Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,586 members, 7,823,528 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:25 AM

Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion (38483 Views)

Daily Excerpts From Jehovah Witnesses Old Books With Russellrutherfo / Are Jehovah Witnesses Right About Their Belief Against Blood Transfusion? / Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion by madridsta007(m): 7:49pm On Jan 09, 2020
Janosky:

BIG LIE.

In my congregation, there are brothers and sisters whose spouses are not JWs , there is nothing like "demonising and treating like dirt a JW member" for their choice of a marriage mate.

The writer of the link you shared is simply looking for excuses to ridicule JWs & our Bible based beliefs.

A1***

JWs are not responsible for the issues in his family.
Can two (a family) walk together unless they have agreed? Amos 3:3.
Also, did Cain and Abel agree to walk together? Gen4:3-8.
Did all the sons of Israel team up with Moses? Numbers 16:1-3,19-35.

"Do not think I came to bring peace to the earth,I came to bring, not peace, but the sword," Jesus said. Matt 10:32-39.
Between obedience to Jehovah & family ties,choose one. Joshua 24:15. JWs choose Jehovah,who wan vex,make him vex...

His 1975 claims amounts to over flogging a dead horse.
Jesus followers predicted that " the kingdom of God will arrive IMMEDIATELY" Luke 19:11. John 16:16-18.
This is year 2020, did the kingdom come immediately ? The man is saying too,that Jesus disciples are cults.
Without faith,it is impossible to please Jehovah.
The writer has made his choice,his siblings made theirs.
No be by force.....
Live and let live.

lol.
Didnt expect anything less.
Re: Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jan 09, 2020
Hairyrapunzel:

You people will not talk about the children and the people that died after they refused blood transfusion o. Only the obviously healthy people who had blood transfusion.

You jws are all endangered species. See people justifying killing of babies. Tueh

Don't have your time again Mr Antijw virus patient! wink
Re: Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion by Janosky: 7:59pm On Jan 09, 2020
Maximus69:

It will become really difficult now to have similar case to be reported about Jehovah's Witnesses refusal to take blood!

WHY?

Because throughout the world we have specialized health professionals in our midst, they're called Hospital Liaison Committee (HLC), they're supposed to be contacted in such serious cases. The World Health Organization (WHO) recognises this committee globally and they're working hand in hand to administer bloodless forms of treatment!

Remember the case of Serena Williams, it's this committee that was contacted to help in providing bloodless forms of treatment for her.

So it was the fault of the child's parents, this case wouldn't have been heard at all because the child will be given the best form of treatment WITHOUT BLOOD TRANSFUSION! smiley

Every JW knows how to handle emergencies such as this one,our brothers will surely learn from this case and take prompt action to alert our hlc.

Many Serial abortionists& infanticide (unborn child) murderers come here to villify JWs over a biased press story. embarassed
Wetin Messi no go see for goalposts?

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion by Hairyrapunzel: 8:09pm On Jan 09, 2020
Maximus69:

Don't have your time again Mr Antijw virus patient! wink

We are against killing babies which you guys are notorious for especially in developing countries.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion by begunatoye(m): 8:15pm On Jan 09, 2020
There is an ethical side to this news. the parents right to informed consent for their infant was violated. I am sure this news has some holes as to what transpired in the hospital between the parents and the hospital. if they did not want their infant treated they would not have seek medical attention. The issue is they want an alternative treatment, not blood transfusion..And tt is even possible that the infant was receiving an alternative treatment at the time the court injunction was sought (because there was no indication in the news that the infant condition worsened), and the transfusion was enforced.

Doctors are not God, there judgement are not infallible.i have witnessed a number of cases in where expectant women are billed for C.S but gave birth naturally just by taken juice of Marsh mallow (ewedu).And I have seen many transfused blood that die from complications of blood transfusion. Why are such medics involved in such cases not villified?
Jehovah's witnesses desire quality treatment that don't violate their bodily integrity and beliefs.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion by Hairyrapunzel: 8:15pm On Jan 09, 2020
Janosky:

Every JW knows how to handle emergencies such as this one,our brothers will surely learn from this case and take prompt action to alert our hlc.

