Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,657 members, 7,816,685 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:14 PM

What Would You Do If Your Parents Reject The Partner You Love So Much? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Would You Do If Your Parents Reject The Partner You Love So Much? (1799 Views)

What Feature (s) Is A Must Have For A Partner You Intend To Date Or Marry? / What Will You Do If Your Parents Reject The Person You Want To Marry / How Do You Tell Your Partner You Want To Make Love?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Would You Do If Your Parents Reject The Partner You Love So Much? by Nobody: 11:44pm On Nov 27, 2019
When we are in love and the love is reciprocated by our partner, it is satisfying. But the issue I want to bring here is, if your lovely partner is rejected by your parents, what is the way forward.

Parents must approve your partner before marriage, and their rejection of a partner may have some deep implications. You are the number one person responsible for your emotional choices, but if your parents oppose your choice with reasons that are deep, such as "their loss of peace" about such person, do not go ahead with such person until peace is found.

But to you, what will you do?
Re: What Would You Do If Your Parents Reject The Partner You Love So Much? by Mood11: 11:51pm On Nov 27, 2019
Some ladies have hidden figures of wickedness, selfishness, spirit of division and even oloshoism in them and it's only the eyes of mother-in-law to be that sees deep within the contours and pancakes of modern day girls.

2 Likes

Re: What Would You Do If Your Parents Reject The Partner You Love So Much? by Rednaxelot: 11:57pm On Nov 27, 2019
I have no option than to let the lady be, ie let her go.

I can’t go on with a lady whose parents do not like me, what is the essence of marrying a lady that my parents do not like.

We are all human, there is a very tendency the lady divorces me in the future, where will I run back to? My parents who I’ve already disobeyed.

This is Africa, and we can’t take away african from the fact that a lady or man whose parents do not support his/her marriage may never enjoy his/her home.

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do If Your Parents Reject The Partner You Love So Much? by Rednaxelot: 12:02am On Nov 28, 2019
Mood11:
Some ladies have hidden figures of wickedness, selfishness, spirit of division and even oloshoism in them and it's only the eyes of mother-in-law to be that sees deep within the contours and pancakes of modern day girls.
more like myth.

Not always true.

Our mothers most times don’t like ladies base on the first impression presented by the ladies on their first meeting. And could be some old beliefs about the village or hometown the lady hails from.

The funniest part is that majority of our mother’s excuses are flimsy and trivial

3 Likes

Re: What Would You Do If Your Parents Reject The Partner You Love So Much? by Thebwoy: 12:06am On Nov 28, 2019
Rednaxelot:
more like myth.

Not always true.

Our mothers most times don’t like ladies base on the first impression presented by the ladies on their first meeting. And could be some old beliefs about the village or hometown the lady hails from.

The funniest part is that majority of our mother’s excuses are flimsy and trivial

But if you go down deep

They always have a point.
Re: What Would You Do If Your Parents Reject The Partner You Love So Much? by Rednaxelot: 12:11am On Nov 28, 2019
Thebwoy:

But if you go down deep

They always have a point.
surely.

Everybody is always having a point. But the koko be say “how genuine is the point”?
Re: What Would You Do If Your Parents Reject The Partner You Love So Much? by pharmagba: 12:14am On Nov 28, 2019
This is sure complicated

Whatever the point may be a I will first consider within myself, if she is truly what and whom i what
, if she is. Then it is time to prove whatever they have against her, I will plan for another 6- 12month still in courtship to see if we can win them especially if the reason has to do with we have control over and not her family or a sickness
If we can win them it fine we go ahead with marriage but if not l let them know she is my choice and I will take responsibility if I can still delay marriage I will but if not we gather brothers and sisters and those we have won over and have our marriage

