Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,317 members, 7,839,519 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 09:30 PM

Asu Ekiye Calls Out Gospel Artistes At The Experience - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Asu Ekiye Calls Out Gospel Artistes At The Experience (57054 Views)

Akpororo, Asu Ekiye, Others Light Up Abuja At 'A Night With The King' Concert / Return To Gospel - Asu Ekiye To Waje / Asu Ekiye And Wife, Kuni Akene Celebrate 20th Wedding Anniversary (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Asu Ekiye Calls Out Gospel Artistes At The Experience by OgaBuhari: 9:38am On Dec 09, 2019
[s]
midnighter:

Thank you ooo...I dont know what all these people are saying

Why dont they hand over their entire salary to their colleague then if they really want to glorify God smh
[/s]
Re: Asu Ekiye Calls Out Gospel Artistes At The Experience by Emma1Oj(m): 10:11am On Dec 09, 2019
Aidejay:
See in developed music industries you cannot perform someone's song with out crediting them nor can you do a performance with out prior notice or permission. But these gospel artists need to evolve you get song yet you go perform another man song.
I remembered one of our thanks giving service, frank Edward was present and Sammie was ministering in songs"leading praises" he den tried to sing one of frank Edward song, the guy(Edward) pointed at Sammie and told him he will take that , Edward walked straight to him n collect the mic from him. Edward lead only that song n one other n gave back the mic to Sammie.

To me o, it's total wrong to perfume other actist song on stage. U make their absence inconsequential n make dem feel bad and they won't or can't be invited since other actist is performing the songs. Its not wise.

4 Likes

Re: Asu Ekiye Calls Out Gospel Artistes At The Experience by Natifa(f): 10:32am On Dec 09, 2019
i thought the experience was about experiencing God. who cares who's song an artiste performs that lead people to God? is this guy even saved at all? because to me, he is simply interested in the patterns of this world and how worldly musicians promote themselves and is using it as a yardstick to measure a gospel artiste's performance. dude, this is about GOD not about you or him. so just shush

1 Like

Re: Asu Ekiye Calls Out Gospel Artistes At The Experience by LilMissFavvy(f): 10:48am On Dec 09, 2019
Yeah.....i agree with you, yet he is popular, I cannot understand why. He used to be an ambassador for Pepsi or Coke, I can't remember exactly. His popularity definitely stems from singing people's songs all the time.
naturefellow:
TBH, I've never know Sammie Okposu to be an original artiste. He just has a great persona... stage presence.

1 Like

Re: Asu Ekiye Calls Out Gospel Artistes At The Experience by LilMissFavvy(f): 10:51am On Dec 09, 2019
Wow, Frank Edwards did that? Hahahahaha, so funny.
Emma1Oj:
I remembered one of our thanks giving service, frank Edward was present and Sammie was ministering in songs"leading praises" he den tried to sing one of frank Edward song, the guy(Edward) pointed at Sammie and told him he will take that , Edward walked straight to him n collect the mic from him. Edward lead only that song n one other n gave back the mic to Sammie.

To me o, it's total wrong to perfume other actist song on stage. U make their absence inconsequential n make dem feel bad and they won't or can't be invited since other actist is performing the songs. Its not wise.
Re: Asu Ekiye Calls Out Gospel Artistes At The Experience by LilMissFavvy(f): 10:57am On Dec 09, 2019
Give gifts means what? Will gifts pay his family's bills? Do you know how many gospel artistes quit their jobs so that they can be totally focused in their gospel career? Or you think an artistes who is gainfully employed eg as a banker, engineer, teacher, etc, would have the time to attend to ministration in different churches when need arises, when he is gainfully employed doing a 9/5 job? Think again. This is why artistes dump gospel and do hip hop music, the few gospel artistes who are still holding on are not even encouraged.
LordTosinJ:
Yes they could be given 'gifts' but they are not working for the money.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asu Ekiye Calls Out Gospel Artistes At The Experience by Aidejay(m): 11:14am On Dec 09, 2019
MorataFC:
it is gospel songs not worldly songs, and it is a praise song and anybody can sing it to praise GOD anywhere. what are you saying sef? Copyright law for praise and worship song render in chuch ( or congregation of christian) did he enter studio and sing the song as his album?
If this is your interpretation of copyright law all praise and worship singers in our churches would have been charged to court.
it's isn't about wether the song is gospel or secular. Copyright law exists to protect your intellectual property from theft.
Secondly some songs aren't copyrighted so you can sing and reproduce them in every and any way you desire. The whole matter hangs on if the original creator protected the material.

