Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,568 members, 7,812,839 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:23 PM

Guidelines On Shaking Hands With Non-mahram - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Guidelines On Shaking Hands With Non-mahram (15885 Views)

Music When On Hold - The Importance Of Adhering To Islamic Guidelines On Phones / Ruling On Shaking Hands With The Opposite Sex / Ruling On Shaking Hands With Opposite Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guidelines On Shaking Hands With Non-mahram by MuslimHowto: 8:39pm On Dec 26, 2019
Shaking hands when meeting and giving ‘Taslim’ (As-Salam ‘Alaykum) is part of the etiquette of Islam and from good morals. It is an expression of love between the two who shake hands, as it dispels sins, hatred, rancor, and grudges among the Muslims.

In a tradition, the Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “there are no two Muslims who meet and shake hands with one another but they will be forgiven before they depart.” (Abu Dawud)
Hence shaking hands during meetings Is an established tradition among the companions of the Holy Prophet. It is allowed for Muslims to shake hands with Muslims and non-Muslims of the same gender when greeting, however, prohibited with non-Mahram men and women.

The evidence for this is the narration by Ma’gil Ibn Yassar, who reported the Prophet (peace be upon him) to have said: “for one of you to be stabbed in the head with iron needle is better for him than he should touch a woman who is not permissible for him. (Narrated by At-Tabaraani in Al-Kabeer grade as saheeh by Albani).

It was narrated that Ummaya the daughter of Raqeeqah said: the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said: “I do not shake hands with women.” (An-nasaa’I and Ibn Majah).

When the Prophet (peace be upon him) took a pledge of allegiance, which was originally given by hand, the Prophet (peace be upon him) did not shake women’s hands.

It was narrated from Urwah that Aisha (RA) told him about women’s oath of allegiance. The messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) never touched any woman with his hand. He would explain to the women what the oath of allegiance implies and when she accepted, he would say: “go, for you have given your oath of allegiance”. (Muslim)

So the prevalent practice of shaking hands with non Mahrams should be avoided by Muslims. It is so painful to see Muslims ignore this ruling and do what they wish. We find Muslims using phrases like “faith (Iman) is in the heart”. It is of great sadness as the Prophet (peace be upon him) never practiced such and has warned the Ummah of its dire consequences.

source: https://www.muslimhowto.com/2019/10/guidelines-on-shaking-hands-with-non-Mahram.html

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guidelines On Shaking Hands With Non-mahram by budaatum: 9:53pm On Dec 26, 2019
Its obviously not just your hands that should supposedly not touch "non-Mahram men and women", whatever that means, neither should any part of your body, I suppose. Hopefully, people who can't reason but believe this also avoid touching others when they walk down a busy street or get on public transport.

Best advise is go live in the desert by yourself! Though "non-Mahram men and women" appears to mean relatives one should not marry, and not those one should not shake hands with or touch as this thread seems to falsely imply.

16 Likes

Re: Guidelines On Shaking Hands With Non-mahram by Rashduct4luv(m): 9:06am On Dec 27, 2019
A Muslim is not supposed to shake women he is eligible to marry! This is forbidden!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Guidelines On Shaking Hands With Non-mahram by LordGuru1: 11:02am On Jan 10, 2020
Last week, Iranian General Qasem Soleimani was killed in a targeted strike by U.S. forces authorized by President Trump. This preemptive attack has spawned a curious debate over whether Soleimani was a good or evil man. The suggestion, mainly by some partisan Democrats and Jihadists' sympatizers, is that it was illegitimate for the president to use lethal force without congressional authorization and in "absent of complete proof" that Soleimani has killed Americans, encouraged killing of Americans in the past, and in the plan to get Americans killed on a massive unprecedented scale.

Over the years, a major downside of the American open door policy has been observed. People with deep hatred for America have deceitfully wriggle their way into American politics by pretending to genuinely love the people of the God's own Country. This policy helped the likes of Hussein Obama to American presidency, but he betrayed the Nation by intentionally doling out billions of American dollars to the number 1 enemy of America, knowing fully well that Iran's life-long dream is to decimate America. This same money given by Obama is what Iran has been using to acquire the nuclear weapon that they plan to use to wipe out America from the surface of the Earth. It is worthy of note that the major reason that made Donald Trump to back out of the nuclear deal was when CIA and American intelligence discovered that Iran immediately secretly re-started their Uranium enrichment as soon as Hussein Obama gave them the billions of dollars. The likes of Hussein Obama and many of the Dems, have no genuine interest of real Americans at heart. They often betray their hidden secret evil agenda against the good peope of America through their speeches that confirm that they are apologists for anti-American jihadists.

