Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,980 members, 7,835,280 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:03 AM

Adedibu Unleashes Mayhem In Ibadan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adedibu Unleashes Mayhem In Ibadan (1012 Views)

Fulani Herdsmen Cause Mayhem In Ogun State / Nigerian Military Unleashes Full Weaponry Against Boko Haram (pics) / "Progressive" War In Ekiti: APC Unleashes Mayhem On APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adedibu Unleashes Mayhem In Ibadan by feelgood(m): 8:10pm On May 24, 2007
Outgoing Oyo state guv had planned to hold local govt elections in the State 2day. This could not be as thugs loyal to the Ibadan strong man went round to suspected polling stations with guns and machetes within the city to scatter/disrupt same. On my way to a local bus company this afternoon, we ran into the hoodlums brandishing the weapons and terrorising local folks who dared to come out to vote. We had to take shelter in a nearby house for about 20mins b4 we got the all clear. The police were no where in sight all thru the siege.
Not quite long after I finished with the bus company, & on my way down the road, behold another group came from nowhere with weapons chanting anti Ladoja songs; didnt know when my legs did a Ben Johnson for a nearby church where I took shelter. Several minutes later, I Couldnt help but congratulate myself for the speed in my legs at my age- sure would have qualified me for an olympic medal in normal times.
Needless to say, the elections did not hold as gov elect had earlier boasted. Meanwhile the State police command had said they were not aware of any planned elections and wouldnt provide security.
Thank God I will be back to Abuja 2moro. Sure feel sorry for my Ibadan folks if this is what they would have to put up with in the coming years - a stomping of their rights.
Re: Adedibu Unleashes Mayhem In Ibadan by Aneef(m): 9:56am On May 25, 2007
It is highly anticipated and too bad for our leaders for not considering people that will always be at the receiving end of any ill-timed decision they make.Ladoja knows that all odd is against him in conducting this election especially the federal factor and for the sake of the people he would have just let things be.
Re: Adedibu Unleashes Mayhem In Ibadan by Bolarge(m): 12:08pm On May 25, 2007
For how long will criminals hold sway in this land?

@Aneef
Has Ladoja in any way violated the constitution by conducting the LG elections?
Must he always bend over and take it up the a$$ simply because these miscreants wield the tools of thuggery and brigandage?
It's the Ibadan people I blame.They watched with eyes wide open as the vermin called Adedibu grew to the advanced malignancy he is now.
Re: Adedibu Unleashes Mayhem In Ibadan by Larufa(m): 1:45pm On May 25, 2007
The title should be change to Aso Rock Back Mayhem in Ibadan.

LOL, LOoooooooooooooooooL
Re: Adedibu Unleashes Mayhem In Ibadan by olutomiwa(m): 7:47pm On May 25, 2007
Adedibu is a FOOLISH OLD MAN{THUG}.

(1) (Reply)

Whither Yar'adua? / The Agf's Policy Is Working ! / The Decision To Arrest Three Pfizer Workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.