Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,902 members, 7,852,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 11:51 AM

Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group - Politics (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group (43972 Views)

Gov Fubara Receives Wike's Royal Father, Eze Oha Apara Kingdom On Solidarity Vis / Wike, Sanwoolu And Makinde Conferred With Honorary Doctorate Degrees (Photos) / Chisom Promise Dike Rejects Wike’s SUV Gift, Asks Governor To Repair Roads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by liberalchick(f): 9:50pm On Dec 09, 2019
niaralandtopuser:
do you know anything about Ebonyi and Abia being fake Igbo. that was the first time I heard something like. I have Anambra and Imo guys as friends but non of them ever said anything about Ebonyi and Abia being fake Igbo
lol very weird. I had absolutely never heard of it before until I opened this thread. I had to google “Ebonyi” but I couldn’t get any info online, maybe someone will do us the honors lol. Definitely not Abia, Abia was carved out of Imo and from what I heard Imo is what the ‘central/mainstream’ Igbo culture is based on. I think you meant Enugu.
Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Nowenuse: 9:50pm On Dec 09, 2019
niaralandtopuser:
I am beginning to think the Isoko are now the majority in ndokwa East. the Isoko now own land and even oil in ndokwa East

Stop trolling !
Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Nowenuse: 9:51pm On Dec 09, 2019
liberalchick:

lol very weird. I had absolutely never heard of it before until I opened this thread. I had to google “Ebonyi” but I couldn’t get any info online, maybe someone will do us the honors lol. Definitely not Abia, Abia was carved out of Imo and from what I heard Imo is what the ‘central/mainstream’ Igbo culture is based on. I think you meant Enugu.

Thatguy nairalandtopuser is a big troll. Don't waste your time on him.
Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Nobody: 10:10pm On Dec 09, 2019
liberalchick:

I don't think it is enugu. the girl was from Ebonyi and I asked what is wrong with Anambra guys marrying from Ebonyi. the guy brother told me ebonyi and Abia are not real Igbo's
Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Nobody: 10:13pm On Dec 09, 2019
Nowenuse:

Stop trolling !
I don't troll. just a recent observation. ushe, Akari, Umuti, Umuolu , Ashaka, ibrede are examples of Ndokwa community now populated by the Isoko. I forgot to even add Aboh
Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Nobody: 10:16pm On Dec 09, 2019
Nowenuse:

I think you are just a troll.

Anioma is divided into Enuani, Ndokwa (Ukwuani & Ndosimili) and Ika.

Ukwuani is basically the same thing as Ndokwa.

You are neither an Anioma nor are you familiar with them at all. You are just a troll and it is very shameful.
please Ndokwa is not same thing as ukwuani . not all ukwuani town are under the two Ndokwa LGA

1 Like

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Igboid: 10:23pm On Dec 09, 2019
Nowenuse:

Niger republic is 40% Hausa. If it was 55% Hausa, they would have been dominating the country, however the Zarmas dominate the politics of the country.

Mind you, even groups who are not Hausa in Nigeria only speak Hausa as a 2nd language too.

I wouldn't say the Fulanis purposely adopted Hausa as the language of the caliphate. It happened naturally, same way the Mughal conquerors of India lost their languages to the language of the conquered majority. Same thinf in Persia.
If the conquerors of a people meet a larger population of natives who are well organized, most times it is the conquerors who lose their language and become culturally absorbed.

Fulfude was and to a smaller extent is still the lingua franca in certain areas of Adamawa, Gombe, Taraba and Northern Cameroon where fulanis conquered minority groups (who were smaller in size and less organized unlike the Hausa).
There are many Adamawa and to a lesser extent Gombe & Taraba people from different tribes who have adopted fulfude as their mother tongue and others who speak it as a 2nd language while Hausa as a 3rd language....

So you are wrong wink

According to Wikipedia Hausa consists of 55% of Niger republic.
There is no rule that the most populated group dominates a country. Fulani are a minority that rules the Hausas. It's more of organization and colonial forces at play.

Oh, the Fulani purposely adopted Hausa as language of the caliphate. It was the easiest thing to do since the majority of the people were already Hausa speaking. It was easier than just starting to teach everyone Fulfude from scratch.

A minority group conquering a more populated group for sake of administrative convenience always have to adopt the language of the dominant population on ground.