I love and respect my parent; but marriage, it is my call

2 Likes

Re: What Would You Do If Your Parents Reject The Partner You Love So Much? by MrBrownJay1(m): 12:19am On Nov 28, 2019
if my parents were that "mad" then i would have no other option than to reject THEM.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Would You Do If Your Parents Reject The Partner You Love So Much? by meobizy(f): 1:07am On Nov 28, 2019
I will find another one. No matter how strong love is there is no way it won’t shake in the length of ten years. With a world of seven billion people I can find her replacement and better options using conscious effort.
Re: What Would You Do If Your Parents Reject The Partner You Love So Much? by Sabby1(m): 1:29am On Nov 28, 2019
bereanway:

If their opinion is immensely sensible and genuine, I will look for another partner or I will just pack my luggage and go to SEMINARY school.
This life I can't kill myself oh!
wink wink wink wink

Re: What Would You Do If Your Parents Reject The Partner You Love So Much? by Kylekent59: 1:32am On Nov 28, 2019
MrBrownJay1:
if my parents were that "mad" then i would have no other option than to reject THEM.

Hope when you becomes a father and your child is about to be married, he does that same thing you did. Hope you won't get angered??

Mothers know what's best for their sons. They are female too and they know themselves.

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do If Your Parents Reject The Partner You Love So Much? by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:57am On Nov 28, 2019
Kylekent59:
Hope when you becomes a father and your child is about to be married, he does that same thing you did. Hope you won't get angered??

Mothers know what's best for their sons. They are a female too and they know themselves.

first of all, if you dont know whats best for you, when you want to get married, to the point where you would need your parents to choose someone for you, then i am sorry to say that you aint ready for marriage.

second, as a father, i could NEVER stop my children from getting married to ANYONE. if they feel they wanna marry some demon, who am i to disagree. i would tell her/him how thats not such a good idea and how he/she should seriously think about that decision, but ultimately that would be their lives thus his/her decision aka THEIR cross to carry.

just because our mothers are females means absolutely NOTHING. you mother doesnt live with that person, doesnt know that person, doesnt date that person, so rightfully parents dont actually know shiit about that person. we live in a different times than our parents, how can THEY be on our level when it comes to dating?!!?!?!?!?!?!

any parent who think they can stop their children from loving the person in their life, and instead ruin their lives by forcing that child to marry who they see fit, are selfish evil human beings.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Would You Do If Your Parents Reject The Partner You Love So Much? by WonderManly(m): 5:17am On Nov 28, 2019
Rednaxelot:

I can’t go on with a lady whose parents do not like me, what is the essence of marrying a lady that my parents do not like.

We are all human, there is a very tendency the lady divorces me in the future, where will I run back to? My parents who I’ve already disobeyed.

This is Africa, and we can’t take away african from the fact that a lady or man whose parents do not support his/her marriage may never enjoy his/her home.

Re: What Would You Do If Your Parents Reject The Partner You Love So Much? by Bola146(f): 5:22am On Nov 28, 2019
I can marry the person, yes but if his own parents reject me, omo na to gbe body asap.
Re: What Would You Do If Your Parents Reject The Partner You Love So Much? by Nobody: 6:25am On Nov 28, 2019
Bola146:
I can marry the person, yes but if his own parents reject me, omo na to gbe body asap.
what of if your own parents rejects the person?
Re: What Would You Do If Your Parents Reject The Partner You Love So Much? by Bola146(f): 6:28am On Nov 28, 2019
bereanway:
what of if your own parents rejects the person?

I'll marry him if he is everything I need

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do If Your Parents Reject The Partner You Love So Much? by crackhaus: 6:41am On Nov 28, 2019
I always tell my guys and brothers, if mumsi does not like your babe for one reason or the other, be wise and DO NOT marry that girl oo.

Only a woman can see deep behind the facade another woman like her puts up.

