Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,051 members, 7,838,654 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:16 AM

Asu Ekiye Calls Out Gospel Artistes At The Experience - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Asu Ekiye Calls Out Gospel Artistes At The Experience (57045 Views)

Akpororo, Asu Ekiye, Others Light Up Abuja At 'A Night With The King' Concert / Return To Gospel - Asu Ekiye To Waje / Asu Ekiye And Wife, Kuni Akene Celebrate 20th Wedding Anniversary (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Asu Ekiye Calls Out Gospel Artistes At The Experience by Owutuotuo(m): 9:37pm On Dec 08, 2019
There are only a few worshippers in Nigeria whose life and songs call down God’s glory.
Chris Delvan
Panam Percy Paul
Nathaniel Bassey
Joshua Selman
Sinach
Chioma Jesus
Prospa Ochimana

Check the their songs. They are soundly based on revelations and Scriptures. Consistency is common to all just mentioned.

3 Likes

Re: Asu Ekiye Calls Out Gospel Artistes At The Experience by Arkmanbuddy(m): 9:37pm On Dec 08, 2019
StagethemTVee:
Asu Ekiye to Sammie Okposo be like..."I will be your blackface, will you be my 2 face?

You no well, aswear!
Re: Asu Ekiye Calls Out Gospel Artistes At The Experience by Nodogragra4me(m): 9:38pm On Dec 08, 2019
Jeezuzpick:
What original song of Sammy's do you know?

"Wellu-wellu" belongs to DC Envoys (comedian Gordons was a member)

"Oruko Jesu" was a popular praise song written to the tune of Ras Kimono's "Ayagayagayagayo"

All these years, singing mostly other people's songs without giving credit will certainly lead to stuff like this.

The guy is not a gospel artist but opportunistic. I knewGordons and his crew back then. One of them had problem with his leg. Members of Pastor Ayos Word of Life

That man just took that well wellu and ran to Lagos and out it in cd and became a celebrity. God never called him to sing organized songs to him. There are people called to release new praise songs to God and he is not one of them

3 Likes

Re: Asu Ekiye Calls Out Gospel Artistes At The Experience by Jeezuzpick(m): 9:38pm On Dec 08, 2019
therajah:

I understand you very well. If they sing the songs in cassettes then they cld acknowledge. But this is a concert. Its not for commercial purpose.

Ah!

It's even worse to sing another's song at a live concert.

The purpose of concerts is to show the world you can sing your song well outside a studio environment.

Can you imagine Davido singing Runtown's "Mad over you' at a live concert?

13 Likes

Re: Asu Ekiye Calls Out Gospel Artistes At The Experience by lakesider(m): 9:42pm On Dec 08, 2019
noblealuu:
Which ever song is sung is not bad as far as God is glorified. It's not a platform for competition to outdo anyone.

Singing to promote self and receive accolades from people only glorifies self not God.

But on a lighter note, I have never heard of this name before

How will you feel If someone takes the house you build with your lifetome savings in the name of the Lord

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Asu Ekiye Calls Out Gospel Artistes At The Experience by Keenmind2019(m): 9:44pm On Dec 08, 2019
noblealuu:
Which ever song is sung is not bad as far as God is glorified. It's not a platform for competition to outdo anyone.

Singing to promote self and receive accolades from people only glorifies self not God.

But on a lighter note, I have never heard of this name before
He Was The first naija gospel act o win a channel O music awards with yekilemo back in the days

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asu Ekiye Calls Out Gospel Artistes At The Experience by ewosk: 9:45pm On Dec 08, 2019
For all saying there is nothing wrong in singing songs written by others since its gospel...

Can you explain what covetousness is from bible standpoint?

Will the artist at the concert glorifying God with effort of others get financial reward for his actions. If he does he is a thief and all others supporting him/her are like-minded.

The gifts of God is to profit withal, if you are exploiting the work of a man for your own reward without acknowledgement you are a thief..

