Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,792 members, 7,813,622 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:06 PM

“Why We Must Control Social Media” - Garba Shehu (Buhari Spokesman) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “Why We Must Control Social Media” - Garba Shehu (Buhari Spokesman) (23422 Views)

Lithium Is The New Oil, Gov’t Must Control Its Exploitation – Malami / Garba Shehu: Buhari’s Children Have Right To Use Presidential Jet / Buhari Spokesman Festus Keyamo Caught Again Spreading Fake News (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: “Why We Must Control Social Media” - Garba Shehu (Buhari Spokesman) by INTEGRITYA1(m): 7:14am On Dec 10, 2019
Okay
Re: “Why We Must Control Social Media” - Garba Shehu (Buhari Spokesman) by Conceptman: 7:14am On Dec 10, 2019
And the bullying continues.
Re: “Why We Must Control Social Media” - Garba Shehu (Buhari Spokesman) by Emma911: 7:15am On Dec 10, 2019
Rubb!sh
Re: “Why We Must Control Social Media” - Garba Shehu (Buhari Spokesman) by Maxymilliano(m): 7:15am On Dec 10, 2019
Of all the infrastructural deficits in the country, low power generation, dysfunctional education system, lack of quality and good healthcare, why should the social media you did not invent be your headache ?

5 Likes

Re: “Why We Must Control Social Media” - Garba Shehu (Buhari Spokesman) by Homers123(m): 7:15am On Dec 10, 2019
Why is Social media so scary to this bunch of nitwits?
Re: “Why We Must Control Social Media” - Garba Shehu (Buhari Spokesman) by Onyi22(f): 7:15am On Dec 10, 2019
Re: “Why We Must Control Social Media” - Garba Shehu (Buhari Spokesman) by tunjiajayi: 7:16am On Dec 10, 2019
True
Re: “Why We Must Control Social Media” - Garba Shehu (Buhari Spokesman) by Alexaonfleek: 7:16am On Dec 10, 2019
How many laws do they enforce to check the corrupt activities of government
These countries mentioned have government who takes the interest of the masses seriously,not these rotten and lousy government whose aim in this life is to have potbellies

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: “Why We Must Control Social Media” - Garba Shehu (Buhari Spokesman) by gambia(m): 7:16am On Dec 10, 2019
Una father!
Re: “Why We Must Control Social Media” - Garba Shehu (Buhari Spokesman) by Gordson: 7:17am On Dec 10, 2019
They wanna shut us up buy force, they will all die like chicken.

Thieves

Useless and Buhari
Re: “Why We Must Control Social Media” - Garba Shehu (Buhari Spokesman) by yomtolly(f): 7:17am On Dec 10, 2019
I don't think anyone is saying it should not be regulated, what people are saying is that there is enough law in our Constitution, why not let that one be used.
Re: “Why We Must Control Social Media” - Garba Shehu (Buhari Spokesman) by Xisnin(m): 7:17am On Dec 10, 2019
Because you are scared.

1 Like

Re: “Why We Must Control Social Media” - Garba Shehu (Buhari Spokesman) by Conceptman: 7:18am On Dec 10, 2019
Is this a way to silence the people from complaining about bad, corrupt governance?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: “Why We Must Control Social Media” - Garba Shehu (Buhari Spokesman) by southsouthking(m): 7:18am On Dec 10, 2019
The same social media on which your party rode to power in 2015. If you think am lying, go ask Sowore and Lai Muhammad.

How did the saraki o to ge movement in kwara achieved it's aim?

SMH

1 Like 1 Share

Re: “Why We Must Control Social Media” - Garba Shehu (Buhari Spokesman) by crafteck(m): 7:20am On Dec 10, 2019
Racoon:
Go control BH, Fulani herdsmen, armed bandits, deteriorating economy, unemployment & leave the social media alone.

