Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,206 members, 7,953,766 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:55 AM

Is It Right For A Man To Depend On A Lady For His Financial Needs? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Right For A Man To Depend On A Lady For His Financial Needs? (6576 Views)

Why Do Ladies Financially Depend On Guys?? / Should A Boyfriend Always Take Care Of His Girlfriend's Financial Needs? / My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right For A Man To Depend On A Lady For His Financial Needs? by TRUSTEDGUY: 12:51pm On Dec 02, 2010
Is it right for a man to depend on a lady for his financial needs?
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Depend On A Lady For His Financial Needs? by hasyak(m): 12:54pm On Dec 02, 2010
indirect suicide mission
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Depend On A Lady For His Financial Needs? by Nobody: 12:59pm On Dec 02, 2010
@poster
it is wrong for ANYBODY (male or female) to depend on a partner for their financial needs UNLESS financial dependency is the only reason they are dating (sugar daddy/mummy).
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Depend On A Lady For His Financial Needs? by mediatrix8(f): 1:05pm On Dec 02, 2010
For me, any man depending his gf/wife on his financial needs is LAZY & IRRESPONSIBLE.Its absolutely WRONG!
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Depend On A Lady For His Financial Needs? by ebonyvibe(f): 1:10pm On Dec 02, 2010
@ mediatrix8

you are a woman after my heart. i agree with you 100%
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Depend On A Lady For His Financial Needs? by Nobody: 1:14pm On Dec 02, 2010
mediatrix8:

For me, any man depending his gf/wife on his financial needs is LAZY & IRRESPONSIBLE.Its absolutely WRONG!

would you think the same way about an able-bodied woman doing the same thing?!
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Depend On A Lady For His Financial Needs? by ebonyvibe(f): 1:31pm On Dec 02, 2010
@ mrbrownjay

Yes depending on the situation moreover womens role are different in a relationship. If she choses not to work and bring up your kid good on her she musst depend on you for everything. As long as you can afford it.

I wish I was a stay at home mum looking after my kids
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Depend On A Lady For His Financial Needs? by freecocoa(f): 1:33pm On Dec 02, 2010
Its wrong for a man/woman to totally depend on their partner financially,both party should be able to support eachorther.and like my love mediatrix rightly said any man who depends on a woman is IRRESPONSIBLE.
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Depend On A Lady For His Financial Needs? by 190: 1:55pm On Dec 02, 2010
yes Its good a guy eats a lady's money!!

Enough is enough,

men are tired

we must eat women's money!!

and they must do our nails!! angry
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Depend On A Lady For His Financial Needs? by Nobody: 2:03pm On Dec 02, 2010
ebonyvibe:

@ mrbrownjay

Yes depending on the situation moreover womens role are different in a relationship. If she choses not to work and bring up your kid good on her she musst depend on you for everything. As long as you can afford it.

I wish I was a stay at home mum looking after my kids

although we have the same views, i found it strange that you see the woman's role as "different".

as a married couple, the needs of a man is to provide for his family (the needs of the wife are exactly the same) so if wifey would rather stay home instead of providing the needed second income for the betterment of that union then i will be extra quick to call her lazy and irresponsible too(even if the husband could make ends meet slaving away).

the only reason wifey should be allowed to take a break from making that union financially stronger is during child baring (give or take 1yr after that depending on the maternity leave package). . . . . . . . . . . .  after that, i would consider it irresponsible to expect ONE income to provide for what you guys needed when you were only 2 in that union, and had 2 incomes.

so as i hear you say you would rather be a stay at home mum taking care of kids, the same kids that would spend most of their days at school anyway, i would be quick to judge you as . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .oh well,  lets leave it at that.
i guess to each their own.
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Depend On A Lady For His Financial Needs? by mediatrix8(f): 2:09pm On Dec 02, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

would you think the same way about an able-bodied woman doing the same thing?!

Man is just like Umbrella and Woman is under the Umbrella, simply means man's  responsibility is to take care of Woman.Though now a days Whatever things a man can do a woman can also do,so for woman depending on their man is case to case basis thus:For married couples that is normal ,if both of them working and help each other financially,it's would be better, but for lovers it's not good as well.Both of them should find their own means to be responsible for themselves.
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Depend On A Lady For His Financial Needs? by Nobody: 2:14pm On Dec 02, 2010
^^^^yeah right?! pls read what i just posted above and if you didnt see it then here it is again:
men's need are to provide for their family, women's need are exactly the same!

they are both holding/under that umbrella
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Depend On A Lady For His Financial Needs? by ebonyvibe(f): 2:17pm On Dec 02, 2010
@ mrbrownjay.

