Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,217 members, 7,836,053 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:59 PM

What Are You Grateful For In 2019????? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Are You Grateful For In 2019????? (10192 Views)

As This Year Is Coming To An End, What Are You Grateful For? / What Are Mistakes You Made In 2019 That You Wouldn't Like To Repeat After 12am? / After 4 Consecutive Years Of Death In Her Family, Lady Grateful For 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are You Grateful For In 2019????? by annayawchee: 11:33am On Dec 31, 2019
I'm grateful for so many things. .. 2020 please be nicer
Re: What Are You Grateful For In 2019????? by larica69: 11:36am On Dec 31, 2019
Praise God! I have had seasonal depression for years. On October 20 this year I almost ended it all. I had a tokunbo Camry I bought for 1.5m. Tried using it for uber, within weeks car developed overheating issues. I spent close to 140k to fix but car ended up messed up by mechanic. Ended up selling car for 800k. Couldn't eat or walk around my neighbouhood for weeks. The day I managed to go out, I went straight to jibowu, bought a big bottle of Gordons gin and two snipper(I still keep them till today). I took a bus to Abuja so I can find a place to end it all. While I was sitting at a riverside waiting for darkness a WhatsApp message came from a lady asking if I already sold my 4 plots in mowe. There and then I realised damn....I still have plots of land worth like 20m in today's value...why die and other people sell and use money for frivolities? Note that my wife is white and lives in her country with my daughter.

Although I have never been without a car for 19yrs but today I am. I used the 800k I got from the car to set up a plantain farm. I'm now producing plantain chips and its fast growing, lots of traffic hustlers had booked in thousands of sachets......Folks please with tears in my eyes as I'm typing, dont ever contemplate suicide no matter the situation. Bad times only prepare you for better days ahead. See how God changed my story within 3 months. God that changed my shame to pride will bless you all, be strong, find a church or better still a camp. Take long walks, beg God passionately for direction,
trust me, it may take long but if you don't give up you will be fine...tears of joy���

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are You Grateful For In 2019????? by Uche0610(m): 11:36am On Dec 31, 2019
I really thank God for his patience and grace upon my life. Though this year had it challenges but am grateful that where i am today is better than where i was yesterday. I pray to God for more grace in 2020.
Re: What Are You Grateful For In 2019????? by GGirll: 11:36am On Dec 31, 2019
I'm so grateful for my life n that of my family n friends. In grateful for all NL supermods n members....d goods,d bads n d uglies they make or Mar my day sometimes...I'm grateful for d church of God that has kept marching on despite all,I'm grateful for d salvation of my soul,I'm grateful for d free gift of breath else polithiefians would have bought it all alone, I'm grateful for d next level of pain as d voters are not left out!! I'm grateful for everything God did n still doing in my life n family.....I'm grateful for Nigeria.
Re: What Are You Grateful For In 2019????? by Plaouse(m): 11:37am On Dec 31, 2019
Thank you Jesus for this phase of my life.
For the grace you gave me to hear and obey your voice. There' s no gift as precious as this.
Thank you Jesus for all answered prayers. A joyful soul, lord you made me.
Thank you Jesus Christ for the given scholarship.
JESUS from the depth of my heart I'm grateful.
Emmanuel, you were always with me. Thank you, nothing else more special than you being in me.

Lord, words, I swear are never enough, but lord I am soo grateful, I am.

I LOVE YOU JESUS
Re: What Are You Grateful For In 2019????? by Bimpe29: 11:38am On Dec 31, 2019
I am truly grateful to Allah for;

1. Bringing me and my family together after living apart for more than 5 years, due to geographical relocation.

2. For my successful Walimat L Qur'an.

3. For being inducted into a prestigious Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria.

Alihamdulillahi Rabili Alameen for 2019.

2020 shall be better In Sha Allah.
Re: What Are You Grateful For In 2019????? by Richy4(m): 11:38am On Dec 31, 2019
Ok let's see, I guess this is the kinda thread that permits one to derail right?

So let me say that I am thankful for good health and the fact that none of my family members encountered death this year. Unlike 2017 that was almost like a harvest.

I am thankful for the kind of family that I am blessed with. The family that stands by me in every spheres of life. Even when I ignore them they were there like Cancer that refused to be eradicated.

