Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,674 members, 7,820,368 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

Jigawa Local Govt Bans Men, Women From Meeting At Night - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Jigawa Local Govt Bans Men, Women From Meeting At Night (406 Views)

Kiss-a-thon: Govt Bans Planned 72-hour Kissing Marathon Event In Ekiti / Pictures Of Nigerian Women From Times Past / Albino's Girlfriend Refused Him From Meeting Her Parents (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jigawa Local Govt Bans Men, Women From Meeting At Night by donogaga(m): 9:52am On Dec 31, 2019
According to the new law, henceforth, members of the opposite sex (even lovers) found violating the law would be sentenced to six months in prison with an option of N50,000 fine.

Jigawa local govt bans men, women from meeting at night

Abubakar Ahmadu Maishanu

The Kirikasamma Local Government Area of Jigawa State, on Monday, enacted a bye-law banning members of the opposite sex from meeting at night.

The local government said this was due to rampant cases of out of wedlock pregnancy among girls.

The local government information officer, Sanusi Doro, said the council chairman, Salisu Kubayo, signed the law after ten councilors of the local government area unanimously agreed to it during a council meeting.

According to the new law, henceforth, members of the opposite sex (even lovers) found violating the law would be sentenced to six months in prison with an option of N50,000 fine.

Mr Doro said true lovers can only meet during the day to discuss. The signing of the law was done in a ceremony widely attended by residents of the area including the chief imam of the community.

Also, the leader of the local government’s councillors, Sa’idu Marma, said enacting the law becomes paramount following growing complaints from parents about incidences of out of wedlock pregnancy allegedly due to the night meetings and discussion between the opposite sexes.

Mr Marma added that as leaders they would be held responsible for the success as well as failure in the council area. He said fornication and unwanted pregnancy among girls is a major challenge bedeviling the council area which necessitated the enactment of the law.

Also at the event, the Chief Imam of Kirikasamma local government, Ali Liman, lamented the alien tradition of boys and girls frequently partying at various locations in the council area. He said this has resulted in many immoral activities between the opposite genders.

Mr Liman commended the council chairman on the new law. He said it would help in addressing the social vices which have become a nightmare for parents in the council area.

At the event, none of the officials discussed why modern family planning techniques, such as access to contraceptives, was not considered as an alternative to the unplanned pregnancies.

Jigawa, in North-western Nigeria, like most parts of the region, is a largely conservative state whose residents are predominantly Muslims.

The new law in the Jigawa council area comes days after Kano State banned members of the opposite sex from boarding the same commercial tricycles.

https://www.facebook.com/513141502358014/posts/1089340031404822/
Re: Jigawa Local Govt Bans Men, Women From Meeting At Night by Sabby1(m): 9:55am On Dec 31, 2019
Na wa oh
Though, from Mr Marma's speech, enacting the law seem like the only remedy for the fornication and unwanted pregnancy bedeviling girls in the council and as leaders they would be held responsible for the success as well as failure in the council area.

To a large extent, I support the law
Re: Jigawa Local Govt Bans Men, Women From Meeting At Night by jaytee01(m): 9:57am On Dec 31, 2019
How will this law be enforced when majority of those tasked with enforcing it are guilty of puna drilling activities there?
Re: Jigawa Local Govt Bans Men, Women From Meeting At Night by reccy(m): 9:59am On Dec 31, 2019
This is good development... If not for devilish act, why would two opposite sex meet at night? Abeg I support this law!
Re: Jigawa Local Govt Bans Men, Women From Meeting At Night by StrikeBack(m): 10:01am On Dec 31, 2019
I like this law
As far as I'm concerned jigawa is in 1820
Re: Jigawa Local Govt Bans Men, Women From Meeting At Night by Quality20(m): 10:27am On Dec 31, 2019
they will use tinted cars to sleep wit de girls at nyt or connive with NEPA to sleep wit ladies in isolated corners at nyt
Re: Jigawa Local Govt Bans Men, Women From Meeting At Night by chiommy123(f): 11:06am On Dec 31, 2019
So men and women only sleep together at night?
Re: Jigawa Local Govt Bans Men, Women From Meeting At Night by Charleys: 11:15am On Dec 31, 2019
The law only applies to the poor.

Two adults have to pay 50,000 naira or go to prison for 6 months because they met at night.
Re: Jigawa Local Govt Bans Men, Women From Meeting At Night by Nobody: 11:18am On Dec 31, 2019
shocked

I support this law.
Those who knowa north very well will support this law.
Northerners will claim not to be indulge in sexual immoralities.
During the day they will wear hijab nd cover their full body nd not get close to men.
But at night it will be different ball game. At night u will see under age girls at corners having sex with men d same age with their grand father
I once ask a Moslem friend of mine at Kazaure local govt y they do so, he said at night Allah is sleeping nd will not see their evil deeds.
The worst part of it is that d girls use to wear chain on their waist, I ask one of them wear they do wear it she said its their mother that used to giv them d chain so that they will not get pregnant. The chain is diabolical nd only their husband can cut it so that they will get pregnant
Re: Jigawa Local Govt Bans Men, Women From Meeting At Night by Karemarealty288(m): 11:28am On Dec 31, 2019
cool so meeting in the day time is allowed.

Re: Jigawa Local Govt Bans Men, Women From Meeting At Night by czarr(m): 1:01pm On Dec 31, 2019
Na to wear hijab put small makeup dey waka like woman

(1) (Reply)

I Seriousel Need A Responsible Lady For Marriage / Are There Muslims Here? / Discover Your Personality Via Your Fingers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.