Iran never hide their full support for proto-ALQaeda terror networks guided by the so-called Blind Sheikh, Omar Abdel Rahman. At a time, having just bombed the World Trade Center, the jihadists were actively plotting something even more monstrous: simultaneous attacks on the Lincoln and Holland Tunnels and the United Nations complex on Manhattan’s east side. The jihadists were also scouting additional landmarks in the city, including U.S. military facilities and the FBI’s downtown headquarters.

We knew about the plot — and were in a position to thwart it — because we had a confidential informant. (Back then, neither he nor anyone else got the sniffles over the media’s labeling him a “spy.”) Emad Salem, a former Egyptian military officer, had infiltrated the cell and covertly recorded discussions with the Blind Sheikh about the desirability of bombing U.S. armed forces. Like the Shiite Iranian regime (longtime supporters of Sunni al-Qaeda and Hamas, as well as Shiite Hezbollah), Abdel Rahman, a renowned Sunni sharia scholar, recommended that Muslims put aside their internecine conflicts when it came to fighting America.

In other words, if jihadists killed a few people, you could put them away forever; but if they were stopped while plotting to kill 10,000 people, the penalty was illusory. It is far better to kill anyone that is already seriously in the process of killing thoudands of people, than to wait in the name of want of evidence, for him to kill the thousands of people he planned to kill first, before killing him in return. That is a far foolishly disproportionate justice for what could have been prevented. In effect, our investigators were castigated by Jihadist sympathetic Dems for doing their jobs well.

Just like many of his likes have pretended to support America in the past only to acquire American sophiticated technological knowledge, weapons and money, and then try to use it to destroy America, Soleimoni pretended he was helping America fight ISIS, to get closer clue and knowledge on how to destroy Americans. Immediately he felt he had learned enough American loopholes, his song became "Death to all Americans, and Isrealis" Evidences showed that he masterminded killings of several American citizens and bombings of several properties of American Arab allies. Donald Trump took the urgent precautionary measure to avert the mass murder of innocent souls that this terrorist was about to execute. As shown by Germany that caused WW II, a whole Nation would continue to support terrorists and terrosism unless the World becomes sensible and courageous enough to let them know that wat they are doing is capitally wrong!

In neutralizing terrorists and their state sponsors, the venerable law of war is, to my mind, a necessary complement, if not a preferable alternative, to the criminal law. One of many reasons is that, when an enemy is making war on the United States, there is no need to wait for an attack to be imminent in order to justify a defensive, preemptive strike. General Soleimani was an enemy combatant commander for the Iranian regime and the jihadist terror networks it uses in Iraq, Lebanon, Syria, and elsewhere. For more than 40 years, Iran has unabashedly pronounced itself as at war with the United States. It has conducted major attacks that have killed hundreds of Americans. In just the past few weeks, Iran’s Soleimoni jihadist militias attacked American bases in and around Baghdad Eleven good times!

Reports of intelligence indicating that Soleimani was planning more attacks in the near term are surely credible. Legally, though, they are beside the point. Soleimani was a proper target regardless of the evidence that any new attack was imminent.

The real question is: Why is imminence even an issue? This is not a close call. We are talking about one of the most notorious mass-murderers of Americans on the planet, the top combatant commander of the regime that proudly tells the world its motto is “Death to America.” Why would we want to raise an abstruse question that would make eliminating such a monster more difficult?