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do If Your Parents Reject The Partner You Love So Much? by JERRY1925(m): 6:58am On Nov 28, 2019
It's actually really sad.
Mine is based on tribal stuff.
Her parent wants her tribal man.
It's so tough for us.
We are still holding on sha.. Holding things change.
But within me.. I have doubts.
The parents really dislike my tribe.
Re: What Would You Do If Your Parents Reject The Partner You Love So Much? by Nobody: 7:00am On Nov 28, 2019
It's my marriage, my life! I get to live with it, currently going through this. My parents, Mom told me she won't attend the trad since I choose to marry from a far tribe and distance. Dad told me in the village, my son why not choose a woman from Igbo, all these beautiful women here. They fail to understand that I'm happy with her, that a've seen enough ladies already and some people are just inreplaceable. I don't really care what their stand is, since the hate is literally tribe related they have to respect my decision. I'm not calling it off!

3 Likes

Re: What Would You Do If Your Parents Reject The Partner You Love So Much? by Kylekent59: 7:13am On Nov 28, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

first of all, if you dont know whats best for you, when you want to get married, to the point where you would need your parents to choose someone for you, then i am sorry to say that you aint ready for marriage.

second, as a father, i could NEVER stop my children from getting married to ANYONE. if they feel they wanna marry some demon, who am i to disagree. i would tell her/him how thats not such a good idea and how he/she should seriously think about that decision, but ultimately that would be their lives thus his/her decision aka THEIR cross to carry.

just because our mothers are females means absolutely NOTHING. you mother doesnt live with that person, doesnt know that person, doesnt date that person, so rightfully parents dont actually know shiit about that person. we live in a different times than our parents, how can THEY be on our level when it comes to dating?!!?!?!?!?!?!

any parent who think they can stop their children from loving the person in their life, and instead ruin their lives by forcing that child to marry who they see fit, are selfish evil human beings.

After carrying you for 9 months, breastfed you for almost a year and some days, taking care of you till you became a man. Only for you to marry a calamity.

You don't even know the pain, your mum will give you the greatest love on earth. If you wreck, she would be willing to care for you.

Don't be carried away by love, forget all those movies you watch on telemud'a. A woman can change within a split seconds after marriage.

Don't even try to go against them if you do, then anything you see in your marriage you take.

Brain will tell you that if you go against your parents advice and marries her, she " your wife" would show you pepper. She has nothing to lose because you went against your parent for her.

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do If Your Parents Reject The Partner You Love So Much? by Kylekent59: 7:28am On Nov 28, 2019
bereanway:
When we are in love and the love is reciprocated by our partner, it is satisfying. But the issue I want to bring here is, if you your lovely partner is rejected by your parents, what is the way forward.

Parents must approve your partner before marriage, and their rejection of a partner may have some deep implications. You are the number one person responsible for your emotional choices, but if your parents oppose your choice with reasons that are deep, such as "their loss of peace" about such person, do not go ahead with such person until peace is found.

You heading is very wrong.

What "would you do" + If

Would is also used before a conditional statement ( i.e "if"wink

Also, since you are seeking answers from different people on social media there by making it public, then "would" should be used.

So correct your heading.

I listen to them because they came before me, they have more experience when it comes to relationship, they might have witnessed many similar experience just like mine.
Re: What Would You Do If Your Parents Reject The Partner You Love So Much? by MrBrownJay1(m): 7:37am On Nov 28, 2019
Kylekent59:
After carrying you for 9 months, breastfed you for almost a year and some days, taking care of you till you became a man. Only for you to marry a calamity.

You don't even know the pain, your mum will give you the greatest love on earth. If you wreck, she would be willing to care for you.

Don't be carried away by love, forget all those movies you watch on telemud'a. A woman can change within a split seconds after marriage.

Don't even try to go against them if you do, then anything you see in your marriage you take.