1 Like

Re: Asu Ekiye Calls Out Gospel Artistes At The Experience by LordTosinJ: 11:26am On Dec 09, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
Give gifts means what? Will gifts pay his family's bills? Do you know how many gospel artistes quit their jobs so that they can be totally focused in their gospel career? Or you think an artistes who is gainfully employed eg as a banker, engineer, teacher, etc, would have the time to attend to ministration in different churches when need arises, when he is gainfully employed doing a 9/5 job? Think again. This is why artistes dump gospel and do hip hop music, the few gospel artistes who are still holding on are not even encouraged.
OK I thought about it. it true they have to be paid. But I don't think Gospel music is something you should go for full time. You should also have supporting jobs that you can do when there are no invitations and stuffs.

1 Like

Re: Asu Ekiye Calls Out Gospel Artistes At The Experience by Azubeck: 11:27am On Dec 09, 2019
I have a new gospel song. Please how can I put it online.
07082013544: WhatsApp
Re: Asu Ekiye Calls Out Gospel Artistes At The Experience by LilMissFavvy(f): 1:15pm On Dec 09, 2019
Most gospel artistes do business, because if they do a 9/5 job or other job, they will always have problems with their bosses. Where will the capital come from, if after putting in money to produce music, they do free performances? How many bosses can tolerate an on/off employer? Except in countries where people can work in shifts. I just feel bad for this people, talents in churches should be encouraged.
LordTosinJ:
OK I thought about it. it true they have to be paid. But I don't think Gospel music is something you should go for full time. You should also have supporting jobs that you can do when there are no invitations and stuffs.

2 Likes

Re: Asu Ekiye Calls Out Gospel Artistes At The Experience by odikomo1(m): 1:25pm On Dec 09, 2019
noblealuu:
Which ever song is sung is not bad as far as God is glorified. It's not a platform for competition to outdo anyone.

Singing to promote self and receive accolades from people only glorifies self not God.

But on a lighter note, I have never heard of this name before

Well said its to glorify God and not self, but hold on....

How will they pay their bills?

1 Like

Re: Asu Ekiye Calls Out Gospel Artistes At The Experience by odikomo1(m): 1:27pm On Dec 09, 2019
kelvinovie25:
I thought they were there to give God glory, seems it's praise and worship is now a showbis for self glorification, they now singing to God for money. That's why they dragging gospel songs

Well done!!!!!!!!

How will they pay their bills, if all they do is sing for free?

1 Like

Re: Asu Ekiye Calls Out Gospel Artistes At The Experience by odikomo1(m): 1:28pm On Dec 09, 2019
MrMcJay:
The Bible says in 1 Peter Chapter 4 that let none of you suffer as a wrongdoer or as a thief.

You're fraudulently breaching someone's intellectual property rights and you say it is praising God. Praising which God? That's why most of them can't perform outside Nigeria cos they can't perform without breaching the law.

If you're not careful, you'll praise God in prison.

On point!!

1 Like

Re: Asu Ekiye Calls Out Gospel Artistes At The Experience by odikomo1(m): 1:32pm On Dec 09, 2019
Brandstudio01:
First of all Sir are you a Born Again. Just to make we are on the same page. Because a Canal mind has no Business with Spiritual things

Spiritual things without money is false faith

Your Bible says faith without work is dead
Re: Asu Ekiye Calls Out Gospel Artistes At The Experience by BRIGHT180(m): 1:36pm On Dec 09, 2019
Correction in the body of Christ requires a depth of love in our heart and grace in our speech else our words will neither edify nor correct the listeners
Re: Asu Ekiye Calls Out Gospel Artistes At The Experience by odikomo1(m): 1:43pm On Dec 09, 2019
therajah:

I understand you very well. If they sing the songs in cassettes then they cld acknowledge. But this is a concert. Its not for commercial purpose.

