Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,246 members, 7,818,839 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:20 AM

Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? (66765 Views)

Wife Runs Away With A Man She Claimed Raped Her Five Years Ago / I Pushed Her Away With My Attitude Now I Want Her Back / Unhappy Bride Refuses To Kiss Her Groom At The Altar, Pushes Him Away. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by lozanni(m): 6:28pm On Jan 09, 2020
ikennamadu1:

Naa people like you dem dey beat for relationship... Your brain dey your elb0w

grin grin grin She too dey run her mouth
Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by DieuDonee(m): 6:28pm On Jan 09, 2020
You're the exact female version of me.
You did nothing wrong. You shouldn't change yourself for someone that's not willing to change for you.
Move on, you'll find someone else.

2 Likes

Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by ecclize: 6:29pm On Jan 09, 2020
someone breaking up with my kind of girl...
am here complaining that my girl is too social and outspoken and here someone os complaining about the opposite
inside wetin we no go see....
Op just move on with ur life... i bet u will definitely meet someone like me that love ur kind

3 Likes

Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by Benwallt(m): 6:29pm On Jan 09, 2020
If you think you are good the way you are then don't change anything about yourself because of a man. You didn't push him away. That is just how far he can go.

4 Likes

Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jan 09, 2020
Long distance relationships can be stressful. You mustn't wait for the guy to always call. Try and reach out to him too cos LDR main ingredient is communication.

You'll definitely find someone who appreciates and suits ur kinda personality

2 Likes

Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by Sweeetheart(m): 6:30pm On Jan 09, 2020
how old are you?

as for your guy I won't blame him because unromantic relationship is a lifeless relationship. him dating you for 2years means he had savaged your selfish attitude for so long. I called your attitude selfish because you refuse to blend to make things work fine between you

you've even made him to appear like ladies guy according to your post. my prayer for you is not to meet another introvert like you because your marriage will be one of the worse marriage on earth

5 Likes

Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by MariaAngeles: 6:30pm On Jan 09, 2020
luminouz:

He felt she was cold.
Nothing baffles a man more than a girl who only says 'ok' to anything he says. It reminds him of an openmouthed dead fish
You seem to "know it all"

1 Like

Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by kingsleyjade(m): 6:32pm On Jan 09, 2020
[quote author=Michellekabod2 post=85636364]
He left because the passion died down,distance is a huge factor in romantic relationships. Nothing is wrong with you. Don't blame yourself or him,move on. Its tough but move on
Use your sense bro
Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by techie(m): 6:32pm On Jan 09, 2020
No
geraldinai:
Nairalanders, this is a long post but please read till the end.

My bf just broke up with me over what he termed incompatibility. This guy and I have been together for two years and we both loved each other. It was a long-distance relationship, he stays in Lagos while I schooled in another town in the west. I had no problem with the distance because I'm not the attention-craving type and I like my space.

He's a complete extrovert, while I'm an introvert(not to the extreme though) and this has been an issue most of the time. He complains that I'm too quiet and not on the same social level as him. I don't do social media like that while he's uploading new pictures every minute. I also didn't like the fact that he relates too well with girls; he had a lot of female friends and easily socializes with new ones. Well, I blended with that so well as I didn't see any trace of unfaithfulness in him.

Fast forward to late last year, there was a breakdown in our communication, he stopped calling and chatting as he used to, I asked him what the matter was but he said there's nothing. I was a bit scared if something went wrong with him and I asked again after some days, that was when he said he would tell me when the time comes, so I stopped asking. With all the signs he showed me, my mind was telling me he wanted a breakup but I didn't ask him further as I was preparing for my final exam and him breaking up with me that period would leave me devastated so I focused on my exam with the hope that after then, we would talk about it.

After my exam, I sent him a text apologizing and asked us to continue as we were but he didn't reply. He invited me over to his place and that was when he told me he's no longer interested in the relationship, that he has no feelings for me again. He gave one thousand and one reasons for us not to be together anymore. He said I'm less expressive, I agree with anything he says and does and that during the break in our communication, I didn't make efforts to find out why he did so and challenge him. Funnily enough, I didn't react when he told me, I just said it's all right as I envisaged it earlier. With the reasons he gave me, my heart was broken and felt there was no need to push further. He was surprised with how calm I was when he told me, personally, I don't believe in forcing someone to love me.

