Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,812 members, 7,813,681 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:10 PM

Hope Uzodinma Sworn In As Governor Of Imo State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hope Uzodinma Sworn In As Governor Of Imo State (52729 Views)

Omobayo Marvellous Godwin Sworn-in As Edo Deputy-Governor (Photos) / Hope Uzodinma Arrested / Court Affirms Hope Uzodinma As Imo APC Governorship Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hope Uzodinma Sworn In As Governor Of Imo State by Ctorch: 7:46pm On Jan 15, 2020
Senator Hope Uzodinma has been sworn in as the governor of Imo State.

The governor-elect and his deputy, Professor Placid Njoku, were sworn in by the Chief Justice of the state, Justice Pascal Nnadi.

The swearing-in ceremony was held at the Imo State Government House, hours after Senator Uzodinma received his certificate of return from INEC in Abuja and one day after the Supreme Court nullified the election of Emeka Ihedioha and declared him the elected governor of the state.

The National Chairman of the APC, Adams Oshiomhole, former Governor of the State, Senator Rochas Okorocha and governorship candidate of APGA in the 2019 governorship election, Ifeanyi Ararume were among those in attendance at the swearing-in ceremony.

https://www.channelstv.com/2020/01/15/breaking-hope-uzodinma-sworn-in-as-imo-state-governor/

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hope Uzodinma Sworn In As Governor Of Imo State by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jan 15, 2020
Congratulations

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hope Uzodinma Sworn In As Governor Of Imo State by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jan 15, 2020
Edited...

If you want to make your people happy,go to the nooks and cranies of Imo and ask for what the problem is and work out a plan to start achieving them Mr Gov.

Take am easy ok,no let the highly exalted post climb your brain like that Emeka guy.

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Hope Uzodinma Sworn In As Governor Of Imo State by Daviddson(m): 8:02pm On Jan 15, 2020
I knew it wasn't going to take days. What a sad day for for the former gov. Hope had better not repeat the high-handedness and hubris of Emeka, because this life is very unpredictable.

MODIFIED: For those quoting me amiss, I was not against his decision to probe Okorocha's govt - almost every new gov does it and even if they don't do it, EFCC does it and 3 former ones are currently serving jail terms by the latter's effort. By handedness, I mean sending thugs and louts to beat up Okorocha's daughter (or he may not have given them that order, but his body language empowered them to do that) and destroying structures built with taxpayers money that added beauty to the skylines of the capital city just because he wanted to make the public believe that his predecessor wasted money on such structures. Lagos has such structures too, so Imo is not the first.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hope Uzodinma Sworn In As Governor Of Imo State by hisexcellency34: 8:02pm On Jan 15, 2020
Don't witchhunt Ihediola
Recover loots from Okorocha if you can
Let Imo feel that God really has a hand In your becoming governor.
Dont steal public funds

74 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Hope Uzodinma Sworn In As Governor Of Imo State by jamesope04(m): 8:06pm On Jan 15, 2020
So fast? These people no even get time to waste

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hope Uzodinma Sworn In As Governor Of Imo State by Eteka1(m): 8:09pm On Jan 15, 2020
Ihedioha was too busy witch-hunting Okorocha to properly handle his case at the Tribunal.

156 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Hope Uzodinma Sworn In As Governor Of Imo State by realstars: 8:13pm On Jan 15, 2020
So far so good but under injustices

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Hope Uzodinma Sworn In As Governor Of Imo State by chiemmanuel(m): 8:14pm On Jan 15, 2020
How many years will he serve since ihedioha has ruled for some time

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hope Uzodinma Sworn In As Governor Of Imo State by Sirnose(m): 8:15pm On Jan 15, 2020
Let him start showing working immediately!!
That's why he's there

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hope Uzodinma Sworn In As Governor Of Imo State by Chekitaut: 8:39pm On Jan 15, 2020
Mbaka WHY? I dey laf in Toronto style.

1 Like

Re: Hope Uzodinma Sworn In As Governor Of Imo State by Pr0cter: 8:50pm On Jan 15, 2020
Hope Uzodinma would loot the life out of Imo State.