Either ways its still commercial. Groups/ individuals are sponsoring the event booking and performances at same time promoting their name and business brands. Its business as usual with a spiritual theme.

Even at talent shows , the owner of the song is mentioned by the amateur contestants before singing.

Professionals are expected to lead by example and not the other way round. Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Asu Ekiye Calls Out Gospel Artistes At The Experience by odikomo1(m): 2:02pm On Dec 09, 2019
alezzy13:

Truth or not, just or not, Asu's language is totally unacceptable and unchristian, especially in a public domain. Particularly worrisome is that the attack is to fellow Gospel singer like himself.

He should have more restraint.

How unacceptable?

Some of Our artistes/actors/actresses intellectual property owners both religious and non religious are not enjoying the fruit of labour for the fear of been rebuked by self righteous thinking like yours.

If more would speak up, more will have the sufficiency and exposure the foreign counterparts enjoys. The other day sinach song ( way maker) was sang by a foreign artiste without credit to her, his own countrymen called him to order. I guess he apologized.

Many talented Christian artistes are stranded in Nigeria because it will be accorded a taboo to own right to their gospel songs to God.

1 Like

Re: Asu Ekiye Calls Out Gospel Artistes At The Experience by odikomo1(m): 2:29pm On Dec 09, 2019
MorataFC:
it is gospel songs not worldly songs, and it is a praise song and anybody can sing it to praise GOD anywhere .

what are you saying sef? Copyright law for praise and worship song render in chuch ( or congregation of christian) did he enter studio and sing the song as his album?
If this is your interpretation of copyright law all praise and worship singers in our churches would have been charged to court.

I believe the songs in particular asu ekiye is holding claims are available as studio recorded. According to intellectual property law/copyright law, a popular material with different variations as church praise/worship songs, the singers can be grouped as top fans, while the professionals in the business of music whether religious or secular are expected to acknowledge colleagues in order to satisfy the 'right to use' code , which helps to keep all intellectual property owners in business.

For me its not about asu ekiye, not about Sammie okposo, its the bigger picture ( the sustainability of Nigeria's music industry). Gospel music or not, Asu ekiye calling out another is a starting point.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Asu Ekiye Calls Out Gospel Artistes At The Experience by odikomo1(m): 3:12pm On Dec 09, 2019
Natifa:
i thought the experience was about experiencing God. who cares who's song an artiste performs that lead people to God? is this guy even saved at all? because to me, he is simply interested in the patterns of this world and how worldly musicians promote themselves and is using it as a yardstick to measure a gospel artiste's performance. dude, this is about GOD not about you or him. so just shush

He has every right to ask for credit. Funny in developed countries where people work, pay taxes and pass revenue to government, that provides enabling environment to make the phone you used to type 'shush' he need not demand it, it is giving duly and that's how and why things work there but don't work in super religious countries like Nigeria. Intellectual property owners including gospel artistes are children of God who must work to eat too. Their songs / invitations to perform their own songs are their hustle. Faith without work is dead!!!

1 Like

Re: Asu Ekiye Calls Out Gospel Artistes At The Experience by Clinton207: 3:16pm On Dec 09, 2019
Hmmm, Mr Asu is always looking for who to get down with. No wonder after the album back to base,we haven't felt him in d music industry like that.
Re: Asu Ekiye Calls Out Gospel Artistes At The Experience by odikomo1(m): 3:27pm On Dec 09, 2019
ewosk:
For all saying there is nothing wrong in singing songs written by others since its gospel...

Can you explain what covetousness is from bible standpoint?

Will the artist at the concert glorifying God with effort of others get financial reward for his actions. If he does he is a thief and all others supporting him/her are like-minded.

