Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,907 members, 7,814,068 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:17 AM

How To Stop 419 and Yahoo Boys - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How To Stop 419 and Yahoo Boys (9840 Views)

SEE how Yahoo Boys are Using BVN to Scam Nigerians (Pictured) / 20 Yahoo-Yahoo Boys Arrested In Benin City / Efcc Storms Benin And Yahoo Boys Jump From Roof Tops! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Stop 419 and Yahoo Boys by natur(m): 4:05am On Jun 02, 2007
ifababa:

Yeah ,you know the way i term EFCC, ??, Its just another medium for legalising your advanced fraud scheme, If Ribadu,the so called Obasanjo's Police dog would find it difficult to probe its owner of so many allegation about financial misconduct, then what are you saying? or whats its use?, Youre then telling me that the only way to legalise your fraud scheme is to have a connection at the highest order with the Mr Ribadu and Efcc associates, Then it doesnt matter what you do, hmmm ? is that what youre telling me, ?because thats what EFCC is, ?

Bullshit, So let this guys be until we have a real stanard measure of purity, because Ribadu himself is not pure and thats what im saying,

Well for purity i'd suggest one of Fela's Idea, Let this people in goverment swear by the gods [Sango,Oya,Ifa.Amadioha,Ogun , etc.]before going into office instead of doing it in the samely corrupt courts that we have in the country, All bullshit,

If we talk about a first class degree purity then nobody will be left out. We will all visit the jail at a go. And, if that be the case nothing will be worked out because it's funny to have nigerians in prison at a time. And, even if that could be possible, it's like having another view for a normal life.
Re: How To Stop 419 and Yahoo Boys by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jun 02, 2007
The chart of how deep and where to start tackling yahoo yahoo.

CORRUPT GOVT : 50% ( brings about uneloyment, infrastrustural decay and very low standard of living)
OYIBOS' GREED : 35%
INEFFECTIVE LAWS : 10%
MATERIALISM : 5% (as a result of the above listed)
Re: How To Stop 419 and Yahoo Boys by warfarian(m): 1:25am On Jun 03, 2007
DENT! if e wan dent our image make e dent am, we get image before, the one wey we get Obasanjo and his cohorts neva dent am b4, who even introduce this topic self, oboy you dey provoke person ohhh, make una think am, how una go take stop yahoo ohh, if una think na hypertension, NA 4EVA!, how much yahoo boys dey collect, you as a citizen of this country you know no say, if govt dey pay you, i mean everybody each 5,000 every week, our country go still beta pass as e dey so, you know how much them dey loot out of this country, i fear you ohhhhh

the way i eve look the matter self, na pay back be this, the white wey kom here use mirroe deceive our forefathers komot, go put them for slavery, now its pay back time, this nigerian generation no mumu as our fathers be b4, in short na them be out mumu, magaaaaa, them deserve am, i no dey blame the yahoo boys, ITS PAY BACK TIME BABY!

I GET 1 single wey i wan release soon, na about all these stufff, this na some of the lyrics

we play the game that makes white restless
we run the shows that make dudes clap for us
the FBI is finding a way to cramp us
and the EFCC is trying to mke name out of us
Oh My God! what a wasted time boy

you will love it i bet you

whatever thats worth doing is worth doing well

try to be the best of what you are doing, its the white that introduces scam, but its just nigerians know how to do it best, if EFCC near una, make una design them with bottles

lol
Re: How To Stop 419 and Yahoo Boys by ckenneths(m): 11:31am On Jun 03, 2007
Corruption is the dirtiest disease worrying this country, worse than AIDS,leprosy and any other smelly thing you can think of.
Its the reason why we are so poor, and the cycle of poverty cannot be broken unless the perpetrators of these evil acts are brought to book.
I dont care what name you choose to call it, it can be govt. embezzlement, 419, pick pockets, over invoicing, contract scams or even stealing a cube of maggi. They are all bad things that should only be abhorred.