Many Serial abortionists& infanticide (unborn child) murderers come here to villify JWs over a biased press story. embarassed

Una go say abortion is bad but whereas you guys wont think twice about letting a baby die instead of accepting blood transfusion because someone told you a lie that bloodless surgeries can be used on all cases that require blood transfusion.

Which biased? Everything is biased because they exposed you people's killer nature.

All na murder. One doesn't cancel out the other just because one says they are obeying their imaginary sky daddy's assumed beliefs.

Murder is murder.
Re: Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion by Janosky: 8:26pm On Jan 09, 2020
Maximus69:

It will become really difficult now to have similar case to be reported about Jehovah's Witnesses refusal to take blood!

WHY?

Because throughout the world we have specialized health professionals in our midst, they're called Hospital Liaison Committee (HLC), they're supposed to be contacted in such serious cases. The World Health Organization (WHO) recognises this committee globally and they're working hand in hand to administer bloodless forms of treatment!

Remember the case of Serena Williams, it's this committee that was contacted to help in providing bloodless forms of treatment for her.

So it was the fault of the child's parents, this case wouldn't have been heard at all because the child will be given the best form of treatment WITHOUT BLOOD TRANSFUSION! smiley
Our brothers must take prompt action to
Hairyrapunzel:

Una go say abortion is bad but whereas you guys wont think twice about letting a baby die instead of accepting blood transfusion because someone told you a lie that bloodless surgeries can be used on all cases that require blood transfusion.

Which biased? Everything is biased because they exposed you people's killer nature.

All na murder. One doesn't cancel out the other just because one says they are obeying their imaginary sky daddy's assumed beliefs.

Murder is murder.
You know that blood Transfusions have killed more persons than save lives.... grin
Keep ranting up& down... Na your way..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jan 09, 2020
Janosky:

It's OK my brother!

They believe they're saying the life of the child by transfusing BLOOD into his body, but we knew the dangers of such kind of treatment.

One thing is certain
IT'S ONLY JESUS' BLOOD CAN SAVE!

Yet it wasn't meant to be taken literally but by FAITH!

We will stick to our bloodless forms of treatment, even if they're desperate to the point of rejecting divine instructions.
It's not all those who accept blood transfusion that do survive treatment.
It's not all those who reject blood transfusion that do survive bloodless treatment.
It's not all those who accept blood transfusion that do die in the process.
It's not all those who reject blood transfusion that do die with bloodless treatment.
So it's 50/50 chance!
But the irony of this is the fact that health professionals themselves will never opt for a blood transfusion!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion by Hairyrapunzel: 8:27pm On Jan 09, 2020
begunatoye:
There is an ethical side to this news. the parents right to informed consent for their infant was violated. I am sure this news has some holes as to what transpired in the hospital between the parents and the hospital. if they did not want their infant treated they would not have seek medical attention. The issue is they want an alternative treatment, not blood transfusion..And tt is even possible that the infant was receiving an alternative treatment at the time the court injunction was sought (because there was no indication in the news that the infant condition worsened), and the transfusion was enforced.

Doctors are not God, there judgement are not infallible.i have witnessed a number of cases in where expectant women are billed for C.S but gave birth naturally just by taken juice of Marsh mallow (ewedu).And I have seen many transfused blood that die from complications of blood transfusion. Why are such medics involved in such cases not villified?
Jehovah's witnesses desire quality treatment that don't violate their bodily integrity and beliefs.

I have also seen many people survive because of blood transfusion they had.

You people have been programmed to always say blood transfusion only kills when you have never smelt hospital.

The parents have right to refuse an important medical care for their newborn because of their religious beliefs?

One of your colleagues was even comparing care given to people who drs are certain of dying (end of life)to a sick baby who need Exchange blood transfusion to treat neonatal jaundice.

It shows the extent to which you people can go with your sick twisted and psychopathic thoughts and nature all in the name of religion
Re: Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion by Hairyrapunzel: 8:30pm On Jan 09, 2020
Maximus69:

It's OK my brother!

