Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,195 members, 7,818,651 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:47 PM

The More Successful A Woman Becomes, The Lonelier Shes Going To Be - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The More Successful A Woman Becomes, The Lonelier Shes Going To Be (7740 Views)

Young Lady Boasts That All Men Want To Sleep With Her Because Shes Too Beautiful / I Broke Up With My Girlfriend Now Shes Back But I Am Confused / I Won't Take My Future Husband's Name Unless He's More Successful-Cynthia Lolo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

The More Successful A Woman Becomes, The Lonelier Shes Going To Be by Kennedyiheme: 3:22pm On Jan 09, 2020
Call it crazy but its reality... a successful woman wouldn't want to date down, she wouldn't want to date someone she makes more money than, aslo wealthy men don't want to marry a woman of equal status.. so in reality if you're a woman you cant have both.. you must sacrifice one for the other.. its either you sacrifice family for your career and riches or you sacrifice career for family... its your choice to pick one...

Example of successful of successful nigerian women without husbands and a traditional family...
MOST NIGERIAN FEMALE CELEBS grin

4 Likes

Re: The More Successful A Woman Becomes, The Lonelier Shes Going To Be by Dreiwizzy: 3:23pm On Jan 09, 2020
True story

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The More Successful A Woman Becomes, The Lonelier Shes Going To Be by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:26pm On Jan 09, 2020
the rubbish men with low self esteem tell themselves.... is amazing!

the important question IS: why should anyone date down? instead they should date WISE and who they desire. sadly, people with money dont care who they date so long as that person makes them happy. its only poor people that focus on money!

wealthy men dont want to marry equal women because they want to use their money to control women... a woman with money cannot be controlled with money, duh!

a wealthy woman can have family and a successful career, the hard part is to find a man that wont be too insecure to be with such woman.... expecting her to be a housewife (cooking and cleaning everyday). if market women can be housewives then any wealthy women can do the same, while having cleaners and servants.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The More Successful A Woman Becomes, The Lonelier Shes Going To Be by Funmmyastic: 3:29pm On Jan 09, 2020
Tell that to Beyonce or Rihanna.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The More Successful A Woman Becomes, The Lonelier Shes Going To Be by popsy2(m): 3:33pm On Jan 09, 2020
ok
Re: The More Successful A Woman Becomes, The Lonelier Shes Going To Be by Kennedyiheme: 3:41pm On Jan 09, 2020
MrBrownJay1:
the rubbish men with low self esteem tell themselves.... is amazing!

the important question IS: why should anyone date down? instead they should date WISE and who they desire. sadly, people with money dont care who they date so long as that person makes them happy. its only poor people that focus on money!

wealthy men dont want to marry equal women because they want to use their money to control women... a woman with money cannot be controlled with money, duh!

a wealthy woman can have family and a successful career, the hard part is to find a man that wont be too insecure to be with such woman.... expecting her to be a housewife (cooking and cleaning everyday). if market women can be housewives then any wealthy women can do the same, while having cleaners and servants.

how many wealthy men have you seen marrying wealthy women? I'm glad you metioned the hard part is to find a man that wont bother about her wealth... wow you basically just repeated all i said lol

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: The More Successful A Woman Becomes, The Lonelier Shes Going To Be by Kennedyiheme: 3:42pm On Jan 09, 2020
Funmmyastic:
is rihanna married?... beyonce was singing in destiny's child when she met jayz, she wasn't as successful

5 Likes

Re: The More Successful A Woman Becomes, The Lonelier Shes Going To Be by Abfinest007(m): 3:47pm On Jan 09, 2020
not in all cases
Re: The More Successful A Woman Becomes, The Lonelier Shes Going To Be by samdavjustin(m): 3:48pm On Jan 09, 2020
Funmmyastic:

You know how many times jay z has cheated on Beyoncé? Rihanna is not married but ofcourse jumps from one man to the other

7 Likes

Re: The More Successful A Woman Becomes, The Lonelier Shes Going To Be by Kennedyiheme: 3:49pm On Jan 09, 2020
samdavjustin:

You know how many times jay z has cheated on Beyoncé? Rihanna is not married but ofcourse jumps from one man to the other
exactly, successful women are the best side chicks/baby mama.. aka linda ikeji
Re: The More Successful A Woman Becomes, The Lonelier Shes Going To Be by internationalman(m): 3:49pm On Jan 09, 2020
Fact from OP....

