Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,690 members, 7,809,607 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:56 AM

Fraud Detected In Call To Bar Final Examination - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fraud Detected In Call To Bar Final Examination (5696 Views)

Andy Uba's Daughter Called To Bar (Photo) / Fashola’s Son, Demola, Called To Bar In Abuja (photos) / Abubakar Sani Bello, The Richest Governor-Elect In Nigeria Detected (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fraud Detected In Call To Bar Final Examination by ALMUSTAQIM(m): 11:21am On Nov 25, 2010
FRAUD DETECTED IN CALL TO BAR FINAL EXAMINATION

Following a report of leakages in the Nigerian Law School 's Bar final examinations conducted in August 2010, the Body of Benchers has suspended the screening of successful candidates in the examinations.

The screening, which is a pre-requisite for call to bar of successful candidates of the Nigerian Law School , was scheduled for next week.

At a meeting presided over by Justice Dahiru Musdapher of the Supreme Court who is also the Chairman of the Body of Benchers, it was resolved that the allegations of leakage should be investigated to determine whether to cancel the examinations and order a retake or allow the results of the examinations to stand.

The body will again meet on Monday, November 29th, 2010.

Some students had written an anonymous letter to the Body of Benchers, the body statutorily empowered to call successful candidates from the Nigerian Law School to bar, stating that, "all the question papers for the examination were leaked to students who could afford to pay the price fixed by some staff of the law school who were involved in the examination processes."

The students said the price paid for each paper ranged between N500,000 to N1 million.

According to them, the leakage was effected through the internet and also by distributing hard copies of the question papers to the students that were wealthy enough to pay the prices.

The Anti-Corruption Unit (ACU) of the Nigerian Law School has already confirmed the leakage.

In a report of its investigation submitted to the Body of Benchers, a copy of which was obtained by THISDAY, the ACU alleged that the papers leaked through one Mr. Bello Bala, the Personal Assistant to the Director-General of the law school, Dr. Tahir Mamman.

A member of the Body of Benchers, who confided in THISDAY, said the body was worried that the integrity of the Nigerian Law School would take a dive once the leakages become public knowledge.

The report also alleged a cover-up on the part of the DG who after he was confronted with the evidence of the leakage wrote to the Body of Benchers denying any such leakages.

http://www.thisdayonline.info/nview.php?id=188516
Re: Fraud Detected In Call To Bar Final Examination by oweniwe(m): 12:37pm On Nov 25, 2010
This is nigeria. Anything is possible
Re: Fraud Detected In Call To Bar Final Examination by puskin: 12:48pm On Nov 25, 2010
. . . . .mMm??. . . .This is no news. . . I wonder why dis is just becoming public knowledge.

All kinds of cheating exist everywhere in Nigeria and this is just a sub of it.
Re: Fraud Detected In Call To Bar Final Examination by lonelypal(m): 1:00pm On Nov 25, 2010
Its never a crime until you are a caught, am glad d B.O.B is takin these issue with keen interest ds time around. During my days in law sch, one feels bitter when you crack your brain alongside sleepless nites, the rich gets away with leaked question papers.
Re: Fraud Detected In Call To Bar Final Examination by slap1(m): 1:03pm On Nov 25, 2010
The standard of the Law School has always been high. God help us.
Re: Fraud Detected In Call To Bar Final Examination by blacksta(m): 1:10pm On Nov 25, 2010
I am not suprised - from an institute that is suppose to help fight injustice , corruption and many other evil vices. One can clearly see that is foundation is really faulty - It will be total madness to expect anything good come out of the country from head to toe everything is rotten.
Re: Fraud Detected In Call To Bar Final Examination by edoyad(m): 1:16pm On Nov 25, 2010
Its never a crime until you are a caught, am  glad d B.O.B is takin these issue with keen  interest ds time around. During my days in  law sch, one feels bitter when you crack your  brain alongside sleepless nites, the rich gets  away with leaked question papers.
You mean this rubbish has been going on for a while now ?
Re: Fraud Detected In Call To Bar Final Examination by blacksta(m): 1:18pm On Nov 25, 2010
no wonder the country is full of half baked lawyers - senate and reps house is full of crooks called lawyer this and that.
Re: Fraud Detected In Call To Bar Final Examination by Zaynee63: 1:42pm On Nov 25, 2010
Ope o, tongue thank God it is now coming into the public glare. I went through the law school a few years back and the same kind of thing happened. Good gracious the B. O. B is now stepping up to their responsibility. smiley
Re: Fraud Detected In Call To Bar Final Examination by mrofficial(m): 1:51pm On Nov 25, 2010
Yes! In Nigeria, not in our Naija.
Re: Fraud Detected In Call To Bar Final Examination by Nobody: 2:23pm On Nov 25, 2010
lonelypal:

Its never a crime until you are a caught, am glad d B.O.B is takin these issue with keen interest ds time around. During my days in law sch, one feels bitter when you crack your brain alongside sleepless nites, the rich gets away with leaked question papers.

when you hear them speak and notice how they behave u will know they have been caught long ago.
Re: Fraud Detected In Call To Bar Final Examination by Nobody: 2:24pm On Nov 25, 2010
So disgusting you see fake lawyers bowing to a fake woman answering her SIR.
Re: Fraud Detected In Call To Bar Final Examination by cliveland: 3:05pm On Nov 25, 2010
its so painful, when some students and families who toiled day and night learn that supposed "special people" have seen and have answers to the same exam papers that the rest awaiting and trembled for in exam halls.

i just pray they will not cancel the entire exam but identity the culprits, cause the entire students some whose parents borrowed money to see them through their stay to come back again will demoralize them, they know those who can afford N500, 000 - 1m.

i can't but imagine that i sat next to some1 who seen the exam papers that i could not eat, sleep 4. just that those days we could not actually confirm but heard rumours.
Re: Fraud Detected In Call To Bar Final Examination by lee007(m): 3:12pm On Nov 25, 2010
I am so happy that this is Finally detected!

The same year I wrote mine, a close friend who used to take some 'powerful students' tutorials complained that all the questions they were telling him to solve on the morning of the exams all came out during the exams, this is equally soo painful because the standered of the Nigerian Law School has always been high, why will this Rich people Never allow things to just take its usual and natural course, 500K-1M ill rather read my brain out!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Fraud Detected In Call To Bar Final Examination by hardbody: 3:24pm On Nov 25, 2010
I do not know about what happened after we left that 'sacred citadel' at Ozumba Mbadiwe called the Nigerian Law School, but in my time, it was anathema to hear that there was such a thing as leakage. No, not with the likes of Ibironke, OO, Kofo Abayomi and Adubi. It is sad to learn that this institution is now this degraded. I feel like trading in my wig and gown and taking up to farming my father's land in the villa.

And for those who sound like it jas always been a norm, i disagree. I guess this is of a very recent entry and i am fairly certain that it will be arrested. We are too honourable a people to let our profession be dragged on the mud.
Re: Fraud Detected In Call To Bar Final Examination by hedoyad(m): 3:50pm On Nov 25, 2010
A society where corruption pervades in the polity would find it real hard to prevent it's spread. We've always talked about how the judiciary was different from the legislature and executive, but how long will that last ?
Re: Fraud Detected In Call To Bar Final Examination by Princek12(m): 3:55pm On Nov 25, 2010
blacksta:

no wonder the country is full of half baked lawyers - senate and reps house is full of crooks called lawyer this and that.

how does your comment relate to the topic?
Re: Fraud Detected In Call To Bar Final Examination by zionic(m): 4:04pm On Nov 25, 2010
Guilty or not guilty?, tongue
Re: Fraud Detected In Call To Bar Final Examination by holydante(m): 4:12pm On Nov 25, 2010
wow, virtually all facets of the Nigerian society is bedevilled by this ill, imagine being operated in a hospital by a doctor who cheated his way to graduation grin omashe ooooooo
Re: Fraud Detected In Call To Bar Final Examination by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:24pm On Nov 25, 2010
i am not inclined to believe the story. nonetheless, if it indeed happened, its a very new development!

all the talk about when i was there blabla is just sour grapes, what grade did u get, "mr in my days?" if u did not get what you expected to your mind, and other people passed, does that mean that they cheated?

anyway, clearly one thing is certain, the so-called malpractice definitely does not extend to the exam room, that ANYONE WHO WENT THROUGH LAWSCHOOL CAN TESTIFY TO!

