Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,454 members, 7,830,254 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:43 PM

Guidelines On Shaking Hands With Non-mahram - Islam for Muslims (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Guidelines On Shaking Hands With Non-mahram (15982 Views)

Music When On Hold - The Importance Of Adhering To Islamic Guidelines On Phones / Ruling On Shaking Hands With The Opposite Sex / Ruling On Shaking Hands With Opposite Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guidelines On Shaking Hands With Non-mahram by Heavance(m): 7:54pm On Jan 10, 2020
All I can say is simple...

I read through the comment sections, and I realized those backing the sleeping with wives and slaves forgot we are not in the BC era.
All the parts in the bible being referred to, to justify what the civilised world see as rubbish were all as far back as the time of Solomon..... Mohammed lived in the AD time/calendar, and it is kind of embarrassing seeing anyone backing that kind of life.
What then does adultery mean? Yeah many hypocrites are cursing..... But condemning something you know is very wrong even while practicing, is far better than backing what you deeply know is wrong.

Modified :
No be spatacus lifestyle na, abi what then is civilization?

What do I know sef?
If you like, marry 30, na you sabi... Just don't add more problem to Nigeria than we already have.
Re: Guidelines On Shaking Hands With Non-mahram by Khaleell001(m): 10:48pm On Jan 10, 2020
Akpan107:
I must not use Christian law to judge Islam, we can aswell use moral laws!

A prophet who had sex with all his wives (in one day) with a single bath
Sunan Abu Daud
Book 1, Hadith 218

Muhammad had about 9 wives...
How could someone have sex with about 8 women without taking bath?

Lets not follow religion blindly!

Who is this one?

who defines morality here?
with your intellect?

If we go that way, you will see you have more to deal with your religion than in Islām.

How old was Mary when she was bethrothed to Joseph?

What you define as a child is not even standard over generation.

If it were immoral at that time the people of that time would have condemned him.

So, quite this toxic mentality and get hold of yourself.

This is guy is classical case of a compound idiot.

If a man sleeps with women other than their wife it is normal,and when he does that with his wives it becomes a problem.

Are you even well at all?
Re: Guidelines On Shaking Hands With Non-mahram by AntiChristian: 5:42am On Jan 11, 2020
OoniOfIfe:
keep alive for yourselves means many things. What you interpret to yourself is your concern. At that time YHWH did nlt permit his people to have intercouse with strangers so they could not permeate the lineage. Guy deal with your religion of Slavery, rules and pedophilia prophet. Btw tell me more about allahs daughters.

Don't try to derail the topic. It's about sleeping with captive slaves. After killing all the men and adult women, your God commanded young virgins to be kept by his people for themselves.

This is keeping something as a toy you can play with even worse than what you're claiming Muhammad did.

It includes rape, inhumane treatment, etc.

Your God is good all the time and all the time...if I hear?
Re: Guidelines On Shaking Hands With Non-mahram by Rashduct4luv(m): 7:43am On Jan 11, 2020
Heavance:

Are you kidding me, for real? But deep down in you, you know what is right and wrong, are we communicating?

Damn.... I comment my reserve

What is right, what is wrong and where is the law?
Re: Guidelines On Shaking Hands With Non-mahram by Rashduct4luv(m): 7:44am On Jan 11, 2020
AmarachiAshawo:

Are you saying no religion is allowed anywhere in the world except Islam?

Which other religion do you know except Islam?
Re: Guidelines On Shaking Hands With Non-mahram by AntiChristian: 7:59am On Jan 11, 2020
Akpan107:
Solomon did it, but God never approved it...

Muhammad did it and the Islamic god approved it with Quranic verses supporting him.
Sura 66:1

Muhammad s.a.w had sex with a lady who is not his wife and Allah the Islamic god approved it.

Aisha, one of the prophet wife even had these to say:

"It seems to me that your Lord hastens to SATISFY your DISERE"
Sahih Muslims
Book 17 Hadith No. 64

Aisha sees how women offers themselves to the Prophet of Allah...

Out of jealousy she said that.

State the law that forbids what he did? It's simple na!