I moved on well but after a week when I was alone and reflecting, the feeling of guilt overwhelmed me that I probably pushed him away with my seemingly “not too caring” attitude. I see myself with him and I never thought we could separate. I showed love and care in my how way and in the best way, I know-how. I did love him wholeheartedly and he knew it but he seemed unable to cope with my private/ less emotional lifestyle.
Nairalanders, did I actually push him away?

1 Like

Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by jaxxy(m): 6:33pm On Jan 09, 2020
geraldinai:

My bf just broke up with me over what he termed incompatibility. This guy and I have been together for two years and we both loved each other. It was a long-distance relationship, he stays in Lagos while I schooled in another town in the west. I had no problem with the distance because I'm not the attention-craving type and I like my space.

He's a complete extrovert, while I'm an introvert(not to the extreme though) and this has been an issue most of the time. He complains that I'm too quiet and not on the same social level as him. I don't do social media like that while he's uploading new pictures every minute. I also didn't like the fact that he relates too well with girls; he had a lot of female friends and easily socializes with new ones. Well, I blended with that so well as I didn't see any trace of unfaithfulness in him.

Fast forward to late last year, there was a breakdown in our communication, he stopped calling and chatting as he used to, I asked him what the matter was but he said there's nothing. I was a bit scared if something went wrong with him and I asked again after some days, that was when he said he would tell me when the time comes, so I stopped asking. With all the signs he showed me, my mind was telling me he wanted a breakup but I didn't ask him further as I was preparing for my final exam and him breaking up with me that period would leave me devastated so I focused on my exam with the hope that after then, we would talk about it.

After my exam, I sent him a text apologizing and asked us to continue as we were but he didn't reply. He invited me over to his place and that was when he told me he's no longer interested in the relationship, that he has no feelings for me again. He gave one thousand and one reasons for us not to be together anymore. He said I'm less expressive, I agree with anything he says and does and that during the break in our communication, I didn't make efforts to find out why he did so and challenge him. Funnily enough, I didn't react when he told me, I just said it's all right as I envisaged it earlier. With the reasons he gave me, my heart was broken and felt there was no need to push further. He was surprised with how calm I was when he told me, personally, I don't believe in forcing someone to love me.

I moved on well but after a week when I was alone and reflecting, the feeling of guilt overwhelmed me that I probably pushed him away with my seemingly “not too caring” attitude. I see myself with him and I never thought we could separate. I showed love and care in my how way and in the best way, I know-how. I did love him wholeheartedly and he knew it but he seemed unable to cope with my private/ less emotional lifestyle.

Being with sm1 takes compromises and possibly small changes not complete ones like changing who u are completely. If ur partner complains about Smtn regularly and Ure not able to adjust urself then there’s a tendency u might not be complatible. There’s not point dating or staying with each other when can’t make each other happy.

Sm people like communication so if ur partner doesn’t communicate well enough it’s a good reason to x it. Know what each person likes and meet half way atleast if not more.

So yes u pushed him away cos u didn’t try hard enough. U assumed he will always be there no matter ur lack of cooperation and compromise bt it doesn’t work that way for people who know what they want and moreso deserve it.

3 Likes

Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by Jesuspikin8: 6:34pm On Jan 09, 2020
geraldinai:

You didn't PUSH him away.

2 Likes

Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by Hazardfan1: 6:35pm On Jan 09, 2020
geraldinai:

Maybe you're not beautiful.
Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by IJOBA2: 6:36pm On Jan 09, 2020
geraldinai:

THIS IS THE KINDA WOMAN IM LOOKING FOR shocked KINDLY DM YOUR NUMBER

2 Likes

Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jan 09, 2020
Aunty, your ex wanted attention like a small boy and was not happy when he didn't gett it.

It obvious he is used to dating immature ladies and cannot handle someone like you who is slow to anger and give peace of mind.

The breakup is his fault, not yours.

Try and focus on yourself and move on.