Reply with bible to support your views

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Asu Ekiye Calls Out Gospel Artistes At The Experience by therajah: 9:46pm On Dec 08, 2019
Jeezuzpick:

Ah!

The purpose of concerts is to show the world you can sing your song well outside a studio environment.

The way I see 'The Experience' concert- come and sing to God in His presence and let pple be blessed. Not to 'showcase'

3 Likes

Re: Asu Ekiye Calls Out Gospel Artistes At The Experience by Taciturn1: 9:46pm On Dec 08, 2019
alezzy13:

Truth or not, just or not, Asu's language is totally unacceptable and unchristian, especially in a public domain. Particularly worrisome is that the attack is to fellow Gospel singer like himself.

He should have more restraint.

Well, you do have a point, but before criticizing him, let's be sure there wasn't any private discordance to warrant his harsh reaction.
He seems quite upset from his rhetoric

3 Likes

Re: Asu Ekiye Calls Out Gospel Artistes At The Experience by Dogalmighty17: 9:47pm On Dec 08, 2019
Instead of posting on social media and griping, why not simply sue HOT for copyright infringement?
Re: Asu Ekiye Calls Out Gospel Artistes At The Experience by ewosk: 9:48pm On Dec 08, 2019
therajah:

I understand you very well. If they sing the songs in cassettes then they cld acknowledge. But this is a concert. Its not for commercial purpose.
So are u claiming Sammie Okposio will not get financial reward for his performance at that concert ��

8 Likes

Re: Asu Ekiye Calls Out Gospel Artistes At The Experience by madjune(m): 9:50pm On Dec 08, 2019
He has finished Sammie Okposo.

That guy really lacks originality.
He should retire and build a tent inside some Ikeja studio.

3 Likes

Re: Asu Ekiye Calls Out Gospel Artistes At The Experience by ewosk: 9:52pm On Dec 08, 2019
therajah:

The way I see 'The Experience' concert- come and sing to God in His presence and let pple be blessed. Not to 'showcase'
grin shocked

Very funny
Oga that artist will be paid for singing to God. The Portion alotted to Benjamin can be used by Gad after all they are all children of God. Is that how it is in your Bible

5 Likes

Re: Asu Ekiye Calls Out Gospel Artistes At The Experience by Jeezuzpick(m): 9:54pm On Dec 08, 2019
therajah:

I agree....yet there's a reason these artistes are known to the point of being invited, and that is the songs they have written, performed and released. The songs are their identities, the reason they got that much recognition in the first place.

A backup choir or praise team can sing anyone's song to bless the people, but Tope Alabi is invited because she is Tope Alabi, for instance, so she should get on stage and do her, not someone else.

9 Likes

Re: Asu Ekiye Calls Out Gospel Artistes At The Experience by Forward77(m): 9:55pm On Dec 08, 2019
Davash222:
Who’s Asu Ekiye

Just add “n” to his first name and you will have a goat.

Good night
Re: Asu Ekiye Calls Out Gospel Artistes At The Experience by ewosk: 9:56pm On Dec 08, 2019
Brandstudio01:
Please someone should Remind this Dude that the Experience was God's party, not Golder or Heineken party where Artist come to size shoulders.

Your Excellency sir, with all due respect, You Need Jesus.

Little wonder you're among the Best Gospel Artists in Nigeria Presently sir

#JesusWasTheReasonForTheParty

May others not reap the fruit of your labour while you watch them from the sideline. You need Jesus also

6 Likes

Re: Asu Ekiye Calls Out Gospel Artistes At The Experience by Brandstudio01: 9:57pm On Dec 08, 2019
ewosk:

May others not reap the fruit of your labour while you watch then from the sideline. You need Jesus also
I return it back to you in see proportion.
Re: Asu Ekiye Calls Out Gospel Artistes At The Experience by Ijawblooded: 9:58pm On Dec 08, 2019
Many Lagosians think Woekilemo is Sammie Okposo's song. If a church choir ministers it in church as a normal praise, it is no biggie. But a professinal musician perfoming another's song is copyright theft. Do u remember Majek calling out Timi for such? In Timi's case he showed proof of paying for it. Sammie should stick to his songs and stop singing Asu's song after all he is paid- heavily!

