Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,733 members, 7,851,520 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:23 PM

Diezani’s Dominican Republic diplomatic passport protecting her from prosecution - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Diezani’s Dominican Republic diplomatic passport protecting her from prosecution (57081 Views)

BREAKING: Tinubu’s Guinean Passport Is “diplomatic Passport”, Embassy Confirms / Nigeria Diplomatic Passport: Why Politicians Don't Release Theirs After Office / APC To Fayose: Joining Our Party Won’t Shield You From Prosecution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diezani’s Dominican Republic diplomatic passport protecting her from prosecution by StrikeBack(m): 12:27pm On Dec 01, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

Ignorant like OP - confusing Dominica with Dominican Republic:

Danilo Medina Sánchez
(born November 10, 1951) is a Dominican politician and the current President of the Dominican Republic, since 2012.

Charles Savarin
The president of Dominica is the head of state under the system implemented by the Constitution of 1978, the year of Dominica's independence. The current president is Charles Savarin, since 2 October 2013.

I was in a haste but...

Thanks for the correction
Re: Diezani’s Dominican Republic diplomatic passport protecting her from prosecution by frankmoney(m): 12:33pm On Dec 01, 2019
I watched it this morning ..
Re: Diezani’s Dominican Republic diplomatic passport protecting her from prosecution by Barondenigeria: 12:34pm On Dec 01, 2019
chibaby1985:

According to the news agency , shortly before Diezani left office , there were already reports that she had allegedly stolen billions of dollars .
Worried that the incoming President Muhammadu Buhari ’ s administration might probe her , the former minister allegedly fled to London and obtained a diplomatic passport from the Prime Minister of Dominican Republic himself .

She obtained a diplomatic passport from the prime minister of the commonwealth of Dominica "Roosevelt Skerrit", not from the prime minister (president) of Dominica. They are two different countries. Punch should get their stories straight na! Copy well!
Re: Diezani’s Dominican Republic diplomatic passport protecting her from prosecution by Wene31: 12:47pm On Dec 01, 2019
God! This woman smart o...

Her face can't tell anything apart from Innocence...
Hmm... Beauty can be deceitful sometimes

As EFCC had plans diezani also had plans... Haha

EFCC be lyk...

Re: Diezani’s Dominican Republic diplomatic passport protecting her from prosecution by Benwems(m): 12:56pm On Dec 01, 2019
BlackfireX:
Leave the woman alone you jobless, propaganda media..... The money she was accused of stealing ,is it your Father's money
Yeah, same thing Yoruba people say about tinubu
Re: Diezani’s Dominican Republic diplomatic passport protecting her from prosecution by Codes151(m): 12:57pm On Dec 01, 2019
Now that’s a smooth criminal
Re: Diezani’s Dominican Republic diplomatic passport protecting her from prosecution by Originalsly: 12:58pm On Dec 01, 2019
Dominica ...small Caribbean island... less than 100 000 people...capital Roseau....language English.

Dominican Republic.... shares a very large island with Haiti.... two countries on one island....more than 10 million people....capital Santo Domingo... language Spanish.

Confused blogger..... it's passport from Dominica.

FYI...nationality.... for both...Dominican.
Re: Diezani’s Dominican Republic diplomatic passport protecting her from prosecution by hollymolly66(m): 1:08pm On Dec 01, 2019
what a man can do a woman can do better
Re: Diezani’s Dominican Republic diplomatic passport protecting her from prosecution by Amoto05(m): 1:08pm On Dec 01, 2019
When are we sending this thief to prison
Re: Diezani’s Dominican Republic diplomatic passport protecting her from prosecution by patani(m): 1:13pm On Dec 01, 2019
BlackfireX:
Leave the woman alone you jobless, propaganda media..... The money she was accused of stealing ,is it your Father's money

Lord have mercy on this slowpoke half baked idiotic individual
Re: Diezani’s Dominican Republic diplomatic passport protecting her from prosecution by ChristineC: 1:15pm On Dec 01, 2019
BlackfireX:

Re: Diezani’s Dominican Republic diplomatic passport protecting her from prosecution by bettadayz: 1:17pm On Dec 01, 2019
This is an eye opener
Re: Diezani’s Dominican Republic diplomatic passport protecting her from prosecution by Jimi24: 1:21pm On Dec 01, 2019
itsme01:
grin

Smart woman, same way her boyfriend Jide is enjoying in Mexico... same way Ambode is now a citizen of france after begging macron to give him such priviledge

Nigerians are fantastically currupt.. now She is a Diplomat and citizen of Dominican Republic with Full Government official rights

She is not smart. Diplomatic lawyers (legal firms) can arrange same for anyone if the price is right
Re: Diezani’s Dominican Republic diplomatic passport protecting her from prosecution by Jimi24: 1:21pm On Dec 01, 2019
Jimi24:

She is not smart. Immigration lawyers (legal firms) can arrange same for anyone if the price is right
Re: Diezani’s Dominican Republic diplomatic passport protecting her from prosecution by drakeli: 1:22pm On Dec 01, 2019
What a man can do, a woman can do way better.
Re: Diezani’s Dominican Republic diplomatic passport protecting her from prosecution by Insectkiller: 1:24pm On Dec 01, 2019
The truth is u can't buy death...

