Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:51 AM

Should A Boyfriend Always Take Care Of His Girlfriend's Financial Needs? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should A Boyfriend Always Take Care Of His Girlfriend's Financial Needs? (22381 Views)

Is It Right For A Girl To Pamper Her Boyfriend Always? / My Boyfriend Always Tell His Ex Gurlfriend That He Love Her In Front Of Me / My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should A Boyfriend Always Take Care Of His Girlfriend's Financial Needs? by thoniann(m): 6:58am On Nov 27, 2013
Since most ladies on nairaland now deem it unwise to cook for the BOYFRIENDS, for many flimsy reasons and bla bla bla. Is it good to be financially responsible for their upkeep and other needs? Wouldn't it be too much exposure flaunting wealth and care as well? Besides, to whom much is given, much is expected. What do you think nairalanders?

3 Likes

Re: Should A Boyfriend Always Take Care Of His Girlfriend's Financial Needs? by Danhumprey: 7:13am On Nov 27, 2013
You sef know the answer. Some guys wouldn't mind taking care of their girlfriend's needs,even if she doesn't cook for them. While other can't do that. To them,you give,you recieve. You don't give,you don't recieve.

Why would it be right? Are you are father? She is your GIRLFRIEND not WIFE or FIANCEE!!!!!! angry

3 Likes

Re: Should A Boyfriend Always Take Care Of His Girlfriend's Financial Needs? by Mcjonn(m): 7:13am On Nov 27, 2013
Thoniann, I partially agree with you. But if you won't spend on your girlfriend, then don't ask her for favours. But you girls at the other hand should try and limit your demands. If your boyfriend doesn't have any means of income and you love to be with him, then don't demand from him what you know he can't afford to give you. Don't enter a relationship because of the benefits you tend to gain. Be in a relationship because you love that person without reason and you can't do without him. Thanks!

9 Likes

Re: Should A Boyfriend Always Take Care Of His Girlfriend's Financial Needs? by alfredo4u(m): 7:14am On Nov 27, 2013
Just passing

20 Likes

Re: Should A Boyfriend Always Take Care Of His Girlfriend's Financial Needs? by Rednaxelot: 7:14am On Nov 27, 2013
thoniann: Since most ladies on nairaland now deem it unwise to cook for the BOYFRIENDS, for many flimsy reasons and bla bla bla. Is it good to be financially responsible for their upkeep and other needs? Wouldn't it be too much exposure flaunting wealth and care as well? Besides, to whom much is given, much is expected. What do you think nairalanders?
it is normal but not mandatory. And the lady must be a lady in need not a richer or wealthier lady. Cos 'i cant afford fetching water to full the ocean'

But before i go into carrying or help in the financial burden, i must have realized that there is a future in our relationship. And in doing it, i will have the mindset that am doing it for charity for me not being heartbroken if there is any breakup.

8 Likes

Re: Should A Boyfriend Always Take Care Of His Girlfriend's Financial Needs? by 1stola: 7:15am On Nov 27, 2013
she sef dey work Na,

A don finish with my sister talk less of gf?

1 Like

Re: Should A Boyfriend Always Take Care Of His Girlfriend's Financial Needs? by Mynd44: 7:16am On Nov 27, 2013
How can you take care of her needs? Do you look like her fada? Na so una go dey do money miss road about town.

10 Likes

Re: Should A Boyfriend Always Take Care Of His Girlfriend's Financial Needs? by xynerise: 7:23am On Nov 27, 2013
Don't go and make money for yourself. Stay at home and depend on your boyfriend.

I guess going to the university is a waste since at the end you will still depend on a man.

8 Likes

Re: Should A Boyfriend Always Take Care Of His Girlfriend's Financial Needs? by Nomski0(f): 7:24am On Nov 27, 2013
If I were a guy, I wouldnt. If its Fiancee, maybe depending on the circumstances, but girlfriend? No

This mentality makes some ladies so lazy, and dependent. Which gives room for abuse.

