Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,360 members, 7,829,914 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:40 PM

Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) (62440 Views)

Enugu State Builds Roads To Connect Roads Accross Thick Forests / This Village Has No Roads, The Only Means Of Transportation Is By Boat / Retired Aircraft Hauled Across Roads To Become New Attraction In Hotel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by Abagworo(m): 10:55am On Dec 26, 2019
ProWalker:

Sharrappp

Show me anywhere like this in Abeokuta

No I don't want ethnic clash over a stupid post by an Anambra man jealous of his sister State.

This is Onitsha

2 Likes

Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by Nobody: 10:55am On Dec 26, 2019
chef22991578729:
Where are my Abia brothers like okpalanambra aka chef2000.

Aba is a disgusting sewage pit toilet.
So is lagos grin
Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by Walexsammy(m): 10:56am On Dec 26, 2019
Yes Aba is bleeped up, Aba is dirty, but to say this is how 98% of Aba Look is really very stupid and disturbing. I think it's this type of your posts that made them to want to clamp down on social media. I've spent my entire adult life in Aba. Those your pictures if I'm not mistaken should be
around High life market, which are definitely true.
Cc @Electronzeez

1 Like

Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by Jaqenhghar: 10:57am On Dec 26, 2019
Basher8583:

Tinubu (Lagos), Fashola (Lagos), Ajimobi (Oyo state), Ganduje (Kano)

[img]https://media1./images/7d5b9d7341d10667f2867a892370eb28/tenor.gif?itemid=13738821[/img]

I wanted to talk. Bit you probably dont know the meaning of legacy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by Nobody: 10:57am On Dec 26, 2019
Akathriel:
No wonder they're all running to the West-Side to come explore the land of Milk & Honey.

And in spite of our hospitality & accommodating gestures, they look for every opportunity to calling us Brown-Roof Republic. grin

Yorubas are not accommodating igbos in the SW, don't try to be daft pls
Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by ukahrawah: 10:58am On Dec 26, 2019
What is wrong with gov okezie ikpeazu?
Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by alpontif(m): 10:59am On Dec 26, 2019
ppogba:

Your comment shows that we are not moving forward in Nigeria.

I served in ABA between 98 and 99 (over 20 years ago) and the story was the same then. Probably worse then.

Obohia street you mentioned was close to where I stayed and I could remember I spent a fortune buying insecticides.

The whole length of NGWA ROAD was divided with refuse and cemetary road from Ngwa road junction was something else.

It amazes me when people from that side abuse other parts of NIGERIA.

Egbon,

You understand what I passed through exactly!.....I actually lived in Obohia......chai....what a terrible experience!!

Uncle, do you know there was a day I had to take night bus to Lagos, I had booked the ticket and went back to the house to carry my bag, on my way going back to the park , na so this rain just start....my God, come and see flooding everywhere, I had to enter the flood water, extremely dirty black, debris filled water, in pouring rain, I was struggling and pushing against flood water that was trying to carry me away...with other people, all the way from Obohia till somewhere close to the park...

Haa!!....may even my enemy not have that kind of terrible experience

4 Likes

Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by TEDHorsePower: 10:59am On Dec 26, 2019
Stupid envious bastard. Why are you crying over this thread? This thread was created by an envious bastard from Imo state, but he forgot that Owerri and Aba looks alike

This is Owerri

[s]
Abagworo:

No I don't want ethnic clash over a stupid post by an Anambra man jealous of his sister State.
his is Onitsha
[/s]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by Nobody: 10:59am On Dec 26, 2019
Magicians:
It is official Aba n Abia is now firmly in the hand of the devil. but my brother keep wailing about Tinubu n Sanwo that as been commissing project less than a year in office while Ikpeazu commission none payment of salary gratuity n pension for 5 solid years in a row back to back.

Tiffnubu is a thief.

