Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,383 members, 7,829,994 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

Guidelines On Shaking Hands With Non-mahram - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Guidelines On Shaking Hands With Non-mahram (15980 Views)

Music When On Hold - The Importance Of Adhering To Islamic Guidelines On Phones / Ruling On Shaking Hands With The Opposite Sex / Ruling On Shaking Hands With Opposite Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guidelines On Shaking Hands With Non-mahram by Luckysbab: 11:40am On Jan 10, 2020
Akpan107:
In Sura 66:1 of the Quran, read what the Islamic god said to the Prophet.

"Do not prohibit what Allah has made lawful to you".

But the Christian God is strongly against sexual immorality, up to the extent Jesus Christ the Messiah said,

"if you look at a woman with lust, have already committed adultery with her in your heart"

Surah No. 17, Al Isra (Bani Israel), Ayat No. 32

o وَلاَ تَقْرَبُواْ الزِّنَى إِنَّهُ كَانَ فَاحِشَةً وَسَاء سَبِيلاً

Translation :

And do not come near to adultery, it is a shameful deed and an evil, and opening the road to other evils.

2 Likes

Re: Guidelines On Shaking Hands With Non-mahram by Rashduct4luv(m): 11:43am On Jan 10, 2020
Akpan107:
Are you saying your Prophet did wrong by disobeying the above verse?

Kindly read my previous verse. Your question has been answered. We can sleep with our wives and slaves!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guidelines On Shaking Hands With Non-mahram by Luckysbab: 11:46am On Jan 10, 2020
Akpan107:
In Sura 66:1 of the Quran, read what the Islamic god said to the Prophet.

"Do not prohibit what Allah has made lawful to you".

But the Christian God is strongly against sexual immorality, up to the extent Jesus Christ the Messiah said,

"if you look at a woman with lust, have already committed adultery with her in your heart"

"Abu Sai'd al-Khudri said : The Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) sent a military expedition to Awtas on the occasion of the battle of Hunain. They met their enemy and fought with them. They defeated them and took them captives. Some of the Companions of the Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) were reluctant to have intercourse with the female captives in the presence of their husbands who were unbelievers. So Allah, the Exalted, sent down the Qur'anic verse: [Sura 4:24) "And all married women (are forbidden) unto you save those (captives) whom your right hands possess." That is to say, they are lawful for them when they complete their waiting period. (1479)" Abu Dawud vol.2:2150 p.577

After the distribution of the spoils of war a man may have intercourse with the female slave after passing one menstrual period, if she is not pregnant. If she is pregnant one should wait till she delivers the child. This is the view held by Malik, al-Shafi'i and Abu Thawr. Abu Hanifah holds that if both the husband and wife are captivated together, their marriage tie still continues; they will not be separated. According to the majority of scholars, they will be separated. Al-Awza-I maintains that their marriage tie will continue till they remain part of the spoils of war. If a man buys them, he may separate them if he desires, and cohabit with the female slave after one menstrual period. ('Awn al-Ma'bud II.213)" Note that Mohammed married Safiyah right after the battle. Abu Dawud vol.2 footnote 1479 p.577-578.
Re: Guidelines On Shaking Hands With Non-mahram by Akpan107(m): 11:49am On Jan 10, 2020
Luckysbab:

Surah No. 17, Al Isra (Bani Israel), Ayat No. 32

o وَلاَ تَقْرَبُواْ الزِّنَى إِنَّهُ كَانَ فَاحِشَةً وَسَاء سَبِيلاً

Translation :

And do not come near to adultery, it is a shameful deed and an evil, and opening the road to other evils.
You deliberately skipped what Allah said to the Prophet, PBUH.

Hafsat and Aisha, Prophet Muhammad's (s.a.w) wives, were bittered by His actions, and persuaded him not do that again...

Unfortunately, the verse came that Muhammad should not prohibit what Allah has made lawful.

Sura 66:1

1 Like

Re: Guidelines On Shaking Hands With Non-mahram by Akpan107(m): 11:50am On Jan 10, 2020
Rashduct4luv:

Kindly read my previous verse. Your question has been answered. We can sleep with our wives and slaves!
Hahaha

Re: Guidelines On Shaking Hands With Non-mahram by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jan 10, 2020
Luckysbab:

"Abu Sai'd al-Khudri said : The Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) sent a military expedition to Awtas on the occasion of the battle of Hunain. They met their enemy and fought with them. They defeated them and took them captives. Some of the Companions of the Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) were reluctant to have intercourse with the female captives in the presence of their husbands who were unbelievers. So Allah, the Exalted, sent down the Qur'anic verse: [Sura 4:24) "And all married women (are forbidden) unto you save those (captives) whom your right hands possess." That is to say, they are lawful for them when they complete their waiting period. (1479)" Abu Dawud vol.2:2150 p.577

