Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,773 members, 7,813,564 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:01 PM

Osinbajo In Onitsha, Visits Petrol Tanker Fire Victims - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo In Onitsha, Visits Petrol Tanker Fire Victims (43906 Views)

Amaechi And Ambode Receive Osinbajo In Lagos (Photos) / Lagos Presents Cheques To 243 Tanker Fire Victims (Photos) / Aisha Buhari And Dolapo Osinbajo In Abuja Buying Suya (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osinbajo In Onitsha, Visits Petrol Tanker Fire Victims by DrBulalaa(m): 6:07pm On Jun 03, 2015
The Federal Government has promised to assist the Anambra State Government in taking care of the victims of the Sunday petrol tanker accident at Asaba Park Upper Iweka that claimed the lives of seventy Nigerians.
This was disclosed by the Vice President Prof. Yemi Osibanjo at Asaba Park Upper Iweka Onitsha when he visited Anambra state on the instruction of the President Muhammadu Buhri, whom he said was unavoidably out of the country to commeserate with the Governor and people of the state.

“The Federal Government will look for areas of cooperation and necessary where it can assist the state to take care of the victims and other things that will footstall such future occurrences, it is a clearer way of identifying with the people” he said.

The Vice President first visited Toronto Hospital Onitsha, where the Chief Medical Directo,r Prince Dr Emeka Eze took him round to see the victims who were admitted in the hospita,l before proceeding on foot with him, the Governor of the State Chief Willie Obiano, and Senator Chris Ngige to the scene of the incident.

Prof. Osibanjo further stated that “the President would have loved to come by himself but for his visit to some neighbouring countries who are cooperating with Nigeria to fight the Boko Haram insurgents”.

“I am here to commiserate with the Governor of the State Chief Willie Obiano and the people of Anambra State, it is not enough issuing a press statement consoling the state and families of the victims, but the President felt it is necessary that we visit the state to assess the level of the incident, this is a proper direction we should go, to tell the people that every Nigerian is important citizen of the country” he said.

The Vice President said that the President is greatly disturbed on the very sad and tragic incident, he extends his condolence, “I have been taken round and I have seen the heroic effort of the hospital and doctors who have responded very quickly and very eagerly and of course the state emergency operation and also the quick response to incident by the authorities of the hospital.

“We are happy that the state Government has taken the responsibility of footing the bills, it is also a direction every responsible should take, and the direction our country should go, where every Nigerian citizen matters no matter who he is and where he is, so long as you are a Nigerian citizen, you are important, and we will go to any extent to ensure that this is done at all times” he said.

He said that their government “will ensure that when such a tragedy occurs we will try to be there and ensure how we can ameliorate the situation, so that is why I am here
Governor of the state Chief Obiano told the Vice president due to the accident the state has banned tankers and other heavy duty vehicles in the day time and on Anambras roads, saying, that it will reduce such carnage.

“We have in addition banned heavy duty trucks that carry iron rod and cement to destroy bthe state roads heavy, they will not be allowed to ply state roads, purely because the state roads are not done in the same quality that the Federal roads are done, and each time they ply the roads they cause us more trouble, and a lot of repair works, they have to transship to be able to get to their destinations.

Dr Emeka Eze thanked the Federal and State Government and specifically thanked the Vice President for finding time to visit the state, and promised that his hospital will do its best to save lives at any point in time.

: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/vice-president-in-onitsha-says-fg-will-assist-anambra-on-petrol-tanker-victims/?utm_source=&utm_medium=facebook#sthash.V8fwyrMn.dpuf

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osinbajo In Onitsha, Visits Petrol Tanker Fire Victims by fernandoc(m): 6:08pm On Jun 03, 2015
The work has begun.

56 Likes

Re: Osinbajo In Onitsha, Visits Petrol Tanker Fire Victims by madridguy(m): 6:10pm On Jun 03, 2015
GOD ALMIGHTY WILL COMFORT THEM.

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo In Onitsha, Visits Petrol Tanker Fire Victims by tayebest(m): 6:14pm On Jun 03, 2015
Good move! smiley cheesy Thank God for the 'change' we have!grin RiP to da dead!

22 Likes

Re: Osinbajo In Onitsha, Visits Petrol Tanker Fire Victims by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jun 03, 2015
Fake pastor
No level
Na make him dhe run errand for Buhari, while deh make key decisions in his absence

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo In Onitsha, Visits Petrol Tanker Fire Victims by corektchic: 6:17pm On Jun 03, 2015
Kai... GOD help us. Federal Government intervention will be appreciated

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo In Onitsha, Visits Petrol Tanker Fire Victims by ComradeAbu(m): 6:19pm On Jun 03, 2015
Toh! For those who are shouting that they all travelled and Nobody paid condolence visit,now you can see with ur eyes that the vice president has paid the visit.
Thank you very much my Prof.

123 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo In Onitsha, Visits Petrol Tanker Fire Victims by Mynd44: 6:19pm On Jun 03, 2015
Barcanista!!!!