He'll make his money, I'll make mine. We'll be like a power couple. grin grin.
Nothing like being an independent woman. cheesycheesy

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should A Boyfriend Always Take Care Of His Girlfriend's Financial Needs? by pasqal09: 7:26am On Nov 27, 2013
If I take care of her financial needs, then what's her father's job?

5 Likes

Re: Should A Boyfriend Always Take Care Of His Girlfriend's Financial Needs? by olorunthobby(f): 7:26am On Nov 27, 2013
always kee?? her papa don die abi na the same surname we dey bear?? undecided

5 Likes

Re: Should A Boyfriend Always Take Care Of His Girlfriend's Financial Needs? by Nobody: 7:29am On Nov 27, 2013
Itz right and at d same tym it isn't,me as a person don't like it,hez nt my hubby,hez jst my bf,so taking care of my "needs"isn't hez responsibility..itz nt dat d guy wudn't spend on me,mayb on occasions,lyk my bday and val i wud be expecting gifts 4rm im,and mind u,dose gifts aren't my "needs".

1 Like

Re: Should A Boyfriend Always Take Care Of His Girlfriend's Financial Needs? by jmoore(m): 7:31am On Nov 27, 2013
Do I look like her father?

Responsibility? No
Mandatory? No

Always? You mean always. Relationship is not a job opportunity abeg.

3 Likes

Re: Should A Boyfriend Always Take Care Of His Girlfriend's Financial Needs? by Danhumprey: 7:31am On Nov 27, 2013
Nomski0: If I were a guy, I wouldnt. If its Fiancee, maybe depending on the circumstances, but girlfriend? No

This mentality makes some ladies so lazy, and dependent. Which gives room for abuse.

He'll make his money, I'll make mine. We'll be like a power couple. grin grin.
Nothing like being an independent woman. cheesycheesy
This is why I like you and wanna marry you. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

But I hope you won't use your independence to boss me around the house. tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

5 Likes

Re: Should A Boyfriend Always Take Care Of His Girlfriend's Financial Needs? by pasqal09: 7:32am On Nov 27, 2013
Harbosede02: Itz right and at d same tym it isn't,me as a person don't like it,hez nt my hubby,hez jst my bf,so taking care of my "needs"isn't hez responsibility..itz nt dat d guy wudn't spend on me,mayb on occasions,lyk my bday and val i wud be expecting gifts 4rm im,and mind u,dose gifts aren't my "needs".
stunned to read something like this coming from someone so controversial
Re: Should A Boyfriend Always Take Care Of His Girlfriend's Financial Needs? by Danhumprey: 7:38am On Nov 27, 2013
Mcjonn: Thoniann, I partially agree with you. But if you won't spend on your girlfriend, then don't ask her for favours. But you girls at the other hand should try and limit your demands. If your boyfriend doesn't have any means of income and you love to be with him, then don't demand from him what you know he can't afford to give you. Don't enter a relationship because of the benefits you tend to gain. Be in a relationship because you love that person without reason and you can't do without him. Thanks!
You can rarely find such girls in Naija! MOST of them are just money-conscious, thinking of what they can snatch from a guy. SMH. undecided

5 Likes

Re: Should A Boyfriend Always Take Care Of His Girlfriend's Financial Needs? by Nomski0(f): 7:40am On Nov 27, 2013
Danhumprey:
But I hope you won't use your independence to boss me around the house. tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
If you behave, there'll be no qualms at all. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Should A Boyfriend Always Take Care Of His Girlfriend's Financial Needs? by Danhumprey: 7:41am On Nov 27, 2013
Harbosede02: Itz right and at d same tym it isn't,me as a person don't like it,hez nt my hubby,hez jst my bf,so taking care of my "needs"isn't hez responsibility..itz nt dat d guy wudn't spend on me,mayb on occasions,lyk my bday and val i wud be expecting gifts 4rm im,and mind u,dose gifts aren't my "needs".
And what would you give him as "gift" in return? #100 recharge card,I guess. undecided