These men are confusing beings. Now that we have submissive, homely wife material, they no want again.
geraldinai:

3 Likes

Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by GindoX(m): 6:37pm On Jan 09, 2020
life103:
CALM DOWN HE WILL COME BACK IF HE TRUELLY LOVES YOU

What do you mean? What if he doesn't come back... Abeg ooo no give the girl heart attach biko.... He is gone and gonner is he.... grin

2 Likes

Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jan 09, 2020
Stop blaming urself it has never been ur fault, he knows d type of person u're b4 dating u in first place only day both of u are so blind to see dat u're from diff world. D only thing you're guilty of is been quiet even wen u're hurting so bad, u don't lower ur self esteem all because of luv which is the reason y u don't fall in luv but u walk into luv because if u fall u might not be able to raise again, concerning d calling, is not a responsibility of a man allow but u shld hv try nd put more effort just bcoz of a day like dis so dat u cn easily justify urself. To sum it up, life continue nd u'll still meet some1 dat will luv u just d way u're pls be happy broken relationship is better than a broken marriage.

1 Like

Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by Fastlinkpro: 6:37pm On Jan 09, 2020
wizzynuru:
Lol.. And u posted tips on how to make a man happy last year December. Looks like u don't practice what u teach.
Lol
Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by daben1(m): 6:38pm On Jan 09, 2020
lozanni:

You are so on point.
Girls always expect you to call to check up on them, without realizing that guys too need such attention from time to time.
A friend complained to me that when he was courting his wife, he will buy credit for her, but instead of calling him, she only flashes him, even when he had just bought her phone credit .
SMH for some ladies.
this is one of the things that makes dating/relationship difficult in this part of the world, and that is why guys see them as "species that have nothing to offer" because if you can't load a card of N100 to call your supposed boy friend (as cheap as it is) then truly, they've gat nothing to offer...

4 Likes

Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by Fastlinkpro: 6:39pm On Jan 09, 2020
Has he eating the fruit? if not don't worry, come I will do the calling 1million times as long as the fruit keep flowing.

2 Likes

Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by pheonixdld2(m): 6:40pm On Jan 09, 2020
grin grin
daben1:
The way you girls think self ehn, once you're in a relationship with an average Nigerian girl, it has automatically become your responsibility to be doing the calling while her own responsibility is to be at the recei :Dving end... "He stopped calling as he used to"
Relationship should be a 50-50 stuff.
The relationship failed because of lack of communication: because your responsibility is to wait while he calls while you receive
Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by Louisboy22(m): 6:40pm On Jan 09, 2020
Michellekabod2:

He left because the passion died down,distance is a huge factor in romantic relationships. Nothing is wrong with you. Don't blame yourself or him,move on. Its tough but move on.
my dear i don't believe that because I'm in a long distance relationship with my wife to be, this January 29th will make it four years and we are still going stronger and stronger, it all depend on both partner to make it work i call my girlfriend 6 to 7 times a day she also do the same
Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by FA13(m): 6:41pm On Jan 09, 2020
Well, what has happened has happened.

But you can always make yourself better by trying to be less introvert.

It takes time, but at the end of the day, you will be surprised by your progress.

But it is very difficult to start, So try!

1 Like

Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by anochuko01(m): 6:41pm On Jan 09, 2020
I'm presently faced with a girl like that...

My own problem is that if you don't feel like talking at the moment, then just tell me, rather than acting cold as though I'm being a burden to You.
And if I see in actually being a burden then I'll gladly pack my luggage.

4 Likes

Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jan 09, 2020
Louisboy22:
my dear i don't believe that because I'm in a long distance relationship with my wife, this January 29th will make it four years and we are still going stronger and stronger
am glad you said "wife" and not gf
Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by Kendollar696(m): 6:41pm On Jan 09, 2020
thorpido:
You are incompatible like he said.It is no fault of yours,it is just who you are.You're an introvert while he's an extrovert.

Don't ever make the mistake of dating an extrovert again.It will wear you out.You'll forever be dealing with trying to catch up while he's seeing you as inadequate.
Exactly.. Introvert /Extrovert seriously? introvert are less expensive, extrovert are just so expressive. from the way he relates with pips, babes I won't lie. it was a big struggle for both of you. the long distance made you guys stayed that long. Don't feel guilty. Just ball with someone, you have about 40 % things in common. that means they will be so many things to talk about in boring days.