419 is dirty and no matter how the perpetrators want to explain it away by masking the name as reparation, or a means of survival, it will continue to be evil. An armed robber and a prostitute may have their reason for getting into the crime they commit, but that will never make the larger society to view the crime with any less apathy.

For the yahoo boys, continue to ply your trade, there's always the long arm of the law to catch you. But your concience will turn out to be your worst punisher. Ask all other crooks how they feel.
Re: How To Stop 419 and Yahoo Boys by angel101(f): 10:45am On Jun 04, 2007
I am sick of recieving these 419 e mails. where can i report them? i have been on EFCC website but there is no place to report a fraudulent email. anybody know what i can do now?
Re: How To Stop 419 and Yahoo Boys by omoge(f): 10:56am On Jun 04, 2007
you not alone. for a while now i observed i am free from them. what i did was whenever they write me which was so frequently before, i just click on reply and type ''ole, crook, crook, theif, theif, thief, barawo banza, if you write here again, am forwarding your email address to fbi and efcc they work together and they will fish you out wherever you are. i have warned you ole (i repeat ole and theif so many times and i put everything in big and bold mighty letters). i don't hear from them anymore lol.

that is what they are and i tell them straight lol and had fun doing it  wink grin grin
Re: How To Stop 419 and Yahoo Boys by natur(m): 6:59pm On Jun 04, 2007
@warfarian
I had wanted to justify this act of yahoo yahoo of a thing with the same points you highlighted here. But, tell you what? it's a biased mind that let the thing up in your head the way you are viewing it. Otherwise, tell me if this white men, or whosoever you want to vent this things upon are the same wicked folks that robbed our fathers of whatever they had. It's a clear fact that the mugus you talked about are the criminal-minded folks but that does not justify the means of the scammers.

@nuzo
Thumbs up! I agree with you. But, tell me any website you can order something from the comfort of your room and had it delivered like a room service, here in Nigeria. I mean, making online purchases. Visit every site, and Nigeria will have no room for payment. This is enough reason to tell you that we are losing at the long run of it. Let us contribute in our migre ways, and sanitize our land.
Re: How To Stop 419 and Yahoo Boys by Soundmind(m): 11:15am On Jun 05, 2007
What an interesting topic. Kudos to the poster.
Personally, i think Nigeria is not ready to fight 419 and yahoo boys. As Pius Okigbo said "we are all casualties" Ribadu, Ayola, Police etc are there, lets tell our selves the truth. How much do Nigeria earn in a day? No one knows. About 85% if Nigerians are not sure of there next meal. They are very fearful of tomorrow that given any chance, they will compromise. How can Ota farm that cannot produce more than =N= 30000 in 1998 produce more than 30m monthly in 1997 without external borrowing. Before 1999 OBJ do not worth up to 10m,today he worths more than 50b. In 1999, OBJ have only 1 farm{Ota}, today he have more than 10 expansive and expensive farms scattered every where in the country. Have you not heard of Bode George and =N=85b waste in NPA? Is he not walking free today? What of Tony Anineh and =N=300m? The list is endless they are all walking free in the society. Recall Banigo of All States, Wagbara of Hallmark, Saraki of SGNB Nwobodo of Savana and others. They are free but those innocent citizens that banked with them are crying. Where do i start, where do i stop? Who new Dangote, Otedola, Jimoh Ibrahim, Corporate Nigeria, Adenuga etc before 1999? What was there worth then? Who are they today? What is our oil revenue since 1999 till date? what is revenue from solid minerals? What happened to Abacha's loot recovered? How much did FIRS and NCS earn. What revenue came from the ports? Oh i cry. A cry for help, a cry for mercy, a cry to my saviour. Pls, these days, i want to think less of Nigeria in order not to be more angry. A local govt chairman in Nigeria earns more than a professor in the university. An aide to the governor in Nigeria can pay the salary of ten primary school in Nigeria and remain comfortable. A presidatial aide can pay salary of all non academic staff of a high institution ans shout no shaking. Police check point abounds here and there even some without gun and walkie-talkie, they blocks road with heavy log of wood to collect "bush allowance". Last year, Fed Govt of Nigeria decieved farmers that they will give out loan to them if they form co-operative society. Many borrowed money while others liquidated there account to pursue the loan and build a bigger farm. Today they are all crying that the loan they no see, their money, the no see. I am a victim of that because my father borrowed heavily to join a co-operative society. Pls, who is deceiving who in this country? In 2002 or 2003, Obasanjo delivered a message "I see hope", today the hope is still very far to be seen. I hope he have not dahed the hope he saw.
Presently Nigeria is not ready and willing to fight corruption. We only want to deceive other showing the nigerian in us. Those being fought are those that are in the black book of the presidency
If we want to fight corruption in Nigeria, Govt should to seize all property of past and present political office holders that he did not declare before assuming the post. Arrest those public office holders and try them of corruption. Make Political post very less attractive .Provide quality and non stop education, health care and energy,good road, rehabilitate old farm settlement. If this is done, unemployment is reduced by about 60% or more. Salary and pension should be paid as at when due. Salary review for civil servants should be on done once a year or two years not once in life time as seen here. Allowance is right of workers then why is it politicised? Coal coporation workers are owed 18 months salary while some pensioniers are owed up to 20 months arrears. What advice do you think such people will give his relative in position of authority now as per public finance.