I mean exactly what i said if my husband can afford it (not at the expense of him slaving away) i would stay at home.

I would give you a senario my boss is American and the head of his department for him to relocate the wife has to leave her job as a caterer and look after their five kids two are grown in college two in secondary and one primary. They most of the time never get to see their dad regularly ie he is in brussels, moscow, paris, copenhagen etc.

If that woman should get a job that is it family destroyed rich kids growing up without parental guidance (good receipe for disaster). Why cos she wants to be a caterer.

Now she even helps her husband as most of the time clients want to know the managers personally and often request private dining at his home which he can organise last minute.

This can only work for a woman if the situation was reverse the man will be unable to take up that role and the better advise will be for the woman to spare some capital for him to establish him self.

I would love to spend more time with my kids instead of the few hours i see them every night and weekends i hardly spend quality time with them at the weekend either as it all down to shopping cleaning meeting etc.
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Depend On A Lady For His Financial Needs? by Nobody: 2:24pm On Dec 02, 2010
^^^^ nice example but you failed to point something very important out.
instead of wifey staying at home to care for the kids, why doesnt husband work less and wifey work a little bit more so that BOTH can enjoy spending time with the kids without the financial strain. . . . . . . . . . . . or is it only about women enjoying/raising the kids in your world?!

if the wife could leave her job and relocate then husband can do the same and take a lesser position (for the betterment of the household). the kids are over the rearing period anyway so either can do the job of educating the children well, why should it automatically be wifey?!
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Depend On A Lady For His Financial Needs? by mediatrix8(f): 2:26pm On Dec 02, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

^^^^yeah right?! pls read what i just posted above and if you didnt see it then here it is again:
men's need are to provide for their family, women's need are exactly the same!

they are both holding/under that umbrella

yeah,according to your point,you want a give and take relationship for lovers and married ones ,helping one another to achieve one goal and hates a parasite /taker(for lovers) in a relationship, So do I. wink

@EBONYVIBE

I agree with you and I understand how you feel.If I were to choose, I would love to be a plain house wife to take care of the family provided that my husband can afford it but if I can see he can't do it.I should find by all means to help him and make money for the living.
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Depend On A Lady For His Financial Needs? by ebonyvibe(f): 2:29pm On Dec 02, 2010
I dont know where in the world you live but where i am the salary of a chairman is over 40x that of a caterer.

The guy is not complaining he loves his job neither is the wife. Where as your own ideology come from.

She enjoys the being there for her family and the man has authority both at work and at home

I dont see the problem. I work because my husband cannot carry the family responsiblities alone if he could i wouldnt
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Depend On A Lady For His Financial Needs? by mediatrix8(f): 2:45pm On Dec 02, 2010
ebonyvibe:

. I work because my husband cannot carry the family responsiblities alone if he could i wouldnt
I know that but I believe you are saying that because you feel the pressure of your work plus your time being with your family you just want to concentrate on one side.I just wanna give my sister as an example,She is hard working even when she is single but when she got married her husband obliged her to stay at home and take care of the family ,hence his income is enough for their needs.But as time goes by ,my sister felt so boring staying at home ,yes she is with her children,she can take care of them well even there is house help.She then persuaded her husband to work part time just for her to feel the out side World.Mingle with the people around in that way she feels better ,She feels updated with the World and besides she can use the knowledge she have learned while taking care of the family.
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Depend On A Lady For His Financial Needs? by MsTom(f): 2:47pm On Dec 02, 2010
I completely Understand where MybrownJay is coming from. A man is responsible for the home, likewise a woman and this is so backed up by the bible. A woman is to provide both emotionally, materially and at sometimes or most, financially to the home. A woman can take time off for child bearing and over here, it is usually 6weeks and that is if you have enough personal time(PTOs). The only time I would agree for a woman to stay at home is if the couple agree on her to be home and home school the kids. That way, they are saving. If the child must go to school and you sit at home, to me, that is irresponsible of the woman. Even a stay at home home should be able to have ideas to bring in some form of funds. There are tons of things to do. You could sew for the family and also use that as source of income, have a store to provide some form of income, etc. A woman's goal is to find ways to save money for the family whether you are a stay at home mum or not. Funny, It helps the woman too. what if the man dies? what becomes of her and her children if she is so dependent on the man?
As per a man who sits at home doing nothing except if he is between jobs and is seriously searching or is very sick is IRRESPONSIBLE and according to the bible worse than an infidel. Such men should be ousted.
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Depend On A Lady For His Financial Needs? by SAGoddess: 2:51pm On Dec 02, 2010
@topic - any man who still wants to carry the title of "head of the family" should work and not depend on a woman for financial support. The woman should work too unless her man can afford to take care of the family and they both decide she should stay at home!