6 Likes

Re: Asu Ekiye Calls Out Gospel Artistes At The Experience by Bbbwings: 9:59pm On Dec 08, 2019
magicminister:
He has a point but his manner of delivery would make anyone feel attacked.

He could have said something like:

“It was an honor to share the stage with all the gospel singers that graced the occasion. Personally, I feel as an industry, we can do a better job to promote creativity and originality. While we are all there to praise the lord, we are also there to showcase our talents to the people of God. We cannot fully blossom if we rob others of their Glory or consistently fail to showcase our incredible creativity.”

Shiiiit like that you know. I have lived long enough to know that the message is just as important as the delivery. If your delivery is respectful, kind and uplifting, most people will not take it as an affront.
When I begin to steal your write up.
I hope you will be merciful, if I write my defence same way as above
Yeye

5 Likes

Re: Asu Ekiye Calls Out Gospel Artistes At The Experience by Bbbwings: 10:01pm On Dec 08, 2019
Jeezuzpick:

Ah!

You don talk am finish jare

5 Likes

Re: Asu Ekiye Calls Out Gospel Artistes At The Experience by ewosk: 10:04pm On Dec 08, 2019
Brandstudio01:
I return it back to you in see proportion.
When am not supporting the exploitation of the work of a man grin grin

If you dont know that is simply what is happening,

some artiste will wait on God for inspiration or was blessed with a song, others toiled way back to bring songs to a fore

but someone somewhere is jumping from one pulpit to another singing those songs and collecting guest artiste fee.

If u support this may the just God bless u with same experience.

A Christian brother will reap of your sweats afterall he will thank God and give testimony about sweatless reward.

10 Likes

Re: Asu Ekiye Calls Out Gospel Artistes At The Experience by SocialJustice: 10:04pm On Dec 08, 2019
healthserve:
Asu Ekiye and his typicak ly negative energy.

That was unChristianly to put it in such manner

Given that Sammy Okposo rose to stardom on the backside of a fellow musician's song who was never credited, Sammy ought to know how to tred. After all he calls himself an elder

In the kingdom, balance is key
Learn to write and spell before you criticise people above you.

2 Likes

Re: Asu Ekiye Calls Out Gospel Artistes At The Experience by Brandstudio01: 10:05pm On Dec 08, 2019
Sorry who is this please
Re: Asu Ekiye Calls Out Gospel Artistes At The Experience by Brandstudio01: 10:07pm On Dec 08, 2019
And you think I will spend my precious time reading crab
Re: Asu Ekiye Calls Out Gospel Artistes At The Experience by mechanics(m): 10:11pm On Dec 08, 2019
He should not bring worldliness into Christianity, I don't see anything wrong for one to be singing songs in a program, we are all worshipping the same God, so why the unhealthy competition?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Asu Ekiye Calls Out Gospel Artistes At The Experience by therajah: 10:12pm On Dec 08, 2019
Jeezuzpick:

I agree....yet there's a reason these artistes are known to the point of being invited, and that is the songs they have written, performed and released. The songs are their identities, the reason they got that much recognition in the first place.

A backup choir or praise team can sing anyone's song to bless the people, but Tope Alabi is invited because she is Tope Alabi, for instance, so she should get on stage and do her, not someone else.
Yeah, if you look at it from the angle of identity, you make a lot of sense.

