Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,773 members, 7,809,982 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:17 PM

Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars (32699 Views)

What Are The Functions Of The 'd', 'd3', 'd2' And 'd1' Of Automatic Cars / Mechanics And The Pranks They Play On Car Owners. Share Your Experience / How To Drive Automatic Vehicles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by olasalam(m): 11:13pm On Mar 28, 2011
olasalam:

Hello Baba,
may I 1st commend your effort, u're doin a gr8 job !
My case:
I am a starter n 1st-timer,
I read your 1st post on tips 2drive an autom. car and believe I can do dat.
Also, my choice of car is Toyota / Honda.
But a friend told me they're nt good 4me to start with as they do av 'shaft' problem!
, is ds true and wat expertise advice can u give me?
Thanks in anticipation!

HELLO BABA,
YOU DID NOT RESPOND TO MY REQUEST !
Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by baba4u93(m): 8:37pm On Mar 29, 2011
hi olasalam,
am very sorry 4 not 2 hav reply ur post due to tight schedule sir i look at cars as chicken, if u ask m why when u rear chicken if u want them 2 b more productive u must take good care of them, there are no bad cars but bad mechanic, japanese car are good and suitable 4 ppl who are just starting because spare parts are cheap and accessible. Also most 9jer always go to repair when d car is bcoming a burden or cannot move again, toyota and honda cars like ur friend said has shaft as there means of propelling wheels but when ur shaft are bcomin wear or the rubber turn off, u will knw even frm ur driving but ppl prefer d attitude of i can manage it till month end or weekend thereby endangering and putting d car tru undue stress. The back axle too also hav there own unique problems but in this generation hardly will u find back axle again except on benz, bmw and 4x4 suv(jeeps). u can call m on 08032016668 or 08023352829, rgads 2 family and hav a pleasant day
Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by baba4u93(m): 8:53pm On Mar 29, 2011
hi olasalam,
am very sorry 4 not 2 hav reply ur post due to tight schedule sir i look at cars as chicken, if u ask m why when u rear chicken if u want them 2 b more productive u must take good care of them, there are no bad cars but bad mechanic, japanese car are good and suitable 4 ppl who are just starting because spare parts are cheap and accessible. Also most 9jer always go to repair when d car is bcoming a burden or cannot move again, toyota and honda cars like ur friend said has shaft as there means of propelling wheels but when ur shaft are bcomin wear or the rubber turn off, u will knw even frm ur driving but ppl prefer d attitude of i can manage it till month end or weekend thereby endangering and putting d car tru undue stress. The back axle too also hav there own unique problems but in this generation hardly will u find back axle again except on benz, bmw and 4x4 suv(jeeps). u can call m on 08032016668 or 08023352829, rgads 2 family and hav a pleasant day

olasalam,
Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by baba4u93(m): 8:17pm On Mar 31, 2011
hi ppl wink
Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by baba4u93(m): 9:35pm On Apr 01, 2011
hi ppl, cast ur vote wisely cheesy
Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by baba4u93(m): 3:22pm On Apr 02, 2011
hi ppl
Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by baba4u93(m): 1:59pm On Apr 03, 2011
hi ppl
Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by baba4u93(m): 1:01pm On Apr 04, 2011
hi ppl
Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by baba4u93(m): 9:07pm On Apr 06, 2011
hi ppl smiley
Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by senola1: 11:23pm On Apr 06, 2011
u have talked about car maintenance and all, esp on automatic cars, CAN U PLS SHED LIGHT ON WHAT "L" stands for on the automatic transmission gear options, zenk you
Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by baba4u93(m): 9:28pm On Apr 07, 2011
L=LOW - (may be indicated by '1') this is the lowest gear (or 1st gear) available. This position is useful when the vehicle needs to negotiate difficult terrain (such as a steep incline with a poor surface). For downward slopes, the LOW gear provides additional braking through the engine.
OD=OVERDRIVE - for vehicles fitted with this option, an extra gear is provided that has a lower ratio than the normal top gear. The power output delivered by this gear is low in comparison to the normal gears and is used for high speed cruising (on interstates / motorways etc). Engine revolutions are reduced, as are noise levels. Fuel consumption is improved.
Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by ficoram(m): 9:15am On Apr 08, 2011
@baba4u
Thanks 4 d wonderful advice you have being giving on this thread.pls i ll like to ask you some question that i need clarification on.I m a starter,i want to get a car soon.i ve bin considering getting babyboy 1999/2000,but people warned against it cos of the gear problem.pls can you tell me about (1)the maintanance of the gear to prevent such problem,a frnd said he always change the gear oil every 1 or 2 month
2) how long does it take for the gear problem to start
3)what is the danger of buying a naija used that subsequently develop such a problem.tnx
Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by baba4u93(m): 2:14pm On Apr 10, 2011
hi ficoram,

