Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,662 members, 7,955,394 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:08 AM

Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars (32941 Views)

What Are The Functions Of The 'd', 'd3', 'd2' And 'd1' Of Automatic Cars / Mechanics And The Pranks They Play On Car Owners. Share Your Experience / How To Drive Automatic Vehicles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by baba4u93(m): 9:00am On Feb 20, 2011
hi wink
Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by baba4u93(m): 7:00pm On Feb 21, 2011
holla grin
Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by baba4u93(m): 8:25pm On Feb 22, 2011
hi ppl grin
Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by baba4u93(m): 2:52pm On Feb 23, 2011
hi grin
Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by baba4u93(m): 4:30pm On Feb 24, 2011
hi ppl cheesy
Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by baba4u93(m): 9:51am On Feb 25, 2011
hi ppl cheesy
Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by baba4u93(m): 9:21pm On Feb 27, 2011
hi ppl happy new week shocked shocked
Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by baba4u93(m): 9:03pm On Feb 28, 2011
hi wink
Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by baba4u93(m): 11:14am On Mar 02, 2011
hi ppl smiley
Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by baba4u93(m): 9:24pm On Mar 03, 2011
hi ppl cheesy
Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by baba4u93(m): 2:40pm On Mar 05, 2011
hi ppl
Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by samboribo(m): 7:12pm On Mar 05, 2011
hello baba

my 02 land rover freelander tends to go off after a long while in traffic. and when u switch it on, it still keeps going off. unless u park it for some time and start again, then it acts right. what could be the cause??

thanks cool cool
Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by baba4u93(m): 11:19am On Mar 06, 2011
samboribo, wink usually what can make such a v6 engine stop running while at static situation can be trace to 1 line of problem, 1st of all ask your mechanic to remove the fuel filter for you to see and if not dirty then i can say the only place left is the nuzzles, am sure b4 nw the car idle niddle on your dash board will going up and down even when d engine is idle. Is your check engine light on and if yes which am sure of i will like to do a data stream check/ diagnose  for u and see hw each component are performing for just 5k sir  cheesy
Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by samboribo(m): 4:03am On Mar 08, 2011
thanks, baba!! always had the feeling it would be the fuel filter as it started one day i bought fuel from this particular oando filling station at ajah. and i bought that fuel filter liquid cleaner last week, but it seems that didn't work. i'll have it fully checked out tomorrow though. thanks for ur help!!
Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by baba4u93(m): 12:08pm On Mar 09, 2011
hi ppl?
Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by baba4u93(m): 7:54am On Mar 10, 2011
u are wellcome sam.
Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by baba4u93(m): 9:47pm On Mar 11, 2011
hi ppl
Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by baba4u93(m): 9:07pm On Mar 16, 2011
hi ppl,
Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by baba4u93(m): 8:41pm On Mar 17, 2011
hi ppl
Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by baba4u93(m): 9:48pm On Mar 18, 2011
hi ppl
Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by adros84(m): 12:31pm On Mar 19, 2011
Hello,
Please can you help me with the address or phone number of a garage that uses Computer to detect vehicle probems in Nigeria? I have a Toyota Sequia which will need computer scanning.
Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by baba4u93(m): 9:15pm On Mar 19, 2011
hi adros84,
check out dis ppl tooo on nairaland
When buying a car people tend to call there mechanics who after revving or drive it for a few kilometers will come back to certify the vehicle or even cut a deal with the buyer at your own expense, but you have the opportunity of scanning the car with the latest auto diagnosing machine AUTOBOSS V30 which will give you detail of faults on the car as well as the description so its up to you before buying the car either USED of TOKUNBO from 1993 to date. our fee is N4500 if you bring the car to our workshop and N5000 if we are going outside,

Are u tired of your try an error auto mechanic, our company is happy to introduce the latest auto mobile diagnosing machine call AUTOBOSS V30, for your effective auto scan, code reading and precision diagnosing for any vehicle from 1993 to 2010 any brand. call 08032016668 or 08023352829. Or visit our office at no 8 elephant cement way adjacent nasfat mosque beside ereke house alausa ikeja our fee is N5000 if you take it to our workshop and N7000 if home service or have to come to you.

