Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,480 members, 7,830,420 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:49 PM

Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) (62448 Views)

Enugu State Builds Roads To Connect Roads Accross Thick Forests / This Village Has No Roads, The Only Means Of Transportation Is By Boat / Retired Aircraft Hauled Across Roads To Become New Attraction In Hotel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by olab059(m): 11:47am On Dec 26, 2019
Akathriel:
No wonder they're all running to the West-Side to come explore the land of Milk & Honey.

And in spite of our hospitality & accommodating gestures, they look for every opportunity to calling us Brown-Roof Republic. grin

Can you imagine. Ungrateful mudafvckers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by themanderon: 11:56am On Dec 26, 2019
A city that. should be the jewel of the entire south east left in ruins by hopeless and eternally accursed, vision less leaders. A shameful sight to behold.

1 Like

Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by mechanics(m): 11:57am On Dec 26, 2019
Blame your governor.
Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by Jaqenhghar: 12:00pm On Dec 26, 2019
ThreeBlackBird:

What happens first is that irrespective of background, all Americans rise to the occasion, show empathy and call out their leaders in one voice. Knowing they are united, their leaders heed to their cry.

In Nigeria, tribalism and religion divides us into sections and our leaders thrive happily in their incompetence.

I think we still have this archaic mentality of leadership. The day we realise that a leader answers to his people and not the people worshipping the leader them maybe we might see some headway.
Thay tribalism is the greatest bane of people . Its not like everyone chose his/ her tribe

2 Likes

Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by blackslayer: 12:04pm On Dec 26, 2019
ipigs! dirty animals! just look at that environment!!! disgusting beasts.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by Ttipsy(f): 12:05pm On Dec 26, 2019
they should just declare state of emergency in that state,, the matter is getting out of hand.. no good roads, dirt everywhere,,

the governor should just resign or get impeached.

this is shameful. Abia of all oil producing state!!?
Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by SaintLucia: 12:08pm On Dec 26, 2019
Posotome:
cleanliness is next to Godliness
Not in Aba. In fact they have turned Ajegunle, Ojo, Satellite Town, part of Orile and Ago Palace to Aba in Lagos with their dirty habit.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by Ttipsy(f): 12:08pm On Dec 26, 2019
this is the most useless state in Nigeria I've ever seen from 1980s till date in terms of infrastructure and environmental conservation.

Abia is a lawless state. most residents there are just pigs

and they hv got varieties of useless and confused leaders
Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by Nobody: 12:09pm On Dec 26, 2019
cheesy

Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by Ishilove: 12:09pm On Dec 26, 2019
Is this how the whole Aba is, or is this just one section?
Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by SaintLucia: 12:09pm On Dec 26, 2019
seniormallam:
Who cursed this state with bad roads for goodness sake?
Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by martins21: 12:23pm On Dec 26, 2019
caprini1:
Exactly why i never criticize any president.The 5 eastern states are not up to the size of Kogi state,they collect billions in monthly allocations but have nothing to show fir it, except for may be little from Enugu, Ebonyi and Anambra and you expect me to join the bandwagon of hate filled brothers? NEVER!.

Igbos are known to build from little resources,why are our elected politicians not doing so?
. 5 Eastern states are bigger than kogi state.
And economically only ebonyi state is in the same level as your poverty ridden kogi
Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by Focusmind: 12:24pm On Dec 26, 2019
Let them suffer it. They saw Dr. Alex Otti with his master plan for transformation of Abia State and still decided to return Ikepazu.

Elections has consequence. Let them face the consequences.

3 Likes

Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by tfelicityk(m): 12:28pm On Dec 26, 2019
What a shame?
Can't the Abians there take care of their environment!
They are waiting for the government...

1 Like

Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by Nadio2019: 12:30pm On Dec 26, 2019
Brandstudio01:
Oh my God

Please how do you expect those living in this environment to think and act like a normal human being. cry

Anyway, I will Build a Professional Logo for your Product or Company For 2k Only. Offer valid Today Only. See my info below to Chat me up
This type of thing go sweet Buhari and his cabal pieces.
It does not reduce anything from agitation for restoration of Biafra.

Nigeria's govt has an old programme of reducing eastern Nigeria to nonsense.

The programme worsened under this Buhari govt
Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by 77up(m): 12:36pm On Dec 26, 2019
Mraphel:

Why cant you snap the best places to counter this thread.
I see why you people keep voting bad leaders then travel to south west afterwards
....I always like to avoid going tribal but you just have to say the truth on some thread like this . These people's states I mean most places in SE are nothing to write home about but it is unfortunate that they will flock emass to SW states for greener pastures and still criticize them there.

Worst governors all over SE but they can't say it out and wouldn't want any one to say it but keep criticising other state not knowing they are helping our governors to sit tight.

Look at the whole city as dirty as it is , thank God op is an indigen and he confirmed the whole state is 95% like this.

Just imagine this is SW or Northern state, we know how they would have been insulting us but now its other way around.

I hate this comment but I have to say my mind, instead of us to come together and fight the stupid government,we resolve to tribal and political sentiment.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by emerged01(m): 12:37pm On Dec 26, 2019
When it comes to Abia state,there is always a lot to talk about the roads and the environments. Igbo should not take this thread as an insult. This thread below was about Abia in 2013

https://www.nairaland.com/1421847/true-image-abia-state-pictures

2 Likes

Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by bluefilm: 12:45pm On Dec 26, 2019
You didn't offend anyone.