They believe they're saying the life of the child by transfusing BLOOD into his body, but we knew the dangers of such kind of treatment.

One thing is certain
IT'S ONLY JESUS' BLOOD CAN SAVE!

Yet it wasn't meant to be taken literally but by FAITH!

We will stick to our bloodless forms of treatment, even if they're desperate to the point of rejecting divine instructions.
It's not all those who accept blood transfusion that do survive treatment.
It's not all those who reject blood transfusion that do survive bloodless treatment.
It's not all those who accept blood transfusion that do die in the process.
It's not all those who reject blood transfusion that do die with bloodless treatment.
So it's 50/50 chance!
But the irony of this is the fact that health professionals themselves will never opt for a blood transfusion!

I had an EBT done o. Thank God my parents are not zombies and didn't join jw I for be slowpoke by now.
Re: Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion by Hairyrapunzel: 8:33pm On Jan 09, 2020
Janosky:

Our brothers must take prompt action to
You know that blood Transfusions have killed more persons than save lives.... grin
Keep ranting up& down... Na your way..

Reference. I know you will show me only watchtower magazines. The blood fractions/components that you people accept is gotten from blood donated by worldly people. Lol
Re: Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion by ATTemi: 8:39pm On Jan 09, 2020
grin

I am eating meat, come join me.
Janosky:

You wey get all the evidence say the parents attempted a crime, you go jail them nau....
You just dey rant anyhow for matter wey you get zero proof.
Bigots everywhere.....
Re: Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion by WINDSOW(m): 9:12pm On Jan 09, 2020
Babaheekmat:

Of course people die.. It's not the medication that we take that Cures us but WILL OF ALLAH.. but that doesn't mean we shouldn't take medications..

Take medications and pray to Allah to heal you..

If you have headache and you don't take medication and you die.. It's suicide.. Allah might punish you for it if HE wills..

Wetin concern allah for Christian matter. Stop poke nosing cos it is a family matter!
Re: Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion by begunatoye(m): 9:24pm On Jan 09, 2020
@harypunzel it is unreasonable to tag someone psychopathic or sick just because he wants an alternative medical treatment or hold a different opinion from yours. And by the way, blood transfusion is not the first line of treatment for neonatal jaundice.phototherapy alone or in combination with other treatment. E.g a baby coming down with malaria will have to be treated, if malaria was the cause of jaundice, breast milk may be withdrawn if cause is due to lack of enzyme to digest galactose in milk. Surgery if the bill duct was obstructed.Anti Rh shot will be given if the jaundice was due to Rhesus factor.
I am sure if the medics respected the parents right to informed consent, one or combination of these options could have worked.
Like I said earlier, the news is sensationalized and has some holes, prejudicial. The headline says it all. What exactly transpired in the hospital is sketchy.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion by onmyowncj: 9:44pm On Jan 09, 2020
Witnesses I know respect life more than most of this ppl criticizing that doesn't know the full story, federal hospital all across Nigeria accept Alternative To Blood Transfusions if it is not necessary government would not have make that provisions,most ppl who transfuse blood were not the same after,some die after all,I know of a young lady who accept blood transfusions after being shot by arm rubbers,she got married after,the strange blood in her system could not allow her keep pregnancy, blood u don't know where or who it was gotten from,blood transfusions is naturally dirty!! Those who try to save thier life will lose it,that is if their life is more important than their God. No witness will deny his child treatment because of belief but no witness will like to lose his child forever trying to save a life nobody is sure of, Alternative to Blood Transfusions is Safe and backed by law and effective,let ppl know this.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion by MOSICATED5(m): 9:45pm On Jan 09, 2020
The JW are thoroughly brain washed cultist. They would rather do anything to other the watchtower than obey the Bible. To them the watchtower explanation superceded the clear Bible explanation. Thanks to the Lagos state GOV

1 Like

Re: Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion by SexytorresE(f): 10:07pm On Jan 09, 2020
I won’t stop commenting bad about this demonic name called religion. Belief wound them there. How can one be so foolish and brainwashed to that extend? If prayers work, all patients wound have been taken to that foolish place called church and not hospitals. But their brain is blocked and dead already they wouldn’t knw . I weep cry
Re: Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion by fordunit(m): 11:18pm On Jan 09, 2020
Seun:
This is highly commendable. I hope they don't stop at rescuing babies. Children of all ages in similar circumstances should be rescued. We cannot let children die in the name of religion. A child’s right to live is more important than her parents‘ right to impose their religious beliefs on her.

