Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,779 members, 7,831,505 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:54 PM

What Is Wrong With This Very Simple Marriage. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is Wrong With This Very Simple Marriage. (3288 Views)

Nigerian man reacts after seeing photos of a white couple very simple wedding / Hilarious Answer To A Very Simple Dating Question! / It Is Wrong To Ask “how Was Your Night?” – Here’s Why. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Wrong With This Very Simple Marriage. by DonJayrome(m): 3:20pm On Dec 05, 2019
A guy and his wife decided to do a very simple and no long thing kind of wedding. There was no unnecessary bridal trains, no best man or bridesmaid, no flower girls or boys no reception as well.

Immediately the pastor joined them both as husband and wife, they just shared food in takeaway packs for the few church members that attended the wedding and they went their way.

While some people were busy saying all sort of things and saying it did not make any sense, I don't see anything wrong in what they did from my own perspective. I don't think there is any law or any part of the bible that stated a marriage must be a big ceremony.

What is your take about this?

4 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With This Very Simple Marriage. by vincentjk(m): 3:24pm On Dec 05, 2019
Hustle o make you node contemplate whether to use bridesmaid or to share rice give pastor and church members chop
Re: What Is Wrong With This Very Simple Marriage. by Abfinest007(m): 3:28pm On Dec 05, 2019
those complaining are those who want more but have little to offer

5 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With This Very Simple Marriage. by Prettyvita(f): 3:42pm On Dec 05, 2019
My kind of wedding!

10 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With This Very Simple Marriage. by paix(m): 4:49pm On Dec 05, 2019
A time will SURELY come when only the couple and their witnesses will be present at the wedding. That is ABSOLUTELY at their discretion. If there's anyone that will kick against this idea is their cup of tea.

5 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With This Very Simple Marriage. by vickydankal(f): 5:01pm On Dec 05, 2019
If I know what I know now, i won't spend more than 150k for my wedding. My husband wanted a wedding where 2 or 3 are gather so we can honeymoon abroad I said mba, I wanted my friends to know I don't make am.���. But what a huge mistake. To me, it is not about the money spent really. It should be a choice to decide how elaborate or simple your day should be.

8 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With This Very Simple Marriage. by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:06pm On Dec 05, 2019
people should be able to have the type of wedding ceremony that fits their wishes... some people out there would even take heavy loans to have a big fancy ceremony spending millions to feed total strangers who dont give two fukcs about their married life.... what a pity, to each their own misery!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Wrong With This Very Simple Marriage. by BlackfireX: 5:10pm On Dec 05, 2019
Poor people will always say...

I can't use #500,000 phone
Re: What Is Wrong With This Very Simple Marriage. by Bola146(f): 5:11pm On Dec 05, 2019
Prettyvita:
My kind of wedding!
Thank you jare... when people are using money to invest into good businesses

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With This Very Simple Marriage. by zed7: 5:22pm On Dec 05, 2019
My people are gradually having sense. If we all start learning not to impress others, crime will reduce drastically as most would start living according to their means.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Wrong With This Very Simple Marriage. by Prettyvita(f): 6:06pm On Dec 05, 2019
Bola146:

I'm telling you! No wasting of money o
Re: What Is Wrong With This Very Simple Marriage. by Habidab: 6:41pm On Dec 05, 2019
paix:
A time will SURELY come when only the couple and their witnesses will be present at the wedding. That is ABSOLUTELY at their discretion. If there's anyone that will kick against this idea is their cup of tea.
I like this
Re: What Is Wrong With This Very Simple Marriage. by paix(m): 7:08pm On Dec 05, 2019
Habidab:
I like this
Thanks.
Re: What Is Wrong With This Very Simple Marriage. by iTearHerToto: 8:36pm On Dec 05, 2019
MarriageWow that's interesting. Cos after I smash you like thrice you are automatically likened to my home's trash basket, and there's absolutely nothing I haven't tried to erase that particular trait of mine. So lemme just say that lady I'm gonna spend the rest of my life with is the luckiest woman in the world. Or what can I say

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With This Very Simple Marriage. by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:42pm On Dec 05, 2019
zed7:
My people are gradually having sense. If we all start learning not to impress others, crime will reduce drastically as most would start living according to their means.

very true, but that is easier said than done... especially in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With This Very Simple Marriage. by mamajj17(f): 10:12pm On Dec 05, 2019
Expensive Marriages does not garantie HAPPINESS dear. Marry your Friend goes a long way kiss

