Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,654 members, 7,840,600 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 10:05 AM

2011: Jonathan, Ohanaeze Leaders Plot Against North - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2011: Jonathan, Ohanaeze Leaders Plot Against North (10614 Views)

Tinubu Under Security Watch Over Alleged Plot Against Buhari / PDP Crisis: Party Leaders Plot Change Of Name, Merger With Smaller Parties / APC Has No Igbo Agenda. We 'll Vote For Jonathan-ohanaeze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2011: Jonathan, Ohanaeze Leaders Plot Against North by jason12345: 2:36am On Nov 21, 2010
amingafar:

no most igalas have connection with north or south depending on religion and background

there areigalas in edo state who relate more with bini eshans there are igalas in enugu who relate more with ibos, there are iglas in niger kwara who relate more to nupe yoruba fulani,

as you can see some knuckle heads say NC mainly chrsitian wile most muslims say North

as i said earlier, it has to do with affinity.
Re: 2011: Jonathan, Ohanaeze Leaders Plot Against North by AndreUweh(m): 2:40am On Nov 21, 2010
jason12345:

so basically, you support the decision made by ohanaeze even though it might create a marginalisation atmosphere of Ndigbo in Nigerian politics. remember, there is cause and effect. anyway, i still want the SW to follow and endorse GJ even though i doubt that would happen since they might support ACN
It is not just me supporting the endorsement, 80% of Ndigbo supports the endorsement. Am in touch with most Igbo organisations here in the U.K and in Nigeria and I know their views.
Re: 2011: Jonathan, Ohanaeze Leaders Plot Against North by aljharem(m): 2:42am On Nov 21, 2010
jason12345:

as i said earlier, it has to do with affinity.

i think igalas in the south that are Christians should go with the southern nigeria, i think if they are called north central like kwara it would only bring violents to the north,,,,,, or what do u think
Re: 2011: Jonathan, Ohanaeze Leaders Plot Against North by AndreUweh(m): 2:43am On Nov 21, 2010
@Amingafar: Please show some respect by typing Igbo. This may be off topic but your continous use of ibo is annoying.
Re: 2011: Jonathan, Ohanaeze Leaders Plot Against North by jason12345: 2:44am On Nov 21, 2010
Andre Uweh:

It is not just me supporting the endorsement, 80% of Ndigbo supports the endorsement. Am in touch with most Igbo organisations here in the U.K and in Nigeria and I know their views.

was thought given to the wider implications when deciding who to support since you are in touch with the organisation?(with all due respect). do they believe it would pave a way for Ndigbo 2015? did they take into account that any deal made might be jettisoned?
Re: 2011: Jonathan, Ohanaeze Leaders Plot Against North by jason12345: 2:46am On Nov 21, 2010
alj harem:

i think igalas in the south that are Christians should go with the southern nigeria, i think if they are called north central like kwara it would only bring violents to the north,,,,,, or what do u think

i personally think if there is any violence, the igalas (south), okun and the kwarans would join the yorubas thus the agitation for the creation of oya state.
Re: 2011: Jonathan, Ohanaeze Leaders Plot Against North by chyz(m): 2:49am On Nov 21, 2010
jason12345:

i personally think if there is any violence, the igalas (south), okun and the kwarans would join the yorubas thus the agitation for the creation of oya state.

what makes u thing the igala will join yorubas?
Re: 2011: Jonathan, Ohanaeze Leaders Plot Against North by aljharem(m): 2:49am On Nov 21, 2010
jason12345:

better cool smiley
Re: 2011: Jonathan, Ohanaeze Leaders Plot Against North by jason12345: 2:51am On Nov 21, 2010
chyz:

what makes u thing the igala will join yorubas?

maybe, if not then it does not really matter. the emphasis would be on what supports their interest.
Re: 2011: Jonathan, Ohanaeze Leaders Plot Against North by Abagworo(m): 2:53am On Nov 21, 2010
jason12345:

was thought given to the wider implications when deciding who to support since you are in touch with the organisation?(with all due respect). do they believe it would pave a way for Ndigbo 2015? did they take into account that any deal made might be jettisoned?

In as much as I disagree with Ohaneze on its mingling in politics,I believe what Igbos want is not 2015 presidency but their interests.GEJ is an Igbo man anyway.I think Otueke has its roots somewhere in Abia.
Re: 2011: Jonathan, Ohanaeze Leaders Plot Against North by AndreUweh(m): 3:00am On Nov 21, 2010
jason12345:

Prior to the Igbo coming to a conclusion, there were some other issues that were put under consideration not just 2015.
If by 2015, there is an Igbo president, that will be lovely, but if that does not happen, life goes on. But Ndigbo at the moment needs, states, infrastructures, elevation in positions, security and so on.
What would it profit an Igbo to have a president who caters for interest of others ahead Ndigbo. For example, during the tenure of Soludo, as CBN governor, a close friend of mine from London (Igbo) went for a position in central bank. Despite the fact he was more qualified and experienced than the other contestant from Bauchi, but Soludo gave it to the chap from Bauchi and till date, has not explained the rationale for his choice.
Re: 2011: Jonathan, Ohanaeze Leaders Plot Against North by jason12345: 3:06am On Nov 21, 2010
Abagworo:

In as much as I disagree with Ohaneze on its mingling in politics,I believe what Igbos want is not 2015 presidency but their interests.GEJ is an Igbo man anyway.I think Otueke has its roots somewhere in Abia.

you have to be very careful with that statement, it might just be a political bargaining point for GJ to sweep Ndigbo votes ( i speak as a neutral here).