On a lighter note, I am happy that at my age, I can boast of 110 push ups grin.. Growing up in a boarding school those long long time ago, I was wonderful with tracks and field but never knew what to do when it comes to push up.. U can agree with me that when your mates knows what u can't do, They will never let U stay in peace.. it becomes a challenge..U won't even wanna try because u are scared of being laughed at.. I remembered that what I usually do back then was ignore them, go to my locker, take my cup,put cornflakes, sugar and powdered milk , put water, soak it and starts drinking while looking at them like they were the silliest human that walked on the planet .. meanwhile deep down I was envying them..

One of my 2019 new year resolution was to be fit.I told myself that I can do it.. I woke up @5am on weekends (Saturdays and Sundays).. jogs for one hour. Sometimes got beaten by rain on my way which was totally annoying. But all the hard work paid off. I can even see some definitions people calls 6packs.The last time I saw that was when I was 19.. which was like million years ago until fast food and junk food took over.. I can't believe I could do it but I did it..

So my dear family members here on NL.. I may have been annoying based on some of your posts..I may have given some good advice.. I may have given wrong ones... I may have been cheeky too.. I may have replied angrily this year. We are family right? We fight and makeup too.. let us start with a new slat.

This is Richy4 signing off this year and wishing all of u all a happy brand new year.

2 Likes

Re: What Are You Grateful For In 2019????? by Savagethe21st(m): 11:41am On Dec 31, 2019
I'm grateful i no death in my family.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W90ebtj21t4 Hello guys i'm a producer in my teens from lagos NIGERIA chasing my dreams.It would be a huge blessing if someone checked out my beats and subscribe to channel. Comment what you think or critique.Thanks and Godbless.
Re: What Are You Grateful For In 2019????? by Surfacebaba: 11:41am On Dec 31, 2019
yes oooo am grateful to God for life,infact especially, 2019was a miraculous year,were my dad retired from Nigeria police,and I also graduated from university, thank u lord.
Re: What Are You Grateful For In 2019????? by Keiris: 11:41am On Dec 31, 2019
The life of a loved one that was saved. It is a miracle and I will forever be grateful. I am sad this year is ending. It was miraculous but I am embracing 2020 for more miracles to happen in all our lives.
Re: What Are You Grateful For In 2019????? by praz001(m): 11:46am On Dec 31, 2019
Grateful to God i didnt lose all my property to fire accident.

Forgot to put off my gas which burn for 11 hours met it when u returned from work....

My little generator caught fire while still working and close to my big gen. How I managed to put it off I Can't explain....

Lastly,
I decided again boarding a bus which later had accident on the way with some passengers injured and some died....

Grateful!!! Thank you jesus.....

1 Like

Re: What Are You Grateful For In 2019????? by alien1: 11:46am On Dec 31, 2019
Nothing to be grateful for except for good health.
Failed attempts in leaving the country
Failed relationships despite my loyalty
No progress, worst year
Re: What Are You Grateful For In 2019????? by Mayor224: 11:47am On Dec 31, 2019
I thank God for the gift of life. In 2019 I did not have caused to visit hospital, in the same year I became a graduate

Grateful heart, Lord.
Re: What Are You Grateful For In 2019????? by SYLVESTER777: 11:49am On Dec 31, 2019
I thank God for Gift of life for family and myself. 2019 STARTED making 100k/month as side hustle apart from my main job.
Re: What Are You Grateful For In 2019????? by Expert17: 11:51am On Dec 31, 2019
alien1:
No progress, worst year

Good Health s d best gift ever........... ( Visit a general hospital, to confirm dis)

Tins will be better in 2020
Re: What Are You Grateful For In 2019????? by Everrest9(m): 12:00pm On Dec 31, 2019
Thank God for everything. If I should mention it here; nairaland won't contain it.
Re: What Are You Grateful For In 2019????? by Anthos(m): 12:01pm On Dec 31, 2019
2019 was the worst year of my life ...but am still grateful for life ..and expecting a turn around 2020
Re: What Are You Grateful For In 2019????? by opera1(m): 12:02pm On Dec 31, 2019
alien1:
No progress, worst year

Learn how to be grateful to God in all circumstances.

The oxygen dat u are enjoying freely without paying #1, some pple are paying thousands of naira for it.

God has reason for everything.