Most Nigerian using cars are of the opinion that when the car is still on the move they have no business with the engineer despite the fact that there check engine light is on and hearing some unpleasant noise from engine or at the other component around the car, more also some are of the idea that once you service your car regularly you have done the car a perfect maintenance but you need to scan your car before it gets to a halt/or break down while on the way from work.
Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by adros84(m): 11:06pm On Mar 20, 2011
Thanks. Will contact you next week.
Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by baba4u93(m): 10:28pm On Mar 22, 2011
hi ppl wink
Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by baba4u93(m): 8:19pm On Mar 24, 2011
hi my ppl wink
Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by baba4u93(m): 9:25pm On Mar 25, 2011
hi ppl smiley
Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by biggiyke(m): 7:50am On Mar 26, 2011
gudmorn baba. i rily apreciat this thread. i recently bought a naija used 2007 disc continu V6. iv noticd a cranking noise weneva i turn the steering at rest, altho its nt stiff. secondly, weneva i accelerate rapidly, the entire car vibrates. wen i release my foot frm d pedal, vibration stops. the vibration is very embarasin especialy wen i hv frnds wit me. i took it to a mechanic and he said the engine seating nids checkin. i havent gone bak cos im kinda scared to start a ripoff contract wit d mechanic. also, the gear selector skips R wen i shift frm P to D, and wen i engage P sometimes, the car key doesnt com out until i push the selector further forward.
i'd rily apreciat ur help on this.
Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by baba4u93(m): 10:42pm On Mar 27, 2011
hello biggiyke,
let m start by saying we appreciate ur message and congrat on ur new car, like u complain, is ur check engine lite on? if yes did u got d car with d lite on or after buying, also i will like 2 know apart frm d vibration does ur car gear shift as in gear changes frm 1-5 wen driven around, if yes, then ur issue is more of electrical fault and pls i will like u to scan d car b4 goin ahead 2 do any repair plsssss. u can call m on 08032016668 or 08023352829
Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by baba4u93(m): 10:49pm On Mar 27, 2011
biggiyke,
less i 4get wen u shift ur car 2 reverse does it engage and was there any kind of jerk or delay b4 moving like force
Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by biggiyke(m): 1:53am On Mar 28, 2011
baba4u93:

hello biggiyke,
let m start by saying we appreciate your message and congrat on your new car, like u complain, is your check engine lite on? if yes did u got d car with d lite on or after buying, also i will like 2 know apart frm d vibration does your car gear shift as in gear changes frm 1-5 wen driven around, if yes, then your issue is more of electrical fault and pls i will like u to scan d car b4 goin ahead 2 do any repair plsssss. u can call m on 08032016668 or 08023352829

baba, thanks 4 ur response. wil defnitly giv u a call soon. as per ur questions, the gear shift during normal drivin is ok. altho there is a slight delay/jerk wen i move to either R or D. the check engine light came wit d car altho i was told all d car needed was servicin. the previous owner servicd d car at Honda place.
Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by olasalam(m): 3:23am On Mar 28, 2011
Hello Baba,
may I 1st commend ur effort, u're doin a gr8 job !
My case:
I am a starter n 1st-timer,
I read ur 1st post on tips 2drive an autom. car and believe I can do dat.
Also, my choice of car is Toyota / Honda.
But a friend told me they're nt good 4me to start with as they do av 'shaft' problem!
, is ds true and wat expertise advice can u give me?
Thanks in anticipation!
Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by baba4u93(m): 9:33pm On Mar 28, 2011
hi biggiyke,
am very sure dat d ppl dat sold u dat car actually package d car 4 u, because check engine light is a sign of a fault that d ECU is trying call ur attention to, go to my thread on nairaland.
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-501686.0.html

Scan That Car B4 Buying And See Reason Y Your Check Engine Light Is On
« on: August 23, 2010, 09:48 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When buying a car people tend to call there mechanics who after revving or drive it for a few kilometers will come back to certify the vehicle or even cut a deal with the buyer at your own expense, but you have the opportunity of scanning the car with the latest auto diagnosing machine AUTOBOSS V30 which will give you detail of faults on the car as well as the description so its up to you before buying the car either USED of TOKUNBO from 1993 to date. our fee is N4500 if you bring the car to our workshop and N5000 if we are going outside,

Are u tired of your try an error auto mechanic, our company is happy to introduce the latest auto mobile diagnosing machine call AUTOBOSS V30, for your effective auto scan, code reading and precision diagnosing for any vehicle from 1993 to 2010 any brand. call 08032016668 or 08023352829. Or visit our office at no 8 elephant cement way adjacent nasfat mosque beside ereke house alausa ikeja our fee is N5000 if you take it to our workshop and N7000 if home service or have to come to you.

Most Nigerian using cars are of the opinion that when the car is still on the move they have no business with the engineer despite the fact that there check engine light is on and hearing some unpleasant noise from engine or at the other component around the car, more also some are of the idea that once you service your car regularly you have done the car a perfect maintenance but you need to scan your car before it gets to a halt/or break down while on the way from work.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Top 5 Cars Spotted In Nigeria For Car Lovers. / 8 Crazily Unique Beetle Cars You Have Never Seen Before (photos) / Pictures Of The Car Electrician That Stole Comedian Ogusbaba Wife's Car Revealed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.