Nope. Hausa and not Fulfude is still the lingua franca of Adamawa, Gombe and Taraba.
The few minority groups especially those in Adamawa who has lost their mother tongue to Fulfude are mostly Islamic dominated tribes who are under the Fulani emirs, so there is a colonial influence at play more than you think. Christian dominated minority groups like Kilba, Marigi, etc retained their mother tongue.
So you are wrong and not me.
Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Nobody: 10:25pm On Dec 09, 2019
niaralandtopuser:
do you know anything about Ebonyi and Abia being fake Igbo. that was the first time I heard something like. I have Anambra and Imo guys as friends but non of them ever said anything about Ebonyi and Abia being fake Igbo

Displaying full characteristics of a Yoruba man?

Alas FFK your brother was right about same character that gave rise to the name Yari::ba....

God forbid.

2 Likes

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Nobody: 10:28pm On Dec 09, 2019
niaralandtopuser:
lol. what is wrong with the Igbo's that everyone don't want to be part of them. personally I see them as too greedy and selfish. they don't also love themselves. there is this Anambra family that use to stay in Asaba back then. they rejected their son attempt to marry a girl from Ebonyi. I asked why and one of them told me ebonyi and Abia are not real Igbo's. this people don't have love among the 5 southeast state but they want to drag other states to their self

Fabricator and this one liberalchick is on the lose answering you.

Something is really wrong with you guys.

If femi fani kayode can liberate himself, you still have grace to do so.

The character typical of name give to you guys by fulani...tells on you
Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Nobody: 10:32pm On Dec 09, 2019
Osagyefo98:

Displaying full characteristics of a Yoruba man?

Alas FFK your brother was right about same character that gave rise to the name Yari::ba....

God forbid.
I am done with you since yesterday.i know you see everyone who says what you don't like as Yoruba
Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Nobody: 10:41pm On Dec 09, 2019
niaralandtopuser:
I am done with you since yesterday.i know you see everyone who says what you don't like as Yoruba

You created awareness with falsehood and captured attention

Your lies needs to be deflated.

Making up stories and tagging it to states is an outright nonsense.

Is the mud house or the bungalow hole you typing from better than any of these states.

Moreover a single family can feed your generations and future ones and still keep remnants for 10th generations

Ozu.

1 Like

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Nobody: 10:43pm On Dec 09, 2019
niaralandtopuser:
I don't troll. just a recent observation. ushe, Akari, Umuti, Umuolu , Ashaka, ibrede are examples of Ndokwa community now populated by the Isoko. I forgot to even add Aboh

You need grace not salvation.
Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Nobody: 10:46pm On Dec 09, 2019
Osagyefo98:

You created awareness with falsehood and captured attention

Your lies needs to be deflated.

Making up stories and tagging it to states is an outright nonsense.

Is the mud house or the bungalow hole you typing from better than any of these states.

Moreover a single family can feed your generations and future ones and still keep remnants for 10th generations

Ozu.
relax. I know you insult your parents at home but please try to know there are rich and poor people in all tribe. riches are for individuals not tribe
Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Nobody: 10:54pm On Dec 09, 2019
niaralandtopuser:
relax. I know you insult your parents at home but please try to know there are rich and poor people in all tribe. riches are for individuals not tribe

Crawl back to your hole..

On a single night you have fabricated loads of stories as shameful as where u coming from.

The stories you constructing resembles you and upbringing of your people....No truth is far from that.

This exactly shows how you guys are been brought....breed and trained on falsehood, fabrications and it goes from generations.

May God liberate you and your people.

1 Like

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by kendological(m): 11:17pm On Dec 09, 2019
niaralandtopuser:
lol. what is wrong with the Igbo's that everyone don't want to be part of them. personally I see them as too greedy and selfish. they don't also love themselves. there is this Anambra family that use to stay in Asaba back then. they rejected their son attempt to marry a girl from Ebonyi. I asked why and one of them told me ebonyi and Abia are not real Igbo's. this people don't have love among the 5 southeast state but they want to drag other states to their self
Cheap liar.

1 Like

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Nowenuse: 12:41am On Dec 10, 2019
Igboid:

According to Wikipedia Hausa consists of 55% of Niger republic.
There is no rule that the most populated group dominates a country. Fulani are a minority that rules the Hausas. It's more of organization and colonial forces at play.

Oh, the Fulani purposely adopted Hausa as language of the caliphate. It was the easiest thing to do since the majority of the people were already Hausa speaking. It was easier than just starting to teach everyone Fulfude from scratch.

A minority group conquering a more populated group for sake of administrative convenience always have to adopt the language of the dominant population on ground.

Nope. Hausa and not Fulfude is still the lingua franca of Adamawa, Gombe and Taraba.
The few minority groups especially those in Adamawa who has lost their mother tongue to Fulfude are mostly Islamic dominated tribes who are under the Fulani emirs, so there is a colonial influence at play more than you think. Christian dominated minority groups like Kilba, Marigi, etc retained their mother tongue.
So you are wrong and not me.

