Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,286 members, 7,815,485 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:09 PM

How Do I Move On From My Ex - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do I Move On From My Ex (33436 Views)

Should I Move On? / This Girl I'm Dating Forgot My Birthday, Should I Move On ? / How Do I Move On After My Friend's Death.. Still Hurts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Move On From My Ex by Queentee214: 3:03pm On Nov 22, 2019
Hi everyone,
Am really confused on what to do right now and I need advice.

I and my ex broke up six months ago...I broke up with him cuz we are always having misunderstandings...not just that..he can't control himself when angry , he always end up insulting me and calling me names but apologize when he is calm.

The last one that led to our break up was when we went to his friend's birthday party..on getting there,,i met an old time friend(a guy) and we talked for few mins .i went back inside where the party was holding and I met my bf angry already,,we end up quarreling there and he called me a prostitute in front of everyone(that wasn't the first time he would embarrass me in public)...

I was hurt and left there...i started ignoring him and the relationship wasn't going well anymore...i broke up with him afterwards ..i love him but I can't accept his flaws ..we tried to get back together but end up blaming each other for everything.

Six months later, I'm in a relationship with another guy..he has his flaws too but not bad...
Now the problem is I still love my ex and we still talk and chat almost everyday...

He is the first person I call when I need advice and vice versa..my ex family thinks we are still together and always call to check up on me....this is causing problems in my new relationship....

I decided to cut contact with my ex but he is isn't ready to let me go and neither am i..

Just last week my bf broke up with me and told me to call him when am ready to cut off contact with my ex...

Am really confused and I don't know how to do what he asked me...pls anyone with advice on how to forget someone should help me

I need to forget and move on from my ex
....pls advice... Thanks

Pls no one should come here and start telling me I met a good guy and toying with his feelings..

My ex is also a good guy, he just has his flaws...I just need advice...

Thanks

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Move On From My Ex by UnclePrincipal(m): 3:09pm On Nov 22, 2019
You know what to do my dear.

Stop the communication and let him go or rather go back to your ex and accept his flaws simple.

218 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Do I Move On From My Ex by CreepyBlackpool: 3:12pm On Nov 22, 2019
Give me your contact, I can help you move on smiley

137 Likes 8 Shares

Re: How Do I Move On From My Ex by Patented: 3:16pm On Nov 22, 2019
FACt oooooo!!!! cut off all communication, all the chatting and gisting is making your case worse and If you cannot cut off then jejely go back and stop suffering the new guy.
UnclePrincipal:

Stop the communication and let him go or rather go back to your ex and accept his flaws simple.

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Move On From My Ex by Nobody: 3:18pm On Nov 22, 2019
try ubunja

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Move On From My Ex by Youngearnny(m): 3:22pm On Nov 22, 2019
Cut him off. The earlier you let go of him the better you move on. Delete his pictures, contacts, chats, and some other things that can make you remember him. I know it's not easy to move on but trust me you will be fine at the end. Block him on all social media platforms you know him with and also block his number.

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Move On From My Ex by Quality20(m): 3:23pm On Nov 22, 2019
chenzen:
try ubunja
who ix ubunja
Re: How Do I Move On From My Ex by Nobody: 3:25pm On Nov 22, 2019
Quality20:
who ix ubunja
he s a farmer and a love doctor.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Move On From My Ex by Nobody: 3:30pm On Nov 22, 2019
Beautiful OP grin

In this case, I have three things to share with you or I want you to consider or reason when making a choice.

The first is, I think in this case, it's a matter of what you wish for and how much capacity you have to withstand the downsides of what you desire.

- it's a matter of what you wish for because - the human heart was fashioned in such a way that it is always longing for what it likes. Although the human mind may influence the body to do something contrary to what the heart longs for because of some reasons but it's quite difficult to stop the heart from longing for that thing.

this is what played out in your life. Your mind thought that that guy wasn't good for you and you were influenced to walk away from his life. But what happens after that? even though your mind may be convinced the guy isn't good for You, your heart cannot stop yearning for the guy simply because you love him.