so whoever was "smart" enough to get the questions must be smart enough to know the answers and regurgitate them competently in the exam room! now the chances of that you must agree with me are very very slim! abi u think a dunce with money will suddenly develop enough brain power to remember the answers to bar final exams?
u need to write that exam to know what its like.

its like giving a doc MBBS expo, if he knew little b4, u aint helping him nada!

besides, if you are in doubt, just take a look at the grades for bar final every year and tell me if that looks like grades for an exam where people cheat and pass.
or you think that a mumu can get second class in bar final? grin grin grin grin that second class is in short supply how much more distinction
Re: Fraud Detected In Call To Bar Final Examination by Missy85(f): 5:01pm On Nov 25, 2010
Someone please - who is the current Director General of the LAGOS Law School?

Thanks
Re: Fraud Detected In Call To Bar Final Examination by Guyman02: 5:14pm On Nov 25, 2010
Multiplication of Charge and Bail Lawyers. No wonder we sometimes shiver at the kind of judgements being delivered this days. Lawyers called to bar through exam malpractice? While many are burning candles to pass others walk through leaked papers. I weep for the legal profession loosing its esteem among the unlearned citizenry cry cry cry
Re: Fraud Detected In Call To Bar Final Examination by Boboribo: 5:17pm On Nov 25, 2010
@Missy85 - Sheik Maman Tahir
Re: Fraud Detected In Call To Bar Final Examination by Missy85(f): 5:53pm On Nov 25, 2010
great, thanks
Re: Fraud Detected In Call To Bar Final Examination by Mbeki: 7:30pm On Nov 25, 2010
The hidden truth has finally come out. I remembered the late Gani accusing a fellow lawyer of cheating in law school.
Learned Colleague my a.s.s, when they come out now they'll start looking for crooked politicians they'll defend their rigged mandate for.
Very soon in Nigeria with these crops of lawyer, justice will be a thing of the past.
Re: Fraud Detected In Call To Bar Final Examination by seyibrown(f): 8:48pm On Nov 25, 2010
Not surprised at all! That bloke called corruption has penetrated deep into every nook and cranny of Nigeria! No exemptions!
Re: Fraud Detected In Call To Bar Final Examination by gerona: 8:58pm On Nov 25, 2010
Why do they want to destroy our great citadel of learning, the NLS . Tahir Mammir, the present DG of law school has questions to answer.
Re: Fraud Detected In Call To Bar Final Examination by chukwudi06(m): 9:45pm On Nov 25, 2010
the so called learned men cheats till death do them part.
even before their lords in the court, they come with their text book to peep in the name of citing.
they are all cheats
you can not see any doctor in theatre with any text book or an engineer analysing any problem in the site with engineering text book, so is stale news to tell us about cheating in law school. what about the once that talk place in our law courts.
i rest my case,
Re: Fraud Detected In Call To Bar Final Examination by Mbeki: 10:11pm On Nov 25, 2010
Objection my Loooord. We don't cheat, but we study our school law books and other textbooks before going to defend any case, we have more books more than any other discipline, we read and read and read but never retain anything in our memory.

WE ARE THE MOST LEARNED PROFESSIONALS
Re: Fraud Detected In Call To Bar Final Examination by switch47(m): 10:42pm On Nov 25, 2010
As a lawyer my self i have a first hand knowlege of how the NLS Exams works, the standard has always been high, it takes one officer to get induced though but the fact that the examination body is seriously investigating the matter shows the bar exams is still of a high standard !!
Re: Fraud Detected In Call To Bar Final Examination by lioncoolst(m): 11:13pm On Nov 25, 2010
Someone please - who is the current Director General of the LAGOS Law School?

There is only one DG of the Law skul and He is in Abj. His name is Tahir Mamman.
the one in Lagos is the DDG - Deputy Director Gen. and his name is Mr. Lanre Onadeko.
Cheers
Re: Fraud Detected In Call To Bar Final Examination by CHIMCO(m): 5:31am On Nov 26, 2010
The standard is still HIGH. Belive me after the investigation the said personal assistant to DG if found guilty Will be dismiss. I ve pass through the system & i know how regid they re. No Nigerian factor.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Observation: APC Has Paid Agents On Nairaland! / Apostle Suleman’s 2015 Prophecies: General Election Is Another June 12 / Shehu Shagari Speaks Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.