Paul says: “Slaves, be obedient to those who are your earthly masters, with fear and trembling, in singleness of heart, as to Christ” (Eph. 6:5)

Did Paul challenge slavery here or he encouraged it?

I know you won't reply. Na only people who can't quote your Books you will reply!
Hypocrite!
Re: Guidelines On Shaking Hands With Non-mahram by AmarachiAshawo(f): 8:11am On Jan 11, 2020
Rashduct4luv:

Which other religion do you know except Islam?

I know of Christianity.
Re: Guidelines On Shaking Hands With Non-mahram by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jan 11, 2020
AntiChristian:

Don't try to derail the topic. It's about sleeping with captive slaves. After killing all the men and adult women, your God commanded young virgins to be kept by his people for themselves.

This is keeping something as a toy you can play with even worse than what you're claiming Muhammad did.

It includes rape, inhumane treatment, etc.

Your God is good all the time and all the time...if I hear?
shatap did they openly state that in the bible. I already interpreted the verse for you but because you have slammed out all the knowledge in your head you cannot reason again. Religion don blind you finish. Oya gerrarrahia
Re: Guidelines On Shaking Hands With Non-mahram by najib632(m): 12:51pm On Jan 11, 2020
Heavance:
All I can say is simple...

I read through the comment sections, and I realized those backing the sleeping with wives and slaves forgot we are not in the BC era.
All the parts in the bible being referred to, to justify what the civilised world see as rubbish were all as far back as the time of Solomon..... Mohammed lived in the AD time/calendar, and it is kind of embarrassing seeing anyone backing that kind of life.
What then does adultery mean? Yeah many hypocrites are cursing..... But condemning something you know is very wrong even while practicing, is far better than backing what you deeply know is wrong.

Modified :
No be spatacus lifestyle na, abi what then is civilization?

What do I know sef?
If you like, marry 30, na you sabi... Just don't add more problem to Nigeria than we already have.
excuse me stop acting like you don't know that slavery ended just last century. You either have a wife or a concubine, it is best to have a wife since it is more desireable with Allah. Also a man has a limit of four wives, but can have as many concubines as he can afford. Who started all the problems in Nigeria.
Re: Guidelines On Shaking Hands With Non-mahram by Akpan107(m): 1:31pm On Jan 11, 2020
Khaleell001:

Who is this one?

who defines morality here?
with your intellect?

If we go that way, you will see you have more to deal with your religion than in Islām.

How old was Mary when she was bethrothed to Joseph?

What you define as a child is not even standard over generation.

If it were immoral at that time the people of that time would have condemned him.

So, quite this toxic mentality and get hold of yourself.

This is guy is classical case of a compound idiot.

If a man sleeps with women other than their wife it is normal,and when he does that with his wives it becomes a problem.

Are you even well at all?
Oga it's not a fight, but we are simply sharing ideas...

Mary was around 18 to 22 when she gave birth to Jesus.

Mary alone made a 130 km Journey from Nazareth to Judea to visit Elizabeth
Luke 1:39-40

A 6 or 9 years old baby can't make such a distance journey alone.

Mary did all these, while Muhammad (s.a.w) child wife was busy playing with dolls with her play mates
Sahih Muslims
Book 44, Hadith 117.

Yes, if a man sleeps with a woman who is not his wife, is a great sin in the sight of the True and Holy God.

I actually don't have to call you names to make little point as this.

Re: Guidelines On Shaking Hands With Non-mahram by Heavance(m): 3:57pm On Jan 11, 2020
najib632:
excuse me stop acting like you don't know that slavery ended just last century. You either have a wife or a concubine, it is best to have a wife since it is more desireable with Allah. Also a man has a limit of four wives, but can have as many concubines as he can afford. Who started all the problems in Nigeria.

This 4 wives you guys talk about, can you shed more light on it? Like tell me where the Koran supports that.
My Muslim friend claims it is different, he said there is a clause (If you can love them equally, which is impossible)...

Secondly, Indonesia has the highest number of Muslims in the world, but the 4 wives thing is only practiced in one state, if you are in another state and desire more than 1 wife, you have to move...