Nigerians cant stop talking about him
Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by Electronzeez(m): 11:02am On Dec 26, 2019
Walexsammy:
Yes Aba is bleeped up, Aba is dirty, but to say this is how 98% of Aba Look is really very stupid and disturbing. I think it's this type of your posts that made them to want to clamp down on social media. I've spent my entire adult life in Aba. Those your pictures if I'm not mistaken should be
around High life market, which are definitely true.
Cc @Electronzeez

The lying liar busted .
Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by doczero: 11:03am On Dec 26, 2019
So sorry my brother. Take solace in the fact that more Abia past and present governors will end up in jail soon. Any Igbo governor that plays with Aba, Enugu, Onitsha, and Nnewi will definitely end up in jail.
Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:03am On Dec 26, 2019
Jaqenhghar:

Nope when a problem is sighted steps are taken to rectify that issue amd ensure it never happens again.
In Nigger country they will spend time pointing fingers then those responsible will make excuses

What happens first is that irrespective of background, all Americans rise to the occasion, show empathy and call out their leaders in one voice. Knowing they are united, their leaders heed to their cry.

In Nigeria, tribalism and religion divides us into sections and our leaders thrive happily in their incompetence.

5 Likes

Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by Miner13: 11:05am On Dec 26, 2019
Unbiased1:

You better shut up
do you mean abia the home of sewage and dirty beings?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by Anambralstson: 11:05am On Dec 26, 2019
Abia1stSon:
I just returned to Abia state, right now in Aba to see some of my family and friends. I have not been to Aba in the past few years, just got there now, this is condition of Aba at Christmas.

There's harmattan season but not in Aba, there are filthy environments and dirty water settling every where . This is how at least 95% of Aba looks.

Who did we offend in Abia state. Right now I am ashamed of being an Abia indigene. My friends from Delta, Anambra, Enugu even Ebonyi are now laughing at me.

What should I do now?
Lalasticlala, this post is a dubious post, not every rubbish post one fabricate you guys will send to front page, always verify, the pictures are old pictures, moreover we are in dry season, you can see the pictures are during raining season, only God knows when they were taken.
Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by JONNYSPUTE(m): 11:07am On Dec 26, 2019
ukahrawah:
What is wrong with gov okezie ikpeazu?
.. He is the worst govonor in South East for now.The man is a disgrace to governance. What befall OUK will soon be his portion.

2 Likes

Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:09am On Dec 26, 2019
Akathriel:
No wonder they're all running to the West-Side to come explore the land of Milk & Honey.

And in spite of our hospitality & accommodating gestures, they look for every opportunity to calling us Brown-Roof Republic. grin

some people go commit suicide if den see dis o

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by Orpe7(m): 11:11am On Dec 26, 2019
Poto poto republic
Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by Anambralstson: 11:13am On Dec 26, 2019
TEDHorsePower:
Stupid envious bastard. Why are you crying over this thread? This thread was created by an envious bastard from Imo state, but he forgot that Owerri and Aba looks alike

This is Owerri

[s][/s]
Serious I don't what is wrong with you
Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by Anambralstson: 11:15am On Dec 26, 2019
NGWA HIGH SCHOOL AXIS OF ABA OWERRI ROAD HAS BEEN OPENED FOR COMMUTERS.

The Honourable Commissioner for Works, Abia State, Bob Chiedozie Ogu who was addressing motorist during the formal opening of the road, expressed satisfaction on the quality of job executed by the contractor and for delivering the job as scheduled.
He urged him to maintain the same standard as he commences on the second phase of the road project.

It will be recalled that the commissioner had earlier promised in one of his inspection visits to the site that the road will be opened before the Yuletide and today the road has been completed and opened for the commuters to ease traffic.

Barr. Bob Ogu used the opportunity to remind traders doing business on that road of the ban on Street trading by the Abia State government and directed them to stop trading on that road as he will not tolerate any further business activities on that road.
He warned road users to desist from illegal dumping of refuse on the road or inside the drainage channels.