Bro, I don't think you should be engaging this kind of argument with me, especially as a southerner. I don't mean to brag but ask about me on nairaland, I am a walking encyclopedia when it comes to Nigerian peoples, histories, Immigration e.t.c (especially that of Northern/middlebelt Nigeria where I focus on because I am a leader of a Middlebelt/Northern minority movement and have been so for almost a decade).

Although I commend your efforts/knowledge about Adamawa since you even know about Kilba & Marghi (not Marigi grin) and the fact that they are predominantly christian. The average southerner cannot know this. So, have you lived in this area before if I may ask??

Just to let you know, if you want to talk about christian majority groups in Adamawa who are very much anti-fulani and have been fiercely resistant to fulani influence since precolonial and colonial times, then you should mention the Bachamas, Longudas and better still Higgi (Kamwes).

Kilbas & Marghis of Adamawa are 30% muslim and most of their muslims are pro-fulani as is common with muslims in that area.
The current governor is a Marghi muslim.

Bachamas, Longudas & Kamwes on the other hand are like 100% christian. It is like an abomination to be a muslim and be from these tribes. These tribes have never been under fulani and reject being under Yola or a fulani emirate unlike Kilbas & Marghis who are still under the direct rulership of the caliphate.

Now, to address your points, I will tell you that the extent of influence of fulani language on an ethnic group in Adamawa & Gombe/Taraba is based on proximity to the fulanis and the size of your ethnic group.... It's not necessarily based on conquest or Islam.

Kilbas & Marghis are very large ethnic groups who are not direct neighbours to Fulanis. So the chances of them speaking Fulani is rare. Except most of their muslims of course who are fulani loving.

Mind you, no ethnic group in Adamawa have completely lost their native language to fulani. They only mostly speak it as a 2nd or 3rd language.

Most Batta people were not conquered by fulanis (heck they even have their own 1st class traditional ruler which Kilbas & Marghis are still dreaming of). Battas are 70% christian just like the Kilbas & Marghis, yet most of them speak Fulani language fluently and even answer Fulani names (both the christians & muslims)!

The Nzanyi & Gude-Fali people of Maiha/Mubi are a 50/50 or let's say 60% christian, yet most of them understand Fulani language. Same with the Yungurrs who are 70% christian and many Chambas & Yandangs.

All these tribes are direct neighbours of Fulanis.
These tribes are larger tribes, I am not even mentioning smaller tribes.

I have not even talked about the Verre people (although these ones were clearly conquered by fulanis).

In Taraba, most Mambilla & Mbamga people speak fulani fluently and guess what? Mambilla people have slaughtered Fulanis more than any ethnic group in Nigeria grin This year alone they killed almost 1000 fulanis in Sardauna to the extent that the Sultan of Sokoto was threatening fire & brimstone. Do these Mambilla people seem like a conquered people to you?

In Mubi today, Fulani is as much of a lingua franca as Hausa is. Same thing in Sardauna area of Taraba.

So my brother I know what I am saying.

Are you aware that the fulanis who conquered and took over Ilorin & Nupe land were all Yorubanized & Nupenized?
Why did Hausa language not penetrate Ilorin & Nupe land since according to you Hausa was the lingua franca of the fulani caliphate?

Recently I was reading a colonial document on the north and the number of Hausas & fulanis that were counted in Ilorin as at the 1920s was shocking. Today they have all been yorubanized.

Fulanis just could not enforce their language on hausas, no matter how hard they tried. Hausa numbers was just too much for them... Same with the Yorubas and even Nupes!

Meanwhile Gbagyis who have the same, if not even larger population than the Nupes, yet they could not ethnically absorb the huge Hausa-fulani settling population in their areas... Infact, some of the Gbagyis were even Hausanized!

So, apart from Numbers, some ethnic groups just love and promote their languages more than others. Some have a stronger ethnic consciousness, pride and centralization than others.

This was the same reason why Arabs could arabize Iraq, the Levant, Egypt and much of the Maghreb and Sudan, yet they failed in Iran, India & East Africa and instead were absorbed in the process!

Lastly, there is no way Niger republic can be 55% Hausa.... Kai, it would be impossible.
I checked wikipedia and it says there are approx 11 million Hausas in Niger rep among approx 22 million people.... That's around 50%... However, I don't accept this cos the same Wikipedia claims that there are 61 million Hausas in Nigeria which is very very false and impossible..
Even if we add all the Hausanized fulanis and Bauchi tribes to the Hausa population, they are not up to 50 million, let alone 60 million.