So kindly state where it is backed by the Koran
Re: Guidelines On Shaking Hands With Non-mahram by Heavance(m): 4:00pm On Jan 11, 2020
Rashduct4luv:

What is right, what is wrong and where is the law?
What does adultery mean?

Do you realize civilization opened our eyes to a lot?
Example, it was right for us to kill twins way back, but civilization made us realize we were being inhuman.
Re: Guidelines On Shaking Hands With Non-mahram by AntiChristian: 4:26pm On Jan 11, 2020
OoniOfIfe:
shatap did they openly state that in the bible. I already interpreted the verse for you but because you have slammed out all the knowledge in your head you cannot reason again. Religion don blind you finish. Oya gerrarrahia

Na like this your parents train you? You are trying to interpret "Keep virgins for yourself" for me? Am I a kid?
Re: Guidelines On Shaking Hands With Non-mahram by AntiChristian: 4:40pm On Jan 11, 2020
Heavance:

What does adultery mean?

Do you realize civilization opened our eyes to a lot?
Example, it was right for us to kill twins way back, but civilization made us realize we were being inhuman.

Adultery means a married (wo)man sleeping with others (s)he shouldn't be sleeping with!
Adultery is as we define it now.

It is right to sleep with slaves in Islam, Judaism and Christianity!
Re: Guidelines On Shaking Hands With Non-mahram by AntiChristian: 4:49pm On Jan 11, 2020
Akpan107:

Mary did all these, while Muhammad (s.a.w) child wife was busy playing with dolls with her play mates
Sahih Muslims
Book 44, Hadith 117.

Yes, if a man sleeps with a woman who is not his wife, is a great sin in the sight of the True and Holy God.

You have been avoid me since! Why?

Can you tell us how old were the young virgins your Lord told those people to keep for themselves?

How many were less than 6-9years among them? Were they even married? The Prophet married 'Aaisha with his father's consent.! But your Lord killed all the men and married women but spared virgins!

Akpan107 what should we do to your three Gods now?
Re: Guidelines On Shaking Hands With Non-mahram by Akpan107(m): 5:04pm On Jan 11, 2020
AntiChristian:

State the law that forbids what he did? It's simple na!

Paul says: “Slaves, be obedient to those who are your earthly masters, with fear and trembling, in singleness of heart, as to Christ” (Eph. 6:5)

Did Paul challenge slavery here or he encourages it?
We are talking about your Prophet sleeping with his slave,

While the same chapter of the Bible you quoted says,

Master must respect and not use bad word to their slaves.
Eph 6:9

Is your Prophet respecting his slave girl by having sex with her?
Re: Guidelines On Shaking Hands With Non-mahram by Akpan107(m): 5:11pm On Jan 11, 2020
AntiChristian:

You have been avoid me since! Why?

Can you tell us how old were the young virgins your Lord told those people to keep for themselves?

How many were less than 6-9years among them? Were they even married? The Prophet married 'Aaisha with his father's consent.! But your Lord killed all the men and married women but spared virgins!

Akpan107 what should we do to your three Gods now?
Hahaha... are you masquerade that I will fear you!

I am only surprise of a god who changes shape to please those who worship him.

You're only beating about the bush.
Re: Guidelines On Shaking Hands With Non-mahram by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jan 11, 2020
AntiChristian:

Na like this your parents train you? You are trying to interpret "Keep virgins for yourself" for me? Am I a kid?
who knows. Keep virgins for yourself. Is for marriage and because their blood is not tainted. U a dumb nigga. Trolling your life out on nairaland
Re: Guidelines On Shaking Hands With Non-mahram by Khaleell001(m): 8:39pm On Jan 11, 2020
Akpan107:

Sahih Muslims
Book 44, Hadith 117.

Mary was 18-22 so says the modernist without any shred for evidence.

I just keep wondering how some of you think.

Did you read the Catholic encyclopedia and find out how old girls at that time in Israel where being given out?

You want to use your warped modern thinking to confused yourself thinking you are convincing me?