The gifts of God is to profit withal, if you are exploiting the work of a man for your own reward without acknowledgement you are a thief..

Reply with bible to support your views

Is your view I will rather support jare , give am one big bible , let him open to Exodus 20:17

1 Like

Re: Asu Ekiye Calls Out Gospel Artistes At The Experience by odikomo1(m): 4:14pm On Dec 09, 2019
AABBIIMM:
In a gathering like this, it's not about who has this song or that, it's not about monopoly or privatization of any song, it's about glorifying the name of Jesus Christ. If Apostle Paul writes a revelation, it is for the body of Christ to edify. In a setting like this, the flesh ought to be dead, and your Joy is to see that where ever the song is being ministered, lives are being transformed.
I can imagine the lives of Fanny Crosby who sang Blessed Assurance, Pass me not o Gentle saviour, To God be the Glory just to mention a few saying she should be credited at every time these hymns are sung.
Only when we are broken, then will we know that we are just privileged to have been chosen to sing these songs.
Remember, God is able to raise stones to praise Him.
This is why we sing and nothing happens, because we are too full of ourselves.
No pride can stand in the presence of the Holy Spirit.
I really feel like weeping because this character grieves the Holy Spirit.
It is not of Paul that planted nor Apollo that waters but God who gives the increase.
we must decrease Jesus must increase.
The flesh needs to be CRUCIFIED.
MERCY O GOD�

Jesus paid it all on the cross and he said

'It is finished'

So what then are you suffering, decreasing and crucifying as flesh that is bigger than the price he paid on the cross of Calvery?

Please meditate on this. We now live by faith in Jesus according to Galatians 3:1-28, let that faith or some will say conscience guide you, dont deceive yourself ( Galatians 6:3) and it is also written repeatedly that faith alone without works is dead (James 2:14-26). This man has laboured( its not easy to write an original song worthy of copyright claims) allow him reap the fruits of his labour.

Other people on the forum have said he's fond of it( doing others songs). Calling him to order is not a bad thing, its for future amends and for the good of the industry( Galatians 6:1).

They are processionals in the gospel business they should know better as it is written in James 4:17.

Peace!!

1 Like

Re: Asu Ekiye Calls Out Gospel Artistes At The Experience by Glycosunde: 5:10pm On Dec 09, 2019
magicfingers009:
Asu Ekiye, this is a wrong move. Bitterness like this would restrict you to only Niger Delta gigs. No right thinking Music Director or Pastor would see this post and still want to invite you to minister.

The gift bestowed upon you is to glorify God first but you see it as a pathway to stardom. Being invited to Experience doesn't mean you must perform your song, it's not a secular show. It's an atmosphere to worship God. If the song by Hillsong or Midnight crew is what would bring down the presence of God, you better keep your original song and sing that song.

The sole purpose is to glorify God.

So tell me how will you know the song that will bring down the presence of God. Will God tell them to sing another man's song before his presence is felt. And if he start singing midnight crew songs and bringing God's presence down, who will still contact midnight crew for a gig and if midnight crew don't performs at events, who is going to pay for their welfare or do they get things freely because they are gospel musicians. If davido has sang songs belonging to other artists while on stage you people would have bashed him, same also should this be. Even the bible says a labourer is entitled to his wages and the prophets were directed to eat from the animals being brought for sacrifice by the people

1 Like

Re: Asu Ekiye Calls Out Gospel Artistes At The Experience by midnighter(f): 5:18pm On Dec 09, 2019
The comments in this thread are why people take humility and gentle character for foolishness

You spend hours writing a song, some dude goes and uses it to gesticulate all over a huge stage and gets paid in millions

You open your mouth to complain, they will be talking Holy Spirit

But I'll say it again, Holy Spirit will actually scold you if you use Him as an excuse not to stand up for yourself! God doesn't tell us to lie down and let people march up and down our bodies

And Holy Spirit will not FILL your stomach.

Don't be a chump! Tell the useless fellow to credit you for your song or give you your share of the proceeds.

