Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,859 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:23 PM

Can Marriage Survive Without Children - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can Marriage Survive Without Children (6128 Views)

Poll: can love take the place of children in marriage

yes: 65% (38 votes)
no: 34% (20 votes)
This poll has ended

Please I Need Your Candid Advise Can A Marriage Survive Without Money? / Can A Relationship|marriage Survive Infidelity? / Can Marriage To A Beautiful Woman Keep A Man From Philandering? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Marriage Survive Without Children by topyblack(m): 6:19pm On May 25, 2007
lobinoxebe:

let us be realistic and don't decieve ourself,

[table]LOve and children are two differnt things in marriage, [/table]

Great talks!

Sure, it must survive in my own case. But let me say something: Why is/are there child/children in average marriage? being in Africa, Europe or anywhere in the world. It is pertinent for the couples to try and avoid such a situation which may spell doom for the wife in the african settings: pressure from extended family. Appropriate measure should be taken to make sure that at least a child is borne.

If any of the couple has problems naturally, then spiritual or natural solution should be applied to keep the marriage running. Who knows maybe an issue will come after 20 years! Sure, It happened in my church (the case of my general overseer!
But I will forever love my baby as long as the kishi is there to run the household.

don't pray for such.
Re: Can Marriage Survive Without Children by Princesege(m): 7:23pm On May 25, 2007
Good topic here fellow bloggers. I appriciate all your comements and opinions
Re: Can Marriage Survive Without Children by Amiga(f): 7:38pm On May 25, 2007
It depends on if the couple have real love between them then the marriage can survive without kids
Re: Can Marriage Survive Without Children by BillGatesFan(m): 9:12pm On May 25, 2007
@Ezinwannem: yeah am in Montreal and you? yes the same believe applies to me if it is my fault, I mean how can I imprison someone just for the sack of Fake love that doesn't exist in the first place? She can got herself a productive man capable of giving her children if I can't.

And if the fault is hers I will get myself a fetile woman to produce and yield my crops.
Re: Can Marriage Survive Without Children by dinnerm(f): 9:35pm On May 25, 2007
yes,but where there's love
Re: Can Marriage Survive Without Children by minute(f): 10:56pm On May 25, 2007
@ topis yes. im opting for adoption first.
might decide to get married prolly when im 40 -45,only a loser wld consider dying a virgin.
Re: Can Marriage Survive Without Children by ThiefOfHearts(f): 11:00pm On May 25, 2007
minute:

@ topis yes. im opting for adoption first.
might decide to get married prolly when im 40 -45,only a loser would consider dying a virgin.

nuns?
Re: Can Marriage Survive Without Children by minute(f): 11:37pm On May 25, 2007
nope.
Re: Can Marriage Survive Without Children by kellorah: 1:06am On May 26, 2007
it can, but i aint risking it cool
Re: Can Marriage Survive Without Children by ThiefOfHearts(f): 2:08am On May 26, 2007
minute:

nope.

just asking if you consider nuns to be "losers"
Re: Can Marriage Survive Without Children by pmdaboh(f): 5:20am On May 26, 2007
That depends on the married couple. If both are in agreement that they do not want children, then their decision is all that matters. However, this should be discussed prior to the wedding. It is possible for both to say they do not want children, and then one of them changes his/her mind. If that happens, then I forsee there will be problems in the marriage.
Re: Can Marriage Survive Without Children by BillGatesFan(m): 6:27am On May 26, 2007
Nuns are not losers,because they are using their strenght to serve GOD, that was what I said in myb first post about this tread,I will better be a Celibate MONK the stay in a marriage without fruitive results which is Children.

You can only be a LOSER when your not 100% dedicated in the service of GOD and yet you have no Child,only then your a loser,because in every Action the is a reaction,if you are born you must die,if you eat you must go to the toilet,if you work work you get paid,same thing goes if you have SEX you must have result of that Sex which is BABY,if you don't then better absence your self from that Act.

