Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,313 members, 7,839,507 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 09:13 PM

Asu Ekiye Calls Out Gospel Artistes At The Experience - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Asu Ekiye Calls Out Gospel Artistes At The Experience (57053 Views)

Akpororo, Asu Ekiye, Others Light Up Abuja At 'A Night With The King' Concert / Return To Gospel - Asu Ekiye To Waje / Asu Ekiye And Wife, Kuni Akene Celebrate 20th Wedding Anniversary (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Asu Ekiye Calls Out Gospel Artistes At The Experience by gosmoney(m): 10:33pm On Dec 08, 2019
StagethemTVee:
Asu Ekiye Calls Out Sammie Okposo's Experience Concert Performance

Gospel Singer Asu Ekiye known for his Niger delta song woekelemo, took to his Facebook page to attack gospel artistes who perform other artistes' song during live performances.

He made direct reference to the performance of some of his colleagues at the last Experience concert which held at the Tarawa balewa square without mentioning names.

However, their has been an age long competition between Asu and Sammie Okposo who spent a lot of his allotted time singing popular choruses and hymns.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10158035738862848&id=526662847
so singing ur song dat suppose to me u happy is making u sad u dey mad broda
Re: Asu Ekiye Calls Out Gospel Artistes At The Experience by MichaelSokoto(m): 10:43pm On Dec 08, 2019
Davash222:
Who’s Asu Ekiye
this one is confaaaaamed cheese ball generation because I know that even indomie babies very well know Asu Ekiye from d past.

cool

7 Likes

Re: Asu Ekiye Calls Out Gospel Artistes At The Experience by MichaelSokoto(m): 10:45pm On Dec 08, 2019
noblealuu:
Which ever song is sung is not bad as far as God is glorified. It's not a platform for competition to outdo anyone.

Singing to promote self and receive accolades from people only glorifies self not God.

But on a lighter note, I have never heard of this name before
anoda cheese ball generation spotted!

ee be like them plenty here oo!
grin

5 Likes

Re: Asu Ekiye Calls Out Gospel Artistes At The Experience by LordTosinJ: 10:49pm On Dec 08, 2019
noblealuu:
Which ever song is sung is not bad as far as God is glorified. It's not a platform for competition to outdo anyone.

Singing to promote self and receive accolades from people only glorifies self not God.

I had to login to like your post. These people think they're there to appeal the crowd.

1 Like

Re: Asu Ekiye Calls Out Gospel Artistes At The Experience by Mariangeles(f): 11:03pm On Dec 08, 2019
Felixamos:
Please.... For those of us that were not there, did Sammy perform Asu Ekiye songs?
Re: Asu Ekiye Calls Out Gospel Artistes At The Experience by Mariangeles(f): 11:05pm On Dec 08, 2019
noblealuu:

The bible did say " let him who stole steal no longer..."

2 Likes

Re: Asu Ekiye Calls Out Gospel Artistes At The Experience by Mariangeles(f): 11:06pm On Dec 08, 2019
LordTosinJ:
I had to login to like your post. These people think they're there to appeal the crowd.
At the end of it all, they get paid.
It is not as if they're doing it for free...

4 Likes

Re: Asu Ekiye Calls Out Gospel Artistes At The Experience by Obakoolex(m): 11:12pm On Dec 08, 2019
That writer passion for gospel art is obviously for the Fortune and Fame!!!
The basis of gospel music is clearly to glorify God, as message and as a food to the soul....

Apparently, the career attributes can also not be left out but not with that such confrontation like that of a circular brand.
Re: Asu Ekiye Calls Out Gospel Artistes At The Experience by bolanto24(m): 11:12pm On Dec 08, 2019
Felixamos:
Please.... For those of us that were not there, did Sammy perform Asu Ekiye songs?

Yes.

