Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,964 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:29 AM

Saharareporters -- Audio Recording Of Pastor Bakare $50,000 AsoRock Bribe Story - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saharareporters -- Audio Recording Of Pastor Bakare $50,000 AsoRock Bribe Story (8971 Views)

See Pics Of Ongoing Renovation At Asorock. / Obanikoro Rubbishes Saharareporters Audio Tape On Ekiti Elections / Obanikoro Disclaims Audio Recording On Ekiti Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saharareporters -- Audio Recording Of Pastor Bakare $50,000 AsoRock Bribe Story by Kobojunkie: 1:17pm On Dec 03, 2010

Panic as presidential policy

Written by Nosa Osaigbovo
Friday, 03 December 2010

. . . .

The president lowers the authority and dignity of his office when he gets involved in petty party matters. His job is to ably run the country and not to settle quarrels over patronage. The president’s mediation does not appear to have brought about reconciliation in the Oyo State PDP.

The president appears ready to do anything, no matter how humiliating, to remain in office beyond May 29. He cut short a trip to Lagos and returned to Abuja when the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) called a nationwide strike. The NLC called a strike over a recommendation and not an agreement, but the president was quick to capitulate. In doing so, he not only committed his government but also the National Assembly to the payment of a new minimum wage. A self-respecting legislature should bristle at such presumptuousness, at such contempt for its independence—separation of powers is a constitutional provision—but the National Assembly is known to have the courage of a coward.

Government employees need a salary increase and those who really work deserve it. Electricity workers went on a provocative strike, but President Jonathan swiftly surrendered to them. And the NLC, which has taken the measure of the president, has demanded that the retirement age be raised from 60 years. The president may panic and make promises if the NLC threatens a strike.

The president recently received the pretentiously named Save Nigeria Group, which is led by the publicity-fixated Pastor Tunde Bakare. The group is reportedly against the president’s candidature in the 2011 election and the president was said to have received the group to persuade it to back him. It seems the president is casting his electoral net wide and does not care whether it catches the salmon of support or the piranha of problems.

Trouble has followed Mr Bakare’s visit and the Presidency is flailing around in a surging sea of scandal. Mr Bakare reportedly claimed that the Minister of Niger Delta, Mr Godsday Orubebe, tried to buy his group’s support with $50, 000. He was reported as saying that the money was delivered by a man unofficially working for the president and that the money was returned to the same man.

Mr Orubebe has denied that money was given to Mr Bakare. He said that a $50, 000 (more than N7 million) bribe would have insulted the ‘stature’ of Mr Bakare.

Mr Orubebe’s offensive and shameless sophistry must have provoked another ‘see how they are wasting our money’ from the policeman who was scandalised by the sight of a long, siren-blaring convoy.

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/mosaic/14259-panic-as-presidential-policy
Re: Saharareporters -- Audio Recording Of Pastor Bakare $50,000 AsoRock Bribe Story by Koikoi(m): 5:34pm On Dec 03, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Here is a very simple question for you. Who collected, counted, recorded the denominations and then returned the money, as you claim? Just name the person(s) and point us to where exactly you get that from.

@debosky
quoting from sahara reporters

Odumakin made sure there were witnesses in the hand over ceremony. i hope that answered your simple question

to me, the whole affair still remain suspicious. Odumakin alleged that the 'other party' leaked the affair to the press.

it just wont add up
Re: Saharareporters -- Audio Recording Of Pastor Bakare $50,000 AsoRock Bribe Story by Kobojunkie: 5:35pm On Dec 03, 2010
Koikoi:

@debosky
quoting from sahara reporters

Odumakin made sure there were witnesses in the hand over ceremony. i hope that answered your simple question

to me, the whole affair still remain suspicious. Odumakin alleged that the 'other party' leaked the affair to the press.

it just wont add up

Please READ THE QUESTION ASKED so you can better answer it. Because I think your post above is NOT in response to the question I asked you which is simple.
Re: Saharareporters -- Audio Recording Of Pastor Bakare $50,000 AsoRock Bribe Story by Koikoi(m): 5:46pm On Dec 03, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Please READ THE QUESTION ASKED so you can better answer it. Because I think your post above is NOT in response to the question I asked you which is simple.

http://www.saharareporters.com/news-page/jonathan%E2%80%99s-50000-bribe-another-sng-delegate-provides-more-details-orubebe-issues-denial

satisfied?
Re: Saharareporters -- Audio Recording Of Pastor Bakare $50,000 AsoRock Bribe Story by Kobojunkie: 5:51pm On Dec 03, 2010
Koikoi:

http://www.saharareporters.com/news-page/jonathan%E2%80%99s-50000-bribe-another-sng-delegate-provides-more-details-orubebe-issues-denial

satisfied?