The only way a successful woman won't live a lonely and boring life is if she marries a man more or equally as successful as she is.

10 Likes

Re: The More Successful A Woman Becomes, The Lonelier Shes Going To Be by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:51pm On Jan 09, 2020
Kennedyiheme:
how many wealthy men have you seen marrying wealthy women? I'm glad you metioned the hard part is to find a man that wont bother about her wealth... wow you basically just repeated all i said lol

bro stop writing rubbish online, it makes you look "unintelligent"....
here is a clue: wealthy people dont NEED/CARE about marrying wealthy people, they would instead simply marry anyone they fancy. its only poor people that believe that a wealthy person MUST marry another wealthy person. again, a wealthy person does NOT care about money, they already got it.

only an insecure low self esteem man would look down on a wealthy woman, because she makes more than him.

20 Likes

Re: The More Successful A Woman Becomes, The Lonelier Shes Going To Be by Kennedyiheme: 3:59pm On Jan 09, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

here is a clue: wealthy people dont NEED/CARE about marrying wealthy people, they would instead simply marry anyone they fancy. its only poor people that believe that a wealthy person MUST marry another wealthy person. again, a wealthy person does NOT care about money, they already got it.

only an insecure low self esteem man would look down on a wealthy woman, because she makes more than him.
lol yeah I'm unintelligent lol... but tell us how many rich men marry rich women grin

7 Likes

Re: The More Successful A Woman Becomes, The Lonelier Shes Going To Be by Kennedyiheme: 4:00pm On Jan 09, 2020
Abfinest007:
not in all cases
in most cases

1 Like

Re: The More Successful A Woman Becomes, The Lonelier Shes Going To Be by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:03pm On Jan 09, 2020
Kennedyiheme:
lol yeah I'm unintelligent lol... but tell us how many rich men marry rich women grin

as well as "unintelligent", you seem to be also BLIND... here it is again:

MrBrownJay1:

5 Likes

Re: The More Successful A Woman Becomes, The Lonelier Shes Going To Be by Kennedyiheme: 4:06pm On Jan 09, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

as well as "unintelligent", you seem to be also BLIND... here it is again:

going around in circles... answer my question, how many rich and wealthy men marry women of equal status?... do you think dangote would be stupid enough to marry a woman as rich as him...?

1 Like

Re: The More Successful A Woman Becomes, The Lonelier Shes Going To Be by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:11pm On Jan 09, 2020
Kennedyiheme:
going around in circles... answer my question, how many rich and wealthy men marry women of equal status?... do you think dangote would be stupid enough to marry a woman as rich as him...?

and the reason Dangote dont "need" to marry a wealthy woman is because.....

MrBrownJay1:
wealthy people dont NEED/CARE about marrying wealthy people, they would instead simply marry anyone they fancy. its only poor people that believe that a wealthy person MUST marry another wealthy person. again, a wealthy person does NOT care about money, they already got it.

3 Likes

Re: The More Successful A Woman Becomes, The Lonelier Shes Going To Be by Kennedyiheme: 4:21pm On Jan 09, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

and the reason Dangote dont "need" to marry a wealthy woman is because.....

if someone like dangote is getting married, its because he wants to enjoy the bliss and fun of the traditional marriage...a career woman doesn't have time to cook ir care for her husband.. so someone like dangote comes back home, his multi billionaire wife is still at work... the first question he'd ask himself is "then why did i get married"