If you have a similar case to report, you can call the Lagos State Office of the Public Defender on this toll-free number: 07080601080 or mail opdlagos@yahoo.com.

Always masturbating happily to threads of this nature cos you are an atheist. I pray you don't cum blood grin grin grin
Re: Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion by Dabira007(m): 11:23pm On Jan 09, 2020
1kworks:
I have met quite a few of them. One of their babes once said she likes me but can't date me cos she is promised to another.

How is that different from arranged marriages? It's their belief though so I respect it. I just wish they would allow the kids chose for themselves.
...the kids do bro...ask the lady the reasons and she will xplain better..
Re: Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion by makydebbie(f): 12:35am On Jan 10, 2020
sagieramos:

The Bible commands that we not ingest blood. So we should not accept whole blood or its primary components in any form, whether offered as food or as a transfusion. Note the following scriptures:

Genesis 9:4. God allowed Noah and his family to add animal flesh to their diet after the Flood but commanded them not to eat the blood. God told Noah: “Only flesh with its soul—its blood—you must not eat.” This command applies to all mankind from that time on because all are descendants of Noah.

Leviticus 17:14. “You must not eat the blood of any sort of flesh, because the soul of every sort of flesh is its blood. Anyone eating it will be cut off.” God viewed the soul, or life, as being in the blood and belonging to him. Although this law was given only to the nation of Israel, it shows how seriously God viewed the law against eating blood.

Acts 15:20. “Abstain . . . from blood.” God gave Christians the same command that he had given to Noah. History shows that early Christians refused to consume whole blood or even to use it for medical reasons.

Why does God command us to abstain from blood?
There are sound medical reasons to avoid blood transfusions. More important, though, God commands that we abstain from blood because what it represents is sacred to him.—Leviticus 17:11; Colossians 1:20.

– jw.org

You and your people are very mad Sha.

It's this madness una go use kill each other.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion by Nobody: 4:15am On Jan 10, 2020
makydebbie:

You and your people are very mad Sha.
It's this madness una go use kill each other.

That's what i'm saying Sir!

Majority of the people complaining now hate JWs like mad, so why are you worried if they choose to KILL EACH OTHER?

After all most people agreed that Jehovah's Witnesses are TERRORISTS because Russia labelled them as such, please how will you feel if the news comes to you that all the terrorists you are hearing of have decided to KILL EACH OTHER leaving none terrorists out of their killing?

Keep deceiving yourself! cheesy
Re: Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion by Hairyrapunzel: 9:26am On Jan 10, 2020
begunatoye:

I have seen many women who went for vaginal birth when they were counselled for cs die from the vaginal birth. I have seen many people who had blood transfusion go home without blood transfusion complications
Re: Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion by baebeenayoka: 10:32am On Jan 10, 2020
Those guys disgust me honestly. Recently I saw my tailor whom happened to be a witness and greeted her "happy new year" you need to see the look on her face like I said "may thunder roast you" sad sad sad
Re: Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion by Nobody: 11:10am On Jan 10, 2020
baebeenayoka:
Those guys disgust me honestly. Recently I saw my tailor whom happened to be a witness and greeted her "happy new year" you need to see the look on her face like I said "may thunder roast you" sad sad sad

Hmmmmmmmmm, you people with different forms of accusations! Matthew 5:11-12

She is your tailor and the cordiality between you two has been note worthy but her CRIME now is the look on her FACE at the hearing of "happy new year" shey?

