Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,359 members, 7,812,015 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:18 AM

Saharareporters -- Audio Recording Of Pastor Bakare $50,000 AsoRock Bribe Story - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saharareporters -- Audio Recording Of Pastor Bakare $50,000 AsoRock Bribe Story (8973 Views)

See Pics Of Ongoing Renovation At Asorock. / Obanikoro Rubbishes Saharareporters Audio Tape On Ekiti Elections / Obanikoro Disclaims Audio Recording On Ekiti Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saharareporters -- Audio Recording Of Pastor Bakare $50,000 AsoRock Bribe Story by Kobojunkie: 11:00pm On Dec 02, 2010
[size=14pt]ROFLMAO!!! [/size]
Re: Saharareporters -- Audio Recording Of Pastor Bakare $50,000 AsoRock Bribe Story by debosky(m): 11:03pm On Dec 02, 2010
Beaf:

My bad. With more recent developments, I believe my words were a bit early.
From Odumakins words that the Presidency informed the press, do you still think the money was "unsolicitated?"
It seems that SNG might have asked for a bribe and govt definitely told the press about it. Since then, we have heard only one side.

Now this is really pitiful. . . SNG that paid their way to the US and back are now asking Jonathan for a bribe? Is this how low you will stoop to defend the indefensible?

Let's even for one crazy moment assume they asked for a bribe, what kind of desperate person starts bribing everyone who asks for a bribe?  undecided

This is what happens when you tie your identity so much to a candidate. . . .to repudiate what he has done is to repudiate yourself.

You used to be able to reason, but you've completely lost the plot in your maniacal support of GEJ.
Re: Saharareporters -- Audio Recording Of Pastor Bakare $50,000 AsoRock Bribe Story by safariman(m): 11:04pm On Dec 02, 2010
And where did GEJ gets the 50,000 in US currency? the last time I checked, we are still trading in Naira notes
Re: Saharareporters -- Audio Recording Of Pastor Bakare $50,000 AsoRock Bribe Story by Nobody: 11:05pm On Dec 02, 2010
@ debosky
gbam gbam gbam !!!!
Re: Saharareporters -- Audio Recording Of Pastor Bakare $50,000 AsoRock Bribe Story by Eziachi: 11:13pm On Dec 02, 2010
Meldrick:

Mr ill reporter,

When you visit an uncle, a friend or someone you know and he gives you transport money, Is that a bribe? Then you must have collected a lot of bribes ''called transport''.
grin grin grin grin grin
An uncle you said you visited? This is getting better and better by the hour.
,Please tell me where you come from, so that in the next world, I will do all I can to come from there, where uncles give $50k cash for transport.
In Igboland where I come from, you will be lucky if they give a lift to the bus station. In fact they will actually ask to have what you got instead, not stuffing your pocket with American dollars just like that.
You guys will kill me. This is why I love Nigerians, great comedians who can tell you that a white is black even right there in front of you and will defend it with all their might.
Re: Saharareporters -- Audio Recording Of Pastor Bakare $50,000 AsoRock Bribe Story by HUMANITYY: 11:13pm On Dec 02, 2010
before you continue to justify the fiction remember what the pastor said it was for transport, if I could donate a transformer to a community in nigeria which cost me 2.8m, why can`t your president do so, have you you asked yourself how much is Mr president security vote, this is no offense the pastor is just seeking for cheap popularity, i don`t blame him cause as a pastor he continues to swindle people to receive, let him swear he near received a monetary gift after a courtesy call for transport from anyone be it companies or institutions.if the pastor visits Mike Adenuga and visit Segun Arinze who`s transport fare gift do you think will be higher? or may be the pastor was expecting more but could not have then resort to cheap blackmail
Re: Saharareporters -- Audio Recording Of Pastor Bakare $50,000 AsoRock Bribe Story by debosky(m): 11:16pm On Dec 02, 2010
Even if this is an 'uncle' story, when did GEJ become Bakare's uncle?
Re: Saharareporters -- Audio Recording Of Pastor Bakare $50,000 AsoRock Bribe Story by Kobojunkie: 11:20pm On Dec 02, 2010
HUMANITYY:

before you continue to justify the fiction remember what the pastor said it was for transport, if I could donate a transformer to a community in nigeria which cost me 2.8m, why can`t your president do so, have you you asked yourself how much is Mr president security vote, this is no offense the pastor is just seeking for cheap popularity, i don`t blame him cause as a pastor he continues to swindle people to receive, let him swear he near received a monetary gift after a courtesy call for transport from anyone be it companies or institutions.if the pastor visits Mike Adenuga and visit Segun Arinze who`s transport fare gift do you think will be higher? or may be the pastor was expecting more but could not have then resort to cheap blackmail
I don't know if you realize how disturbing it is to know that the post aboves come from a Nigerian, after so many years of our pretending to fight against corruption and bribery in all places.