Well, I won't go any further.
And we don't give a bloody damn about your validation.
You can keep your morals to yourselves we don't need it.
We have ours.
Re: Guidelines On Shaking Hands With Non-mahram by AntiChristian: 8:46pm On Jan 11, 2020
OoniOfIfe:
who knows. Keep virgins for yourself. Is for marriage and because their blood is not tainted. U a dumb nigga. Trolling your life out on nairaland

If keep virgins for yourself means marriage in your dictionary in your Ife then it shows how substandard the quality of education you had!

Anyways, pikin wey dm no teach for house na outside dm go smack am come inside!
Re: Guidelines On Shaking Hands With Non-mahram by AntiChristian: 8:47pm On Jan 11, 2020
Akpan107:
Hahaha... are you masquerade that I will fear you!

I am only surprise of a god who changes shape to please those who worship him.

You're only beating about the bush.

Keep shooting yourself in the foot!

Your God changed from spirit to human to save the creations he created.
Re: Guidelines On Shaking Hands With Non-mahram by AntiChristian: 9:03pm On Jan 11, 2020
Akpan107:
We are talking about your Prophet sleeping with his slave,

While the same chapter of the Bible you quoted says,

Master must respect and not use bad word to their slaves.
Eph 6:9

Is your Prophet respecting his slave girl by having sex with her?

So does this your verse go against sleeping with them?

And this one is being said by Paul.

The one that your 3 God's commanded warriors to keep virgins for themselves...you leave that one right?

How many were the virgins they kept for themselves?

How old were they?

How were they treated after killing their families?
Re: Guidelines On Shaking Hands With Non-mahram by Heavance(m): 9:51pm On Jan 11, 2020
AntiChristian:

Adultery means a married (wo)man sleeping with others (s)he shouldn't be sleeping with!
Adultery is as we define it now.

It is right to sleep with slaves in Islam, Judaism and Christianity!
It isn't right as a Christian... Judaism, I think it isn't.

You know this thing is not right, but you are just defending what is wrong.
You are at least civilised, aren't you? You know the kind of unnecessary disease it will bring upon you.
Re: Guidelines On Shaking Hands With Non-mahram by Akpan107(m): 10:28pm On Jan 11, 2020
Khaleell001:

Mary was 18-22 so says the modernist without any shred for evidence.

I just keep wondering how some of you think.

Did you read the Catholic encyclopedia and find out how old girls at that time in Israel where being given out?

You want to use your warped modern thinking to confused yourself thinking you are convincing me?

Well, I won't go any further.
And we don't give a bloody damn about your validation.
You can keep your morals to yourselves we don't need it.
We have ours.
Hahaha... this is how Muslims are normally confused.

I asked you earlier, can a 6 or 9 years old baby who plays with dolls make a 130 km Journey alone?
Re: Guidelines On Shaking Hands With Non-mahram by najib632(m): 10:47pm On Jan 11, 2020
Heavance:

This 4 wives you guys talk about, can you shed more light on it? Like tell me where the Koran supports that.
My Muslim friend claims it is different, he said there is a clause (If you can love them equally, which is impossible)...

Secondly, Indonesia has the highest number of Muslims in the world, but the 4 wives thing is only practiced in one state, if you are in another state and desire more than 1 wife, you have to move...

So kindly state where it is backed by the Koran

وَإِنْ خِفْتُمْ أَلَّا تُقْسِطُوا فِي الْيَتَامَىٰ فَانكِحُوا مَا طَابَ لَكُم مِّنَ النِّسَاءِ مَثْنَىٰ وَثُلَاثَ وَرُبَاعَ ۖ فَإِنْ خِفْتُمْ أَلَّا تَعْدِلُوا فَوَاحِدَةً أَوْ مَا مَلَكَتْ أَيْمَانُكُمْ ۚ ذَٰلِكَ أَدْنَىٰ أَلَّا تَعُولُوا -

4:3

And if you fear that you will not deal justly with the orphan girls, then marry those that please you of [other] women, two or three or four. But if you fear that you will not be just, then [marry only] one or those your right hand possesses. That is more suitable that you may not incline [to injustice].