- then it's a matter of how much you can withstand the downsides sorrouding what you desire. This is simply because it will be FOOLISH for any human to go ahead to follow his desires if he is convinced that desire or wish will lead him to doom. So how much you can withstand the downsides must also be considered.

So what exactly do you wish for OP? for it is achieving what the heart wants that make the heart happy and settled and if the contrary happens, it causes the heart to be restless and sad. So who out of those guys do you WANT, that would cause you not to be longing for another person while with him and will cause your heart to be fulfilled, happy and settled and not the opposite?

Then secondly, I want you to understand that in life, there are times that, to do the right thing and to be safe and free from problems, one must give up on his/her heart desires. Because in life, it's not everything you want you get and in life, there are times you desire something but that thing is not GOOD for you.

So OP, think thoroughly about that ex of yours that you wish for? What is it gonna be like if you go back to him? What problems are you likely to experience, what's the degree of the likelihood and how much can you withstand his troubles? Think very deeply if going back to your ex will be good for you or bad? If it's bad, then you need no one to tell you that you must give up your love for him and cut off communication with him.

Then the third thing is, I want you to understand that there's nobody that cannot change. In this life, we were created and mandated to perform all that's righteous and right and refrain from all that's wrong. And we have also been created in such a fashion that we can achieve doing the right thing and giving up all bad character if we are determined to do and give it its due requirements.

So every human body can achieve righteousness if it's determined. every bad habit can be given up. This has happened in the lives of many people.

So I want you to understand that your ex can change cause there's no one that cannot change. But still, the likelihood of him changing must be put in consideration.

So your ex can be helped to change and he can change for good and if he does, that way, it will be a total win for you.

so these are the three things I want you to consider.

Remember I never suggested anyone of them for you. I only gave you three things you should consider and I want you to use your sense to do the right thing.

I repeat, USE YOUR SENSE!!!

bye bye!!!

77 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Do I Move On From My Ex by bodaola(m): 3:44pm On Nov 22, 2019
UnclePrincipal:

Sister, I will advise you to move on.... Let Ex be ex, the truth is, the relationship with your ex will not work out well again... He will still bring up the issue of fucking your present boyfriend in future and that will get things worst.... Bet it with me, in future, h

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Move On From My Ex by theTransporter: 3:45pm On Nov 22, 2019
Queentee214:
Hi everyone,

I and my ex broke up six months ago...I broke up with him cuz we are always having misunderstandings...not just that..he can't control himself when angry , he always end up insulting me and calling me names but apologize when he is calm. The last one that led to our break up was when we went to his friend's birthday party..on getting there,,i met an old time friend(a guy) and we talked for few mins .i went back inside where the party was holding and I met my bf angry already,,we end up quarreling there and he called me a prostitute in front of everyone(that wasn't the first time he would embarrass me in public)...I was hurt and left there...i started ignoring him and the relationship wasn't going well anymore...i broke up with him afterwards ..i love him but I can't accept his flaws ..we tried to get back together but end up blaming each other for everything.

Six months later, I'm in a relationship with another guy..he has his flaws too but not bad...
Now the problem is I still love my ex and we still talk and chat almost everyday... He is the first person I call when I need advice and vice versa..my ex family thinks we are still together and always call to check up on me....this is causing problems in my new relationship....I decided to cut contact with my ex but he is isn't ready to let me go and neither am i..
Just last week my bf broke up with me and told me to call him when am ready to cut off contact with my ex...
Am really confused and I don't know how to do what he asked me...pls anyone with advice on how to forget someone should help me
....pls advice... Thanks

Pls no one should come here and start telling me I met a good guy and toying with his feelings.. My ex is also a good guy, he just has his flaws...I just need advice... Thanks

See Queentee, I get you and I am not here to judge you, but you see, it's obvious you still have feelings for ur ex, that's because u sustained that feeling by still keeping in touch with him, u still chat with him, probably stay on long calls with him and all those things.... out of sight they say is out of mind, if you can just make up ur mind and cut him of by letting him know you are now in a relationship, if he persist by still showing u those little care, asking after you and all those things that melt women's hrt, then cut him off, don't answer his call, leave his msgs unreplied, mute his whatsapp status and all those other things that foster communication.... ur new guy left cos you r still stuck in ur past, if it was me I go do just what he did... you have not not even given him an opportunity to see what he has to offer, now lemme gist you, even if you go back to ur ex he will still abuse you, he ain't in control of it. Anger is not easy to drop, and who embRamses his woman in public think before you make a serious mistake...if you go back he will think he is irreplaceable and that you will always come back no matter d shit he does to you... so dear go and put ur house in order with ur new guy..