@etauso,
I realy understand how you feel. The problem is not mostly from the led, it is from the leaders. If the leader is ready to change, we will change with them but if they are not ready to change how can you change what does not want a change. I know some of the yahoo boys but what do i do with them. I only distance myself from them and go my way.
Re: How To Stop 419 and Yahoo Boys by etauso(m): 11:37pm On Jun 08, 2007
We spoilt Nigerians have been so engrossed with this mess that we have forgotten what the bible says in Luke 18:20 You know the commandments: Do not commit adultery, do not kill, do not steal, do not witness falsely, honor your father and your mother and Mark 10:19 You know the commandments: Do not kill, do not commit adultery, do not steal, do not bear false witness, do not defraud, honor your father and mother.
I want you all to join hands and heads together and reveal this 419 and yahoo boys alongside their locations, so that the EFCC and other groups responsible for this can react and take necessary action.
Col 1:14 In Whom we have our redemption {through His blood,} [which means] the forgiveness of our sins.
Re: How To Stop 419 and Yahoo Boys by zionking(m): 9:34am On Jul 16, 2007
If we had issues to iron out, we should find out what the issues are, what caused them and how to resolve them equitably.

One primary issue i see in our country is that "in the midst of plenty, a vast number of nigerians are suffering".

In the midst of plenty it takes 12 hours to drive from Lagos to Benin city because of the horrible road. In the midst of plenty, every middle class household owns 2 or 3 generators because there is no electricity. In the midst of plenty, an oil-producing country does not have enough fuel in filling stations. In the midst of plenty, an oil producing country sells a litter of fuel for 130 naira per liter ($4 per gallon). In the midst of plenty 1000 naira telephone card gets you 10 minutes of talk time (77 cents per minute), if the call is not dropped. In the midst of plenty, there is no functional land phone which will facilitate business through data movement (fax, internet and video). In the midst of plenty 99% of Nigerians go hungry daily. Isn’t the price of crude oil gone pass $70 per barrel? Didn’t we base our national annual budget on about $33 per barrel of oil receipt? What happened to all the left-over money? No matter how ordinary this analogy is, it is common sense.

To address all these and other issues, we need good governance that will address people's concerns and interests. We need to Probe the last oil minister in the last 8 years in the name of Mr. Obasanjo and his partners in crime, for spearheading these decays. He should be relieved of the position of Chairman of the board of trustees of their PDD. His being there gives the impression that it is business as usual.