You are just living up to your name.

You can never take the pig out of a pig.

1 Like

Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by kikake: 12:48pm On Dec 26, 2019
Davash222:
The photos up there are the reasons why Orji Uzor Kalu is in prison.

Oh yes. Aba roads are not different from roads in Imo state's Okigwe and Orlu towns.
Tricky Abia and Imo governors since 1999 treat all their local govt areas as equal, except the state capital where they concentrate nearly 90%.
The result is that the once developing towns, except the state capital, in Abia and Imo states have decayed.
Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by ronyman(m): 12:52pm On Dec 26, 2019
Governor: Okezie odeburuku Ikpeazu
slimfit1:
Who is the councillors and governor in that state.
Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by blowjohn(m): 12:54pm On Dec 26, 2019
Basher8583:

Tinubu (Lagos), Fashola (Lagos), Ajimobi (Oyo state), Ganduje (Kano)

I'll take only Tinubu.
Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by obinnanwozuzu(m): 1:03pm On Dec 26, 2019
It has come to a conclusion that you don't have sense. Abi for your village them dey build road for rainy season? cry
Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by LINTUNE(m): 1:12pm On Dec 26, 2019
J111333:
Who has the key to Orji Kalu's prison cell?
I need to put it inside a pit toilet. sad
lol grin
Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by Iko5000: 1:17pm On Dec 26, 2019
God bless you brother .The issue with us in the South East is that we give all these useless SE Governors freedom pass for the rubbish they provide to us .
77up:
....I always like to avoid going tribal but you just have to say the truth on some thread like this . These people's states I mean most places in SE are nothing to write home about but it is unfortunate that they will flock emass to SW states for greener pastures and still criticize them there.

Worst governors all over SE but they can't say it out and wouldn't want any one to say it but keep criticising other state not knowing they are helping our governors to sit tight.

Look at the whole city as dirty as it is , thank God op is an indigen and he confirmed the whole state is 95% like this.

Just imagine this is SW or Northern state, we know how they would have been insulting us but now its other way around.

I hate this comment but I have to say my mind, instead of us to come together and fight the stupid government,we resolve to tribal and political sentiment.

3 Likes

Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by AmuDimpka: 1:22pm On Dec 26, 2019
bobothem:
Old news. Old pictures
shut up and show us the new picture....all these Abịa people. Ndị akpa dirty

Abia State is disgracing the Igbo ...They are the only backward state in Igbo land

Tufia
Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:27pm On Dec 26, 2019
Sammy07:
The governor, ex governors, senators, ex senators, house of reps, ex house of reps, the engineers( constructing firms) should be held responsible executed....

Fixed
Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by 77up(m): 1:28pm On Dec 26, 2019
Iko5000:
God bless you brother .The issue with us in the South East is that we give all these useless SE Governors freedom pass for the rubbish they provide to us .
I like the fact that you are just being truthful to your self.

SE government are wicked but your people hate to know that ,only happy to criticize other region government. I came across what one first lady of a whole governor in SE was commissioning online sometimes ago, I was just laughing. I lost the pics on my device would have uploaded them.

Though no where is completely ok in the country but this is not how most states looks like even in SW.

2 Likes

Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by omohayek: 1:39pm On Dec 26, 2019
Amalekki:
If you are laughing at Aba people then you are missing the point of this thread which I consider a blessing. As Nigerians, for how long are we going to keep shielding our wicked looters at local & state levels? By exposing stuff like this, we get yabbed online but we are essentially contributing to the solution.

Not too long ago, a child complained about the deplorable state of her local school in Delta State. Attention of millions shifted to the problem, today that axis have witnessed huge upgrade as those stealing the budgeted allocations faced the spotlight.

Do you want a solution or do you prefer to paper the filth to look good outside? I know my choice. Aba & other places in Nigeria will become places of pride in the near future if we keep exposing the thieves & criminals looting the government allocations & revenue.
If only more Nigerians thought like you! Instead the disgusting norm is masses of tribal warriors spouting "leave our son/daughter alone" rubbish, even when they themselves are the primary victims of the thief they're defending. Something is seriously wrong in the head with many Nigerians ...

4 Likes

Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by omohayek: 1:45pm On Dec 26, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Tiffnubu is a thief.

Nigerians cant stop talking about him
And if "Tiffnubu" were to be arrested and sentenced to life in prison tomorrow, how exactly would that do anything to improve the situation in Aba? If every single crooked APC politician in the SW magically disappears, how will that change Abia state governance for the better?

You are a perfect example of everything that is wrong with politics in Nigeria: you have nothing constructive to offer by way of suggestions for how the issues highlighted by the OP might be ameliorated, choosing instead to try to distract attention from something you feel threatens your "tribal" pride by making an irrelevant "tu quoque" reference to Tinubu. Of course, I'm sure you'll have no problem seeing why such argumentation is ridiculous when it's Lagos and Tinubu under discussion.

2 Likes

Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by Sholaco: 1:47pm On Dec 26, 2019
Look at how everywhere is dirty, and the people from this region will be posting trash on social media
Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by Ejjis(m): 2:27pm On Dec 26, 2019
Story for the gods
Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by sherlock229(m): 2:35pm On Dec 26, 2019
this is insane....�

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

List Of Nigerians Who Own Private Jets / Over 200 Bodies Lay Along The Route To The Top Of Mountain Everest(Pics & Video) / Nigeria Ineligible For US DV-2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.