8 Likes

Re: The More Successful A Woman Becomes, The Lonelier Shes Going To Be by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:31pm On Jan 09, 2020
Kennedyiheme:
if someone like dangote is getting married, its because he wants to enjoy the bliss and fun of the traditional marriage...a career woman doesn't have time to cook ir care for her husband.. so someone like dangote comes back home, his multi billionaire wife is still at work... the first question he'd ask himself is "then why did i get married"

again, stop assuming nonsense...
A) people like Dangote (or anybody else) want to get married for different reasons and this has absolutely NOTHING to do with traditional marriage
B) whoever Dangote marries will NEVER cook and clean.... and if she ever does, it will only be for the fun of it (and certainly not as a marital necessity)
C) a career woman dont NEED to cook and clean as she would certainly have a maid/servants
D) the fact that you believe that Dangote would marry a babe so that he could have someone that can cook for him when he gets home, shows us all how clueless you are about life. the dude already had someone cooking and cleaning for him (before marriage).,,, he certainly doesnt need to get married for that.
FINALLY if you believe that this is the essence of marriage (aka finding someone to cook for you when you get home), what about married people who are both hardworking?! i guess in your world, if a wife has a demanding job (as a cleaner, for example), she can never be a good wife, abi?!?!?!?!

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: The More Successful A Woman Becomes, The Lonelier Shes Going To Be by samdavjustin(m): 4:32pm On Jan 09, 2020
Kennedyiheme:
exactly, successful women are the best side chicks/baby mama.. aka linda ikeji

Lol you be sabi man

1 Like

Re: The More Successful A Woman Becomes, The Lonelier Shes Going To Be by chigoizie7(m): 4:37pm On Jan 09, 2020
Kennedyiheme:

See as you gather strength and time de follow this one talk

1 Like

Re: The More Successful A Woman Becomes, The Lonelier Shes Going To Be by Kennedyiheme: 4:44pm On Jan 09, 2020
chigoizie7:

See as you gather strength and time de follow this one talk
cheesy
Re: The More Successful A Woman Becomes, The Lonelier Shes Going To Be by Kennedyiheme: 4:48pm On Jan 09, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

again, stop assuming nonsense...
A) people like Dangote (or anybody else) want to get married for different reasons and this has absolutely NOTHING to do with traditional marriage
B) whoever Dangote marries will NEVER cook and clean.... and if she ever does, it will only be for the fun of it (and certainly not as a marital necessity)
C) a career woman dont NEED to cook and clean as she would certainly have a maid/servants
D) the fact that you believe that Dangote would marry a babe so that he could have someone that can cook for him when he gets home, shows us all how clueless you are about life. the dude already had someone cooking and cleaning for him (before marriage).,,, he certainly doesnt need to get married for that.
FINALLY if you believe that this is the essence of marriage (aka finding someone to cook for you when you get home), what about married people who are both hardworking?! i guess in your world, if a wife has a demanding job (as a cleaner, for example), she can never be a good wife, abi?!?!?!?!
lol you keep countering your own points, exactly why dontgote wont get married to a wealthy woman is because his maid would do everything his billionaire why can't.. cook, clean wash, probably sex... so whats the usefulness of his billionaire wife?... what exactly is she needed for ? Absolutely useless.... men like you have been emasculated and are simps... the world would be a better place without men acting so feminine... damn

3 Likes

Re: The More Successful A Woman Becomes, The Lonelier Shes Going To Be by Cataclysmic: 5:00pm On Jan 09, 2020
Unfortunately very true!!! undecided

REASONS
1. Hypergamy - Despite her riches/wealth, she'll likely still be looking for a richer/wealthier man to get married to. Using a quick analogy, imagine all of the following women are/were unmarried and are seeking to get married- Beyonce, Linda Ikeji, Folorunsho Alakija, Oprah Winfrey. The pertinent question becomes: how many men are richer than these women, and even more importantly, how many of those men are still single and/or searching?

2. Prior/previous societal expectations expected men to be the providers/breadwinners of families, whereas women were more or less dependent on the men in their lives for their upkeep. Even in some cases/cultures where women earned some money, they were still required to hand it over to their husbands, who will eventually dictate how it will be used/disbursed. Conversely, in this modern era where a good number of women are self-sufficient, they really do not see the need for a man/male partner.