No, please answer the question. I made sure to ask you a simple and direct question there . . . .

The very report there tells me . . .
. . . Mr. Odumakin revealed that the $50,000 came in “five bundles and all $100”. He added that, in order to guarantee that the money was returned to source, they also called Oronto Douglas, a senior adviser to Jonathan, to inform him of their action.

But you posted this earlier . . . .

Koikoi:

methinks something is missing. money was collected, counted and the denominations recorded, why return it again? couldn't sng just refuse it from the begining and save us this hullabalu? i smell a rat.

And then I asked you

Kobojunkie:

Here is a very simple question for you. Who collected, counted, recorded the denominations and then returned the money, as you claim? Just name the person(s) and point us to where exactly you get that from.

A newspaper article does not answer me here. Just help me with the answers you have is all I ask.
Re: Saharareporters -- Audio Recording Of Pastor Bakare $50,000 AsoRock Bribe Story by Koikoi(m): 6:14pm On Dec 03, 2010
. . . Mr. Odumakin revealed that the $50,000 came in “five bundles and all $100”. He added that, in order to guarantee that the money was returned to source, they also called Oronto Douglas, a senior adviser to Jonathan, to inform him of their action.

it seems you do not understand your own question. how can they return the money if they did not collect it? how did Mr. Odumakin know that the $50,000 came in “five bundles and all $100”
Re: Saharareporters -- Audio Recording Of Pastor Bakare $50,000 AsoRock Bribe Story by Kobojunkie: 6:22pm On Dec 03, 2010
Koikoi:

it seems you do not understand your own question. how can they return the money if they did not collect it? how did Mr. Odumakin know that the $50,000 came in “five bundles and all $100”

Sigh . . . . let me try this another way. Here's hoping this is simpler for you to grasp

The article does not mention anyone COUNTING the money. But are you saying we still need to CONCLUDE that Odumakin counted the money? It is not even possible that at point of receipt, the details of the envelope's contents were revealed to him?

Note: All I am doing is trying to figure out why you smell a rat even with the article telling of what supposedly happened, which is not even UNIQUE in anyway. Not trying to convince you that you are wrong or anything
Re: Saharareporters -- Audio Recording Of Pastor Bakare $50,000 AsoRock Bribe Story by Koikoi(m): 6:38pm On Dec 03, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Sigh . . . . let me try this another way. Here's hoping this is simpler for you to grasp

The article does not mention anyone COUNTING the money. But are you saying we still need to CONCLUDE that Odumakin counted the money? It is not even possible that at point of receipt, the details of the envelope's contents were revealed to him?

Note: All I am doing is trying to figure out why you smell a rat even with the article telling of what supposedly happened, which is not even UNIQUE in anyway. Not trying to convince you that you are wrong or anything

and you are very sure it was supposedly not counted. it supposedly happened this way 'Mr. Odumakin here's an envelope for you containing , how does that sound?  embarassed lipsrsealed
Re: Saharareporters -- Audio Recording Of Pastor Bakare $50,000 AsoRock Bribe Story by Kobojunkie: 6:42pm On Dec 03, 2010
Koikoi:

and you are very sure it was supposedly not counted. very likely they told them the exact amount and the denominations. how does that sound?  embarassed lipsrsealed

Actually,I would think it makes more sense  to assume no counting happened(since we are not told it did), than to assume that Odumakin actually COUNTED the money on his own given that the very report makes no mention of such taking place.
Re: Saharareporters -- Audio Recording Of Pastor Bakare $50,000 AsoRock Bribe Story by naija2much: 1:44pm On Dec 04, 2010
this Bakare self,

lets not fight over this, generally, money change hands when you visit the presidency-that's normal
@beaf: call a spade a spade, the goodluck guy Zap up
@Oyb, goodluck fared badly, agreed, but who is better? IBB-Internationally known and rejected or Atiku (check custom and PTDF). all these politicans are criminals. i dont mind if Saddam Husein resurrect and come and rule us.

this Bakare guy- is he a pastor, a politician, an activist or the Antichrist? he's trying to Save Nigeria with his Group (SNG) but he;s creating plenty chaos, if he's not insulting a politician, he's accusing a pastor, which one he dey self
Re: Saharareporters -- Audio Recording Of Pastor Bakare $50,000 AsoRock Bribe Story by nduchucks: 2:26pm On Dec 04, 2010
What's all the hoopla about bribe because $50,000 was given to SNG as a token of appreciation? Why do you people think that Nigeria is rated as one of the most corrupt nations in the world? Do yo people think that you earned that reputation by sending billions of naira to poorer countries to provide free housing and education to the poor?