I thought you claimed the government does not care about the citizens hence the reason why they did not visit them?

Paper weight opposition.

186 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Osinbajo In Onitsha, Visits Petrol Tanker Fire Victims by ionsman: 6:21pm On Jun 03, 2015
Gosh!!! This a government that cares.
Its now we have a government...
Sai pmb
Sai pyo
Sai APC
Sai Nigeria...

91 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Osinbajo In Onitsha, Visits Petrol Tanker Fire Victims by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jun 03, 2015
After reading my piece the VP decides to visit onitsha. Who says opposition isn't working?
Bomb blast rocked Maiduguri, Borno state on May 29 and 30, till date neither President Buhari nor his Vice has visited the scenes to at least condole with bereaved and sympathise with victims. There was a tragedy in Onitsha, Anambra state where almost a hundred people were burnt to death. Neither the President nor his Vice were at the scene to condole with the people of the state on their loss till this date. The Vice President would rather go to Sudan to witness the inauguration of the re-elected Sudan's President. What message are they sending? President Segun Obasanjo visited Ikeja Cantonment a day after the 2001 blast at the cantonment. President Jonathan was usually on scenes of incidents be it Bomb blast, Plane crash in Lagos or any other tragedy. Sometimes his Vice Sambo appear on his behalf.
What stops President Buhari or VP Osinbajo to at least visit one of the tragedic scenes? Didn't we all criticise exPresident Jonathan for attending to a rally 24hrs after the Yobe attack? Is it now unfair to ask our leaders to sit up to their responsibilities?https://www.nairaland.com/2355136/buhari-criticism-complains-critics-guilty

92 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Osinbajo In Onitsha, Visits Petrol Tanker Fire Victims by doctokwus: 6:22pm On Jun 03, 2015
Buhari teaching people how to govern since 1983.
This visit by d VP would give some people high BP this night.

78 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osinbajo In Onitsha, Visits Petrol Tanker Fire Victims by StepTwo: 6:22pm On Jun 03, 2015
criticism is just the way forward for this country.....it's working

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo In Onitsha, Visits Petrol Tanker Fire Victims by ionsman: 6:23pm On Jun 03, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Fake pastor
No level
Na make him dhe run errand for Buhari, while deh make key decisions in his absence
Oboy you are supposed to be at uselu psychiatric hospital... You are always talking out of point..
That's the first stage of madness

179 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Osinbajo In Onitsha, Visits Petrol Tanker Fire Victims by aventura: 6:24pm On Jun 03, 2015
barcanista:
After reading my piece the VP decides to visit onitsha. Who says opposition isn't working?

That's the beauty of democracy.

11 Likes

Re: Osinbajo In Onitsha, Visits Petrol Tanker Fire Victims by CallPolice: 6:24pm On Jun 03, 2015
Nice one.

Please should banned all truck on the road at day time all over the country. It will save many lives.

Talking about Good Governance.

I sight you Governor Obiano

PMB n VPPYO. Finally CHANGE has came.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo In Onitsha, Visits Petrol Tanker Fire Victims by ionsman: 6:25pm On Jun 03, 2015
barcanista:
Read your piece? I pity you....Keep drinking ace of spade in your thought whereas you are actually drinking zobo(keep deceiving yourself).Yeye

138 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Osinbajo In Onitsha, Visits Petrol Tanker Fire Victims by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jun 03, 2015
now this is governance. pictures Please.
Re: Osinbajo In Onitsha, Visits Petrol Tanker Fire Victims by MzJackBaueress(f): 6:26pm On Jun 03, 2015
barcanista:
so the VP read your post then he decided to go to Onitsha to visit the victims of the tanker fire?
When the President declares his assets,you will also tell us he read your post that's why he declared his asset.

You are indeed a mad man!!

197 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Osinbajo In Onitsha, Visits Petrol Tanker Fire Victims by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jun 03, 2015
aventura:

Their e-trolls are yet to come to terms

6 Likes

Re: Osinbajo In Onitsha, Visits Petrol Tanker Fire Victims by LouisVanGaal(m): 6:28pm On Jun 03, 2015
PDP would indirectly spur APC on..and endear them to the heart of the people..by constantly pointing out faults, APC would be correcting them instantly!!!

20 Likes

Re: Osinbajo In Onitsha, Visits Petrol Tanker Fire Victims by POPdecorator: 6:29pm On Jun 03, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Fake pastor
No level
but u are a true pastor abi?
One step of osinbajo to that inccident is a money

thousands type of u is a wasting of time
so keepitup

26 Likes

Re: Osinbajo In Onitsha, Visits Petrol Tanker Fire Victims by faithtracey(f): 6:29pm On Jun 03, 2015
aventura:

please people i am a single lady looking for a nice mini flat or two bedrum.flat to share wif somone for 150k, yaba...jibowu..nd fadeyi axis will b gud..thanks.
09031524516 call or txt.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osinbajo In Onitsha, Visits Petrol Tanker Fire Victims by OkutaNla: 6:31pm On Jun 03, 2015
barcanista:

After reading your piece you say? ? Omo, you must be really feeling cool with yourself!