After the distribution of the spoils of war a man may have intercourse with the female slave after passing one menstrual period, if she is not pregnant. If she is pregnant one should wait till she delivers the child. This is the view held by Malik, al-Shafi'i and Abu Thawr. Abu Hanifah holds that if both the husband and wife are captivated together, their marriage tie still continues; they will not be separated. According to the majority of scholars, they will be separated. Al-Awza-I maintains that their marriage tie will continue till they remain part of the spoils of war. If a man buys them, he may separate them if he desires, and cohabit with the female slave after one menstrual period. ('Awn al-Ma'bud II.213)" Note that Mohammed married Safiyah right after the battle. Abu Dawud vol.2 footnote 1479 p.577-578.

The bolded is so funny. So those men were reluctant in having sexual inter course raping those women which was their human conscience speaking but all of a sudden grin Allah sent down a Quranic verse like lightening from the skies to tell them its okay to fvck them since they are slaves grin chai.

14 Likes

Re: Guidelines On Shaking Hands With Non-mahram by Rashduct4luv(m): 12:10pm On Jan 10, 2020
greygoblings:

Using your God given logic, do you think slavery is right? Not to talk more of having sex with your slave. Putting religion aside and using logic, having another human being like you to serve as your slave without any rights or sense of freedom is downright bad, not to talk more of having sex with them as slaves. So please this shouldn't be justified because she was a slave and an ancient scripture supports it. Look at issues from a humanity and conscience angle.

The scriptures revealing that it is permissible to sleep with your slaves came through the perpetrator after he was reprimanded by his wives, doesn't that tell you something here?

First and foremost, how were slaves being treated before Islam?
And how were they treated afterwards?

Slaves were just mere properties that can be sold or used as the owner deem fit! Islam gave them right as freeing them became a good deed in Islam.
So, that the wives were jealous is normal. And sleeping with slaves is also normal taking in to consideration the settings back then.

Your final claim is unfounded as the Qur'an verse i quoted above is explicit enough

Qur'an 23:5-6
And those who guard their chastity (i.e. private parts, from illegal sexual acts)
Except from their wives or (the captives and slaves) that their right hands possess, for then, they are free from blame;
Re: Guidelines On Shaking Hands With Non-mahram by Luckysbab: 12:13pm On Jan 10, 2020
Ardar:

The bolded is so funny. So those men where reluctant in having sexual inter course raping those women which was their human conscience speaking but all of a sudden grin Allah sent down a Quranic verse like lightening from the skies to tell them its okay to fvck them since they are slaves grin chai.

I don't understand you.

The same war captives that are normally executed?

Have you come across war captives that are treated as freeborns?
Re: Guidelines On Shaking Hands With Non-mahram by Rashduct4luv(m): 12:14pm On Jan 10, 2020
BlackSeptember:
Is your slave your wife?
Islam is one damn fake and terrible religion.
So Mohammed was sleeping with his slaves?
He is an idiot if it's true

Of sleeping with slaves is permissible in Islam. No one is an idiot for doing this. The slave trade of Africans in US and other countries were extremely terrible than what you call idiotic or stupid. I think you are the one spilling nonsense without adequate thought.

2 Likes

Re: Guidelines On Shaking Hands With Non-mahram by infohenry(m): 12:21pm On Jan 10, 2020
Reading through post here, I don't I now see reason with book haram , the almighty prophets support adoption of female and turning them into slaves. So president should stop telling more they are not practising Islam.

5 Likes

Re: Guidelines On Shaking Hands With Non-mahram by AntiChristian: 12:23pm On Jan 10, 2020
BlackSeptember:
Is your slave your wife?

Keep shut! Your religion has the worst treatment for females slaves! HYPOCRITES!!!
Akpan107:
If shaking hands with women is wrong, what do we say about prophet Muhammad s.a.w who had sex with a lady who is not his wife?,

According to Hadith Sunan an-Nasa'i Book 36, Hadith No.21

It a Sahih Hadith, before you say is da'if.
greygoblings:

Using your God given logic, do you think slavery is right? Not to talk more of having sex with your slave. Putting religion aside and using logic, having another human being like you to serve as your slave without any rights or sense of freedom is downright bad, not to talk more of having sex with them as slaves. So please this shouldn't be justified because she was a slave and an ancient scripture supports it. Look at issues from a humanity and conscience angle.

The scriptures revealing that it is permissible to sleep with your slaves came through the perpetrator after he was reprimanded by his wives, doesn't that tell you something here?
Re: Guidelines On Shaking Hands With Non-mahram by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jan 10, 2020
Luckysbab:

I don't understand you.

The same war captives that are normally executed?