Those have caused more deaths than social media, even corruption has caused more deaths

2 Likes

Re: “Why We Must Control Social Media” - Garba Shehu (Buhari Spokesman) by Nobody: 7:20am On Dec 10, 2019
this is not a sharia state
Re: “Why We Must Control Social Media” - Garba Shehu (Buhari Spokesman) by nwamabo247(m): 7:22am On Dec 10, 2019
let see how it goes
Re: “Why We Must Control Social Media” - Garba Shehu (Buhari Spokesman) by Nobody: 7:22am On Dec 10, 2019
This is a democracy! Make Nigeria good and the people satisfied before talking about social media..

Una no want make people dey leak una dirty doings anyhow ba? We won't stand for such tyranny.
Re: “Why We Must Control Social Media” - Garba Shehu (Buhari Spokesman) by jahsharon: 7:22am On Dec 10, 2019
Racoon:
Go control BH, Fulani herdsmen, armed bandits, deteriorating economy, unemployment & leave the social media alone.

Did you read what the man said at all or you are just convulsing?
Re: “Why We Must Control Social Media” - Garba Shehu (Buhari Spokesman) by kevoh(m): 7:22am On Dec 10, 2019

7. The Nigerian Cybercrime Act 2015 prohibits
cybersquatting , which is registering or using an Internet domain name with bad faith intent to profit from the goodwill of a trademark belonging to someone else, or to profit by selling to its rightful owner. Individuals who engage in this are liable on conviction to imprisonment for a term of not less than 2 years or a fine of not less than N5 million or to both fine and imprisonment.

What sort of nonsense is this? So domain flippers should not do business. How is it my fault when I decide to buy a domain name and sell it later? Is it my fault that someone was lazy and dumb enough to register or renew his domain. angry angry
Re: “Why We Must Control Social Media” - Garba Shehu (Buhari Spokesman) by ojuu4u(m): 7:23am On Dec 10, 2019
I stand with Buhari on this, someone can not sit down at corner of his or her room and be posting injurious/damaging information on faceless forum, which can lead to crisis and eventually death, one must verify information before dishing it out.
I even suggest that every internet user must have verified account before he or she is allowed to post any comment online,

Experience on Nairaland alone is enough, I believed if Nairaland is not a faceless forum, people will think twice before posting irrelevant comments that have been associated with Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: “Why We Must Control Social Media” - Garba Shehu (Buhari Spokesman) by ojojameso(m): 7:23am On Dec 10, 2019
I quite ok this but we should do it with:
1 political lotters
2 government lotters
3 boko haram caught members
4 herdsmen
5 militant
6. rapist. These are all vices in our nation and law is to be promulgated to deal with the offender.
And not to come up with a very one that affects us because of the government, people must talk about the government that is bad in a nation.
Re: “Why We Must Control Social Media” - Garba Shehu (Buhari Spokesman) by LordPsalm(m): 7:25am On Dec 10, 2019
And the *Govt* has done us MORE harm than good as well
Re: “Why We Must Control Social Media” - Garba Shehu (Buhari Spokesman) by VanGap: 7:25am On Dec 10, 2019
donbrowser:
"The monkeys and baboons will be soaked in blood"
Nobody was arrested for this statement
Another governor said "they will return in bodybags". Nothing happened.

Seun once predicted this and he has earned my respect this morning.

Every nairalander should note this today that this government is afraid of the people. There's so much to this social media bill. If you let them silence you, they will start unleashing the plans because you can't talk.

They have done a lot of homework and believe that Nigerians protest heavily on social media against every unfavorable plans. For example increase in price of data back then followed by Ruga.

Ogun kee everyone supporting this stupid idea. If you quote me and say nonsense you will die miserably too.

This one is for DSS, don't even think about arresting me cos you can't get me alive. I rather die than be your dog.

Enough said!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why This Borno Man Loves Buhari(photo) / Yobe Residents Climb Trees To See President Buhari During His Visit / Gov. Ortom And Suswam Reconcile.see How They Hugged Each Other(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.