If you have no clue what the security vote is about and what it ought to be used for, at least do some research. Here is a bit of a report from last year to help get you started . .

Unfortunately, here in Nigeria, such funds are not included in the appropriation whether at the federal or state level. T[b]o make matter worse, these funds are unaudited and unaccounted for. The exact value of the vote is unknown to anyone. There is also no part of the appropriation where it is stated that such a pool of funds should be maintained as security votes in the country. Instead, the malaise has become one of the easiest ways governors allegedly misappropriate funds in their respective states.[/b]

Every year, billions of naira are allegedly squandered under the guise of security votes. The funds suspected to be illegal, are purportedly being used to provide security for the president, governors and their domains, whereas they are being transferred into personal bank accounts. In spite of these huge sums of money, killings, kidnappings, cultism and other security threats are on the increase across the states. At the federal level, funds are allocated to the Ministry of Defence for the upkeep and welfare of the armed forces and the police, yet billions are still voted for the President as security votes whose impact is unknown.

[b][size=13pt]Nigerians were shocked to their marrows in 2006 when the late godfather of Oyo politics, Chief Lamidi Adedibu, revealed that the former state governor, Senator Rashidi Ladoja, was collecting N65 million as security votes every month[/size]. [/b]Adedibu, in an interview with the press on why he instigated the State House of Assembly to impeach ladoja in 2005 said: "Ladoja is too greedy. He was collecting N65 million as security votes every month. You know that governors don't account for security votes. He was to give me N15 million of that every month. He reneged. Later, it was reduced to N10 million, yet he did not give me."

Speaking at a stakeholders' summit on inclusive budgeting in Nigeria recently, the Deputy Speaker of the Anambra State House of Assembly, Hon. Afam Obi, accused governors of the South-east states of misappropriating their security votes which run into hundreds of millions of naira. He attributed the ugly development to the increasing crime rate in the region.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201004070363.html

Even if we pretend for a minute that the fund must have come from the security vote, there is no absolutely no excuse for why a president would hand such money out to members of a political organization !
Re: Saharareporters -- Audio Recording Of Pastor Bakare $50,000 AsoRock Bribe Story by Eziachi: 11:23pm On Dec 02, 2010
blacksta:

No wonder  - people like visiting Aso rock  if not a high priest then it is some dodgy king with hope of receiving the customary transportation  money.  I never knew Aso rock had its own inhouse bank where ridiculous large sums of money are kept no wonder yar adua son could pose with bundles of naira.

To the idio t that says it is customary to hand out large sums of unaccounted money  - I say you must be big foo l .

Can you imagine how many times this kindly of transport money happens everyday, that sometimes, when people comes out of Aso Rock, they behave as if they had been transfigure? Oni of Ife came out of there after June 12 Cancellation and told us that the cancellation is an act of God and he wasn't joking at all.
Now we knew he got some flight money back to his Ife base, that makes him talking like that.
Re: Saharareporters -- Audio Recording Of Pastor Bakare $50,000 AsoRock Bribe Story by Nobody: 11:30pm On Dec 02, 2010
safariman:

And where did GEJ gets the 50,000 in US currency? the last time I checked, we are still trading in Naira notes

Keep in mind that on this same week this same President accused others of being disloyal to Nigerian Economy. What can be more disloyal to our economy than our President giving folks transport money in Abuja in dollars?

is he encouraging taxis and bus fares to now be paid in dollars?
Re: Saharareporters -- Audio Recording Of Pastor Bakare $50,000 AsoRock Bribe Story by Eziachi: 11:32pm On Dec 02, 2010
HUMANITYY:

You are not the only one. My father, when he was alive even in his late 80s bought and installed 4 transformers for our community, when NEPA couldn't.
But the different is the money used belong to him 100% and its for his benefit and that  of the entire community (especially poor masses)  and the legacy will be there years to come.
Your president just gave four financially comfortable men what seems to be public money just like that as their transport money and you are not mad about it, but you are busy making excuses and talking about transformer you bought as the same.
Only last week, Jonathan was preaching to us, how he hasn't got a foreign bank account, now can he tell us what he is doing with dollars in Nigeria? Is Nigerian currency now, dollars or Nigerian taxis no longer accept Naira?
Jesus Christ!!
Re: Saharareporters -- Audio Recording Of Pastor Bakare $50,000 AsoRock Bribe Story by 9ijaMan: 11:54pm On Dec 02, 2010
I'm just wondering why you all seem to have time for Beaf. Beaf/Faeb is a political jobber who gets paid to remain online and to support anything that has GEJ on it and go against any other opinion. If Beaf stops supporting GEJ, he'll have no means of livelihood. Abeg make una leave am alone o! grin grin grin
Re: Saharareporters -- Audio Recording Of Pastor Bakare $50,000 AsoRock Bribe Story by Beaf: 12:09am On Dec 03, 2010
debosky:

Now this is really pitiful. . . SNG that paid their way to the US and back are now asking Jonathan for a bribe? Is this how low you will stoop to defend the indefensible?

Let's even for one crazy moment assume they asked for a bribe, what kind of desperate person starts bribing everyone who asks for a bribe?  undecided

This is what happens when you tie your identity so much to a candidate. . . .to repudiate what he has done is to repudiate yourself.

You used to be able to reason, but you've completely lost the plot in your maniacal support of GEJ.

In that crazy moment, will we also find the reason why it was the govt that informed the press? Why was Odumakin also scared that the govt was "playing dirty" on them?
Really curious!
Re: Saharareporters -- Audio Recording Of Pastor Bakare $50,000 AsoRock Bribe Story by presido1: 12:29am On Dec 03, 2010
trooperz:

@OYB you forgot to mention Aids & grants (grant -in- aid)

n pl grants-in-aid

1. (Government, Politics & Diplomacy) a sum of money granted by one government to a lower level of government or to a dependency for a programme, etc.
2. (Social Science / Education) Education a grant provided by the central government or local education authority to ensure consistent standards in buildings and other facilities,
e.g. China gives $2,000,000,000 grants to Nigeria to combat the AIDs epidemic !, Nigeria dint ask for it but will gladly receive such funds.

But for every gift, there is a price abi? Nigeria by default will gladly let the Chinese come into the domestic market and do business. Ensuring the business
Did Chinese Govt not made such fund available for that purpose? The Grant as you said has its portion in Chinese Budget and it will be accounted for at the end of the fiscal yr. Sometimes we deserve what we get from our govt. if a citizen can make this comment of yours. Tomorrow you will come out and complain how bad all the fed roads are yet you are in support of $50k transport money from Abj to Lag. You are a disgrace to to your family.
Re: Saharareporters -- Audio Recording Of Pastor Bakare $50,000 AsoRock Bribe Story by nduchucks: 12:30am On Dec 03, 2010
[size=20pt]I miss the good ol' Beaf. The Olodo used to be objective and fun to debate. He has since turned into a Rakumin dajij. We shall continue our fun activities after the elections, unless you change ya ways. [/size]
Re: Saharareporters -- Audio Recording Of Pastor Bakare $50,000 AsoRock Bribe Story by Beaf: 12:31am On Dec 03, 2010
^
I had been wondering when you would remove your thousand useless masks and post as yourself. Lolz.
Me too, I de wait for after elections. Thats when sanity will return to you guy's debating skills.
Re: Saharareporters -- Audio Recording Of Pastor Bakare $50,000 AsoRock Bribe Story by nduchucks: 12:35am On Dec 03, 2010
Beaf:

^
I had been wondering when you would remove your thousand useless masks and post as yourself. Lolz.