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Move On From My Ex by Nobody: 3:51pm On Nov 22, 2019
No, your Ex is not a good guy!
And it is only going to get worse. If you know what is good for you, sever ties with him completely and move on with your life.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Move On From My Ex by Edyice: 3:59pm On Nov 22, 2019
How many people here believe aunty is still knacking her ex ..

See eeh the way I see it eeh .. you will end up losing both dude or they will become your close besties with benefits grin....

90 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Do I Move On From My Ex by Nobody: 4:08pm On Nov 22, 2019
You both need to grow up

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Move On From My Ex by egwekwe: 4:08pm On Nov 22, 2019
Are we going to ignore the fact that the op is cheating with his ex grin

Okay, let's all ignore it grin grin

73 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Move On From My Ex by Firstorderwizard(m): 4:36pm On Nov 22, 2019
Dating naija babes is a waste of time.
Botswana girls here I come.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Move On From My Ex by Tenny05(m): 5:08pm On Nov 22, 2019
Go back to your Ex. you are defending him already.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Do I Move On From My Ex by bodaola(m): 5:49pm On Nov 22, 2019
Edyice:
How many people here believe aunty is still knacking her ex ..

See eeh the way I see it eeh .. you will end up losing both dude or their will become your close besties with benefits grin....

Before grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Move On From My Ex by pope191: 5:59pm On Nov 22, 2019
Tenny05:
Go back to your Ex. you are defending him already.

grin grin you are soh on point, I can't help but feel for the new guy she is using as leverage. You honestly don't deserve that guy for still putting up with your ex (sharing advice or not), just stick with your ex and let the new guy breath some air of freedom. #Greediness

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Move On From My Ex by Nobody: 6:13pm On Nov 22, 2019
You are enjoying oh.

Two men for you.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Move On From My Ex by showafrica(m): 6:14pm On Nov 22, 2019
UnclePrincipal:

I wonder oo, i know her type.. She will end up with more exes. They always want what they cant have or what is out of sight. They dont value what they have always craving for what they dont have.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Move On From My Ex by DenreleDave(m): 7:49pm On Nov 22, 2019
Queentee214:
Hi everyone,

I and my ex broke up six months ago...I broke up with him cuz we are always having misunderstandings...not just that..he can't control himself when angry , he always end up insulting me and calling me names but apologize when he is calm. The last one that led to our break up was when we went to his friend's birthday party..on getting there,,i met an old time friend(a guy) and we talked for few mins .i went back inside where the party was holding and I met my bf angry already,,we end up quarreling there and he called me a prostitute in front of everyone(that wasn't the first time he would embarrass me in public)...I was hurt and left there...i started ignoring him and the relationship wasn't going well anymore...i broke up with him afterwards ..i love him but I can't accept his flaws ..we tried to get back together but end up blaming each other for everything.

Now the problem is I still love my ex and we still talk and chat almost everyday... He is the first person I call when I need advice and vice versa..my ex family thinks we are still together and always call to check up on me....this is causing problems in my new relationship....I decided to cut contact with my ex but he is isn't ready to let me go and neither am i..
....pls advice... Thanks

Pls no one should come here and start telling me I met a good guy and toying with his feelings.. My ex is also a good guy, he just has his flaws...I just need advice... Thanks

Lemme advise you.. Pls marry your ex.... I would love to eat ur akara after u marry...

Pls break up with the current one n marry ur ex.. Since everyone has their flaws, ur Ex is best 4u

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Move On From My Ex by DenreleDave(m): 7:51pm On Nov 22, 2019
Queentee214:
Hi everyone,

....pls advice... Thanks

Useless ladies, na ur type go marry and still be f*cking ur ex in the name of fake feelings.