3 Likes

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Igboid: 1:16am On Dec 10, 2019

2 Likes

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by liberalchick(f): 3:05pm On Dec 10, 2019
niaralandtopuser:
I don't think it is enugu. the girl was from Ebonyi and I asked what is wrong with Anambra guys marrying from Ebonyi. the guy brother told me ebonyi and Abia are not real Igbo's
Oh ok lol, I never heard about it until I got on this thread.
Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Kfed4ril(m): 9:42pm On Dec 10, 2019
imiski:
Na by force we say we no wan be Ibo why can't you people just let us be. It's annoying.

You don’t understand.
You said you’re not Igbo, no problem I don’t give a flying fück.
The only place I have problem is denying Igbo but you’re still speaking and remixing the language.

If you deny Igbo then deny it in its entirety.
Form your own language devoid of Igbo and speak. Simple.

2 Likes

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Abagworo(m): 10:55pm On Dec 10, 2019
niaralandtopuser:
please Ndokwa is not same thing as ukwuani . not all ukwuani town are under the two Ndokwa LGA

"Ndi Oshimini" and "Ukwu ani". "Ndi Oshimini" was used by Ukwuani as a term for Aboh and Ndoni few years ago. Merger of the 2 terms yielded Ndokwa. Delta Igbo is Igbo that assimilated Bini, Urhobo, Isoko, Ijaw, Esan and Igala. The most important thing is that the core origin and language is Igbo. Even those that migrated from Bini were mostly Igbos with few Bini except in rare cases where during Benin empire expansion the Oba used his son or sibling as the ruler of an Igbo town under his empire. Such instances really did exist but Igbos fought back and regained most of the kingship.

4 Likes

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by kmariko: 3:51am On Dec 11, 2019
Nowenuse

Thanks for the lecture... I learned a lot about the ethnic groups from adamawa, Taraba and Yola... It's one place still can't figure out...

THANK YOU..

1 Like

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by bigfrancis21: 6:00am On Dec 11, 2019
Abagworo:

"Ndi Oshimini" and "Ukwu ani". "Ndi Oshimini" was used by Ukwuani as a term for Aboh and Ndoni few years ago. Merger of the 2 terms yielded Ndokwa. Delta Igbo is Igbo that assimilated Bini, Urhobo, Isoko, Ijaw, Esan and Igala. The most important thing is that the core origin and language is Igbo. Even those that migrated from Bini were mostly Igbos with few Bini except in rare cases where during Benin empire expansion the Oba used his son or sibling as the ruler of an Igbo town under his empire. Such instances really did exist but Igbos fought back and regained most of the kingship.

It’s so rare why the history of delta Igbo is hardly seen this way. The survival and dominance of the Igbo language is evidence of who the true owners or the aboriginals of the land are, especially given that the Igbo built no dominating or conquering empires like the British or Romans or even the Binis where they lorded themselves over the conquered and imposed a mandatory learning of the language. It’s only in Igbo history where you’ll hear arguments like, Igalas of about 2 to 5 percent arrived and settled amongst an overwhelmingly Igbo speaking group and they got assimilated a generation or two later but the village is Igala not Igbo because of the Igala surnames of one or two Igala-descended families or a few borrowed words. On the other hand Isoko villages of Igbo ancestry are today not Igbo because they don’t speak Igbo or answer Igbo names but Igbo speaking tribes in Delta are not Igbo because about 5 to 10% of them had ancestors who arrived from Bini and were given lands to settle within an Igbo speaking majority and therefore are Bini not Igbo. I’ve read so many crazy theories on this forum that I just gave up on replying most of them.

8 Likes

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by kendological(m): 11:20am On Dec 11, 2019
Kfed4ril:

You don’t understand.
You said you’re not Igbo, no problem I don’t give a flying fück.
The only place I have problem is denying Igbo but you’re still speaking and remixing the language.

If you deny Igbo then deny it in its entirety.
Form your own language devoid of Igbo and speak. Simple.
True, we have non-Igbo neighbours and even in Suoth East, we are cool with them. We share a lot of culture with the Ibibios/Efiks, Igala Idoma. No one asks about their ethnicity. in this case of so called Ikwerre, they don't have any idegenous language other than Igbo, no matter how they try to mispell Igbo words, they even speak Igbo than most Igbos. Evidence of an Ikwerre indegenous language or they should just adopt Bini language, but must at least admit their Benin origin not to start adulterating Benin language.