4 Likes

Re: Asu Ekiye Calls Out Gospel Artistes At The Experience by AABBIIMM(m): 10:15pm On Dec 08, 2019
In a gathering like this, it's not about who has this song or that, it's not about monopoly or privatization of any song, it's about glorifying the name of Jesus Christ. If Apostle Paul writes a revelation, it is for the body of Christ to edify. In a setting like this, the flesh ought to be dead, and your Joy is to see that where ever the song is being ministered, lives are being transformed.
I can imagine the lives of Fanny Crosby who sang Blessed Assurance, Pass me not o Gentle saviour, To God be the Glory just to mention a few saying she should be credited at every time these hymns are sung.
Only when we are broken, then will we know that we are just privileged to have been chosen to sing these songs.
Remember, God is able to raise stones to praise Him.
This is why we sing and nothing happens, because we are too full of ourselves.
No pride can stand in the presence of the Holy Spirit.
I really feel like weeping because this character grieves the Holy Spirit.
It is not of Paul that planted nor Apollo that waters but God who gives the increase.
we must decrease Jesus must increase.
The flesh needs to be CRUCIFIED.
MERCY O GOD�

3 Likes

Re: Asu Ekiye Calls Out Gospel Artistes At The Experience by fujirice: 10:20pm On Dec 08, 2019
Asu Ekiye fall my hand!
Brother, it’s gospel of Jesus Christ they are spreading through songs.
You should be proud and honored that your songs are among what gets the people to that place of worship.
At the end of the day, it’s God that is praised and not man.
Michah Stampley sang Orise iyanu and I didn’t hear him give accolade to Bassey. Same with Donnie McClurkin who have turned ’Imela’ to his anthem.
These guys should just take a chill and know that they are not secular artists.

Asu Ekiye, again you fall hand for this one.

2 Likes

Re: Asu Ekiye Calls Out Gospel Artistes At The Experience by TemmyT002(m): 10:24pm On Dec 08, 2019
Rubbish
Gospel songs are not hip-hop songs. They are songs to glorify God. No one should be attaching "my own', 'his own', 'her own' to it.

1 Like

Re: Asu Ekiye Calls Out Gospel Artistes At The Experience by Mujtahida: 10:26pm On Dec 08, 2019
Ishilove:
He has a point. How can you be gospel singer for over 15 years yet can't sing your own songs? Does it mean you know your songs lack appeal?
It's all because the mercantile spirit has taken over Christianity and everyone thinks in terms of self.

The motivation for Christian songs used to be for praise and worship of God. It was directed upwards and then it mattered not who wrote the songs. Many people today do not know of the great hymn writers like Isaac Watts, Augustus Toplady, fanny Crosby, John Newton etc yet their songs continue to edify the church.

But now 'performers' have taken over and in keeping with the reality of money and the adulation of the crowd, it makes sense to demand that artists should sing their own songs so that they don't steal the shine from the original song writer.

Comments here show that there's no distinction between a rock concert and church programmes like The Experience. They are all for show. I was there in 2010.

A. W Tozer saw this years ago now the thing has ripened.
Re: Asu Ekiye Calls Out Gospel Artistes At The Experience by Angelfrost(m): 10:26pm On Dec 08, 2019
Say what you like, but for me, this attack on Sammie's personality reeks of nothing but envy...

As far as Gospel music is concerned, who has or claims full rights to songs??!... Which artiste on Friday night didn't borrow whole songs or lyrics on that stage??!... Asu Ekiye is even guilty of what he is pointing fingers.

He is too old for this kind of childishness.
Re: Asu Ekiye Calls Out Gospel Artistes At The Experience by nan1: 10:29pm On Dec 08, 2019
[quote author=dochenaj post=84746819]There are choruses that are nobody's song but everybody's song.

Over the years gospel artiste has remixed the age long chorus into their brands but the original song belong to everyone.

If an artiste sings the original song, then that is no problem but if they sing the remixed version, it is not so cool.

But it is not any reason enough to bicker and fight, cos at the end of the day, God is praised and men are edified.

Na so God is praised and Sammys account is fat while the original song owners account is in debits not fair at all

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Peter Okoye: Blood Is Thicker Than Water! Are My Wife & Kids Water Or Zobo? / John-Paul Nwadike Celebrates Birthday With A House & Hummer SUV / Mercy Johnson's Customized Car Number Plate (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.