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With This Very Simple Marriage. by Nobody: 10:21pm On Dec 05, 2019
It is not a question of right or wrong, it's simply about preference.
Wedding is not everyday, I would want to start life officially with the love of my life with a beautiful ceremony. A beautiful ceremony does not mean I intend to spend my life savings, one can still have a small wedding with all the bells and whistles with the friends and family that actually care, not the crowd that will come and eat your food and still criticize your decoration. cheesy
I personally can't treat it casually like just another day. To each his own, do what works for you.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With This Very Simple Marriage. by movingclouds(m): 10:37pm On Dec 05, 2019
Bola146:

Ain't you guys ladies? Wow, I always thought all women want it big... You just proved me wrong
Re: What Is Wrong With This Very Simple Marriage. by Fountainofyouth(f): 11:42pm On Dec 05, 2019
mamajj17:
Expensive Marriages does not garantie HAPPINESS dear. Marry your Friend goes a long way kiss

Cheap wedding doesn't also "guarantee" HAPPINESS dear, it is also true that marrying your friend goes a long way.

3 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With This Very Simple Marriage. by Fountainofyouth(f): 11:44pm On Dec 05, 2019
Preference people, you cannot force what you prefer on others, there will always be rich, elaborate wedding for those that can afford it.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With This Very Simple Marriage. by Reallywant: 11:47pm On Dec 05, 2019
I like it
Re: What Is Wrong With This Very Simple Marriage. by Nobody: 11:50pm On Dec 05, 2019
Prettyvita:
My kind of wedding!
so u dont want to pepper dem gang cheesy
Re: What Is Wrong With This Very Simple Marriage. by OgaBuhari: 1:06am On Dec 06, 2019
[s]
Fountainofyouth:
Preference people, you cannot force what you prefer on others, there will always be rich, elaborate wedding for those that can afford it.
[/s]
Re: What Is Wrong With This Very Simple Marriage. by OgaBuhari: 1:06am On Dec 06, 2019
[s]
Fountainofyouth:

Cheap wedding doesn't also "guarantee" HAPPINESS dear, it is also true that marrying your friend goes a long way.
[/s]
Re: What Is Wrong With This Very Simple Marriage. by Nobody: 1:08am On Dec 06, 2019
Money is missing
Re: What Is Wrong With This Very Simple Marriage. by ultimate77(m): 1:11am On Dec 06, 2019
It's been on my status. I don't like noise at all.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With This Very Simple Marriage. by Nobody: 2:24am On Dec 06, 2019
Prettyvita:
My kind of wedding!

Seconded!

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With This Very Simple Marriage. by Nobody: 3:26am On Dec 06, 2019
Prettyvita:
My kind of wedding!
then let do it together, i like it too
Re: What Is Wrong With This Very Simple Marriage. by lonelydora: 5:14am On Dec 06, 2019
If you like take bank loan and do your wedding.

People just came for the jollof rice and drinks.
Re: What Is Wrong With This Very Simple Marriage. by kingxsamz(m): 5:46am On Dec 06, 2019
vincentjk:
Hustle o make you node contemplate whether to use bridesmaid or to share rice give pastor and church members chop

Dumb statement.
It's a thing of choice.
Re: What Is Wrong With This Very Simple Marriage. by ustanejnr(m): 5:56am On Dec 06, 2019
But at least have seen millionaires who don't use #500,000 phone. And friends who earn over #500,000 too, except the once in IT. Only young people who don't have legit source of income spent so much on irrelevant stuff to show off. EFCC will soon come knocking on your door.
BlackfireX:
Poor people will always say...

I can't use #500,000 phone
Re: What Is Wrong With This Very Simple Marriage. by Prettyvita(f): 6:54am On Dec 06, 2019
lefulefu:
so u dont want to pepper dem gang cheesy

There are different ways to pepper Dem.
Do a very small wedding, then ball out with a new top notch ride. I swear d pepper go blind dem.
Just to let them know the money is there but not to feed them for nothing.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Last-long In Bed Association (LIBA) — See What It Entails [Picture] / Between Apostle Suleman And Pastor Fatoyinbo, Who Loves Fvck More / Lady Contemplates Moving Back To Nigeria As She Laments Lack Of "Fine Girl Privi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.