2 Likes

Re: Asu Ekiye Calls Out Gospel Artistes At The Experience by Germi9: 11:13pm On Dec 08, 2019
Do you think it's easy to copy and still pass? It takes cleverness to spy in exams,sometimes you outshine the person u spied by topping the person in position and grade's ....chikina!!!
Re: Asu Ekiye Calls Out Gospel Artistes At The Experience by LordTosinJ: 11:17pm On Dec 08, 2019
Mariangeles:

At the end of it all, they get paid.
It is not as if they're doing it for free...
Of course they could be give small change like that as tp But they are doing the God's work and they're not entitled to any payments.
Re: Asu Ekiye Calls Out Gospel Artistes At The Experience by BluntBoy(m): 11:30pm On Dec 08, 2019
Brandstudio01:
Please someone should Remind this Dude that the Experience was God's party, not Golder or Heineken party where Artist come to size shoulders.

Your Excellency sir, with all due respect, You Need Jesus.

Little wonder you're among the Best Gospel Artists in Nigeria Presently sir

#JesusWasTheReasonForTheParty

Jesus advised us to give to Caesar what is Caesar's.

There is something called copyright law. If you sing someone else's song without crediting them, it is theft. And stealing is a sin.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asu Ekiye Calls Out Gospel Artistes At The Experience by BluntBoy(m): 11:33pm On Dec 08, 2019
Obakoolex:
That writer passion for gospel art is obviously for the Fortune and Fame!!!
The basis of gospel music is clearly to glorify God, as message and as a food to the soul....

Apparently, the career attributes can also not be left out but not with that such confrontation like that of a circular brand.

You are very wrong.

This is not about fame or fortune. This is about intellectual property. Perhaps, you don't create. But if you do, you won't like when someone comes from nowhere and uses your creation without crediting you.

Even God is a jealous God. He won't share His glory with any man.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Asu Ekiye Calls Out Gospel Artistes At The Experience by Efomeh2020(m): 11:36pm On Dec 08, 2019
There's nothing wrong in performing songs that belong to other artists. This is gospel and not secular. Foreign gospel musicians perform each other songs without any consequence.
Re: Asu Ekiye Calls Out Gospel Artistes At The Experience by Sparkle777(f): 11:48pm On Dec 08, 2019
magicminister:
He has a point but his manner of delivery would make anyone feel attacked.

He could have said something like:

“It was an honor to share the stage with all the gospel singers that graced the occasion. Personally, I feel as an industry, we can do a better job to promote creativity and originality. While we are all there to praise the lord, we are also there to showcase our talents to the people of God. We cannot fully blossom if we rob others of their Glory or consistently fail to showcase our incredible creativity.”

Shiiiit like that you know. I have lived long enough to know that the message is just as important as the delivery. If your delivery is respectful, kind and uplifting, most people will not take it as an affront.

You, my friend. Is a sharp guy. Good one.
Re: Asu Ekiye Calls Out Gospel Artistes At The Experience by Euegene100001: 11:49pm On Dec 08, 2019
What’s a great platform to worship and praise God .But the truth be told I totally was upset with Sammy the guy was just singing other peoples song almost 6 different songs non was his .Very bad.Funny undecidedOnly Sammy did that.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asu Ekiye Calls Out Gospel Artistes At The Experience by VanTee20(m): 11:49pm On Dec 08, 2019
magicminister:

“It was an honor to share the stage with all the gospel singers that graced the occasion. Personally, I feel as an industry, we can do a better job to promote creativity and originality. While we are all there to praise the lord, we are also there to showcase our talents to the people of God. We cannot fully blossom if we rob others of their Glory or consistently fail to showcase our incredible creativity.”

Shiiiit like that you know. I have lived long enough to know that the message is just as important as the delivery. If your delivery is respectful, kind and uplifting, most people will not take it as an affront.

Well said.
Re: Asu Ekiye Calls Out Gospel Artistes At The Experience by glowingflame7: 11:51pm On Dec 08, 2019
There's nothing like another person's song in true Christian music. In fact, you feel honoured when others sing your so called song. Lack of exposure and flesh is worrying this one.
Re: Asu Ekiye Calls Out Gospel Artistes At The Experience by glowingflame7: 11:54pm On Dec 08, 2019
BluntBoy:

Jesus advised us to give to Caesar what is Caesar's.