Have you come across war captives that are treated as freeborns?

Of course I know how war captives were treated then which was not morally right by the way but what I don't get is how your God immediately justified the rape of innocent women by sending down a verse at that moment. Abi you need the permission of Allah to rape women?

10 Likes

Re: Guidelines On Shaking Hands With Non-mahram by AntiChristian: 12:29pm On Jan 10, 2020
Ardar:

Of course I know how war captives were treated then but what I don't get is how your God immediately justified the rape of innocent women by sending down a verse at that moment.

Was it a rape?
Re: Guidelines On Shaking Hands With Non-mahram by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jan 10, 2020
AntiChristian:

Was it a rape?

No, they gave their bodies willingly to complete strangers who were soldiers while their husbands were there looking on like mumu.

10 Likes

Re: Guidelines On Shaking Hands With Non-mahram by Abidx22(m): 12:41pm On Jan 10, 2020
Why are people so quick to jump into matters which directly or indirectly has no effect whatsoever on their lives? Every religion has its own principles, rules and regulations which guide the conduct of its followers. It is believed whoever follows such are in the right path while those who do otherwise are threading on an unacceptable path. Islam is defined on such pedestals and it is quite disturbing if people of other faith could comment on basic Islamic doctrine with the view to bringing down the religion or making it look barbaric without even understanding the context upon which some of these principles were built on.
In a supposed free world, this is highly uncalled for saddening. When you don't feel at home with something, feel free to ask questions or better still, ignore completely. The sky is wide enough for two birds to fly without them getting in each others ways.
Always learn to respect the other people's religion. Failure to do so is the beginning of religious intolerance which most folks on here have accused Muslims of.[b][/b]

1 Like

Re: Guidelines On Shaking Hands With Non-mahram by Akpan107(m): 12:42pm On Jan 10, 2020
AntiChristian:

Keep shut! Your religion has the worst treatment for females slaves! HYPOCRITES!!!
Support your claims with evidence!

A prophet sleeping with lady who is not his wife can't be justified.

It's a great sin in the sight of the true God!!!

Bible says, every sexual immorality outside marriage is a Sin!

We all have to obey the command of the Holy God.

7 Likes

Re: Guidelines On Shaking Hands With Non-mahram by AntiChristian: 12:42pm On Jan 10, 2020
Ardar:

No, they gave their bodies willingly to complete strangers who were soldiers while their husbands were there looking on like mumu.

So just because it was not willingly then its wrong?

Tell me which law forbids this?
Re: Guidelines On Shaking Hands With Non-mahram by AntiChristian: 12:43pm On Jan 10, 2020
Akpan107:

A prophet sleeping with lady who is not his wife his can't be justified.

You mentioned the Bible? I am coming to kill you soon!
Re: Guidelines On Shaking Hands With Non-mahram by Nitah1: 12:45pm On Jan 10, 2020
pls nairalanders...i need ur help urgent to retrieve my money from central bank.l mistakenly paid school fees thru remita and the school refused to recognise it.
Re: Guidelines On Shaking Hands With Non-mahram by Akpan107(m): 12:46pm On Jan 10, 2020
AntiChristian:

You mentioned the Bible? I am coming to kill you soon!
I am here for you... but then, how do you justify a prophet who had sex with a lady who is not his wife?

6 Likes

Re: Guidelines On Shaking Hands With Non-mahram by AntiChristian: 12:47pm On Jan 10, 2020
Akpan107:

A prophet sleeping with lady who is not his wife can't be justified.

Let's start here.

Exodus 21:20-21

When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property

So you can beat your slave as much as you like, just make sure IT doesn't die, and I call the slave it since a slave is a mere possession according to the Bible.
Re: Guidelines On Shaking Hands With Non-mahram by Nitah1: 12:48pm On Jan 10, 2020
greygoblings:

But there was Arab slave traders.
And they are still keeping them to date.
Re: Guidelines On Shaking Hands With Non-mahram by AntiChristian: 12:48pm On Jan 10, 2020
Akpan107:
I am here for you... but then, how do you justify a prophet who had sex with a lady who is not his wife?

Mention the law that forbids that at the time? Where there's no law no sin!
Re: Guidelines On Shaking Hands With Non-mahram by Sagay212: 12:50pm On Jan 10, 2020
Luckysbab:

It goes to show how intolerant you Christians are of the belief of others.

I mean you already made the tension between America and Iran a Christian vs Islam thing. Why won't you dark hearts be put on a short leash?

The most hate comments on this forum are from you folks. You deserve to be treated like the deranged fellows you are.

You should stop talking about intolerance if you don't know the meaning. That's why we encourage you to allow your children get proper education instead of some Arabic recitations gibberish that fuels their intolerance and make them end up blowing up innocent people because they cannot think critically and for themselves.