Brain will tell you that if you go against your parents advice and marries her, she " your wife" would show you pepper. She has nothing to lose because you went against your parent for her.

what has mothers carrying us for 9months got to do with anything? if as an adult you cant even choose/decide ON YOUR OWN for the right babe that you want to spend the rest of your life with, then life is too hard and you might as well stay in your parents home.

no matter who i decide to marry, my mother will ALWAYS be happy for me, so long as i am happy... because thats all that matters to her. everyone can make mistake (parents included)... if you actually think that parents dont make mistakes in this issue, especially in Nigeria where a donkey from a certain tribe will be better to them than a good man from another tribe, this is the african joke here....

how could i even look at myself in the mirror every morning if i couldnt even choose my own woman....?! how could this woman respect me as a man if she isnt and/or wasnt even my choice/desire?!?!?!?!? what else will mama decide? when we have sex, how we have sex, name of baby, where to live etc?

6 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What Would You Do If Your Parents Reject The Partner You Love So Much? by derrydinny: 8:07am On Nov 28, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

what has mothers carrying us for 9months got to do with anything? if as an adult you cant even choose/decide ON YOUR OWN for the right babe that you want to spend the rest of your life with, then life is too hard and you might as well stay in your parents home.

no matter who i decide to marry, my mother will ALWAYS be happy for me, so long as i am happy... because thats all that matters to her. everyone can make mistake (parents included)... if you actually think that parents dont make mistakes in this issue, especially in Nigeria where a donkey from a certain tribe will be better to them than a good man from another tribe, this is the african joke here....

how could i even look at myself in the mirror every morning if i couldnt even choose my own woman....?! how could this woman respect me as a man if she isnt and/or wasnt even my choice/desire?!?!?!?!? what else will mama decide? when we have sex, how we have sex, name of baby, where to live etc?

that dude has fallen for the emotional blackmail of mothers.

Most mothers don't have genuine reasons for rejecting their kids partners, they just try to exercise their acclaimed rights(they think they have the rights to choose for their kids). Are orphans not getting married in this world? If your mom doesn't approve your girlfriend, study the girl again and ask your mom the reason behind her words and if the reason can't hold water then go ahead and marry her

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Would You Do If Your Parents Reject The Partner You Love So Much? by Adedaniel211(m): 8:28am On Nov 28, 2019
in Lil Wayne voice: no love lost, no love found.
Re: What Would You Do If Your Parents Reject The Partner You Love So Much? by Kylekent59: 9:28am On Nov 28, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

See grammar

"what has mothers carrying us"

No need arguing with you.
Re: What Would You Do If Your Parents Reject The Partner You Love So Much? by lyndaway(f): 10:58am On Nov 28, 2019
My parent don't have problems with tribe they believe you know what you want and as such you should be responsible for what so ever choice you make everybody has a choice the most important thing is to know what you want
Re: What Would You Do If Your Parents Reject The Partner You Love So Much? by emmysolo2001(f): 11:57am On Nov 28, 2019
Rednaxelot:

I'm sorry to say this but I'm not sure you really love her.cause if you do,you would find a way to convince your parents that she's the one,show them what made you choose her.if the refuse then you try emotional blackmail on them trust me no parent can refuse you
Re: What Would You Do If Your Parents Reject The Partner You Love So Much? by Euphoria19: 12:01pm On Nov 28, 2019
Any parent that refuses to rejoice with and be happy for their child based on flimsy excuses should very well marry the child since that's what they want

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do If Your Parents Reject The Partner You Love So Much? by MrBrownJay1(m): 9:01pm On Nov 29, 2019
derrydinny:
that dude has fallen for the emotional blackmail of mothers.
Most mothers don't have genuine reasons for rejecting their kids partners, they just try to exercise their acclaimed rights(they think they have the rights to choose for their kids). Are orphans not getting married in this world? If your mom doesn't approve your girlfriend, study the girl again and ask your mom the reason behind her words and if the reason can't hold water then go ahead and marry her

you are absolutely right... many would give you flimsy excuses that are irrelevant here, as there can be no valid reason more important than her son having the desire to spend the rest of his life with that woman

(1) (Reply)

Should I Be Worried? / Advice Needed Urgently / Any Lady That Says She Prefer Sex With The Abscence Kissing Is An Ash*wo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.