Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,215 members, 7,818,730 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:13 PM

Love And Lust - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Love And Lust (1290 Views)

Difference Between Love And Lust! 10 Signs. / Differences Between True Love And Fake Love / What Is The Diffrent Between Love And Lust (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Love And Lust by BillGatesFan(m): 10:08am On May 29, 2007
"What is this thing called love?" a popular song asks. A good question, in the material world,on the basest level,love is nothing but lust. It is not really love. Love is much,much more. Love's actions are not based on the temporary gratification of the senses. Love becomes lust the moment you make it a means for the satisfaction of Animal needsd," said Gandhi.

That is lust,and that is what usually goes under the name" love" in this world. But real love is far different. The Greeks wisely distinguised between the two in their Language: eros,physical love,or lust; and agape,spiritual love.

In this world," I love you" usually means" I lust for you." There is raw lust and romanticized lust. When certain sentiments surround the sex drive,people call it" Romance. " By definition, romance has little to do with reality. So-called romance sweeps people off their feet with a storm of emotions. people want romantic attachments,In a romance affair,there is the glitter of excitement and adventure. "At last!" people think. " I've finally met the person I've been looking for, the love of my life."

The Sex drive is so strong that under the grip of lust,one feels that he wantrs to possess the sex object forever and ever.When a man lusts after a woman,he experiences a whole range of so-called romantic emotions. He feels tender,intimate,protective,solicitous,gallant." You make me feel like a man," he says. " won't you be mine? I can't live without you."

The woman,wanting to be Possessed, to belong to a man,says," Yes, I'm yours. I'll never love anyone but you."

Sex can break up families and jeopardize one's health,wealth,and reputation.Men have not hesitated to sacrifice everything for sexual passion. even wars have been started over sex. Still, the mind's rationalizations are so convincing and the sex drive so strong that people will convice themselves of anything,say anything,and risk everything-just to have sex.
Re: Love And Lust by sammyjl(f): 2:28pm On Aug 29, 2007
Love is wen u sacrifice all you have for it, with lust, u only want something at that point in time, once u get it u run fast without looking back. cheesy
Re: Love And Lust by QueenK1(f): 2:56am On Aug 30, 2007
sammy i agree witth u , lust is chop n run back tto ur real love, becos u don't want to loose him or her, lust is part-time, luv is forever
Re: Love And Lust by Beebsyn(m): 11:44am On Aug 30, 2007
well, al i can say abt the matter is dat, love is a kind of feeling in which only u no to ur self and the other partner can neither feel or no.
Re: Love And Lust by NaJaHaJe(f): 11:56am On Aug 30, 2007
love is ------------------------- love is------------------------------------- love is ---------------------------------- indescribable.

its that feeling of elation beyond your years

the flutterings in your belly

the quickness of your breath

the feeling to willingly die with or for you intended

suddenly you feel life is complete and your ready to face the world head on together.

its the warm feeling within your body.

it the intense way you care for your intended

*I could go on*

LUST DOES NOT COMPARE TO ANY OF THESE. Lust is animalistic, physical and forbidden. Thats why it sometomes feels so good.
Re: Love And Lust by efuah(f): 12:55pm On Aug 30, 2007
LOVE IS SELFLESS, LUST IS SELFISH
Re: Love And Lust by Echidime(m): 10:13am On Sep 01, 2007
I love this post,post like this is what we should be talking about here: For me love is Divine and what ever is Divine Nothing can stop it,when you have a Divine love partner nothing and nobody can break that bound of love.

While lust is Satanic or demoniac,for whatever that is satanic or demoniac is out for destruction,Lust is out to destroy peoples divine love life. A one day act of lust can cost anyone his or her True love, which he or she have been cultivating for years.

(1) (Reply)

Shattered But Strong However What Would You Do? / Dating: How Long Can You Wait / Please Help Me Now!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.