Andre Uweh:

Prior to the Igbo coming to a conclusion, there were some other issues that were put under consideration not just 2015.
If by 2015, there is an Igbo president, that will be lovely, but if that does not happen, life goes on. But Ndigbo at the moment needs, states, infrastructures, elevation in positions, security and so on.
What would it profit an Igbo to have a president who caters for interest of others ahead Ndigbo. For example, during the tenure of Soludo, as CBN governor, a close friend of mine from London (Igbo) went for a position in central bank. Despite the fact he was more qualified and experienced than the other contestant from Bauchi, but Soludo gave it to the chap from Bauchi and till date, has not explained the rationale for his choice.

i believe he would do the infrastructure bit but the states? ? ? ? ? i seriously doubt that. the northern representatives at the national assembly would prevent that. their argument might be that igbo land is small compared to theirs.
Re: 2011: Jonathan, Ohanaeze Leaders Plot Against North by jason12345: 3:08am On Nov 21, 2010
Andre Uweh:

it guarantees political relevance like what the ijaws have now. also the soludo incident might just be a one off
Re: 2011: Jonathan, Ohanaeze Leaders Plot Against North by Nobody: 3:09am On Nov 21, 2010
Andre Uweh:

Please how did you arrive at that number?

You people keep throwing statistics up on down. Its amazing that you arived at 80% of Ndigbo by creating a sample space based in London.
Re: 2011: Jonathan, Ohanaeze Leaders Plot Against North by AndreUweh(m): 3:09am On Nov 21, 2010
@Jason: Landmass has not been a determinant in state creations.
Re: 2011: Jonathan, Ohanaeze Leaders Plot Against North by jason12345: 3:12am On Nov 21, 2010
Andre Uweh:

@Jason: Landmass has not been a determinant in state creations.

then what is? political power or relevance?
Re: 2011: Jonathan, Ohanaeze Leaders Plot Against North by jason12345: 3:13am On Nov 21, 2010
mikeansy:

You people keep throwing statistics up on down. Its amazing that you arived at 80% of Ndigbo by creating a sample space based in London.

grin grin grin grin grin. i hope you don't mind me asking, are you igbo?
Re: 2011: Jonathan, Ohanaeze Leaders Plot Against North by AndreUweh(m): 3:17am On Nov 21, 2010
mikeansy:

Very easy. Make a compilation of Igbo organisations home and abroad and start speaking or writing to their heads for opinions. You may arrive at an answer higher than my 80%. Do you have the time for that?.
Re: 2011: Jonathan, Ohanaeze Leaders Plot Against North by AndreUweh(m): 3:22am On Nov 21, 2010
jason12345:

then what is? political power or relevance?
The need for parity.
Population.
Cultural, social and historical contiguity of the area demanding for a state.
Consent of the people in demand of the state.
Re: 2011: Jonathan, Ohanaeze Leaders Plot Against North by Nobody: 3:27am On Nov 21, 2010
jason12345:

grin grin grin grin grin. i hope you don't mind me asking, are you igbo?

Why do you think I am not? lol

Full blooded Igbo. Both parents are Igbo. The Parents of my Parents are all Igbo.
Re: 2011: Jonathan, Ohanaeze Leaders Plot Against North by jason12345: 3:27am On Nov 21, 2010
Andre Uweh:

The need for parity.
Population.
Cultural, social and historical contiguity of the area demanding for a state.
Consent of the people in demand of the state.

Okay i understand and support the parity bit.

population? undecided.

when forming the new state would it be from the existing ones(igbo states) or partly from other neighbouring states?.

if a new state is formed, i think the demand for oya state would be even stronger.
Re: 2011: Jonathan, Ohanaeze Leaders Plot Against North by jason12345: 3:29am On Nov 21, 2010
mikeansy:

i'll assume you have igbo origin then. the reason i asked is that i did not want some one from another ethnic group to disrespect the decision of ohanaeze. my bad. grin
Re: 2011: Jonathan, Ohanaeze Leaders Plot Against North by Onlytruth(m): 3:30am On Nov 21, 2010
mikeansy:

Full blooded Igbo. Both parents are Igbo. The Parents of my Parents are all Igbo.