pls call me

08032016668 or 08023352829
Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by baba4u93(m): 10:37pm On Apr 13, 2011
hi ppl
Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by baba4u93(m): 9:56pm On Apr 14, 2011
hi ppl
Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by baba4u93(m): 9:58pm On Apr 15, 2011
holla pple
Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by baba4u93(m): 1:01pm On Apr 16, 2011
hi ppl hw was d election going nw
Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by baba4u93(m): 10:03pm On Apr 17, 2011
hi ppl
Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by baba4u93(m): 3:26pm On Apr 21, 2011
hi ppl
Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by baba4u93(m): 12:18pm On Apr 22, 2011
hi ppl,
Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by baba4u93(m): 9:26pm On Apr 24, 2011
hi ppl
Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by baba4u93(m): 8:55pm On Apr 25, 2011
hi ppl
Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by PROMPTTT: 10:27pm On Apr 25, 2011
Great Knowledge of autos. That's why NL is it. After buying a Corolla 1999 Tokunbo a mechanic told me that a device needed to be fixed so as to prevent the engine from getting too hot due to our weather. Pls, how true is this assertion? undecided
Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by PROMPTTT: 10:36pm On Apr 25, 2011
Great Knowledge on  autos baba4u93.  That's why NL is it. After buying a Corolla 1999 Tokunbo a mechanic told me that a device needed to be fixed so as to prevent the engine from getting too hot due to our weather. Pls, how true is this assertion? undecided
Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by switosman(m): 11:44am On Apr 27, 2011
baba4u93, pls I have these problems with my EOD 03;
- as I accel from rest I notice vibrations. at ist I changed driver side shaft, it went away, now its back, do mI change the right shaft?

- whenever i put on my AC,i notice a kind of drag, the car behaves like its on load?

what cld be the problem?
Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by earthrealm(m): 1:18pm On Apr 27, 2011
PROMPT TT:

Great Knowledge on autos baba4u93. That's why NL is it. After buying a Corolla 1999 Tokunbo a mechanic told me that a device needed to be fixed so as to prevent the engine from getting too hot due to our weather. Pls, how true is this assertion? undecided

i seriously think that the mechanic is tryin 2 rip u off, i bought my car from the US and shipped myself, i didnt remove anything from the engine to avoid overheating, an yrs on, the car still runs fine.

be very careful of that mechanic, he seems fishy
Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by baba4u93(m): 8:58pm On May 23, 2011
hi ppl
Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by baba4u93(m): 11:53pm On Jun 22, 2011
hi ppl smiley
Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by wiseman2: 2:53pm On Jun 24, 2011
@baba4u,
pls i use a 2000 model passat,recently,anytime i switch on the a/c,the engin stops if i attemp to move the car.Seondlythe car just stopped on the road recently without the a/c on,someone told me i have to decode/reprogramme the car.please what do you think is wrong(the kick keeps rolling without the car starting.i changed the fuel pump,still no improvement)
Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by Sicherheit(m): 3:23pm On Jun 24, 2011
Bros, this is a good thread you've got going here.
Keep up the good work.
Let's demand more threads like these!!
Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by mishooo(m): 7:58pm On Jun 27, 2011
wiseman2:

@baba4u,
pls i use a 2000 model passat,recently,anytime i switch on the a/c,the engin stops if i attemp to move the car.Seondlythe car just stopped on the road recently without the a/c on,someone told me i have to decode/reprogramme the car.please what do you think is wrong(the kick keeps rolling without the car starting.i changed the fuel pump,still no improvement)

You actually need to decode the error. If you have someone with a VAG COM software around you, he can be of help. On the other hand, IIF you are anywhere near Ikoyi, i might be of help. send a text to 08032979155.
Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by baba4u93(m): 10:31am On Oct 05, 2011
hello guys

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Abuja And Environs, Remotely Follow Your Car Repairs Online. / PHOTOS: Bus Somersaults On 3rdmainland Bridge This Afternoon / How To Verify If Your Car Number Plate Is Authentic Or Fake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.