There is something called copyright law. If you sing someone else's song without crediting them, it is theft. And stealing is a sin.

The ones we sing in church and in school assembly and family devotion nko? Christian worship and praise is not secularism and business law.
Re: Asu Ekiye Calls Out Gospel Artistes At The Experience by edoairways: 11:59pm On Dec 08, 2019
noblealuu:

He is veteran in the music industry. Search for his song on youtube

1 Like

Re: Asu Ekiye Calls Out Gospel Artistes At The Experience by senator1145: 12:02am On Dec 09, 2019
Who be Asu Ekiye sef... Make he rest... Your songs being sung to praise God at such an avenue as the UNUSAUL PRAISE & THE EXPERIENCE should be something of great joy to you.
Re: Asu Ekiye Calls Out Gospel Artistes At The Experience by edoairways: 12:02am On Dec 09, 2019
Brandstudio01:
Please someone should Remind this Dude that the Experience was God's party, not Golder or Heineken party where Artist come to size shoulders.

Your Excellency sir, with all due respect, You Need Jesus.

Little wonder you're among the Best Gospel Artists in Nigeria Presently sir

#JesusWasTheReasonForTheParty
Yes it is Yeshua's party however does Don't Moen sing other people's song ?

1 Like

Re: Asu Ekiye Calls Out Gospel Artistes At The Experience by BluntBoy(m): 12:03am On Dec 09, 2019
glowingflame7:

The ones we sing in church and in school assembly and family devotion nko? Christian worship and praise is not secularism and business law.

In the form of a church service, churches don't need license to use copyrighted songs. It is called a CCLI license. It means Christian Copyright Licensing International license.

The CCLI is not a performance license. Which means if you are an artiste performing a song, this license does not protect you against charges of copyright infringement.

3 Likes

Re: Asu Ekiye Calls Out Gospel Artistes At The Experience by senator1145: 12:04am On Dec 09, 2019
If CIRCULAR ARTISTE are beefing and throwing tantrums on social media to clout chase. GOSPEL Artiste shouldn't be doing same, do it the CHRISTIAN way.

2 Likes

Re: Asu Ekiye Calls Out Gospel Artistes At The Experience by edoairways: 12:04am On Dec 09, 2019
magicminister:

PR fit you

1 Like

Re: Asu Ekiye Calls Out Gospel Artistes At The Experience by edoairways: 12:07am On Dec 09, 2019
macho44:
Shey na Dangote abi Ibeto cement?
What! grin grin grin
Re: Asu Ekiye Calls Out Gospel Artistes At The Experience by edoairways: 12:10am On Dec 09, 2019
midnighter:
Thank you! I always wondered how they got away with singing each others songs or singing the song with a different language/words with exactly the same tune lol
Same way certain Nigerians had vandalized Sinach's music "I know who am I"

1 Like

Re: Asu Ekiye Calls Out Gospel Artistes At The Experience by edoairways: 12:11am On Dec 09, 2019
therajah:

I understand you very well. If they sing the songs in cassettes then they cld acknowledge. But this is a concert. Its not for commercial purpose.
But they were paid

3 Likes

Re: Asu Ekiye Calls Out Gospel Artistes At The Experience by chigoizie7(m): 12:12am On Dec 09, 2019
He is correct, but see many people on here, calling him a hater. Nigerians are always ready and willing to settle for less.

This is like wiz kid going for a show and ends up singing Davido or Burna boy songs.

8 Likes

Re: Asu Ekiye Calls Out Gospel Artistes At The Experience by Nobody: 12:17am On Dec 09, 2019
bolanto24:

Yes.

OK... Thanks for the clarification
Re: Asu Ekiye Calls Out Gospel Artistes At The Experience by Natilolo(m): 12:57am On Dec 09, 2019
[color=#990000][/color]you are a wise fellow
magicminister:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

John-Paul Nwadike Celebrates Birthday With A House & Hummer SUV / Mercy Johnson's Customized Car Number Plate (Photo) / Checkout Olamide’s Son Batifeori’s Dreads Hairstyle (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.