If this illegitimate government can address the questions of electricity, roads, land phone, energy price, water, independent INEC, Independent Judiciary, Professional Police Department, decaying Educational Institutions, Niger Delta concerns, Youth Unemployment, Agriculture and preservation of food, traditional banking industry (not trading banks) and more prisons to hold these criminals that are using the world’s most legalized weapon (the pen) to yahoolize the poor Nigerians and siphon our money abroad thereby giving the Oyibo’s the impression that all Nigerians are criminals, we will have a Nigeria of envy to the whole world.

One Love
Re: How To Stop 419 and Yahoo Boys by seunniji(m): 11:44pm On Aug 03, 2007
Oh check out the millions this boys make out of this yahoo stuff , no one will want to stop it , nothin the govenment can do than to get of internet in nigeria
Re: How To Stop 419 and Yahoo Boys by mayweather(m): 1:10am On Apr 07, 2008
Anyway friends,i must tell u i am happy to be part of this forum,my comments commence on my next post, thank you.

1 Like

Re: How To Stop 419 and Yahoo Boys by mizzlanae(f): 3:44pm On Apr 28, 2008
Everyone thinks they have the solution to this problem, as well as many other problems that are so much bigger than ourselves. We all want to play judge and jury,Then there are those that just want to have something to say. Well I too have something to say. " Proverbs 3:5" and "2 Corinthians 10:4" For all of you theologians, Get back to the BOOK. Don't you realize that these things must take place in order for prophecy to be fullfilled? God says he will give Wisdom freely to anyone who asks, If the victims were being wise they would not be Victims. We have all been a fool at times and we have all been 419 boys and girls at one point in our lives. Look how long it took us to realize our wrongs,and some of us still haven't realized it. One true fact is GOD ALWAYS WINS IN THE END!!! we just want some of the credit for cracking the code. Sorry to disappoint you all, You cannot take honor from God. This is his Job,Let him do it."Vengeance is mine saith the Lord" Hebrews 10:30, Romans 12:19. [color=#770077][/color]

Re: How To Stop 419 and Yahoo Boys by lucabrasi(m): 5:22pm On Apr 28, 2008
frankly i think going round and round blaming the yahoo yahoo guys and gurls and telling us how evil they are will not solve anything,also shouting and calling on hail fire and brimstone on them will not lessen it or eradicate it ,the worst you will achieve is to drive it underground, let me use this analogy for people saying the situation in nigeria is no excuse, you have rich parents who do not take care of you or give you any food,in yur anger and frustration and in extreme hunger you sneak into your parents bedroom to get some food,getting there you find 200,000 naira, will you take only 200 naira enough to feed you just that once or will you take something more bearing in mind that you might not have that opportunity again?thats the way the yahoo thing is, rather than shouting punish them,kill them,deal with them,extend your hands of help and friendship,mentorship to these youngsters under the bridge on your way to work,help that boy u always ignore or throw a few nairas whenever he cleans your window through school, some of the people shouting here to crucify them are confortable in their individual businesses or jobs,

how many young people have you taken from the gutters and helped through school or a trade?
how many young people have you volunteered to mentor in a positive way?
how many students or prospective students who have come to you for help with their tution have you helped?
for the ones living abroad,how many hungry youngsters have you seen on your way from uk/america to your house and offered to help?
how many have you oppressed with your phonetics and spending some dollars or pounds to show them you have arrived??
please let us look inwards within ourelves and ponder on these questions,
theres the ford foundation in america,ophrah winfrey foundation,ted turner,jimmy carter,bill clinton,elton john all of them are white people and they have used their time and money to help the less priviledged, we all know what lady diana did for africa even though she didnt have to, WHAT HAVE YOU DONE FOR NIGERIANS LESS PRIVILEDGED,AND THESE YAHOO YAHOO YOUTHS BEFORE SHOUTING FOR THEIR HEAD??
Re: How To Stop 419 and Yahoo Boys by tck2000(m): 12:54pm On Sep 09, 2019
Introducing Death Sentence

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Police Recover 13 Transformers, Arrest 137 Suspects In A’ibom / Two Nigerians And A Filipino Kidnap A Japanese Engineer In Malaysia / 'My cousin taught me how to steal from shops' – 22-year old suspect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.