Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,213 members, 7,818,723 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:56 PM

Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars (32726 Views)

What Are The Functions Of The 'd', 'd3', 'd2' And 'd1' Of Automatic Cars / Mechanics And The Pranks They Play On Car Owners. Share Your Experience / How To Drive Automatic Vehicles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by baba4u93(m): 12:21pm On Jan 11, 2011
hi kele 1975,
i will like to tell u dat d tcs light can only b eraze by diagnosing machines (not d OBD2 scanner) and subject to d fact dat d sensor is alright and as per d unusual noise start by checking d wheel nuts, are they firm if yes rotate d tires on the car and if d noise still continue then u will need 2 bring it down for m 2 assess. nice day
Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by routsz: 2:15pm On Jan 11, 2011
@poster,
yours is highly commendable and appreciated.

baba4u93: Tips for Driving an Automatic Transmission Car
There are only two foot pedals in an automatic transmission car - the brake and gas pedals.
Both the pedals are operated by driver's right foot and so the left foot rests on the floor.
The gear selector has the following markings, P for Park, R for Reverse, N for Neutral and D for driving. Neural is used if the car has to be pushed or towed. . .

i would differ on yr statement in bold. in auto drive i believe d right foot is only for d right pedal . . . and vice versa . .
Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by baba4u93(m): 3:06pm On Jan 11, 2011
Mr routsz,
Thanks for ur comment and ur commendation, if u are refering 2 d left footed ppl drivin automatic it is still advisable for dem 2 use there right foot most especially d way d pedals are fabricated thus if it where to b auto cars in uk/ south africa, japan etc (right hand drive) all man go use lefty b dat oooo
Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by baba4u93(m): 7:55am On Jan 12, 2011
;d
Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by baba4u93(m): 12:08pm On Jan 13, 2011
;d
Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by baba4u93(m): 3:50pm On Jan 14, 2011
;d
Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by baba4u93(m): 6:55pm On Jan 15, 2011
;d
Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by kawkab: 4:04am On Jan 17, 2011
Please, should one change his gearbox oil from time to time. I use a Toyota Siena what kind of gear box oil is the best to use on and how often should it be changed.
Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by baba4u93(m): 7:43am On Jan 17, 2011
hi kawkab, i will advise u not to continue having the impression of u changing gear (transmission) oil d same way u change engine oil during servicing for 1 reason, the SEAL by the gear oil sump might get damage easily when u lose and tight often but what i will tell u is dat constantly gauge ur transmission oil and upon u noticing a slight drop in d level u can go to any gas (petrol) station and buy transmission oil and top up to the manufacturers specification. As regard the kind of transmission oil i will ask u 2 always go to petrol station like OANDO, MOBIL, CONOIL for ur oil because there many adultrated oil are out there.
Have a progressional working week ahead and to all nairalanders
Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by baba4u93(m): 10:57am On Jan 21, 2011
grin hw are u doin
Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by Osama10(m): 3:23am On Jan 24, 2011
Nice thread.
Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by baba4u93(m): 9:56am On Jan 24, 2011
grin,
thanks very much, osama
Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by baba4u93(m): 5:04pm On Jan 27, 2011
hw far grin
Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by baba4u93(m): 8:00pm On Jan 29, 2011
;d
Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by baba4u93(m): 8:46am On Feb 01, 2011
happy new month nairalandera grin
Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by ikeyman00(m): 11:28pm On Feb 01, 2011
kele1975

Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars
« #63 on: January 09, 2011, 10:54 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Engineer Please how do i get the TCS light of from my EOD and there is this noise coming from the turning of the steering when I start the car and turn the steerring around but after about 20-30mins of driving the car I will not hear the noise again till the next day when I will start the car again Please what is the cause of this noise.