God told Adam and Eve to go into the World and multiply, not that they should engage in SEX without multiplying.That is the more reason why our Lord JESUS CHRIST did not marry to show men how best to be more beneficial to the world when your not married, but if you do then get read to produce and multuiply the world.
Re: Can Marriage Survive Without Children by mellow(m): 9:02am On May 26, 2007
It can and it does but I don't even want to think about it.
Re: Can Marriage Survive Without Children by 2dye4(m): 12:46pm On May 26, 2007
@Bill gates Fan:

your theories and proposition on this topic are rather interesting!

u made mention of trees that dnt bear fruit being cut down, bros that phrase in the bible had nothing to do with sex and baby makin, it was more of a spiritual admonition for christains to bear fruits of righteousness.

also equating work for pay as the same as sex for babies is wow! i guess if u still decided to romp with ur wife @ 60, a baby must be on the way!

With respect to God telling Adam and Eve to multiply the earth, that was God's instruction to them at the begining (old testament), Jesus's instruction is for all to be fishers of men, bringing the Gospel to all and sundry (multiplication in the new testament).

trust me, there's more to life than multiplying the world's population. wink
Re: Can Marriage Survive Without Children by BillGatesFan(m): 8:24pm On May 26, 2007
With respect to God telling Adam and Eve to multiply the earth, that was God's instruction to them at the begining (old testament), Jesus's instruction is for all to be fishers of men, bringing the Gospel to all and sundry (multiplication in the new testament)

@2dye4: From the above post you posted I can see that you don't believe that GOD THE SAME YESTERDAY,TODAY AND FOREVER. Let me tell you something today that your churches can't tell you, whatever God told Adam and Eve in the beggining is still effective today and till eternity. Are you telling me here that the Old testament is no LONGER the WORD of GOD?

Jesus said :I do not come to abolish the law but to fulfill them. same teaching,why are you trying to blaspherm the BIBLE?

Yes your right about the multiplication in the new testament,that way why Jesus did not marry, and he told his Disciples, IF YOU LOVE ME FOLLOW MY COMMANDMENT AND EXAMPLES. One of Jesus examples is that he was a 100% CELIBATE, Now how many so called christains today are celibate,?thereby following the footsteps of Jesus?

May I remind you that the WORD CHRISTIAN comes from the WORD CHRIST. Christian means Christ like.Are you one?

I challenge you to prove me wrong.All the same thanks for knowing JUST a bit of the Bible. grin grin grin One love keeps us together.
Re: Can Marriage Survive Without Children by temmyabby(f): 8:46pm On May 26, 2007
Yes it can
Re: Can Marriage Survive Without Children by 2dye4(m): 6:58pm On May 27, 2007
@Billgatesfan:

i was "almost" suprised @ ur post, until i discovered u had successfully managed to sidetrack the topic and put up an epistle of ur vast knowledge of God and his workings!

if u were shedding more lite on your following equation: WORK FOR PAY=SEX FOR BABIES, this post would have been worth it.

also i still stand against your mis-interpretation of "tree not bearing fruits being cut down", bros that had nothing to do with sex!

Anyway, i'll pass on any other theory u have since it's either u manage to twist the little u know or u know too much that u know confuse urself. One love bro wink
Re: Can Marriage Survive Without Children by Ajuwon(m): 10:56am On May 28, 2007
to me it all depends on the mind set of the couples, tradition, relatives and their position, because for example, a king will definitely want to have an issue, not just an issue but a male who will take over his thrown when his dead;so if this can't be achieved he will take another wife continuesly until he gets a male so to this effect, i don't think marriage can survive without children except if the two couples are impotent
Re: Can Marriage Survive Without Children by moondust(m): 12:13pm On May 28, 2007
Marriages without kids can be pretty Sad, cry
but if e 2 hard make una go adopt
Re: Can Marriage Survive Without Children by adconline(m): 12:08am On May 29, 2007
It depends on the premise of that marriage. If both partners agreed that they might not want children. it can survive
Re: Can Marriage Survive Without Children by hotchic1(f): 4:11pm On May 29, 2007
I don't think marriage can survive without children in Nigeria.
Anyway sha,lets leave 1% benefit of doubt.
Re: Can Marriage Survive Without Children by minniepoe(f): 4:42pm On May 29, 2007
Love should be the foundation / basis for getting married. we should marry for love and not for the purpose of having children.