2 Likes

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by superlightning: 1:07pm On Dec 11, 2019
kayfra:

That was not in existence prior to the colonials. Face facts. You were still largely naked even in the beginning of the 20th century

Anything about Igbo hurts you ....envious thing
Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by superlightning: 1:15pm On Dec 11, 2019
niaralandtopuser:

They not marrying from abia or ebonyi doesn't change the fact that these states are pure igbos. Abia is even too proud to link to anambra for marriage, we often look down on many anambarians as not being marriage-worthy.

A lot of abians (especially ohuhu, ubakala, abiriba, isikwuato, ohafia people) don't like marrying from anambra. They look down on anambra in terms of marriage.

Either way, biases exist within all the Igbo communities. Onitsha don't like marrying idemili and vice versa both in anambra state
Ideato and mbaise no dey see eye to eye for marriage in imo state. Ngwa and ohuhu people in abia state have reservations about marrying amongst themselves.

It's like that in Yoruba land too. Ijebu versus ilesha for instance. Ekiti vs osun for instance.

2 Likes

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Banmeallday: 5:13pm On Dec 11, 2019
So basically IGBO AMAKA lol

DUH
Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by kendological(m): 6:33pm On Dec 11, 2019
Banmeallday:
So basically IGBO AMAKA lol

DUH
Yes Igbo amaka.
Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Nowenuse: 11:44pm On Dec 12, 2019
kmariko:
Nowenuse

Thanks for the lecture... I learned a lot about the ethnic groups from adamawa, Taraba and Yola... It's one place still can't figure out...

THANK YOU..

You're welcome. My pleasure. Are u from the Northeast?
Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Nowenuse: 11:48pm On Dec 12, 2019
bigfrancis21:

It’s so rare why the history of delta Igbo is hardly seen this way. The survival and dominance of the Igbo language is evidence of who the true owners or the aboriginals of the land are, especially given that the Igbo built no dominating or conquering empires like the British or Romans or even the Binis where they lorded themselves over the conquered and imposed a mandatory learning of the language. It’s only in Igbo history where you’ll hear arguments like, Igalas of about 2 to 5 percent arrived and settled amongst an overwhelmingly Igbo speaking group and they got assimilated a generation or two later but the village is Igala not Igbo because of the Igala surnames of one or two Igala-descended families or a few borrowed words. On the other hand Isoko villages of Igbo ancestry are today not Igbo because they don’t speak Igbo or answer Igbo names but Igbo speaking tribes in Delta are not Igbo because about 5 to 10% of them had ancestors who arrived from Bini and were given lands to settle within an Igbo speaking majority and therefore are Bini not Igbo. I’ve read so many crazy theories on this forum that I just gave up on replying most of them.

I liked your comment but you are very wrong about the Bini enforcing their language on others.
Binis regard their language as a prestigious language of royal people hence they never allowed or forced their subjects to speak... If Benins had enforced their language on their subjects, then believe me, they would have been a majority group in Nigeria because majority of Edo, Delta and parts of Lagos, Ondo, Bayelsa & Rivers would have been Bini speaking.
Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by bigfrancis21: 12:44am On Dec 13, 2019
Nowenuse:

I liked your comment but you are very wrong about the Bini enforcing their language on others.
Binis regard their language as a prestigious language of royal people hence they never allowed or forced their subjects to speak... If Benins had enforced their language on their subjects, then believe me, they would have been a majority group in Nigeria because majority of Edo, Delta and parts of Lagos, Ondo, Bayelsa & Rivers would have been Bini speaking.

Thanks. I didn’t say the binis enforced their language on others. I only used their colonialist empire as an example of the lack of it thereof that ancient Igbos didn’t have. I’m very well aware of the language use restriction of Bini during the Bini empire.

3 Likes

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by AjegunIe: 3:01pm On Dec 25, 2019
Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Apination(m): 11:37pm On Apr 29, 2020
what you just typed here is nonsense. First of all Isoko was not founded by anyone. The so-called opute is the founder of ozoro a community that speak Isoko. Secoundly Ozoro official history which I have read and own a copy that was given to me when I accompanied a friend to Ozoro day celebration says, this opute is a half brother to who they call ogwara from Benin. He migrated from Benin to escape from his brother ogwara who was after his life. He ran to what is now called Ozoro with his elder brother OKpe.
You sabi the history small but you no get am complete. Forget wetin you see for Wikipedia or Ozoro people tell you, when you attend Isoko say celebration, you will hear the real version.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Alex Otti In A Picture With Tinubu Portrait / Osinbajo In Onitsha, Visits Petrol Tanker Fire Victims / “Enough Is Enough” - FG Finally Break Silence On Xenophobic Attacks On Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.