Speaking while opening the road, the Managing Director, Track Care Construction Company, Mr Timothy Iheoma said the construction of Aba- Owerri road will be done in phases, promising the immediate commencement of the second phase which starts from Winners junction to MCC junction.

He used the opportunity to thank the Abia State Governor, Dr Okezie Ikpeazu for making funds available while appreciating the efforts of the hon. commissioner for his support in realization of this project. He reiterated his commitment to maintain the same standard on the remaining parts of the road project.

In their seperate speeches, Mr Uche Obiora, a bus driver and Mr Lawrence Onyeukwu, a Keke driver said the opening of the road which was blocked because of the road construction, will put an end to the incessant traffic jam being experienced at winners junction.
They thanked the Governor Ikpeazu for his leadership strides which has recorded another success today.

1 Like

Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by ProWalker: 11:16am On Dec 26, 2019
Abagworo:

This is Onitsha

All states are like this from a bird eye view. You won’t like the street level view of that same place

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by Anambralstson: 11:16am On Dec 26, 2019
More

1 Like

Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by Anambralstson: 11:19am On Dec 26, 2019
Pictures posted by Op are old pictures not new pictures.
Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by Outreachms: 11:19am On Dec 26, 2019
XANDERBOY85:

The OP should tell us which streets/markets these are, so anyone living in Aba could go out and take recent pics of the area!

Abia1stSon

Exactly.....Some parts of Aba especially the areas of the market ( Ngwa road and Ariaria Market ) might look bad bit Aba has loads of motorable roads/streets

1 Like

Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by Isoduwa(m): 11:25am On Dec 26, 2019
J111333:
Who has the key to Orji Kalu's prison cell?
I need to put it inside a pit toilet. sad

Dey with Buhari or DSS

1 Like

Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by alezzy13: 11:29am On Dec 26, 2019
Chaiii! shocked
Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by superstar1(m): 11:30am On Dec 26, 2019
Abia1stSon:
I just returned to Abia state, right now in Aba to see some of my family and friends. I have not been to Aba in the past few years, just got there now, this is condition of Aba at Christmas.

There's harmattan season but not in Aba, there are filthy environments and dirty water settling every where . This is how at least 95% of Aba looks.

Who did we offend in Abia state. Right now I am ashamed of being an Abia indigene. My friends from Delta, Anambra, Enugu even Ebonyi are now laughing at me.

What should I do now?

Kanu is coming to fix it!!!
Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by rusher14: 11:32am On Dec 26, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Yorubas are not accommodating igbos in the SW, don't try to be daft pls

They are killing them abi?
Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by dave4rella(m): 11:35am On Dec 26, 2019
cool

The governor is not trying

But the residents of aba are dirty pigs

They deserve what they are getting

To fix aba, you need to chase everyone away
Before you start work
Bunch of dirty people and stupid governor

2 Likes

Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by joepepsy(m): 11:37am On Dec 26, 2019
Smh..pride kee you there.
alterego17:
Whoever opened this thread to shame aba is very delusional...Aba might be dirty but not 95%...dz OP just focus on one street n snapped d pics to try to deceive d general ublic n generalise...is ogborhilll,umuoba road,7up,abayi or umugasi dat are fully tarred not part of d town?...why not snap those areas too?....u snap your village finish cum dey disgrace urself untop nairaland....guys plz disregard dz wrong info
Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by Ofemmanu1: 11:47am On Dec 26, 2019
chef22991578729:
Abia state is cursed. Even with harmattan, bad roads and filth will not allow the roads in Aba to dry.
That place is a godforsaken hell hole.
flatirons will come to Odua land and start fuming.
we knew where they came from.

it is from a red mud gully eroded gutter.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Over 200 Bodies Lay Along The Route To The Top Of Mountain Everest(Pics & Video) / Nigeria Ineligible For US DV-2015 / Extremely Beautiful Photos Of Nigeria You Will Find Hard To Believe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.