No matter what u have stolen $trillion..

U go die one day...

Diezani will die one day...yes.

What will now be d fate of d $trillion dollars stolen..

Mtchewww cool shocked
Re: Diezani’s Dominican Republic diplomatic passport protecting her from prosecution by drezzyx(m): 1:27pm On Dec 01, 2019
Thieves with brain I hail thee..

Re: Diezani’s Dominican Republic diplomatic passport protecting her from prosecution by itsme01: 1:31pm On Dec 01, 2019
Jimi24:

She is not smart. Diplomatic lawyers (legal firms) can arrange same for anyone if the price is right

Oga say what you know not everyone is a novice here, getting a foriegn passport isnt a joke not to talk of diplomatic blue passports , Diplomatic Lawyers(which isnt even a meaningfull word) or International Lawyers cant and wont arrange such for you as you need the approval of the president on Diplomatic Passports and he can withdraw it at anytime

so if you think she isnt smart then why cant Olisa Metuh, Uzor Kalu, Tafa Balogun, Bode George Alamieghasaha, James Ibori all get diplomatic passports and free themselves from any form of prosecution? i will tell you why its cos they aint smart and dont have the backing of an husband like Rear Admiral Allison Amaechina Madueke, who has connects and contacts almost everywhere as a well trained naval officer

2 Likes

Re: Diezani’s Dominican Republic diplomatic passport protecting her from prosecution by CrazyOptimist: 1:31pm On Dec 01, 2019
I watched this yesterday on Aljazeera....
Omo the presidents of those countries (Dominican republic, Granada, saint Lucia etc) are embodiments of corruption.
Re: Diezani’s Dominican Republic diplomatic passport protecting her from prosecution by Ajibade123(m): 1:32pm On Dec 01, 2019
A female thief
anyway see fact about failures that leads to success https://explicitsuccess.com/celebrating-failure-for-success/
Re: Diezani’s Dominican Republic diplomatic passport protecting her from prosecution by Sontoribababa: 1:36pm On Dec 01, 2019
[s]
itsme01:

Oga say what you know not everyone is a novice here, getting a foriegn passport isnt a joke not to talk of diplomatic blue passports , Diplomatic Lawyers(which isnt even a meaningfull word) or International Lawyers cant and wont arrange such for you as you need the approval of the president on Diplomatic Passports and he can withdraw it at anytime

so if you think she isnt smart then why cant Olisa Metuh, Uzor Kalu, Tafa Balogun, Bode George Alamieghasaha, James Ibori all get diplomatic passports and free themselves from any form of prosecution? i will tell you why its cos they aint smart and dont have the backing of an husband like Rear Admiral Allison Amaechina Madueke, who has connects and contacts almost everywhere as a well trained naval officer
[/s]
Re: Diezani’s Dominican Republic diplomatic passport protecting her from prosecution by erai30(m): 1:41pm On Dec 01, 2019
She is a BEAUTIFUL THIEF grin

Re: Diezani’s Dominican Republic diplomatic passport protecting her from prosecution by Raxxye(m): 1:42pm On Dec 01, 2019
BlackfireX:
Foolish comment!
Re: Diezani’s Dominican Republic diplomatic passport protecting her from prosecution by jimmyLd101: 1:48pm On Dec 01, 2019
StrikeBack:
Heeya! Safe haven countries
Dominican republic Panama Antigua and Barbuda
Steal money and leave for there
Thanks
Re: Diezani’s Dominican Republic diplomatic passport protecting her from prosecution by Yusman316(m): 1:49pm On Dec 01, 2019
Wiseandtrue:
Thanks for the update. We will also like to know what's preventing Tinubu, Babachir Lawal from persecution undecided

Also we will like to know why EFCC did not finish what's in their sokoto before going to Sokoto

Hope you will update us soon, thanks in anticipation of your response grin grin hypocrites
Just an observation. Metuh and Sambo Dasuki cases and many others that where instituted in different courts before Babachir's case, has any of these cases been concluded? That was the reason why the president said the judiciary arm of government is hampering or slowing the fight against corruption
Re: Diezani’s Dominican Republic diplomatic passport protecting her from prosecution by executive12: 1:52pm On Dec 01, 2019
helinues:

BENEFITS OF A DIPLOMATIC PASSPORT

Red carpet treatment and diplomatic lounge use at many airports
No tax liability on several income sources
No counting the days for immigration purposes
Easier visa restrictions
Use of CC or CD or Consul license plates on cars
Access to salon d’honneur government lounges
Prestige internationally
Instant door opener in political or business environments
Meeting top ranking government officials in any country
Sovereign inviolable status of your home and residence
Free visas to any country and visa free travel in many cases
Never pay airport departure tax
Volvo and BMW diplomatic cars at 20-40% discount (max 2 cars per year)
Travel upgrades on airlines and hotels.

Well I didn't watch the program live. So I took your advice and made Google my friend. I watched the very revealing program.
From the information I got, it doesn't look like the diplomatic passport will help Diezani avoid prosecution and jail in Nigeria or the UK. If the Nigerian government is serious, they can still have her extradited to Nigeria and prosecuted. She can also be prosecuted by the UK if she committed crime there. I understand (by watching the program) that with diplomatic passport, you have criminal immunity ONLY in the country to which you are appointed. I don't think the Dominica appointed her Trade Commissioner to Nigeria, or the UK.
In the same program, I learnt about the case of the Iranian businessman Ali Reza Monfared. He was helping Iran to ship crude to China bypassing US sanctions. But he was pocketing some of the proceeds. To avoid prosecution by Iran, he bought the post of Ambassador of Dominica to one of the Asian countries (Malaysia?) where he was based. He did not know that his immunity from arrest was restricted to the country where he was posted. He traveled out and was arrested by Iran. He was convicted and is serving his 20 year sentence right now. There are other examples there, one is a US citizen and internet fraudster. He is also in prison in the US despite being appointed Ambassador by Dominican Prime Minister.
So your EFCC need to provide another reason why Diezani is not in prison right. It has nothing to do with diplomatic passport. It's a big fat lie.
I also urge you to make Google your friend. We all should in order to be better informed.
In any case, it's not like these countries are freely handing out these diplomatic passports indiscriminately. They actually don't want to be seen as corrupt. And they usually revoke the diplomatic status when one is convicted. If the EFCC prosecutes Diezani and convicts her , the Dominica will quickly revoke her appointment.

1 Like

Re: Diezani’s Dominican Republic diplomatic passport protecting her from prosecution by executive12: 1:57pm On Dec 01, 2019
mmsen:

They look for sales girls because those girls use the allure of sex to sell. That isn't just Nigeria, that happens everywhere. It has nothing to do with them being more 'responsible'.

And yes, there is a general rot but it begins in almost every household in the nation. Most of these homes are established by women. Women who choose who they marry, where they live, when they have children and how many. Which brings me to my next batch of questions about these 'responsible' women...

Why is the average Nigerian woman not more responsible with her own body? Why is she having 5 children whilst living in poverty?

Why are Nigerian women not shouting for better health care? Cheap or even free contraceptives? All that money that is wasted on pilgrimages and other nonsense could be used to improve the quality of life for the majority, instead Nigerian women are silent and even play into the foolishness.

And why are they so quick to rush to church and give credence to the destructive habits that take place there?

So you, as a man, does not have responsibility for raising your kids. Only the mother has that responsibility?
People look for sales girls, generally because the girls are more trust worthy.
Re: Diezani’s Dominican Republic diplomatic passport protecting her from prosecution by executive12: 1:59pm On Dec 01, 2019
FunkyAlhaji2015:

The Nigerian president has right to accept or decline any citizenship denouncement.

Are you sure of that? I doubt it.
Re: Diezani’s Dominican Republic diplomatic passport protecting her from prosecution by executive12: 2:02pm On Dec 01, 2019
EkpoTony:
I watched this documentary, I thought of getting myself a passport too.

If you have the money to pay, you can get it. It's legal. You may not get the diplomatic passport but just getting the passport of some of those countries will allow you to travel visa free to many countries of the world.
Re: Diezani’s Dominican Republic diplomatic passport protecting her from prosecution by CanadaOrBust: 2:15pm On Dec 01, 2019
StrikeBack:
I was in a haste but...

Thanks for the correction

U, my friend...

r welcome

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Goodluck & Patience Jonathan Visit The Awolowos (Photos) / Yusha'u Mahmood Abubakar Dies In Accident In Yobe / Soldiers Calm ENDSARS Protesters As They Defy Osun Government Curfew

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.