4 Likes

Re: Should A Boyfriend Always Take Care Of His Girlfriend's Financial Needs? by Danhumprey: 7:42am On Nov 27, 2013
Nomski0: If you behave, there'll be no qualms at all. grin grin grin
God help me. embarassed

I don't misbehave. sad
Re: Should A Boyfriend Always Take Care Of His Girlfriend's Financial Needs? by Nobody: 7:48am On Nov 27, 2013
Danhumprey: And what would you give him as "gift" in return? #100 recharge card,I guess. undecided
gosh!must u quote me??
Re: Should A Boyfriend Always Take Care Of His Girlfriend's Financial Needs? by Mavor: 7:49am On Nov 27, 2013
I can do things for you cos I wanna but when you start giving attitude cos you feel it's your right, you have entered one chance be that. Most Nigerian ladies make relationships so burdensome.

8 Likes

Re: Should A Boyfriend Always Take Care Of His Girlfriend's Financial Needs? by AbuMikey(m): 7:50am On Nov 27, 2013
^^

gringringrin
Re: Should A Boyfriend Always Take Care Of His Girlfriend's Financial Needs? by homesteady(m): 7:52am On Nov 27, 2013
To an extent! Yes!
Re: Should A Boyfriend Always Take Care Of His Girlfriend's Financial Needs? by Danhumprey: 7:58am On Nov 27, 2013
Harbosede02: gosh!must u quote me??
You know what they say about the fear of being quoted?

tongue
Re: Should A Boyfriend Always Take Care Of His Girlfriend's Financial Needs? by Danhumprey: 7:58am On Nov 27, 2013
homesteady: To an extent! Yes!
You lie! angry

2 Likes

Re: Should A Boyfriend Always Take Care Of His Girlfriend's Financial Needs? by Nobody: 8:04am On Nov 27, 2013
It's only out of willingness and understanding. You can't force him to give you,abi im resemble ur papa? It depends on what you need it for that you cant get at that moment that he'l help you but expecting always is BAD.
Re: Should A Boyfriend Always Take Care Of His Girlfriend's Financial Needs? by Nobody: 8:04am On Nov 27, 2013
Danhumprey: You know what they say about the fear of being quoted?

tongue
shaaarap!

1 Like

Re: Should A Boyfriend Always Take Care Of His Girlfriend's Financial Needs? by Nobody: 8:05am On Nov 27, 2013
If the ALWAYS up there really is the Same with the ALWAYS I know,then the babe is on a long thing.
Re: Should A Boyfriend Always Take Care Of His Girlfriend's Financial Needs? by Danhumprey: 8:06am On Nov 27, 2013
Harbosede02: shaaarap!

That's not polite! angry angry angry angry

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

4 Likes

Re: Should A Boyfriend Always Take Care Of His Girlfriend's Financial Needs? by Dannylux: 8:08am On Nov 27, 2013
Mutuality.. It is a Yes and No thingy. The way a lady behaves would determine if you spend or nah.

Its unwise to make her material needs a part of your budget. The spending should be spontaneous and not mandatory.

2 Likes

Re: Should A Boyfriend Always Take Care Of His Girlfriend's Financial Needs? by Dannylux: 8:10am On Nov 27, 2013
Danhumprey:

Please Stop leaving much spaces in between your comments. It very stressful scrolling Down just to read a continuation of someone's comment sad

1 Like

Re: Should A Boyfriend Always Take Care Of His Girlfriend's Financial Needs? by Dannylux: 8:10am On Nov 27, 2013
Danhumprey:

Please Stop leaving much spaces in between your comments. Its very stressful scrolling Down just to read a continuation of someone's comment sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

There Is An Air To Be Cleared..... / My Experience With Agbo Jedi Jedi (herbal Drug) / Is She Playing Games With My Emotions?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.