3. The hubris of some feminists/misandrists - Like it or not, deny it or accept it, there are a lot of feminists who are "successful" or would want you to believe so, and are desperately trying to prove something to everyone, even when no one necessarily cares. These are the ones who would be found saying any of the following: "I am independent," "I buy my own stuff, pay my own bills," "I don't need a man." Even when no one is listening or when the topic of discussion is not in direct correlation, they'll still find one way or another to chip in any of the aforementioned phrases. It would seem that they expect men to handle their (women's) bills by default, despite all their "pseudo-equality" mantra, and when they have to be responsible for their finances, without any man to pick the bills for them, that is when they start spouting off about how they are they are independent, or pay their own bills, or do not need a man and "yada yada yada." Before nko, who should be responsible for your own bills? Loll!!! tongue

I have expressed my humble opinion: you are entirely free to agree with me, or you can kindly "e-argue" with yourself. The choice is yours!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The More Successful A Woman Becomes, The Lonelier Shes Going To Be by Kennedyiheme: 5:08pm On Jan 09, 2020
Cataclysmic:
Unfortunately very true!!! undecided

REASONS
1. Hypergamy - Despite her riches/wealth, she'll likely still be looking for a richer/wealthier man to get married to. Using a quick analogy, imagine all of the following women are/were unmarried and are seeking to get married- Beyonce, Linda Ikeji, Folorunsho Alakija, Oprah Winfrey. The pertinent question becomes: how many men are richer than these women, and even more importantly, how many of those men are still single and/or searching?

2. Prior/previous societal expectations expected men to be the providers/breadwinners of families, whereas women were more or less dependent on the men in their lives for their upkeep. Even in some cases/cultures where women earned some money, they were still required to hand it over to their husbands, who will eventually dictate how it will be used/disbursed. Conversely, in this modern era where a good number of women are self-sufficient, they really do not see the need for a man/male partner.

3. The hubris of some feminists/misandrists - Like it or not, deny it or accept it, there are a lot of feminists who are "successful" or would want you to believe so, and are desperately trying to prove something to everyone, even when no one necessarily cares. These are the ones who would be found saying any of the following: "I am independent," "I buy my own stuff, pay my own bills," "I don't need a man." Even when no one is listening or when the topic of discussion is not in direct correlation, they'll still find one way or another to chip in any of the aforementioned phrases. It would seem that they expect men to handle their (women's) bills by default, despite all their "pseudo-equality" mantra, and when they have to be responsible for their finances, without any man to pick the bills for them, that is when they start spouting off about how they are they are independent, or pay their own bills, or do not need a man and "yada yada yada." Before nko, who should be responsible for your own bills? Loll!!! tongue

I have expressed my humble opinion: you are entirely free to agree with me, or you can kindly "e-argue" with yourself. The choice is yours!!!

you said it all... i tell women, you can't gave a successful career and a family.. they dont see eye to eye, do you know how long it would take to build a million dollar business... bezos started Amazon 25 years ago... all this while shes building a career, she wouldn't have time
for relationships, menopause would set in.. no man wants to marry a woman that cant have babys anymore
Re: The More Successful A Woman Becomes, The Lonelier Shes Going To Be by 2buffagain(m): 5:12pm On Jan 09, 2020
I don't understand this thing about successful men not wanting successful women.
I like babes who are doing big things.
That's all I date.

2020 is the year of power couples... Not parasites.

9 Likes

Re: The More Successful A Woman Becomes, The Lonelier Shes Going To Be by LordKO(m): 5:18pm On Jan 09, 2020
It's quite ridiculous to hear that most women cannot have successful career and successful home simultaneously, even when they abound everywhere - maybe, you haven't heard of something called balance. You've to accept the fact that it's not every woman who's egoistic (selfish, self-centered, or greedy). An altruistic woman, or a principled woman who has altruistic interest towards her husband (a sane husband), will definitely maintain both successful career and successful home.