Ur type of ladies makes life hard for men...

U r so pathetic...

Go for ur ex if u really want him

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Move On From My Ex by RPirez: 7:53pm On Nov 22, 2019
grin

1 Like

Re: How Do I Move On From My Ex by oluwasegun007(m): 7:53pm On Nov 22, 2019
Do one or two quickie together ,

you will be fine after that

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Move On From My Ex by KanuSE: 7:55pm On Nov 22, 2019
Why do you want to move on, coz it's obvious you're missing those memorable moments of intense knacking and abuse. grin

Your ex must be an OG! cool

17 Likes

Re: How Do I Move On From My Ex by Donkenny511(m): 7:55pm On Nov 22, 2019
When we become Ex we started behaving nicely
Talk to each other nicely
Like going back to how we started.
Have u eaten? Hope u r good? All the care comes back

But once we get back together, the old stories begins again

My Advice: forget about love here, compare the two guys and choose the one you think can make you happy in future and if you regret it at least it's your decision nobody push you to it.

And I like that your new guy for standing on his word. How can I be dating someone who find joy in another person

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Move On From My Ex by Omololu001: 7:55pm On Nov 22, 2019
Queentee214:
Hi everyone,

I and my ex broke up six months ago...I broke up with him cuz we are always having misunderstandings...not just that..he can't control himself when angry , he always end up insulting me and calling me names but apologize when he is calm.

The last one that led to our break up was when we went to his friend's birthday party..on getting there,,i met an old time friend(a guy) and we talked for few mins .i went back inside where the party was holding and I met my bf angry already,,we end up quarreling there and he called me a prostitute in front of everyone(that wasn't the first time he would embarrass me in public)...

I was hurt and left there...i started ignoring him and the relationship wasn't going well anymore...i broke up with him afterwards ..i love him but I can't accept his flaws ..we tried to get back together but end up blaming each other for everything.

Now the problem is I still love my ex and we still talk and chat almost everyday...

He is the first person I call when I need advice and vice versa..my ex family thinks we are still together and always call to check up on me....this is causing problems in my new relationship....

I decided to cut contact with my ex but he is isn't ready to let me go and neither am i..

....pls advice... Thanks

Pls no one should come here and start telling me I met a good guy and toying with his feelings..

Thanks
change your sim.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Move On From My Ex by Nobody: 7:56pm On Nov 22, 2019
Kill him simple

1 Like

Re: How Do I Move On From My Ex by DennisEche(m): 7:56pm On Nov 22, 2019
You never ready to leave, when you ready come let's advice you properly, if he was that good to stick with why was he an ex, ladies keep making same mistake of going to exes Even some married women are guilty of it, at the end destroy their relationship, stop keeping in touch with ur ex, it has never end well. Most exed guys come back to destroy.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Move On From My Ex by Omololu001: 7:56pm On Nov 22, 2019
Queentee214:
Hi everyone,

....pls advice... Thanks

Thanks
change your sim. Girl I fear you o, even with the way the guy dey treat you, you still dey get feelings for him

You mumu small

18 Likes

Re: How Do I Move On From My Ex by Ladycewhy(f): 7:56pm On Nov 22, 2019
Queentee214:
Hi everyone,

....pls advice... Thanks

Thanks
cut all forms of contact with him.especially online,block him if you have to. I think you are suffering from Stockholm syndrome where the abused for some reason cant let go off their abuser.

I repeat cut off all forms of communication from him, block him on all social media channels if you have to for your own good and that of your new relationship. i am sure you know he wont change his attitude by now ,but you miss him because of the continuous contact , i am tempted to ask what you guys discuss everyday tho? Past memories ,rosey times ,that one time you had good laughs? But seems you are not hurt enough by being labelled a prostitute you want to affirm it by cheating with him on your new bf abi?

Just cut off contact ,simple.

20 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

His Fiancee Aborted His Baby After His Death / Mentally-challenged Man Backs His Lover In Aba, Abia State (photos) / Qualities Of A Wife Material According To A Female Twitter User

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.