like ahah ikeyman alwys say im not an expert but i will always talk on things i know for real; the noise u are getting is definately from the steering component via pipe lines ,rack etc; there is a leakage somewhere; u just have to either check the floor where the car is park to see what drop off overnite ha or check the fluid level or look around the body to see if there are traces of fluid or let the mechanic look for it

so this is what u get; when u start the engine; na your car naw; u must notice the steering is stiff and hard to turn; thereafter with an open pipeline the air slips in to form some bubble; so when the engine start so do the the pump which drive circulates the fluid around and the noise u get to hear come from the reaction of those moving bubbles; so within few mins as the motor spin the air gap now completely driven out then noise ceases; then your steering comes back to normal

however with the leak still there then the fluid will eventually drawn out 
Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by baba4u93(m): 3:32pm On Feb 08, 2011
hi cheesy
Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by baba4u93(m): 10:14am On Feb 09, 2011
hi dude grin
Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by baba4u93(m): 10:41am On Feb 10, 2011
good morning nairalanders wink
Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by mindthing: 6:43pm On Feb 10, 2011
Hi Guys. I use a 2004 honda accord EX-L. my ABS light on the dashboard comes on after driving for 15 minutes from startup. If i thereafter park the car for less than 10 minutes before starting it again, the light stays on at startup. But if the car is parked for more than an hour, i get the 15-minute delay while driving before the light flashes on again.

Kindly help proffer a solution or refer me to a good diagnostics centre in Lagos for a resolution. Thanks.
Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by baba4u93(m): 8:58am On Feb 11, 2011
Hi mind thing,
Hi Guys. I use a 2004 honda accord EX-L. my ABS light on the dashboard comes on after driving for 15 minutes from startup. If i thereafter park the car for less than 10 minutes before starting it again, the light stays on at startup. But if the car is parked for more than an hour, i get the 15-minute delay while driving before the light flashes on again.

Kindly help proffer a solution or refer me to a good diagnostics centre in Lagos for a resolution. Thanks.

call 08032016668 or 08023352829, or visit this site https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-501686.32.html
Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by pak: 10:21am On Feb 11, 2011
Thanks baba for your insightful post.

I was just wondering if you have an idea of what can be the cause of my car jerking anytime I put it in reverse gear.
Every other thing works fine with the car, the gear changes appropriately both when accelerating and downshifting but whenever I try to shift to reverse gear, the car actually moves into reverse but it jerks first. I've been wondering why.

The car is a V6 auto 2003 accord.

Thanks and your responses will be welcome
Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by baba4u93(m): 10:55am On Feb 11, 2011
pak,
sincerely i will advise u 2 scan d car first b4 taking stand on anything, issues like dis might b complicating as in might b dat it d solenoid dat is acting up or the actuation inside valve body dat has problem.
Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by baba4u93(m): 5:55pm On Feb 14, 2011
hi grin
Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by Chuksyno(m): 6:43pm On Feb 14, 2011
Thanks so much. I found this thread more than useful. U're really too much. U are d type of pple we need in dis forum. May God reward u greatly.
Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by baba4u93(m): 12:45pm On Feb 15, 2011
thanks chuksyno wink
Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by rhythyson: 10:19pm On Feb 15, 2011
please sir my 2005 honda hybrid has a gear problem, when ever i put it in reverse, the drive light keep blinking some one did a scan and collected 10k to solve it yet nothing happens, so what do you think is the problem and how can i solve it despite all these i have said the car still works fine, please help me sir, EAGERLY expecting to hear from you sir.
Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by baba4u93(m): 10:01am On Feb 16, 2011
when u scan d car wat was d code dat was printed out for u sir and what was the text dat was attached to the code, but usually if it an honda its most likely dat its d B solenoid, but for me to b sure can u call m sir on 08032016668
Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by rhythyson: 12:44pm On Feb 16, 2011
ok sir will do that soon thanks so so much
Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by baba4u93(m): 10:14am On Feb 17, 2011
holla wink
Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by baba4u93(m): 9:30pm On Feb 18, 2011
holla my pple wink
Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by baba4u93(m): 10:51am On Feb 19, 2011
hi smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Went To Driving School Today And I'm Really Giving Up. / Carquest/Milex Deals & Specials Thread courtesy of Rad Auto Works / 2019 Mercedes Benz A-class Now Comes As A Saloon Car Too (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.