1 Like

Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by Alwaysachick: 6:42pm On Jan 09, 2020
djoe21:

It's so unfortunate that just November last year you were giving ladies tips on how to make their men happy. Did you not follow the tips?

She is an introvert doesn't make her less fun or human.

Your true man will never stress you, let him be! If he is your he will come around but I pray you will be taken by then.

1 Like

Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by Sholaco: 6:43pm On Jan 09, 2020
wizzynuru:
Lol.. And u posted tips on how to make a man happy last year December. Looks like u don't practice what u teach.
she may have gotten the article somewhere and did a copy and paste....that might not be her own masterpiece

1 Like

Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by Ultimatesammie(m): 6:43pm On Jan 09, 2020
daben1:
The way you girls think self ehn, once you're in a relationship with an average Nigerian girl, it has automatically become your responsibility to be doing the calling while her own responsibility is to be at the receiving end... "He stopped calling as he used to"
Relationship should be a 50-50 stuff.
The relationship failed because of lack of communication: because your responsibility is to wait while he calls while you receive
Wow did you actually read the information she wrote or you just decided to react in whatever way pleases you.
Come why are some nairaland guys like this.

1 Like

Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by dljbd1(m): 6:43pm On Jan 09, 2020
geraldinai:

My dear, you are the exact kind of girl I was in search of for a while. Sincerely speaking, I've had my own share of Instagram queens and slay mamas and I can categorically tell you that your ex eh...lemme just not talk.

Well, one man's sugar is another man's poison. If the reasons he gave were the actual reasons then he aren't your man girl!

If not that I have a woman just like you right now I swear I wouldn't have minded getting your contact and dating you this instance. Before I met my girl I was in search for like 2yrs. Una type scarce for this generation and I'm usually grateful when I meet one.

A lot of my female friends are like you and have great relationships... My closest female friend is married, just like you.

Don't beat yourself up dear... You are perfect the way you are!

Drop your number sha... We could link up for linking up sake (before all these NL dudes start having wild thoughts)

See you soon. smiley

8 Likes

Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by anochuko01(m): 6:44pm On Jan 09, 2020
Louisboy22:
my dear i don't believe that because I'm in a long distance relationship with my wife to be, this January 29th will make it four years and we are still going stronger and stronger
That's probably because the communication is mutual and not over bearing on one.
I was in a 2 years long distance relationship many years ago, and it still feels like one of the best things that ever happened to me.
Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by stubbornman(m): 6:45pm On Jan 09, 2020
Jewessgratitude:
See...don't even start killing yourself over this matter cos the guy is not a responsible fellow which you know but tried to swallow.
Don't ever overlook or condone someone excesses. How can you, knowing full well that he flirts with girls at will, still want to keep him? Men don finish? Dump his retard ass. But he, could not condone your quiet and calm behavior, not that you flirt like him but he still called it off. He never really loved you dear. And doesn't have respect for you.

Dont just blame yourself for anything.
Move on and stay focused.
Nothing do you.

Shut the fvck and let others who has sensible things to say step forward.... angry

The Op is selfish or did you not read the part where she said there was no trace of unfaithfulness in the guy even though he has many female friends, he is not gay so off course he should have female friends.... my problem you girls in this part of the world is that y'all are very very terrible at keeping up when it comes to relationship.... You wait for a man to call you, buy you gifts ,love you or even breathe for you while y'all just sit down like flower pots doing nothing...

That guy has a very very great courtesy and respect for inviting her over and explaining things to her rather than breaking up with her on the phone as I would have done even 6 months into the relationship.... You girls need to up your game in not just dating but every other relationships...your level of self entitlement and nonchalant attitude stinks to the Heavens!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by cerpvad(m): 6:45pm On Jan 09, 2020
Check out the bolded statements. That was why he left you.

My advice to people is that they should only date someone in their social circle. Next time you want to give dating a try, ensure you don't fall into such traps once more.
geraldinai:

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ladies, What's The 'ideal Male Body' You Admire So Much? / She Cheated With Her 'Cousin'. I'm Finding It Hard To Forgive Her / Lady Covers Her Nose, Watches Her Man Poo Inside Toilet In Pre-wedding Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.