Because you sound incongruous to him.   lipsrsealed lipsrsealed . No offense intended.
Re: 2011: Jonathan, Ohanaeze Leaders Plot Against North by jason12345: 3:31am On Nov 21, 2010
Onlytruth:

Because you sound incongruous to him.   lipsrsealed lipsrsealed . No offense intended.
grin grin grin take time ooo! grin

its not because he sounded incongruous
Re: 2011: Jonathan, Ohanaeze Leaders Plot Against North by Onlytruth(m): 3:35am On Nov 21, 2010
jason12345:

grin grin grin take time ooo! grin

Any Igbo should not have his/her position on these issues questioned. I personally don't like complex positions because they create room for perfidy and "jipiti".
Re: 2011: Jonathan, Ohanaeze Leaders Plot Against North by Chimanet(m): 3:35am On Nov 21, 2010
ohaneze took the right step bc is clear that GEJ has more chances of winning afterall he is our closest brother among all the contestant.
Re: 2011: Jonathan, Ohanaeze Leaders Plot Against North by Nobody: 3:41am On Nov 21, 2010
Andrew Uweh

There are 20 - 30 million Igbos on Earth. if not more

The credibility of your statistics depends on how close to this number your sample space is, how diversed it is and how many people from different locations and different political persuations participated in your poll.

If you interview 50 or 100 people who think like you and arrive at 40or 80 of them giving you a favourable answer, then you will certainly arrive at 80% statistics of Ndigbo favouring your ideas. But the question is what is the credibility of your sample space?

I do not think I even need to go into poll making to know that nothing can be further from reality.

There is almost mutiny in Ohaneze Ndigbo because of this decision. At least 3 senior Ohaneze officials have spoken out strongly against this decision including a National Vice President of Ohaneze Ndigbo.
The Idea that a decision which enjoys 80% of Igbo support somehow has some of our finest politicians opposing it is simply ridiculous. Somehow Ekwueme, Soludo, Ken Nnamani, ABC Nwosu, to name just a few are pursuing an agenda that has only 20% support in Igbo land?

Believe me you plucked your 80% from thin air.
Re: 2011: Jonathan, Ohanaeze Leaders Plot Against North by Nobody: 3:43am On Nov 21, 2010
Onlytruth:

Because you sound incongruous to him. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed . No offense intended.

I certainly sound incongrous to the views of Uwechue and I make no appologies for agreeing with Ekwueme, Soludo and Ken Nnamani instead of Uwechue.
Re: 2011: Jonathan, Ohanaeze Leaders Plot Against North by jason12345: 3:43am On Nov 21, 2010
Onlytruth:

Any Igbo should not have their position on these issues questioned. I personally don't like complex positions because they create room for perfidy and "jipiti".

why not? that is dictatorship. even the arewa youth did not support ciroma. people are individuals.

Chimanet:

ohaneze took the right step bc is clear that GEJ has more chances of winning afterall he is our closest brother among all the contestant.

i seriously doubt that except he rigs it (with all due respect). if what i have been reading on the papers is correct then he will not win SW or the North and that would not give him enough states to win the election (pls beaf this is just my opinion cool grin). but i support the brotherly bit. so yes, i think that was a good decision (you have to stick to your brother no matter what happens), but i still don't think it was the best since it did not take into account the interest of the region  first (from a political point of view) and i am sure some of my igbo brothers would agree with me.
Re: 2011: Jonathan, Ohanaeze Leaders Plot Against North by jason12345: 3:46am On Nov 21, 2010
mikeansy:

I certainly sound incongrous to the views of Uwechue and I make no appologies for agreeing with Ekwueme, Soludo and Ken Nnamani instead of Uwechue.

i think the bolded people above actually understand the politics in nigeria. remember, 2015 would be free for all if GJ wins the pdp primaries. every one would go back to their tent
Re: 2011: Jonathan, Ohanaeze Leaders Plot Against North by Nobody: 3:50am On Nov 21, 2010
jason12345:

i think the bolded people above actually understand the politics in nigeria. remember, 2015 would be free for all if GJ wins the pdp primaries. every one would go back to their tent

Taking advice from Uwechue on political issues is like taking Chemistry lectures from your history teacher.

This is not Uwechue's territory, he should stick to what he knows best.

What if Jonathan looses? what face will Uwechue use to lead Ndigbo to demand their rights from whoever gets elected?
Re: 2011: Jonathan, Ohanaeze Leaders Plot Against North by jason12345: 3:52am On Nov 21, 2010
mikeansy:

Taking advice from Uwechue on political issues is like taking Chemistry lectures from your history teacher.

This is not Uwechue's territory, he should stick to what he knows best.

What if Jonathan loses? what face will Uwechue use to lead Ndigbo to demand their rights from whoever gets elected?

@ bolded GBAM!!! i think he should have been patient

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

SURE-P Is Broke, Kolade Tells Senate / Ajimobi, Obasanjo And Gowon At IITA 50th Anniversary Dinner / Supplementary Budget: Saraki, Dogara Explain Delay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.