وَلَا تُؤْتُوا السُّفَهَاءَ أَمْوَالَكُمُ الَّتِي جَعَلَ اللَّهُ لَكُمْ قِيَامًا وَارْزُقُوهُمْ فِيهَا وَاكْسُوهُمْ وَقُولُوا لَهُمْ قَوْلًا مَّعْرُوفًا -

4:5

And do not give the weak-minded your property, which Allah has made a means of sustenance for you, but provide for them with it and clothe them and speak to them words of appropriate kindness.

وَابْتَلُوا الْيَتَامَىٰ حَتَّىٰ إِذَا بَلَغُوا النِّكَاحَ فَإِنْ آنَسْتُم مِّنْهُمْ رُشْدًا فَادْفَعُوا إِلَيْهِمْ أَمْوَالَهُمْ ۖ وَلَا تَأْكُلُوهَا إِسْرَافًا وَبِدَارًا أَن يَكْبَرُوا ۚ وَمَن كَانَ غَنِيًّا فَلْيَسْتَعْفِفْ ۖ وَمَن كَانَ فَقِيرًا فَلْيَأْكُلْ بِالْمَعْرُوفِ ۚ فَإِذَا دَفَعْتُمْ إِلَيْهِمْ أَمْوَالَهُمْ فَأَشْهِدُوا عَلَيْهِمْ ۚ وَكَفَىٰ بِاللَّهِ حَسِيبًا -

4:6

And test the orphans [in their abilities] until they reach marriageable age. Then if you perceive in them sound judgement, release their property to them. And do not consume it excessively and quickly, [anticipating] that they will grow up. And whoever, [when acting as guardian], is self-sufficient should refrain [from taking a fee]; and whoever is poor - let him take according to what is acceptable. Then when you release their property to them, bring witnesses upon them. And sufficient is Allah as Accountant.

Continue reading through if you're interested

وَيَسْتَفْتُونَكَ فِي النِّسَاءِ ۖ قُلِ اللَّهُ يُفْتِيكُمْ فِيهِنَّ وَمَا يُتْلَىٰ عَلَيْكُمْ فِي الْكِتَابِ فِي يَتَامَى النِّسَاءِ اللَّاتِي لَا تُؤْتُونَهُنَّ مَا كُتِبَ لَهُنَّ وَتَرْغَبُونَ أَن تَنكِحُوهُنَّ وَالْمُسْتَضْعَفِينَ مِنَ الْوِلْدَانِ وَأَن تَقُومُوا لِلْيَتَامَىٰ بِالْقِسْطِ ۚ وَمَا تَفْعَلُوا مِنْ خَيْرٍ فَإِنَّ اللَّهَ كَانَ بِهِ عَلِيمًا -

4:127

And they request from you, [O Muhammad], a [legal] ruling concerning women. Say, " Allah gives you a ruling about them and [about] what has been recited to you in the Book concerning the orphan girls to whom you do not give what is decreed for them - and [yet] you desire to marry them - and concerning the oppressed among children and that you maintain for orphans [their rights] in justice." And whatever you do of good - indeed, Allah is ever Knowing of it.

وَإِنِ امْرَأَةٌ خَافَتْ مِن بَعْلِهَا نُشُوزًا أَوْ إِعْرَاضًا فَلَا جُنَاحَ عَلَيْهِمَا أَن يُصْلِحَا بَيْنَهُمَا صُلْحًا ۚ وَالصُّلْحُ خَيْرٌ ۗ وَأُحْضِرَتِ الْأَنفُسُ الشُّحَّ ۚ وَإِن تُحْسِنُوا وَتَتَّقُوا فَإِنَّ اللَّهَ كَانَ بِمَا تَعْمَلُونَ خَبِيرًا -

4:128

And if a woman fears from her husband contempt or evasion, there is no sin upon them if they make terms of settlement between them - and settlement is best. And present in [human] souls is stinginess. But if you do good and fear Allah - then indeed Allah is ever, with what you do, Acquainted.