But having children are one of the blessings that come along with marriage. Children are blessings from God.

The lack of children in a marriage should never crumble a marriage. If either of the couple cannot have kids and so much desire the joy of father/motherhood, adoption could be considered as an option.

Besides, does having children in marriage guarantee happiness? NO,
Neither does love guarantee happiness, The love of God in a marriage is what guarantee happiness (a love that suffers all things, bears all things and stands all things) this love brings about peace in our lives
Re: Can Marriage Survive Without Children by choco4life(m): 7:43pm On May 29, 2007
Even if the couple stand each other,
pressure from inlaws would be a major threat.
Re: Can Marriage Survive Without Children by Rottweiler(m): 11:44pm On May 29, 2007
I find it really funny when spinsters and bachelors would be commenting on issues bothering on marriage. Ain't they supposed to be quiet and learn from the experience of the married ones? People shouldn't just post comments because they want to accumulate time on nairaland.
Henceforth nairalanders should indicate their marital status and age before commenting on adult issues. grin
Re: Can Marriage Survive Without Children by Rottweiler(m): 11:48pm On May 29, 2007
Back to the main topic. I can only speak based on my present situation. I love my wife and I am blessed with two kids so therefore, I am not qualified to speak on the issue. Only the couples desperately seeking the fruit of the womb can answer this question appropriately. They say, HE WHO FEELS IT, KNOWS IT.
Re: Can Marriage Survive Without Children by mekaboy(m): 4:29pm On May 30, 2007
Well , as for me. I can adopt children if my wife cant give me, I Love kids no mater who gave birth to them. As a matter of fact most stories i heard about men cheating their spouse, Starts Like this( After i had my first baby or when i was pregnant) . You know preganancy has alot of effect on women and their figure Eight. LOL. KIDS are NOT the Reason for Marriage.
Re: Can Marriage Survive Without Children by dumi(f): 10:12am On Jun 01, 2007
it is by god;s intervention
Re: Can Marriage Survive Without Children by hannydarl(f): 2:14pm On Jun 01, 2007
Marriage can survive without kids only if the parties involed dont mind not having them and growing old with each other without grown up children to keep them company.
Re: Can Marriage Survive Without Children by boladez(m): 6:47am On Jun 05, 2007
Wow!!!! great comments.

My Opinion -

MAN + WOMAN - Interference and societal pressure = HAPPINESS AND BLISS

Life is about what you can make out of it!!!!
Re: Can Marriage Survive Without Children by uchetobi(f): 2:45pm On Jun 05, 2007
yes it can. But it takes two God fearing and matured mind. And it takes God's help. I know two couples in my church who have resorted to adoption. Its always easier to manage if the fault is from the man tho
Re: Can Marriage Survive Without Children by Bobby07(m): 4:16pm On Jun 05, 2007
It depends;
Re: Can Marriage Survive Without Children by montili(f): 4:53pm On Feb 12, 2008
Marriage is a special and holy union of two bonded by love. The greatest and most powerful reason to marriage is love, the need not to spend the rest of your life alone but with someone you love and care for. Marriage is sweeter when you feel that warmth n comfort of your partner (that is loves and care for you as well). Its not just that some married couples do not want kids but think of the other way round where they cannot have them due to natural cause. Do u think God wants all those kids in the motherless babies home to be ignored. NO WAY!!!. To me i see nothing wrong in adoption, in adopting a child you have showed greater love to the one you have (your partner). Wether its your biological child or not, a child is a child and your responsibility whom you can educate as if it was yours. He/She could grow up to be someone you'll be proud of or vice versa depending on the training, so as it is with your own child. So them some love and a chance.

Love Rules!!! cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Friendship With Opposite Sex After Marriage / What My Fiancee Said Is Bothering Me / Christianity Is Anti Modern-feminism And Red Pill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.