What's true is that the the more successful an egoistic woman becomes, the lonelier/more unfulfilled she's going to be. So, the only kind of career successful woman who may not be able to marry the caliber of man - successful and sane man - she desires or have a successful marriage with such man, is an egoistic woman.

Also, it's only an egoistic career successful woman (or man) whose definition of "marrying down" is marrying someone of lower financial status, who will not marry a man below her financial status.

In summary, one's ethical leanings will always determine their mentality - and through people's ethical leanings you know their character. Spontaneous reciprocation of good character (goodness) is the major mechanism that enables a mutually healthy and happy marriage/relationship.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The More Successful A Woman Becomes, The Lonelier Shes Going To Be by Kennedyiheme: 5:23pm On Jan 09, 2020
LordKO:
It's quite ridiculous to hear that most women cannot have successful career and successful home simultaneously, even when they abound everywhere - maybe, you haven't heard of something called balance. You've to accept the fact that it's not every woman who's egoistic (selfish, self-centered, or greedy). An altruistic woman, or a principled woman who has altruistic interest towards her husband (a sane husband), will definitely maintain both successful career and successful home.

The only kind of career successful woman who may not be able to marry the caliber of man - successful and sane man - she desires or have a successful marriage with such man, is an egoistic woman.

Also, it's only an egoistic career successful woman (or man) whose definition of "marrying down" means marrying someone of lower financial status, that will not marry a man below her financial status.

In summary, one's ethical leanings will always determine their mentality - and through people's ethical leanings you know their character. Spontaneous and reciprocation of good character (goodness) is the major mechanism that enables a mutually healthy and happy marriage/relationship.

at the end of the day, this is what you want.. in reality, its different... how many successful women are married, compared to the least successful women that are married.. I'm sure we all know the figures...

1 Like

Re: The More Successful A Woman Becomes, The Lonelier Shes Going To Be by Amumaigwe: 5:34pm On Jan 09, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

The OP is saying that wealthy women will find it difficult to get themselves men to date because women generally date upwards ie they date a man who is better than (richer, more powerful etc) they are. The question is this; how many of such wealthier or more powerful men will want to date a woman of equal or even near equal status?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The More Successful A Woman Becomes, The Lonelier Shes Going To Be by LordKO(m): 5:38pm On Jan 09, 2020
Kennedyiheme:
at the end of the day, this is what you want.. in reality, its different... how many successful women are married, compared to the least successful women that are married.. I'm sure we all know the figures...

The problem is that you're using your environment and your POV as standard in a matter like this, very ridiculous. How many successful women do you know?

Believe you me, 95% of married women I can proudly say I know are successful both in their careers and marriages, and some of them have money more than their husbands. I find it ridiculous to hear anyone thinks that there're no wealthy/successful women who're equally submissive.

8 Likes

Re: The More Successful A Woman Becomes, The Lonelier Shes Going To Be by victorian(f): 5:40pm On Jan 09, 2020
2buffagain:
I don't understand this thing about successful men not wanting successful women.
I like babes who are doing big things.
That's all I date.

2020 is the year of power couples... Not parasites.

God bless you.

Don't mind the insecure op

3 Likes

Re: The More Successful A Woman Becomes, The Lonelier Shes Going To Be by victorian(f): 5:42pm On Jan 09, 2020
Amumaigwe:

The OP is saying that wealthy women will find it difficult to find a date because women generally date upwards ie they date a man who is better than (richer, more powerful etc) they are. The question is this; how many of such wealthier or more powerful men will want to date a woman of equal or even near equal status?

Such wealthy men exist.
You can only say for yourself, no need generalising.

You don't know what really goes on, out there between rich ladies and rich guys.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lady With Big Melon Spotted In Nigerian Airport Roman Goddess Is Learning Work / This FB Post Shows That You Can't Trust Ladies / PHOTOS: Married Woman Stuck With Her Boyfriend During S*x

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.