OK that's noted! cheesy
Re: Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion by statusquoante: 3:11pm On Jan 10, 2020
sagieramos:

The Bible commands that we not ingest blood. So we should not accept whole blood or its primary components in any form, whether offered as food or as a transfusion. Note the following scriptures:

Genesis 9:4. God allowed Noah and his family to add animal flesh to their diet after the Flood but commanded them not to eat the blood. God told Noah: “Only flesh with its soul—its blood—you must not eat.” This command applies to all mankind from that time on because all are descendants of Noah.

Leviticus 17:14. “You must not eat the blood of any sort of flesh, because the soul of every sort of flesh is its blood. Anyone eating it will be cut off.” God viewed the soul, or life, as being in the blood and belonging to him. Although this law was given only to the nation of Israel, it shows how seriously God viewed the law against eating blood.

Acts 15:20. “Abstain . . . from blood.” God gave Christians the same command that he had given to Noah. History shows that early Christians refused to consume whole blood or even to use it for medical reasons.

Why does God command us to abstain from blood?
There are sound medical reasons to avoid blood transfusions. More important, though, God commands that we abstain from blood because what it represents is sacred to him.—Leviticus 17:11; Colossians 1:20.

– jw.org

Blood transfusion is not equivalent to eating blood.

When something is eaten, either directly or by any other means, the aim is for the body to consume it for its nourishment.

Sooner or later, the body will have to eat again as what was previously eaten would have already been consumed.

Aside food, drugs can also be consumed directly or by any other means. When this happens, the drug performs its work in the body and eventually disappears with time.

But in the case of blood transfusion, the blood is NEVER consumed by the body. Rather, the body uses it for sustenance. The fellow who got the blood may never need another blood transfusion till death except the need arises.

Hence, blood transfusion should never be equated to blood consumption as the body never consumes the blood it receives. Rather it uses it for sustenance of life.

It is similar to organ transplant where the organ is used by the recipient for as long as the fellow is alive or the organ remains functional.

In summary, JWs are totally wrong on the issue of blood transfusion as they have simply turned the Bible on its head.

Pathetic!
Re: Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion by Niflheim(m): 4:11pm On Jan 10, 2020
Only a brainless bastard and an "anti-scientific senseless buffoon" will prevent a baby from having a blood transfusion!!!
Re: Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jan 10, 2020
Niflheim:
Only a brainless bastard and an "anti-scientific senseless buffoon" will prevent a baby from having a blood transfusion!!!

What about if you have a better form of treatment that won't required BLOOD TRANSFUSION and authorized/endorsed by the World Health Organization (W.H.O)? wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jan 11, 2020
raybaba97:

I am usually a very polite and jovial fellow bit I must say this now that

Sir. you are a very stupid person.

Sit down and think, you hear me? Think and pray that if Jesus could give his blood and life for the salvation of the sins of all the world, who are you not to give a pint of yours for the sake of one man's life.

The whole point of Christianity is to do as Christ. whenever those bastards force something down your throat, stop swallowing bible verses and ask Jesus what he would have done if it was he.
grin grin
Re: Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion by orisa37: 4:48pm On Jan 11, 2020
SO LAGOS STATE ON ITS OWN HAS OPD. THAT'S GOOD. NOW IT'S A COMPLEMENT TO AMOTEKUN. YORUBAS ARE WISE.
Re: Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion by Janosky: 8:46pm On Jan 11, 2020
raybaba97:

I am usually a very polite and jovial fellow bit I must say this now that

Sir. you are a very stupid person.

Sit down and think, you hear me? Think and pray that if Jesus could give his blood and life for the salvation of the sins of all the world, who are you not to give a pint of yours for the sake of one man's life.

The whole point of Christianity is to do as Christ. whenever those bastards force something down your throat, stop swallowing bible verses and ask Jesus what he would have done if it was he.
Very foolish post.
How many pints of Jesus Christ blood did he transfuse into you or anyone of his followers ? grin
You no get sense at all!
Re: Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion by Janosky: 8:50pm On Jan 11, 2020
CG
Niflheim:
Only a brainwashed fool believes that blood transfusions is the cure all for every pediatric health issue.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Observe Prayers Online — CAN Tells Churches / Our Dangerous Prayers, Using Holy Ghost Fire As A Weapon Of Destruction / I Wonder If There Is A God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.