Wonders shall never end! GEJ is no visionary as many of you expect, he is parts and parcel of a government wherein corruption is the order of the day. It is time to rid the country of these incompetent and visionless leaders.
Re: Saharareporters -- Audio Recording Of Pastor Bakare $50,000 AsoRock Bribe Story by Beaf: 2:49pm On Dec 04, 2010
^
Charlie, are you not one of them? shocked
Tell NLers your "elected" position na! grin
Re: Saharareporters -- Audio Recording Of Pastor Bakare $50,000 AsoRock Bribe Story by aljharem(m): 2:53pm On Dec 04, 2010
Beaf:

^

i beg sharrp dia

wetin u know mumu angry
Re: Saharareporters -- Audio Recording Of Pastor Bakare $50,000 AsoRock Bribe Story by nduchucks: 2:58pm On Dec 04, 2010
Beaf:

^

Who are you calling Charlie? olodo. Rakimin Dajij
Re: Saharareporters -- Audio Recording Of Pastor Bakare $50,000 AsoRock Bribe Story by Beaf: 3:24pm On Dec 04, 2010
ndu_chucks:

Who are you calling Charlie? olodo. Rakimin Dajij

No vex. There is nothing wrong with that name, is there? Abeg, tell us weda you de government or not so dat we wen no de govt go no who be who.
Re: Saharareporters -- Audio Recording Of Pastor Bakare $50,000 AsoRock Bribe Story by Muza(m): 4:23pm On Dec 04, 2010
Beaf:

No vex. There is nothing wrong with that name, is there? Abeg, tell us weda you de government or not so dat we wen no de govt go no who be who.

Mr Ima Niboro,u dnt quit?
Re: Saharareporters -- Audio Recording Of Pastor Bakare $50,000 AsoRock Bribe Story by Kobojunkie: 4:30pm On Dec 04, 2010
naija2much:

this Bakare self,

lets not fight over this, generally, money change hands when you visit the presidency-that's normal
@beaf: call a spade a spade, the goodluck guy Zap up
@Oyb, goodluck fared badly, agreed, but who is better? IBB-Internationally known and rejected or Atiku (check custom and PTDF).  all these politicans are criminals. i dont mind if Saddam Husein resurrect and come and rule us.

this Bakare guy- is he a pastor, a politician, an activist or the Antichrist?  he's trying to Save Nigeria with his Group (SNG) but he;s creating plenty chaos, if he's not insulting a politician, he's accusing a pastor, which one he dey self

Why do you have a problem with Bakare taking on these identities? Are you jealous or I don't know, are you someone who believes people should not wear more than one coat? I am not a Bakare fan myself but in a country where majority of the pastors sit fattening their behinds each day with the loot of others, I would think people would be happy to know we have a pastor who steps off the pulpit to practice some of what he preaches. Sure, he may ruffle a couple of feathers along the way and cause a bit of commotion on the side, which is what EVERY Nigerian should be out doing to get the change we deserve, so why are you particularly on his case? Do you somehow think he CREATED this story to get attention to himself or his his cause?

And, on your suggestion that one thief is better than the other, do you ask that question because you are sick and tired of having thieves rule over your household? Or are you somehow OK with being ruled by someone who fits your idea of a small thief, rather than another whom you consider a bigger thief, despite them all being thieves?
Re: Saharareporters -- Audio Recording Of Pastor Bakare $50,000 AsoRock Bribe Story by naija2much: 5:55pm On Dec 04, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Why do you have a problem with Bakare taking on these identities? Are you jealous or I don't know, are you someone who believes people should not wear more than one coat? I am not a Bakare fan myself but in a country where majority of the pastors sit fattening their behinds each day with the loot of others, I would think people would be happy to know we have a pastor who steps off the pulpit to practice some of what he preaches. Sure, he may ruffle a couple of feathers along the way and cause a bit of commotion on the side, which is what EVERY Nigerian should be out doing to get the change we deserve, so why are you particularly on his case? Do you somehow think he CREATED this story to get attention to himself or his his cause?