How the phuck can any Muslim on NL be talking about intolerance when ya'll support that useless oath/condition that make others accept Allah before they can comment on a Muslim topic on a public forum? If you cannot allow people comment freely on the internet which you do not own without accepting your Allah, I wonder what you will do to people physically for not accepting Allah. You wonder why boko haram, ISIS and other useless, cursed terrorists are killing non muslims because they want them to accept Allah by force?

Having people accept some plucking oath to comment on an internet forum is subtle terrorism. And whether ya'll like it or not, terrorism will not be tolerated whether covert or open. I really wonder why the owner of NL will allow such on a forum that should be for everyone irrespective of religion. Why allow people bring their useless extremisim to your forum.
You can imagine Seun which claims to be an atheist and owner of NL having to accept Allah just to share his opinion on a Muslim thread on a forum he owns. Sure he is very tolerant to allow them, but why can't they be tolerant to allow anybody share their opinions on their thread. Yet they go about yapping trash on other people's thread without being coerced into accepting any condition or faith. Bulls.hit

10 Likes

Re: Guidelines On Shaking Hands With Non-mahram by Sagay212: 12:57pm On Jan 10, 2020
Rashduct4luv:

Your statement is ambiguous and anyone reading this will have reservations.....

But the lady in question was his slave.

Qur'an 23:5-6
And those who guard their chastity (i.e. private parts, from illegal sexual acts)
Except from their wives or (the captives and slaves) that their right hands possess, for then, they are free from blame;

You cannot accept handshake from a woman, but you can phuck your slave even if she doesn't want it? Lol. You guys are something else.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guidelines On Shaking Hands With Non-mahram by Sagay212: 1:01pm On Jan 10, 2020
BlackSeptember:
Is your slave your wife?

Lmao! It's damn ridiculous and funny how they try so had to defend some actions. Someone has more than one wife ,yet goes to phuck a slave? How do we know the slave wasnt phucked against her wish? Why not marry the slave if you were so much interested in her so you can phuck her as you like.

The man must have been very randy. Liking them young and cheating on his wives.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guidelines On Shaking Hands With Non-mahram by BlackSeptember: 1:03pm On Jan 10, 2020
Rashduct4luv:

Of sleeping with slaves is permissible in Islam. No one is an idiot for doing this. The slave trade of Africans in US and other countries were extremely terrible than what you call idiotic or stupid. I think you are the one spilling nonsense without adequate thought.
So you can sleep with your female slave because of Mohammed was busy having orgies with his own.

Islam is not allowed in a civilized world

3 Likes

Re: Guidelines On Shaking Hands With Non-mahram by Khaleell001(m): 1:03pm On Jan 10, 2020
Sagay212:
Almost everything is forbidden for you ,yet it is a religion of peace. Ordinary to comment on a post you have to accept to some useless terms yet you can comment on other peoples thread freely without any terms or condition. Religion of peace indeed.

Yes.
we are guided not by the "spirit" but the law of Almighty Allāh.
Go deal with that.
Re: Guidelines On Shaking Hands With Non-mahram by Khaleell001(m): 1:04pm On Jan 10, 2020
budaatum:
Its obviously not just your hands that should supposedly not touch "non-Mahram men and women", whatever that means, neither should any part of your body, I suppose. Hopefully, people who can't reason but believe this also avoid touching others when they walk down a busy street or get on public transport.

Best advise is go live in the desert by yourself! Though "non-Mahram men and women" appears to mean relatives one should not marry, and not those one should not shake hands with or touch as this thread seems to falsely imply.

I think you are confused.
Really, You are!
Re: Guidelines On Shaking Hands With Non-mahram by Khaleell001(m): 1:12pm On Jan 10, 2020
Akpan107:
please, kindly read the Hadith for better understanding.

Go to Sunnah.com, then (search, the prophet intercourse with mariya) if you don't have a copy of Hadith.

The lady's name Prophet Muhammad s.a.w had sex with is MARIYA.
Sunan an-Nasa'i book 36, Hadith 21.

Thank you.

The point is, you are using your Christian doctrine to judge Islām and that's your first mistake.

Islām and Christian aren't the same.

A Christian can "supposedly" (there's no biblical proof to support this claim) marry only one wife while Islam says one can marry up to four maximum.

So, stop this your ogogoro behavoiur and think straight.

Mariya or Mariam alcQutibiyyah was a concubine of the prophet and concubinage is allowed in Islām.

So,what's your headache dumbo?!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Muslims Do Not Celebrate And Congratulate Non-muslims On Their Festivals? / Kano Grand Mosque Attack, Muslims And Terrorism / Can A Muslim Join the Freemasons Without Losing His Faith?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.