Despite the fact that Gadaffi never directly threatened Americans, killed Americans or continually shout "Death to all Americans" like Soleimoni had vigorously proclaimed and pursued, in the Obama years, Democrats were happy to line up in support of unprovoked U.S. attacks on Libya. The use of lethal force that Obama carried applied against Libya was not authorized by Congress, and Americans were not being threatened. Now, because the president at the helm is Donald Trump, they want to quibble over whether the latest Iranian atrocities and U.S. intelligence were a sufficiently flashing neon sign that more atrocities were imminent? That is anti-America in its entirety, unpatriotic and grossly irresponsible.
https://www.nairaland.com/5623854/evidences-justified-trumps-action-against#85667984

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Guidelines On Shaking Hands With Non-mahram by Guest911: 11:02am On Jan 10, 2020
I read it as Guidelines On Shaking Hands With Non-marlians cheesy
But why do I have to accept Islam just to comment on a post lipsrsealed cc Seun

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guidelines On Shaking Hands With Non-mahram by aolaotan(m): 11:04am On Jan 10, 2020
Mariapwno:
Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve.
. lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Guidelines On Shaking Hands With Non-mahram by anochuko01(m): 11:04am On Jan 10, 2020
Firstly, I'm a son of the most high God. I believe in the mystery of Christ's resurrection through which I'm saved and inherited eternal life.

Back to the topic.
I once dated a Muslim girl for two years. We had to separate due to this religion thing.
Many many years later, about a decade, we came across ourselves on the road and I stretched my hand to shake, only for mama (who was in a jeans trouser) to tell me that she doesn't shake. Well, I was still excited to see her sha.

Also attended a training with one guy too. That one will not shake ladies o, but na confirm woman wrapper lol. Always in their midst, doing their bidding at the slightest beckon.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guidelines On Shaking Hands With Non-mahram by HQuadreal: 11:04am On Jan 10, 2020
Allahu Alam.

1 Like

Re: Guidelines On Shaking Hands With Non-mahram by babz11(m): 11:07am On Jan 10, 2020
Sagay212:
Almost everything is forbidden for you ,yet it is a religion of peace. Ordinary to comment on a post you have to accept to some useless terms yet you can comment on other peoples thread freely without any terms or condition. Religion of peace indeed.
Why he dey pain you my brother,
Is it your Religion

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guidelines On Shaking Hands With Non-mahram by Akpan107(m): 11:11am On Jan 10, 2020
Rashduct4luv:
A Muslim is not supposed to shake women he is eligible to marry! This is forbidden!
If shaking hands with women is wrong, what do we say about prophet Muhammad s.a.w who had sex with a lady who is not his wife?,

According to Hadith Sunan an-Nasa'i Book 36, Hadith No.21

It a Sahih Hadith, before you say is da'if.

34 Likes

Re: Guidelines On Shaking Hands With Non-mahram by Luckysbab: 11:14am On Jan 10, 2020
Promismike:
Pathetic people.

They even have guideline on how to shake a non Muslim.

Islam is a plague.

Whose than slavery and more of a bondage.

See this olodo that didn't read and disgracing his lineage here.

3 Likes

Re: Guidelines On Shaking Hands With Non-mahram by Luckysbab: 11:15am On Jan 10, 2020
Akpan107:
If shaking hands with women is wrong, what do we say about prophet Muhammad s.a.w who had sex with a lady who is not his wife?,

What's the name of the woman and do relate the account of what happened while you're at it

5 Likes

Re: Guidelines On Shaking Hands With Non-mahram by marvin906(m): 11:16am On Jan 10, 2020
you don't mean it..

3 Likes

Re: Guidelines On Shaking Hands With Non-mahram by GODPUNISHALABI: 11:17am On Jan 10, 2020
Lol Fatima wey Dey hug me like say tomorrow no dey
Re: Guidelines On Shaking Hands With Non-mahram by Luckysbab: 11:17am On Jan 10, 2020
anochuko01:
Firstly, I'm a son of the most high God. I believe in the mystery of Christ's resurrection through which I'm saved and inherited eternal life.

Back to the topic.
I once dated a Muslim girl for two years. We had to separate due to this religion thing.
Many many years later, about a decade, we came across ourselves on the road and I stretched my hand to shake, only for mama (who was in a jeans trouser) to tell me that she doesn't shake. Well, I was still excited to see her sha.

Also attended a training with one guy too. That one will not shake ladies o, but na confirm woman wrapper lol. Always in their midst, doing their bidding at the slightest beckon.

What's your point here really?

There are pastors who engage in different forms of immoralities. Does it make Christianity and immoral religion?