And, on your suggestion that one thief is better than the other, do you ask that question because you are sick and tired of having thieves rule over your household? Or are you somehow OK with being ruled by someone who fits your idea of a small thief, rather than another whom you consider a bigger thief, despite them all being thieves?

hey, i get your point. but which of them is not a thief? Before you accuse most pastors of looting, isn't Bakare one of them looters too? aint he making money from the church business? if you think change is going to come from this rubbish-think again! we've heard more noise than Bakare's.

, and i wont be surprised if he (Bakare) show up to run for presidency soon!
Re: Saharareporters -- Audio Recording Of Pastor Bakare $50,000 AsoRock Bribe Story by Becomrich11: 6:03pm On Dec 04, 2010
you people make me, laugh, one of you said, is $50,000 small for Pastor bakare. I am going to tell you this.

Even some churches in nigeria, thier one offering and tithes is more than $1,000,000. people write cheque of $100,000 in nigeria churches. I use to know someone who did each month.
Re: Saharareporters -- Audio Recording Of Pastor Bakare $50,000 AsoRock Bribe Story by oderemo(m): 6:15pm On Dec 04, 2010
Becomerich/musiwa, shaaaaaaarap or give us name/s.
How on earth will someone in his sane mind write a cheq. For $1000000. For tithe.
U this lier.
P.s i dont want any maps, names pls.
Re: Saharareporters -- Audio Recording Of Pastor Bakare $50,000 AsoRock Bribe Story by Faeb: 6:18pm On Dec 04, 2010
^
Wen trouble sleep, yanga go wake am! grin
I hope you can contain the coming avalanche!
Re: Saharareporters -- Audio Recording Of Pastor Bakare $50,000 AsoRock Bribe Story by Kobojunkie: 6:31pm On Dec 04, 2010
naija2much:

hey, i get your point.  but which of them is not a thief? Before you accuse most pastors of looting, isn't Bakare one of them looters too? aint he making money from the church business?  
I didn't say Pastors themselves are looters. I, however, that much of the money that comes in to the tithe and offering baskets can be classified as stolen money in one way or another. Who knows, Pastor Bakare might himself be a looter, but the main is, he is not an elected looter, in my opinion. He is just like you and I, no political office of any kind, but at least doing what we all ought to be doing, which is going out there to fight for a better candidate to take this nation and get it moving in the right direction.

naija2much:

if you think change is going to come from this rubbish-think again!   we've heard more noise than Bakare's.    

,  and i wont be surprised if he (Bakare) show up to run for presidency soon!
I don't believe in messiahs, especially in this day and age -- I believe the change we, the Nigerian people want and need, will come ONLY if we are willing to fight for it. Bakare is one of us and he is fighting to see the change he wants come to fruition. If you do not like his ideas, then it behooves you to start your own fight for the change you want instead? I am simply saying he is right now doing exactly what you and I, as citizens, ought to be doing. So, why would you, or anyone else out there complaining of what we have come to know as the status quo, want him to stop?

You mention the noise. Can I say that the reason we keep hearing nothing but noise and seeing no change is simply that MOST OF us would rather continue to sit on the sidelines, rather than getting up to support those making the noise, at least to help bring some lasting structure to that noise. Gani, to many people, was simply another noisemaker and that he died, for lack of a better word, a noisemaker speaks of what is wrong in Nigeria. We are the problem. From the one side of our mouths, we proclaim that change is what we want, but by our own actions, we reveal otherwise.
Re: Saharareporters -- Audio Recording Of Pastor Bakare $50,000 AsoRock Bribe Story by Kobojunkie: 6:12am On Dec 05, 2010
ndu_chucks:

What's all the hoopla about bribe because $50,000 was given to SNG as a token of appreciation?
$50,000 as token of appreciation . . . for? For SNGs help in persuading NASS to circumvent the constitution and getting him installed instead as Acting President earlier this year?
Transport gift really sounds like the most ridiculous explanation for the claimed offer. I read somewhere it was meant for Tithe. . . lol
Re: Saharareporters -- Audio Recording Of Pastor Bakare $50,000 AsoRock Bribe Story by nduchucks: 1:25pm On Dec 05, 2010
Token of appreciation indeed. See the intended sacasm in the rest of the post below.
Why do you people think that Nigeria is rated as one of the most corrupt nations in the world? Do you people think that you earned that reputation by sending billions of naira to poorer countries to provide free housing and education to the poor?