I love financial freedom. . . . .
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Depend On A Lady For His Financial Needs? by MrCork7: 2:54pm On Dec 02, 2010
Nigerian womens aint CHOPPING my moiney NO more.__ cheeers!! angry
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Depend On A Lady For His Financial Needs? by freecocoa(f): 3:05pm On Dec 02, 2010
Mr cork,go and lie down inside gutter,do you even have money?broke a$§ nigga like you.lol.
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Depend On A Lady For His Financial Needs? by MrCork7: 3:12pm On Dec 02, 2010
freecocoa:

Mr cork,go and lie down inside gutter,do you even have money?broke a$§ nigga like you.lol.

Correctktion! I drive a BMW with alloy wills. If u see it, u wud wanna have my childrens. truss me wink

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Man To Depend On A Lady For His Financial Needs? by freecocoa(f): 3:20pm On Dec 02, 2010
Mr cork,you are trying to correct me and you can't spell correction,how funny,i'll never want to bear your childrens,truss me.
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Depend On A Lady For His Financial Needs? by ebonyvibe(f): 3:22pm On Dec 02, 2010
May be has time goes by i would want to take a less pressured job but if i had the opportunity now i wouldnt work my kids are still young and i really would like to build that bond with them.

I work in a highly pressure job and sometimes  feel am letting them down. I dont blame my husband cos we both chose our lifestyle.
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Depend On A Lady For His Financial Needs? by Nobody: 3:23pm On Dec 02, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

@poster
it is wrong for ANYBODY (male or female) to depend on a partner for their financial needs UNLESS financial dependency is the only reason they are dating (sugar daddy/mummy).

Errm actually, it's not wrong for a woman to depend on her husband for financial needs!
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Depend On A Lady For His Financial Needs? by MrCork7: 3:23pm On Dec 02, 2010
sweeery may i remind u that the  millionaires & sugar dadddys  u have in nigeria cannot spek english,

& they stlll pull u (no oofeince)
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Depend On A Lady For His Financial Needs? by MrCork7: 3:24pm On Dec 02, 2010
even jonathan goooodaluck cannot read or right (no ofeince) wink
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Depend On A Lady For His Financial Needs? by Mygoldie(f): 3:25pm On Dec 02, 2010
@Op it is wrong, that man must be a woman wrapper, oloshi and a scrub.
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Depend On A Lady For His Financial Needs? by ebonyvibe(f): 3:26pm On Dec 02, 2010
@ Ujujoan

i feel you
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Depend On A Lady For His Financial Needs? by mediatrix8(f): 3:29pm On Dec 02, 2010
Mr¬Cork:

Correctktion!  I drive a BMW with alloy wills.  If u see it, u wud wanna have my childrens.  truss me wink

The dream BMW of Mr Cork, but in fact just have a millennium bike,he riding to her gf's pad grin grin grin

Re: Is It Right For A Man To Depend On A Lady For His Financial Needs? by MrCork7: 3:33pm On Dec 02, 2010
Correcktion! I drive a 2008 BMW X5 (metalick black). believe that!! wink
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Depend On A Lady For His Financial Needs? by MrCork7: 3:36pm On Dec 02, 2010
and by the way, ladies always spend on me, am use to it.

The only time i spend moiney on a ladys is when I use a pay phone to call her to return my things, they r usualy Nigerians (no oofeince) angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Want To Insult Him / My Babe Is Begging Me To Suck Her Pussy? / Rate The Haircut I Gave Myself

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.