وَلَن تَسْتَطِيعُوا أَن تَعْدِلُوا بَيْنَ النِّسَاءِ وَلَوْ حَرَصْتُمْ ۖ فَلَا تَمِيلُوا كُلَّ الْمَيْلِ فَتَذَرُوهَا كَالْمُعَلَّقَةِ ۚ وَإِن تُصْلِحُوا وَتَتَّقُوا فَإِنَّ اللَّهَ كَانَ غَفُورًا رَّحِيمًا -

4:129

And you will never be able to be equal [in feeling] between wives, even if you should strive [to do so]. So do not incline completely [toward one] and leave another hanging. And if you amend [your affairs] and fear Allah - then indeed, Allah is ever Forgiving and Merciful.

وَإِن يَتَفَرَّقَا يُغْنِ اللَّهُ كُلًّا مِّن سَعَتِهِ ۚ وَكَانَ اللَّهُ وَاسِعًا حَكِيمًا - 4:130

But if they separate [by divorce], Allah will enrich each [of them] from His abundance. And ever is Allah Encompassing and Wise.

وَلِلَّهِ مَا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ ۗ وَلَقَدْ وَصَّيْنَا الَّذِينَ أُوتُوا الْكِتَابَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ وَإِيَّاكُمْ أَنِ اتَّقُوا اللَّهَ ۚ وَإِن تَكْفُرُوا فَإِنَّ لِلَّهِ مَا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ ۚ وَكَانَ اللَّهُ غَنِيًّا حَمِيدًا - 4:131

And to Allah belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth. And We have instructed those who were given the Scripture before you and yourselves to fear Allah . But if you disbelieve - then to Allah belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth. And ever is Allah Free of need and Praiseworthy.

وَلِلَّهِ مَا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ ۚ وَكَفَىٰ بِاللَّهِ وَكِيلًا - 4:132

And to Allah belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth. And sufficient is Allah as Disposer of affairs.

إِن يَشَأْ يُذْهِبْكُمْ أَيُّهَا النَّاسُ وَيَأْتِ بِآخَرِينَ ۚ وَكَانَ اللَّهُ عَلَىٰ ذَٰلِكَ قَدِيرًا - 4:133

If He wills, He can do away with you, O people, and bring others [in your place]. And ever is Allah competent to do that.

مَّن كَانَ يُرِيدُ ثَوَابَ الدُّنْيَا فَعِندَ اللَّهِ ثَوَابُ الدُّنْيَا وَالْآخِرَةِ ۚ وَكَانَ اللَّهُ سَمِيعًا بَصِيرًا - 4:134

Whoever desires the reward of this world - then with Allah is the reward of this world and the Hereafter. And ever is Allah Hearing and Seeing.

يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا كُونُوا قَوَّامِينَ بِالْقِسْطِ شُهَدَاءَ لِلَّهِ وَلَوْ عَلَىٰ أَنفُسِكُمْ أَوِ الْوَالِدَيْنِ وَالْأَقْرَبِينَ ۚ إِن يَكُنْ غَنِيًّا أَوْ فَقِيرًا فَاللَّهُ أَوْلَىٰ بِهِمَا ۖ فَلَا تَتَّبِعُوا الْهَوَىٰ أَن تَعْدِلُوا ۚ وَإِن تَلْوُوا أَوْ تُعْرِضُوا فَإِنَّ اللَّهَ كَانَ بِمَا تَعْمَلُونَ خَبِيرًا - 4:135

O you who have believed, be persistently standing firm in justice, witnesses for Allah, even if it be against yourselves or parents and relatives. Whether one is rich or poor, Allah is more worthy of both. So follow not [personal] inclination, lest you not be just. And if you distort [your testimony] or refuse [to give it], then indeed Allah is ever, with what you do, Acquainted.

يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا آمِنُوا بِاللَّهِ وَرَسُولِهِ وَالْكِتَابِ الَّذِي نَزَّلَ عَلَىٰ رَسُولِهِ وَالْكِتَابِ الَّذِي أَنزَلَ مِن قَبْلُ ۚ وَمَن يَكْفُرْ بِاللَّهِ وَمَلَائِكَتِهِ وَكُتُبِهِ وَرُسُلِهِ وَالْيَوْمِ الْآخِرِ فَقَدْ ضَلَّ ضَلَالًا بَعِيدًا - 4:136

O you who have believed, believe in Allah and His Messenger and the Book that He sent down upon His Messenger and the Scripture which He sent down before. And whoever disbelieves in Allah, His angels, His books, His messengers, and the Last Day has certainly gone far astray.

About Indonesia, it is not implementing fully the law of Allah in fact. They're some what a secular country.
Re: Guidelines On Shaking Hands With Non-mahram by najib632(m): 10:50pm On Jan 11, 2020
Akpan107:
Hahaha... this is how Muslims are normally confused.

I asked you earlier, can a 6 or 9 years old baby who plays with dolls make a 130 km Journey alone?

That story in your book is a fraud can't you see some of you don't even believe in Christmas some of you celebrate it on different dates! There's no evidence in the Qur'an that she made a journey of 130 km
Re: Guidelines On Shaking Hands With Non-mahram by AntiChristian: 6:37am On Jan 12, 2020
Heavance:

It isn't right as a Christian... Judaism, I think it isn't.

You know this thing is not right, but you are just defending what is wrong.
You are at least civilised, aren't you? You know the kind of unnecessary disease it will bring upon you.

What is right or wrong is determined by law. Nowadays men marry men in some countries and this too would be regarded as not normal back then!

So you can't use your current thinking to judge the settings of a thousand or more years ago.
Re: Guidelines On Shaking Hands With Non-mahram by Heavance(m): 9:10am On Jan 12, 2020
AntiChristian:

What is right or wrong is determined by law. Nowadays men marry men in some countries and this too would be regarded as not normal back then!

So you can't use your current thinking to judge the settings of a thousand or more years ago.
Not judging a thousand years ago, that's why I talked about civilization....
You can't keep living like a thousand years ago, you can't keep say because of many wives, that's why you are actively defending thousand years ago, that's selfish.
A thousand years ago women couldn't do a lot of things, right now they are free to have career, that's what civilization brings.

I gave you an example of how we killed twins here in Nigeria, is that the kind of life you prefer?
Civilization helped us take away some unnecessary things, if Koran actually backed you having many wives without a clause of loving them equally (which is impossible) kindly refer me to the passage.
Though Mohammed took a young girl as a wife, but you know right now civilization makes us rebuke such because you have to be an adult to go into marriage. Will you want to get a young girl as well because that was how it used to be a thousand years ago ?
Re: Guidelines On Shaking Hands With Non-mahram by Heavance(m): 9:19am On Jan 12, 2020
najib632:

وَإِنْ خِفْتُمْ أَلَّا تُقْسِطُوا فِي الْيَتَامَىٰ فَانكِحُوا مَا طَابَ لَكُم مِّنَ النِّسَاءِ مَثْنَىٰ وَثُلَاثَ وَرُبَاعَ ۖ فَإِنْ خِفْتُمْ أَلَّا تَعْدِلُوا فَوَاحِدَةً أَوْ مَا مَلَكَتْ أَيْمَانُكُمْ ۚ ذَٰلِكَ أَدْنَىٰ أَلَّا تَعُولُوا -

4:3

And if you fear that you will not deal justly with the orphan girls, then marry those that please you of [other] women, two or three or four. But if you fear that you will not be just, then [marry only] one or those your right hand possesses. That is more suitable that you may not incline [to injustice].

About Indonesia, it is not implementing fully the law of Allah in fact. They're some what a secular country.
The passage you sighted above, deny all you want, how can you be just to more than one wife? No wonder my friend said it comes with a clause, but many Muslims don't talk about the clause and talk more about 4wives.
Parents find it difficult to love children equally, and you guys think you can love 2 women equally (some even talk about 4).