6 Likes

Re: Guidelines On Shaking Hands With Non-mahram by Luckysbab: 11:21am On Jan 10, 2020
Sagay212:
Almost everything is forbidden for you ,yet it is a religion of peace. Ordinary to comment on a post you have to accept to some useless terms yet you can comment on other peoples thread freely without any terms or condition. Religion of peace indeed.

It goes to show how intolerant you Christians are of the belief of others.

I mean you already made the tension between America and Iran a Christian vs Islam thing. Why won't you dark hearts be put on a short leash?

The most hate comments on this forum are from you folks. You deserve to be treated like the deranged fellows you are.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Guidelines On Shaking Hands With Non-mahram by Nobody: 11:22am On Jan 10, 2020
Promismike:
Pathetic people.
They even have guideline on how to shake a non Muslim.
Islam is a plague.
Worse than slavery and more of a bondage.
Rant here all you like. Just know you can't say that to any Muslim face. Olodo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guidelines On Shaking Hands With Non-mahram by Akpan107(m): 11:25am On Jan 10, 2020
Luckysbab:

What's the name of the woman and do relate the account of what happened while you're at it
please, kindly read the Hadith for better understanding.

Go to Sunnah.com, then (search, the prophet intercourse with mariya) if you don't have a copy of Hadith.

The lady's name Prophet Muhammad s.a.w had sex with is MARIYA.
Sunan an-Nasa'i book 36, Hadith 21.

Thank you.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guidelines On Shaking Hands With Non-mahram by ademolaamoo(m): 11:26am On Jan 10, 2020
Please if a woman stretch her hand to shake me what should I say as a man

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Guidelines On Shaking Hands With Non-mahram by fatymore(f): 11:31am On Jan 10, 2020
Tolerance is what some people don't have.

On an Islamic thread see the posts on it and Muslim will never go their thread and write stuff like this.

This is 2020, we should purge ourselves of hatred and MIND our businesses.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guidelines On Shaking Hands With Non-mahram by Nobody: 11:34am On Jan 10, 2020
Akpan107:
please, kindly read the Hadith for better understanding.

Go to Sunnah.com, then (search, the prophet intercourse with mariya) if you don't have a copy of Hadith.

The lady's name Prophet Muhammad s.a.w had sex with is MARIYA.
Sunan an-Nasa'i book 36, Hadith 21.

Thank you.

aye e ti baje

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guidelines On Shaking Hands With Non-mahram by Rashduct4luv(m): 11:37am On Jan 10, 2020
Akpan107:

Your statement is ambiguous and anyone reading this will have reservations.....

But the lady in question was his slave.

Qur'an 23:5-6
And those who guard their chastity (i.e. private parts, from illegal sexual acts)
Except from their wives or (the captives and slaves) that their right hands possess, for then, they are free from blame;

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Guidelines On Shaking Hands With Non-mahram by Akpan107(m): 11:37am On Jan 10, 2020
ambitiouschap:

aye e ti baje
The truth hurt!!!

I can't exchange words with you, let God be our judge.

8 Likes

Re: Guidelines On Shaking Hands With Non-mahram by Ijaycool(f): 11:38am On Jan 10, 2020
Thanks.
Am learning alot from Nairaland
Re: Guidelines On Shaking Hands With Non-mahram by Occurstaem(m): 11:39am On Jan 10, 2020
Akpan107:

Subhaa nAllah.

You are such an unrepentant liar.
All these lies will do you no good. You are slandering my beloved(may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him).

I pity anyone who believes this nonsense you are saying.
I challenge you to give us the exact narration of the hadith.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guidelines On Shaking Hands With Non-mahram by Akpan107(m): 11:40am On Jan 10, 2020
Rashduct4luv:

Your statement is ambiguous and anyone reading this will have reservations.....

But the lady in question was his slave.

Qur'an 23:5-6
And those who guard their chastity (i.e. private parts, from illegal sexual acts)
Except from their wives or (the captives and slaves) that their right hands possess, for then, they are free from blame;
Are you saying your Prophet did wrong by disobeying the above verse?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ruling On A Man Kissing His Adult Daughter And Hugging Her / Some Facts About The Hijāb By Faarooq Aleem Al-egbaawiy / How To Inculcate Effective Leadership Skills In Your Child

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.