Is it not how Black Face became a hollowed out shell for over a decade? Because of people trying to excuse nonsense

I wonder why only the offended party should be a Christian when the teef didn't have Christianity in mind when he was salivating all over your God-breathed song
Re: Asu Ekiye Calls Out Gospel Artistes At The Experience by AABBIIMM(m): 5:39pm On Dec 09, 2019
odikomo1:

Jesus paid it all on the cross and he said

'It is finished'

So what then are you suffering, decreasing and crucifying as flesh that is bigger than the price he paid on the cross of Calvery?

Please meditate on this. We now live by faith in Jesus according to Galatians 3:1-28, let that faith or some will say conscience guide you, dont deceive yourself ( Galatians 6:3) and it is also written repeatedly that faith alone without works is dead (James 2:14-26). This man has laboured( its not easy to write an original song worthy of copyright claims) allow him reap the fruits of his labour.

Other people on the forum have said he's fond of it( doing others songs). Calling him to order is not a bad thing, its for future amends and for the good of the industry( Galatians 6:1).

They are processionals in the gospel business they should know better as it is written in James 4:17.

Peace!!
I understand the finished work of Calvary, though I don't claim to know it all as eternity isn't enough for me to comprehend the Redemptive Work sir. Does that mean you shouldn't walk in the light of Redemption?
The Corinthians Church with all their giftings in 1Cor 3:3, Paul addressed them as being carnal, he addressed their envying, strifes and divisions.
I'm saying again that the purpose of the songs is to edify the body of Christ, irrespective of who sang it, we're talking about worshipping God here lest we make a merchandise of the gospel.
Shalom
Re: Asu Ekiye Calls Out Gospel Artistes At The Experience by Nobody: 6:22pm On Dec 09, 2019
davidtemi:
yes
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Asu Ekiye Calls Out Gospel Artistes At The Experience by glowingflame7: 6:33pm On Dec 09, 2019
BluntBoy:

In the form of a church service, churches don't need license to use copyrighted songs. It is called a CCLI license. It means Christian Copyright Licensing International license.

The CCLI is not a performance license. Which means if you are an artiste performing a song, this license does not protect you against charges of copyright infringement.

Thanks for the enlightenment, really appreciated. My point though is that Christian music is not really supposed to be like the secular world. It's for the worship and glory of God, not for money primarily. More so, i don't think there's CCLI in Nigeria or that the artist in question copyrighted his song.
Re: Asu Ekiye Calls Out Gospel Artistes At The Experience by glowingflame7: 6:42pm On Dec 09, 2019
Timoleon:
Were you paid for singing at home or at school? Or even church? If yes, you are a thief. If no, it doesn’t count.

Songs are to be copyrighted before you can start talking of infringement. Performance for financial gain is different from the context I mentioned. Also Christian music should be more of public domain not copyright. The great musicians are not wailing about copyright. It is unknown musicians like those in the thread that wail about copyright as if it is tuface and blackface songs.
Re: Asu Ekiye Calls Out Gospel Artistes At The Experience by odikomo1(m): 9:45pm On Dec 09, 2019
AABBIIMM:

I understand the finished work of Calvary, though I don't claim to know it all as eternity isn't enough for me to comprehend the Redemptive Work sir. Does that mean you shouldn't walk in the light of Redemption?
The Corinthians Church with all their giftings in 1Cor 3:3, Paul addressed them as being carnal, he addressed their envying, strifes and divisions.
I'm saying again that the purpose of the songs is to edify the body of Christ, irrespective of who sang it, we're talking about worshipping God here lest we make a merchandise of the gospel.
Shalom

Thank you. Indeed no one really knows all( 1 Corinthians 8:2, Eccles 8:16-17), and Eccles 9:11 all mentioned how the human mind is limited in understanding the things of this world and spirit realm. Hence we are expected to tread with caution( proverbs 12:18)

You are right, i support that sometimes it may seem as merchandise of the gospel but lets be real that someone is getting invited and paid in that concert, money is a reality and necessity to support self and the Gospel. James said what good is our faith and spirituality if someone is sent away for demanding a physical( carnal) need( money, food, shelter etc)especially when they deserve to be attended to( James 2:14-17)

In this case, the man (asu ekiye) is asking for his right to feed from his harvest. In James 2:18, James emphasised that show me faith and I will show u a living faith by deeds and not faith alone that is dead.

