Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,484 members, 7,830,445 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:20 PM

Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) (62449 Views)

Enugu State Builds Roads To Connect Roads Accross Thick Forests / This Village Has No Roads, The Only Means Of Transportation Is By Boat / Retired Aircraft Hauled Across Roads To Become New Attraction In Hotel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by Sirwavy(m): 10:33am On Dec 26, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
Lol instead to call their leader they will not. But they will rather criticize Ibadan. No place in yoruba land look like this.
Don’t mind them, they can go to foreign lands to hustle but can’t develop their states smh

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by XANDERBOY85: 10:34am On Dec 26, 2019
The moderator that pushed this thread to front page, has he/she confirmed these pics are recent? Did it rain recently in the past three/four days in Aba?

Also, people living in Aba that recognise the areas shown in those pics, should go out today that's a public holiday to take current pics of the area to either confirm or refute the claims made by the OP! Abians are generally nonchalant and have a cavalier attitude to governance and promoting their cities....always thinking someone else should do it!
Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by azikiweironsi(m): 10:34am On Dec 26, 2019
Afamed:
The bitter children LZAA and Imhotep are nowhere to be seen. They are more concerned about Tinubu and Osinbajo

grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by 8stargeneral: 10:36am On Dec 26, 2019
Aba is d worst State in Nigeria... orji uzo kalu said he has his consistuent at heart ,that they should grant him bail to go and see them....imagine see where human beings reside....orji uzo kalu u will die in prison!

1 Like

Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by Agugbadin: 10:36am On Dec 26, 2019
So Gov Ipeazu has been deceiving us with those pictures and advertisements that he is constructing roads, anyway there enough time to get it right so that he will not end up like Oriji Kalu and very soon Theodore Orji

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by Charly68: 10:36am On Dec 26, 2019
The state has been so unlucky in governance . Nothing change from the time of the present man that is now in prison. Why did they refuse to develop their industrial city ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by ridwanlawal: 10:37am On Dec 26, 2019
Sorry brother take heart I feel for you Those your friends hmmmmmm #I comment my Reserve

1 Like

Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by blowjohn(m): 10:37am On Dec 26, 2019
safarigirl:
Quite a stretch to be honest. My worst traveling experiences have been in the South South axis, especially Benin and Asaba.

Av stayed in benin for at least 7 years. It's not as bad as abia though.
Theirs is more of draining issues. And they r constantly fixing roads in Benin though most times they don't do standard work.
As for asaba, I can't say much.

1 Like

Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by XANDERBOY85: 10:37am On Dec 26, 2019
Outreachms:
Which part of Aba is this? at least give us a complete view Aba is not that Aba, Aba has lots of motorable roads and street no one should come here and post nonsense

The OP should tell us which streets/markets these are, so anyone living in Aba could go out and take recent pics of the area!

Abia1stSon
Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by Paul112(m): 10:38am On Dec 26, 2019
Aba is a Refuse dump site

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by Enemyofpeace: 10:40am On Dec 26, 2019
When they won't stay to develop their home towns, but will be rushing to to develop other people's lands

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by livinbygrace: 10:40am On Dec 26, 2019
Kpoikpoi:
This is why they are all moving to the Niger Delta.
You want Biafra but you can't even develop the 5 tiny states you have.
We need to send all those Okoro immigrants back to Aba.
Yeye people.

That’s why some landlords don’t like to take them in as tenants because ,you give them a new house now and by the time you come back,you will be sorry for yourself .

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by sammirano: 10:42am On Dec 26, 2019
We know already the condition of their state. Thats why they are littered everywhere in south west. But the most annoying part is, they will not remain gentle, but choose to chest beat, and if we threaten them now, they will become cold like Coldstone. I like this people.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by sammirano: 10:43am On Dec 26, 2019
livinbygrace:

That’s why some landlords don’t like to take them in as tenants because ,you give them a new house now and by the time you come back,you will be sorry for yourself .

Thatsnotthe only reason oo, they can go as far as telling the landlord that he doesnt have right on his house. It's that bad

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by Amalekki: 10:43am On Dec 26, 2019
If you are laughing at Aba people then you are missing the point of this thread which I consider a blessing. As Nigerians, for how long are we going to keep shielding our wicked looters at local & state levels? By exposing stuff like this, we get yabbed online but we are essentially contributing to the solution.

Not too long ago, a child complained about the deplorable state of her local school in Delta State. Attention of millions shifted to the problem, today that axis have witnessed huge upgrade as those stealing the budgeted allocations faced the spotlight.

Do you want a solution or do you prefer to paper the filth to look good outside? I know my choice. Aba & other places in Nigeria will become places of pride in the near future if we keep exposing the thieves & criminals looting the government allocations & revenue.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by ppogba: 10:44am On Dec 26, 2019
alpontif:
I had the misfortune of serving in Aba like ten years ago, it is basically the Dirtiest Environment I have ever had to stay at, more surprising to me given the Slander Igbo people carry about Yoruba people been dirty, take it from me, the dirtiest place in Yoruba Land is far far tidier and cleaner than ABA, especially ABA south, all that Obohia ariaria areas, people are literally living in slums and on refuse dumps....

Very very very Dirty City...., terrible roads, no drainage....

Chai, I suffered that year...

Your comment shows that we are not moving forward in Nigeria.

I served in ABA between 98 and 99 (over 20 years ago) and the story was the same then. Probably worse then.

Obohia street you mentioned was close to where I stayed and I could remember I spent a fortune buying insecticides.

The whole length of NGWA ROAD was divided with refuse and cemetary road from Ngwa road junction was something else.