Oh dear, the ailment is worse than I thought. Please do not give others unnecessary credit because there is only one Ndu_Chucks here. olodo rabata oju eja loma je. Ewu can beer.
Re: Saharareporters -- Audio Recording Of Pastor Bakare $50,000 AsoRock Bribe Story by Beaf: 12:39am On Dec 03, 2010
^
Abeg flee!
Who is giving you credit for multiplying like a unicellular organism? How can that be worth any credit?
Ode buruku!
Re: Saharareporters -- Audio Recording Of Pastor Bakare $50,000 AsoRock Bribe Story by roymary: 1:52am On Dec 03, 2010
I hope we get outta this mess somehow and someday. SNG? I won't give no credit at this point, I sincerely believe we still have more setback because the citizens of this great nation Naija ( trying to piss off Madam Dora) has lil or no effect on the government.
I dunno how but i know we need to create a stronger voice that could be heard loud and clear in Aso Rock.

Election down here is mere formality. I'm not moved.
Re: Saharareporters -- Audio Recording Of Pastor Bakare $50,000 AsoRock Bribe Story by Kobojunkie: 2:02am On Dec 03, 2010
roymary:

I hope we get outta this mess somehow and someday. SNG? I won't give no credit at this point, I sincerely believe we still have more setback because the citizens of this great nation Naija ( trying to piss off Madam Dora) has lil or no effect on the government.
I dunno how but i know we need to create a stronger voice that could be heard loud and clear in Aso Rock.

Election down here is mere formality. I'm not moved.

As long as we sit folding our arms, things will not auto magically change themselves. I have said it over and over now, not until we start demanding change, will we get it. If it turns out that the president did offer $50,000, and that this practice is common place in, of all places, Aso Rock, then I see no reason why anyone who desires change will not do all it will take to ensure that this ragtag team leading the country today is sent packing come next election.
Re: Saharareporters -- Audio Recording Of Pastor Bakare $50,000 AsoRock Bribe Story by roymary: 2:11am On Dec 03, 2010
Kobojunkie:

As long as we sit folding our arms, things will not auto magically change themselves. I have said it over and over now, not until we start demanding change, will we get it. If it turns out that the president did offer $50,000, and that this practice is common place in, of all places,  Aso Rock, then I see no reason why anyone who desires change will not do all it will take to ensure that this ragtag team leading the country today is sent packing come next election.

The problem here is nobody wants to stand up for a fight. Not physical fight but the courage to say NO and stand by it. There are no real men here again; everybody wants to live to spend the lil money they saved in the banks.

Crime is holding this country together. Funny huh? But considering my residential environment, 90% lives on stolen fortune or ill gotten cash. They are not going to fu-cking stand up for no one else and my lil brothers growing up don't wanna fight too, they want to make quick money and not freedom nor fight for equity.

Honestly, togetherness in this country is nothing to rely on; so i just hope for a miracle because one or two ordinary people can't make the move for a real change. Few have tried and were later offered millions then they went mute.

Like i said, miracle is what we truly need. I hope God intervenes.
Re: Saharareporters -- Audio Recording Of Pastor Bakare $50,000 AsoRock Bribe Story by Kobojunkie: 3:36am On Dec 03, 2010
^^^ I completely get your message but we still have a huge problem that we either need to decide if we want to tackle or just want to continue to live with. I mean all we here is how bad the system is and how corrupt the system is. So, are we willing to step up to do something or just accept the badge the world has given us as a result of the mess we continue to live daily?
Re: Saharareporters -- Audio Recording Of Pastor Bakare $50,000 AsoRock Bribe Story by Nobody: 5:43am On Dec 03, 2010
i wonder if due and customary transport allowance's are part of the budget?

remember all those pastors and imams who trooped to aso rock to declare they had seen yardua, and that he was healthy?

how much 'due and customary' do you think they collected?
Re: Saharareporters -- Audio Recording Of Pastor Bakare $50,000 AsoRock Bribe Story by Kobojunkie: 5:48am On Dec 03, 2010
oyb:

i wonder if due and customary transport allowance's are part of the budget?

remember all those pastors and imams who trooped to aso rock to declare they had seen yardua, and that he was healthy?

how much 'due and customary' do you think they collected?