Even Isaiah 29:13-14 warns to beware of self righteous teachings not from God but made by man to rob another. Almost all disciples were gainfully employed, trading among themselves. In this present times some people are genuinely working for the Lord no doubt, while others are smart using selected man-made rules refined from the bible to extort, deceive and outsmart others in the name of worshiping God.

Like I left you with James 4:17 earlier. This is a call for religious persons/ artistes to examine themselves, be truthful to one another, careful not to shortchange others in the Lord's name. God supported trading among his children, whether product or skilled service but he condemned cheating in His name( Leviticus 25:17).

I have a cousin who got fired for she was unable to recover the debts owed by her pastor, who bought items from her company through her with his spiritual father influence.

With this call, I hope everyone will truly learn a lesson. Asu ekiye feels cheated out of his rights and source of food in God's name. Those who are involved should please come forward and clear their name. Simple.

I rest my case! smiley

1 Like

Re: Asu Ekiye Calls Out Gospel Artistes At The Experience by naturefellow(m): 10:11pm On Dec 09, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
Yeah.....i agree with you, yet he is popular, I cannot understand why. He used to be an ambassador for Pepsi or Coke, I can't remember exactly. His popularity definitely stems from singing people's songs all the time.
and that's not fair. He's also been a Glo Ambassador. Oscillating between gospel and secular like the weather.

1 Like

Re: Asu Ekiye Calls Out Gospel Artistes At The Experience by glowingflame7: 8:09pm On Dec 10, 2019
odikomo1:

Thank you. Indeed no one really knows all( 1 Corinthians 8:2, Eccles 8:16-17), and Eccles 9:11 all mentioned how the human mind is limited in understanding the things of this world and spirit realm. Hence we are expected to tread with caution( proverbs 12:18)

You are right, i support that sometimes it may seem as merchandise of the gospel but lets be real that someone is getting invited and paid in that concert, money is a reality and necessity to support self and the Gospel. James said what good is our faith and spirituality if someone is sent away for demanding a physical( carnal) need( money, food, shelter etc)especially when they deserve to be attended to( James 2:14-17)

In this case, the man (asu ekiye) is asking for his right to feed from his harvest. In James 2:18, James emphasised that show me faith and I will show u a living faith by deeds and not faith alone that is dead.

Even Isaiah 29:13-14 warns to beware of self righteous teachings not from God but made by man to rob another. Almost all disciples were gainfully employed, trading among themselves. In this present times some people are genuinely working for the Lord no doubt, while others are smart using selected man-made rules refined from the bible to extort, deceive and outsmart others in the name of worshiping God.

Like I left you with James 4:17 earlier. This is a call for religious persons/ artistes to examine themselves, be truthful to one another, careful not to shortchange others in the Lord's name. God supported trading among his children, whether product or skilled service but he condemned cheating in His name( Leviticus 25:17).

I have a cousin who got fired for she was unable to recover the debts owed by her pastor, who bought items from her company through her with his spiritual father influence.

With this call, I hope everyone will truly learn a lesson. Asu ekiye feels cheated out of his rights and source of food in God's name. Those who are involved should please come forward and clear their name. Simple.

I rest my case! smiley

Right to eat from his harvest indeed. If that's how Chris Tomlin, Don Moen, Kirk Franklin are hoarding their songs and behaving like worldlings, definitely it will not be blessed or used by God. If that was how Charles Finney and Fanny Crosby were harassing others to eat harvest, their songs will have died before them. You cannot serve God and money. Simple.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

John-Paul Nwadike Celebrates Birthday With A House & Hummer SUV / Mercy Johnson's Customized Car Number Plate (Photo) / Checkout Olamide’s Son Batifeori’s Dreads Hairstyle (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.