It amazes me when people from that side abuse other parts of NIGERIA.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by Joshuazedd(m): 10:46am On Dec 26, 2019
Believe me Aba is bad. School in Aba but these are obviously old pictures and Aba roads are not 95% bad especially in dry season

1 Like

Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by IgboSomalia: 10:47am On Dec 26, 2019
Abians are happy with the way Abia is. It is worse than Somalia but because they don't want others to laugh at them, they don't want to criticise Ikpeazu.

These ungrateful parasites elect terrible people to lead them and then run to other people's lands to enjoy proper leadership.

Ordinary to clear refuse, they can't clear refuse. Shameless Abians.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by Abia1stSon: 10:48am On Dec 26, 2019
XANDERBOY85:

The OP should tell us which streets/markets these are, so anyone living in Aba could go out and take recent pics of the area!

Abia1stSon

That's NGWA ROAD. Anyone in Aba should confirm it and get back to us here and now

1 Like

Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by Jaqenhghar: 10:50am On Dec 26, 2019
Sammy07:
The governor, ex governors, senators, ex senators, house of reps, ex house of reps, the engineers( constructing firms) and the residents should be held responsible....

They would rather use the money to buy choeftancy titles and cars ( with the blessings of the people). Someone just posted that you cant use cars in that place

3 Likes

Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by Joshuazedd(m): 10:50am On Dec 26, 2019
ppogba:

I served in ABA between 98 and 99 (over 20 years ago) and the story was the same then. Probably worse then.

Obohia street you mentioned was close to where I stayed and I could remember I spent a fortune buying insecticides.

The whole length of NGWA ROAD was divided with refuse and cemetary road from Ngwa road junction was something else.

Obohia is still bad till now. intact if it rains car no fit pass, not to talk of human. but these pictures are obviously old pictures. this is dry season
Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by Neoteny(m): 10:51am On Dec 26, 2019
They say they're the greatest business people the world had ever seen

They say their technology is unsurpassed

They say they don't need government to thrive

They say they're the best developers ever

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by semyman: 10:51am On Dec 26, 2019
Let all their attention be on Buhari, they will soon wake up to realize how stupid they have been

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by Nobody: 10:52am On Dec 26, 2019
Amalekki:
If you are laughing at Aba people then you are missing the point of this thread which I consider a blessing. As Nigerians, for how long are we going to keep shielding our wicked looters at local & state levels? By exposing stuff like this, we get yabbed online but we are essentially contributing to the solution.

Not too long ago, a child complained about the deplorable state of her local school in Delta State. Attention of millions shifted to the problem, today that axis have witnessed huge upgrade as those stealing the budgeted allocations faced the spotlight.

Do you want a solution or do you prefer to paper the filth to look good outside? I know my choice. Aba & other places in Nigeria will become places of pride in the near future if we keep exposing the thieves & criminals looting the government allocations & revenue.

In the US, when a problem is sighted, it is followed by empathy and unified call for government rescue. In Nigeria, it's mockery to the region in question. We need exposure in the country.

7 Likes

Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by Jaqenhghar: 10:52am On Dec 26, 2019
...and they believe all these will change when Biafra is actualized
[img]https://media1./images/5e8064f5b3227aaf850e34ccd6e87313/tenor.gif?itemid=4869652[/img]

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by azikiweironsi(m): 10:52am On Dec 26, 2019
ppogba:

You mind them.
They jump to any thread to always wail. Especially hearing the word Tinubu alone makes them grow goose pimples.
But still move down to Lagos in droves daily. Shows no aota of respect to anyone including their host rather they resulted in all manners of name callings.
Children of hates and perdition. Ingrates.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by Basher8583: 10:53am On Dec 26, 2019
blowjohn:
But u people are clamouring for biafra as if u will not have people ruling u.
U people don't go after ur governors and other grassroots leaders.
In fact no state in the south east gives hope.
And this goes to all the other regions too.
The day we start holding our governors accountable and voting only good ones is the day we will reap benefits.
If u doubt me, let someone name 3 governors in the last 30 years that has left a lasting legacy in his state.
Am waiting.

Tinubu (Lagos), Fashola (Lagos), Ajimobi (Oyo state), Ganduje (Kano)

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by Joshuazedd(m): 10:53am On Dec 26, 2019
Agugbadin:
So Gov Ipeazu has been deceiving us with those pictures and advertisements that he is constructing roads, anyway there enough time to get it right so that he will not end up like Oriji Kalu and very soon Theodore Orji

Roads to construct in Aba can not be finished even if concentrates on for 8years but roads have been built. the 2 orji's never touched Aba
Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by itzprezy(m): 10:53am On Dec 26, 2019
This kinda scenario plenty for South South States..itiz not a surprise

1 Like

Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by colestephan86: 10:53am On Dec 26, 2019
Abia1stSon:
I just returned to Abia state, right now in Aba to see some of my family and friends. I have not been to Aba in the past few years, just got there now, this is condition of Aba at Christmas.

There's harmattan season but not in Aba, there are filthy environments and dirty water settling every where . This is how at least 95% of Aba looks.

Who did we offend in Abia state. Right now I am ashamed of being an Abia indigene. My friends from Delta, Anambra, Enugu even Ebonyi are now laughing at me.

What should I do now?
They blame the government for everything, was it the government that dumped the waste ?

2 Likes

Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by Jaqenhghar: 10:54am On Dec 26, 2019
ThreeBlackBird:

In the US, when a problem is sighted, it is followed by empathy and unified call for government rescue. In Nigeria, it's mockery to the region in question. We need exposure in the country.
Nope when a problem is sighted steps are taken to rectify that issue amd ensure it never happens again.
In Nigger country they will spend time pointing fingers then those responsible will make excuses

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Over 200 Bodies Lay Along The Route To The Top Of Mountain Everest(Pics & Video) / Nigeria Ineligible For US DV-2015 / Extremely Beautiful Photos Of Nigeria You Will Find Hard To Believe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.