Na wa ooo!!! That crossed my mind yesterday as it almost seemed logical to conclude they must have gotten "transport money" for them to tell such a lie to the whole nation.
Re: Saharareporters -- Audio Recording Of Pastor Bakare $50,000 AsoRock Bribe Story by Nobody: 5:55am On Dec 03, 2010
there's probably a going rate

general visit 50k
endorsement visit 75k
visit to show solidarity 100k

and so on and so forth

say, does this fresh air smell like the same old sewer, or is it me ?
Re: Saharareporters -- Audio Recording Of Pastor Bakare $50,000 AsoRock Bribe Story by Koikoi(m): 9:29am On Dec 03, 2010
methinks something is missing. money was collected, counted and the denominations recorded, why return it again? couldn't sng just refuse it from the begining and save us this hullabalu? i smell a rat.
Re: Saharareporters -- Audio Recording Of Pastor Bakare $50,000 AsoRock Bribe Story by vedaxcool(m): 10:02am On Dec 03, 2010
^^^

Keep smelling a rat, while your Govt is dashing money that do not belong to them! i wonder why people are holding brief for the Govt, don't they know they are in Nigeria, where Kola signifies Gift and bribe at the same time. Fanatics in Political circles are more Irritating that Fanatics in religious circle. From my study of GEJ I know that he could be that dumb to have doled out $50Quips just for transport, He probably eat bread that cost $10000 and his wrist watch cost $20000 so the $50k was just like change in his pocket. He should have instead bribe the electorate directly by providing the right infrastructure than condescending to the level of making himself an overt fool. methinks that GEJ should fire the bribe giving tout of his before he looses his precedency and throw us into katakata.
Re: Saharareporters -- Audio Recording Of Pastor Bakare $50,000 AsoRock Bribe Story by Beaf: 10:26am On Dec 03, 2010
Koikoi:

methinks something is missing. money was collected, counted and the denominations recorded, why return it again? couldn't sng just refuse it from the begining and save us this hullabalu? i smell a rat.

Exactly! I'm of the opinion that they only returned the money after govt had whispered to the press. If not, why should Odumakin say they were scared govt was "playing dirty" by going to the press?
Re: Saharareporters -- Audio Recording Of Pastor Bakare $50,000 AsoRock Bribe Story by ndigbo: 10:35am On Dec 03, 2010
@Beaf, i was among those  that marched on the streets of Lagos in that ravaging sun to the seat of power in Ikeja and demanded that he GEJ should be allowed to see to the affairs of Nigeria in an acting status!

As much as like GEJ i don't him and his crew giving 7.6m as transport expense allowance to only 4 people. There is no defence as to whether it was a bribe or not! 'Beaf, just let the matter be and stop defending GEJ, unless you are telling us that you are on uncle johnny's pay roll. LOL
Re: Saharareporters -- Audio Recording Of Pastor Bakare $50,000 AsoRock Bribe Story by Kobojunkie: 10:38am On Dec 03, 2010
Koikoi:

Here is a very simple question for you. Who collected, counted, recorded the denominations and then returned the money, as you claim? Just name the person(s) and point us to where exactly you get that from.
Re: Saharareporters -- Audio Recording Of Pastor Bakare $50,000 AsoRock Bribe Story by sochan: 10:39am On Dec 03, 2010
@Beaf,

So we ate turning our attention to those who took rather than those who give? Very starnge country Nigeria.

I have said it, the elections in Delta state will set the scene for the 2011 elections. If people are ready to seek change and fight for change, it will be evident in the forthcoming re-run elections. it should be a good barometer of the peoples desire for change and resilience to stand and defend thier vote.

In Nigeria, wrong has taken a new meaning
Re: Saharareporters -- Audio Recording Of Pastor Bakare $50,000 AsoRock Bribe Story by debosky(m): 11:59am On Dec 03, 2010
Beaf:

In that crazy moment, will we also find the reason why it was the govt that informed the press? Why was Odumakin also scared that the govt was "playing dirty" on them?
Really curious!

If the government were that intelligent, why couldn't they tape SNG asking for the bribe? After all we have tapes of Diya begging for his life, we had Sahara Reporters interviewing Bakare. So the FG as powerful as it is could not either expose SNG's alleged asking for a bribe or simply refuse outright?

Ridiculous.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Are Nigerians So Pessimistic About Nigeria? / PDP Vows To Dislodge ACN From Southwest. Dream Of The Century! / Thunder Strike You There..After Watching This Video And Still Believe In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.