Bribe ko, gift without attached strings ni.
Re: Saharareporters -- Audio Recording Of Pastor Bakare $50,000 AsoRock Bribe Story by cogicero: 5:57pm On Dec 05, 2010
@kobojunkie: Bakare is one of the only pastors that does not enrich himself with tithes. He is verily known for not fleecing the flock in the name of tithes.
Re: Saharareporters -- Audio Recording Of Pastor Bakare $50,000 AsoRock Bribe Story by emmaBS(m): 7:27pm On Dec 05, 2010
naija2much:

if you think change is going to come from this rubbish-think again! we've heard more noise than Bakare's.

If you think Bakare is not using a good approach, why not suggest a better approach and then take the lead. You obviously have nothing good to contribute to the betterment of the country and there you are criticizing those making efforts. May God punish your mouth! angry angry angry
Re: Saharareporters -- Audio Recording Of Pastor Bakare $50,000 AsoRock Bribe Story by simplymee: 4:18pm On Dec 06, 2010
Abeg ooooooo.I have noticed that many people bring blames rather than profer solutions concerning matters in NAIJA. Can we work on ourselves within as we deeply need that. ABEG cook better soup make our country partake. All i know is that when u cook for community, them go chop but if COMMUNITY cook for u, U NO GO FIT CHOW.
THATS FOR THE POLITICIANS AROUND US.
Re: Saharareporters -- Audio Recording Of Pastor Bakare $50,000 AsoRock Bribe Story by Kobojunkie: 7:23pm On Dec 06, 2010
simplymee:

Abeg ooooooo.I have noticed that many people bring blames rather than profer solutions concerning matters in NAIJA.  Can we work on ourselves within as we deeply need that. ABEG cook better soup make our country partake. All i know is that when u cook for community, them go chop but if COMMUNITY cook for u, U NO GO FIT CHOW.
THATS FOR THE POLITICIANS AROUND US.

again with this nonsense thinking - - - 

what makes you think the problem is that there are no known and proven solutions out there for most everything that ails Nigeria?

What goal does this "PROFFERING" exercise serve in a case where there are tried and tested solutions that could easily solve most 99% of the problems we complain of each day, if we could only get off our butts and implement them?

In this case, does one really need to explain to grown-ups, many of whom already have experienced the ills of corruption, that bribery is wrong?
Re: Saharareporters -- Audio Recording Of Pastor Bakare $50,000 AsoRock Bribe Story by mafe23(m): 12:47am On Dec 07, 2010
Hi humanitty,

Remember me, Mafe from the travel section: i will give you $100 get other 11 Nigerians to make it up. good luck

Thanks for your concern. I just want you to know that I am presently in Washington DC now. I thank GOD for the touch of his finger in my life. I wouldn't know if your offer of assistance is still open. I'll be needing some funds to keep me on my feet, particularly towards Zubeyr's offer of a job(as regards accomodation) in New York City. Presently, I use the internet connection at the Martin Luther King Public Library DC. You can reach me via my e-mail: aiyesweet@gmail.com.

Thank you
Re: Saharareporters -- Audio Recording Of Pastor Bakare $50,000 AsoRock Bribe Story by bignaija(m): 7:49pm On Dec 07, 2010
this pastor try oh, 50 k a wah
Re: Saharareporters -- Audio Recording Of Pastor Bakare $50,000 AsoRock Bribe Story by opabukun(m): 4:42pm On Dec 08, 2010
That, however, is not the public face of Jonathan. In a speech read for him in Jos by Vice President Namadi Sambo last Saturday, Mr. Jonathan called on Nigerians to ignore politicians who seek to win elections by offering money to groups and individuals.

PLUS INCLUDING HIM OSCOURFE!!!
Re: Saharareporters -- Audio Recording Of Pastor Bakare $50,000 AsoRock Bribe Story by Kobojunkie: 4:13am On Dec 11, 2010
It's been almost 2 weeks and still no news on whether the EFCC or SSS will investigate Pastor Bakare/SNGs Claims.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

GlaxoSmithkline Gets First Nigerian Md / Nigerian Army To Migrate To IPPIS In 2017 – Kemi Adeosun / Banditry: 23,000 Nigerians Sought Refuge In Niger Republic In April

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.