1 Like

Re: What Are You Grateful For In 2019????? by salisuammy(f): 12:10pm On Dec 31, 2019
I am grateful to God for everything especially a federal government job when I was almost dying at my private teaching job. I am forever grateful to God Almighty.
Re: What Are You Grateful For In 2019????? by Ishilove: 12:13pm On Dec 31, 2019
Growth and wisdom
Re: What Are You Grateful For In 2019????? by eddy55: 12:19pm On Dec 31, 2019
I am blessed with twins, they are both so adorable. A boy and a girl,they came to clean my tears.

2 Likes

Re: What Are You Grateful For In 2019????? by sunday478(m): 12:33pm On Dec 31, 2019
I am greatful to God for life and my family.

just this year I got a new job (FG) , I got my own accommodation 1 BF.

I was introduced to Fiverr and I make more than my salary every month. How greatful can I be
Re: What Are You Grateful For In 2019????? by chumaster(m): 12:34pm On Dec 31, 2019
No death in my immediate family. Take Glory God
Re: What Are You Grateful For In 2019????? by Emma1Oj(m): 12:36pm On Dec 31, 2019
I'm so...grateful to God that despite all odds, He never allowed me or let shame cover me.

Also grateful I'm ending this decade in good health, and increase.

Father God it can only be You!!!!!
Re: What Are You Grateful For In 2019????? by Guest911: 12:37pm On Dec 31, 2019
I wanted to buy
An iPhone X
A car
A MacBook
A house in admiralty way
And secure a PR to Canada

I’m thankful I achieved 3.5 of 5
More work todo next year
Re: What Are You Grateful For In 2019????? by adesharp2(m): 12:39pm On Dec 31, 2019
Good health
Re: What Are You Grateful For In 2019????? by kunlesmiles(m): 12:42pm On Dec 31, 2019
I thank God for d gift of life for me and my family, thank God for d Master's degree and NEBOSH certification, and I trust God to seal it up with a job, by January 2020,i don't know how it will happen, but I trust God fully. No job but am alive, that counts alot, cause only d living can search for a job.
Re: What Are You Grateful For In 2019????? by kunlesmiles(m): 12:50pm On Dec 31, 2019
larica69:
Praise God! I have had seasonal depression for years. On October 20 this year I almost ended it all. I had a tokunbo Camry I bought for 1.5m. Tried using it for uber, within weeks car developed overheating issues. I spent close to 140k to fix but car ended up messed up by mechanic. Ended up selling car for 800k. Couldn't eat or walk around my neighbouhood for weeks. The day I managed to go out, I went straight to jibowu, bought a big bottle of Gordons gin and two snipper(I still keep them till today). I took a bus to Abuja so I can find a place to end it all. While I was sitting at a riverside waiting for darkness a WhatsApp message came from a lady asking if I already sold my 4 plots in mowe. There and then I realised damn....I still have plots of land worth like 20m in today's value...why die and other people sell and use money for frivolities? Note that my wife is white and lives in her country with my daughter.

Although I have never been without a car for 19yrs but today I am. I used the 800k I got from the car to set up a plantain farm. I'm now producing plantain chips and its fast growing, lots of traffic hustlers had booked in thousands of sachets......Folks please with tears in my eyes as I'm typing, dont ever contemplate suicide no matter the situation. Bad times only prepare you for better days ahead. See how God changed my story within 3 months. God that changed my shame to pride will bless you all, be strong, find a church or better still a camp. Take long walks, beg God passionately for direction,
trust me, it may take long but if you don't give up you will be fine...tears of joy���
congrats Sir, so many times av thought about ending it all, but wen I see people in worse positions and not giving up, It automatically brings me back to life. Thanks sir for sharing this.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are You Grateful For In 2019????? by NELLY1990: 12:51pm On Dec 31, 2019
Good health, peace of mind, my marriage is growing like a new planted garden, success, protection, promotion, presence of God in everything that I do. If I count them all, enemies of progress will start getting jealous and will start planning evil against me. God be praised.
Re: What Are You Grateful For In 2019????? by Blessedchild24(m): 12:55pm On Dec 31, 2019
All I have to say is THANK YOU JESUS

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Family Planning And Poverty Reduction / What Is The Secret Of Big Babies And Toddlers / Who Remembers This Scammer? Face Of A Thief

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.