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo In Onitsha, Visits Petrol Tanker Fire Victims by omenka(m): 6:35pm On Jun 03, 2015
Mynd44:
Barcanista!!!!

I thought you claimed the government does not care about the citizens hence the reason why they did not visit them?

Paper weight opposition.

It is such a shame what these guys have turned the politics board into. At every turn, you see hate induced personal threads with no substance whatsoever, simply because they lost out in the elections. Barely 24hrs after the incident, they had already created dozens of threads to spite the gentlemen accusing them of everything save impregnating their sisters. Now he has visited, I wonder what would be their next line of argument- let me guess- "Buhari hates Igbos and Christians otherwise he would have visited the people himself!"

Such a damn shame.

Wishing the victims speedy recovery and the families of the deceased the strength to pull through such horrific tragedy.

God bless Nigeria.

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Osinbajo In Onitsha, Visits Petrol Tanker Fire Victims by codedslayer: 6:35pm On Jun 03, 2015
barcanista:

BUhahahaha.

100 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Osinbajo In Onitsha, Visits Petrol Tanker Fire Victims by adioolayi(m): 6:37pm On Jun 03, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Fake pastor
No level

You need deliverance...also get a pill..what pill? CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR

31 Likes

Re: Osinbajo In Onitsha, Visits Petrol Tanker Fire Victims by cocokiller1(f): 6:38pm On Jun 03, 2015
lol
buhari don read una previous comments 4 nl abt dem not caring 4 d people,nw osibanjo don go.
media is powerful

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo In Onitsha, Visits Petrol Tanker Fire Victims by prelinctus: 6:39pm On Jun 03, 2015
faithtracey:

please people i am a single lady looking for a nice mini flat or two bedrum.flat to share wif somone for 150k, yaba...jibowu..nd fadeyi axis will b gud..thanks.
09031524516 call or txt.

Scammer.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo In Onitsha, Visits Petrol Tanker Fire Victims by Mynd44: 6:40pm On Jun 03, 2015
omenka:
It is such a shame what these guys have turned the politics board into. At every turn, you see hate induced personal threads with no substance whatsoever, simply because they lost out in the elections. Barely 24hrs after the incident, they had already created dozens of threads to spite the gentlemen accusing them of everything save impregnating their sisters. Now he has visited, I wonder what would be their next line of argument- let me guess- "Buhari hates Igbos and Christians otherwise he would have visited the people himself!"

Such a damn shame.

Wishing the victims speedy recovery and the families of the deceased the strength to pull through such horrific tragedy.

God bless Nigeria.
*falls from the moon*

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo In Onitsha, Visits Petrol Tanker Fire Victims by DropShot: 6:43pm On Jun 03, 2015
barcanista:
To see you and slap sense into your head dey hungry me, I swear. 5 kobo sense you no get.

Just a while ago, you said the VP is not available for the next three days and now you're talking bull crap.

Bastaard!

74 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Osinbajo In Onitsha, Visits Petrol Tanker Fire Victims by GudluckIBB(m): 6:45pm On Jun 03, 2015
Jonathan visited Lagos in March, there was a robbery incidence in Lekki uptill date,he never issued a press statement nor commiserate with the affected familes

When Ebola broke out in Lagos, Jonathan never made it a point of duty to visit First consultant hospital in Obalende even When WHO declared the hospital free from Ebola.

When Iyanyan Bomb blast killed dozens of Nigerians, Jonathan went to Kano the following day to receive Shakarau into PDP and he was caught on camera dancing

When Chibok girls were kidnapped, Jonathan never visited Chibok or meet with the parents of the kidnapped girls until a 17 year old Malala came all the way from pakistan before the clueless one invited chibok parents to Abuja

In the heat of Buni Yadi massacre, Jonathan still went ahead to embark on a jamboree centinary celebration

Now we have a Govt that cares and TANOIDS are still ranting.
Some people will never see goodthing come their way because their heart and eyes are blind to good tidings

Ride on Prof
Ride on Baba
My vote for you wasn't wasted

69 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Osinbajo In Onitsha, Visits Petrol Tanker Fire Victims by jorlons(m): 6:47pm On Jun 03, 2015
Leaders with passion to lead and compassion for the people. May God continue to strengthen you and PMB.

@barcanista I can see you're taking credit for this well all I can say to you is Kontinuu.

[s]Meanwhile, does anybody know how one can check for registered news media in the country.[/s] Nevermind, I'll ask google.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

See The 3 Things Nigerians Got Wrong About Oshiomhole’s Wife / List Of Newly Elected LG & LCDA Chairmen And Vice Chairmen In Lagos / List Of One Million Delisted Voters - INEC Breakdown According To States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.