I gave an example of Indonesia having the highest number of Muslims in the world and what they practice, but this is all you have to defend Indonesia not permitting people having unnecessary wife? I thought you could do better.
Re: Guidelines On Shaking Hands With Non-mahram by najib632(m): 9:52am On Jan 12, 2020
Heavance:

The passage you sighted above, deny all you want, how can you be just to more than one wife? No wonder my friend said it comes with a clause, but many Muslims don't talk about the clause and talk more about 4wives.
Parents find it difficult to love children equally, and you guys think you can love 2 women equally (some even talk about 4).

I gave an example of Indonesia having the highest number of Muslims in the world and what they practice, but this is all you have to defend Indonesia not permitting people having unnecessary wife? I thought you could do better.
I hope I have not wasted my effort quoting those verses for you, didn't you read till 4:129. Even Allah said you cannot love all of them equally but don't be too inclined to only one. The messenger of Allah had 11 wives are you insinuating that he went against Allah? No, never it means that you have to provide equally to all your wives and never make it obvious to any of which one of them you love most. Keep that to yourself and never make any of them feel less loved. If you can do that then carry on, if you can't follow better follow the advice of Allah, because there's always a penalty for injustice:
It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever has two wives and leans towards (i.e. favours) one of them (over the other), will come on the Day of Resurrection with half of his body leaning.” (Narrated by Abu Dawood, 2/242; al-Tirmidhi, 3/447; al-Nasaa’i, 7/64; Ibn Maajah, 1/633; classed as saheeh by al-Haafiz in Buloogh al-Maraam, 3/310, and al-Albaani in Irwaa’ al-Ghaleel, 7/80).
Re: Guidelines On Shaking Hands With Non-mahram by Akpan107(m): 1:43pm On Jan 12, 2020
AntiChristian:

So does this your verse go against sleeping with them?

And this one is being said by Paul.

The one that your 3 God's commanded warriors to keep virgins for themselves...you leave that one right?

How many were the virgins they kept for themselves?

How old were they?

How were they treated after killing their families?
Well, you actually speaks ignorantly!

Firstly, the Christian worship ONE GOD who revealed himself in three persons.

Father
Son
Holy Spirit.

The Father takes the form of a man Jesus, to come into the world and we happily accept our God in the form He has chooses to reveal Himself to us.

He is the Almighty, and He can do whatever pleases Him.

But in the case of the Muslims, their god will appear to them in a form of a SHIN
Sura 68:42

And in Hadith al-bukhari
Book 97, Hadith No 65

... The Islamic god will appear to the Muslims, but unfortunately, the Muslims will reject their Allah, because he has come to them in a shape they can't recognised.

Allah had to go and rechanged his shape before the Muslims accepted him, and prostrated in worship and only then they called Allah their god.

The problem with Muslims is, they're after SHAPE, that's why they rejected Jesus Christ, only to worship a SHIN (sura 68:42) as god

We Christians wholeheartedly accepted Christ Jesus the Messiah, who came in a form of a complete and perfect human, as our God.

Not like those whose god has a birth defects, by having two hands at the right side shoulder
Sunan an-Nasa'i book
Book 49, Hadith 1.

Matthew 22:29-30
Jesus said there is no marriage in Heaven.
So, you're only confusing yourself to think, virgins are for sex in the Christian Heaven.

Only Muslims get 72 virgins for companion in their imaginary heavens.

Re: Guidelines On Shaking Hands With Non-mahram by true2god: 2:27pm On Jan 12, 2020
greygoblings:

Using your God given logic, do you think slavery is right? Not to talk more of having sex with your slave. Putting religion aside and using logic, having another human being like you to serve as your slave without any rights or sense of freedom is downright bad, not to talk more of having sex with them as slaves. So please this shouldn't be justified because she was a slave and an ancient scripture supports it. Look at issues from a humanity and conscience angle.

The scriptures revealing that it is permissible to sleep with your slaves came through the perpetrator after he was reprimanded by his wives, doesn't that tell you something here?
Logic is haram in Islam.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Muslims Do Not Celebrate And Congratulate Non-muslims On Their Festivals? / Kano Grand Mosque Attack, Muslims And Terrorism / Can A Muslim Join the Freemasons Without Losing His Faith?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.