Hope believes everything is all about money and he's also a cunny man.

But congratulations to him, he is going to be the governor of Imo State for the next 8 years

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hope Uzodinma Sworn In As Governor Of Imo State by Sicilyjoe: 8:58pm On Jan 15, 2020
hisexcellency34:
Don't witchhunt Ihediola
Recover loots from Okorocha if you can
Let Imo feel that God really has a hand In your becoming governor.
Dont steal public funds

He should also recover loots from emeka

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Hope Uzodinma Sworn In As Governor Of Imo State by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:06pm On Jan 15, 2020
One morning,
Citizen Hope Uzodinma woke up,
by nightfall he was the Governor of a State.

Same morning, Governor Emeka Ihedioha woke up, hearing 'Good Morning Your Excellency' before he even took his morning bath, by nightfall, he was a regular citizen.

God, we hail thee!...........Dee! wink

Governor Hope Uzodinma, Make sure Imolites feel good governance.
Make sure there is a difference between you and Mr Destroyer of structures, the only thing Ihedioha will be remembered for for the few destructive months he spent.

There shall be no more power to demolish...............Chairman Omenka!

God bless Imo State.
God bless Nigeria.

45 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Hope Uzodinma Sworn In As Governor Of Imo State by NaijaOlosho(f): 10:06pm On Jan 15, 2020
Afonja Judges conniving with the APC to rig court judgement at the supreme court.

No problem.

kiss kiss

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Hope Uzodinma Sworn In As Governor Of Imo State by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:06pm On Jan 15, 2020
The last thing to leave a man is HOPE.

CONGRATULATIONS Your Excellency, Governor HOPE Uzodinma.

From all us @[/b] : [b]CONGRATULATIONS to the good people of Imo State.

God bless Imo state.

God bless Nigeria.

A New dawn for Imo State.

SangoOlukosoOba:

God bless your Mother!

Na child she born and fed you on quality baby foods.

Not all this pikin littering Nairaland that fed fat on pap from 0 month to 3 years old.

A very BIG Amen.
God bless all our mothers @[color=#006600][/color].

Orisa Nla bless you too Sango Oko Oya.
God bless Nigeria.

14 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Hope Uzodinma Sworn In As Governor Of Imo State by hisexcellency34: 10:06pm On Jan 15, 2020
I hope he won't be worse
Re: Hope Uzodinma Sworn In As Governor Of Imo State by DEHVEHLOP(m): 10:07pm On Jan 15, 2020
THE PIGS, PIGLETS AND IDIOTS FELAS RIGHT NOW grincheesy

THEY WILL AVOID THIS THREAD ASWEAR grin

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hope Uzodinma Sworn In As Governor Of Imo State by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:07pm On Jan 15, 2020
Eteka1:
Ihedioha was too busy witch-hunting Okorocha to properly handle his case at the Tribunal.
Absolute truth.
chiemmanuel:
that means imo state elections won't be held the same time as others
Exactly.
Sanchez01:

Really? He shouldn't witchhunt Ihedioha? If I was Hope, I'll start from tomorrow. For a cretin who spent most of his moments running after his predecessor and feeling like a king, I'd love to see him dragged and reduced to nothing that he is already.
Two wrongs do not make a right.
Haba!
wingmanIII:

No thanks. Imolites are sad and shocked.
Speak for you and your yard boy.
Put this song below on repeat and start dancing right away,
Perhaps it makes you feel better after 24 hours of constant migraine.
Ndooo...
Sorry...
Pele ti e....

Even Ihedioha has allowed the verdict to sink in.
Read his words below in red

Ihedioha : "Consequently, we have put machinery in motion to hand-over the reins of office to the APC Candidate as the the next governor of Imo State. This will be coordinated by the Secretary to the State Government. I therefore direct all members of Imo State Expanded Executive Council, and all political appointees to write their handing-over notes and to return all government properties in their custody, forthwith. I shall not be party to pilfering of Government property or funds"
guiddoti:
I need explanation to Ihedioha's last sentence. It shows more of Nigeria's mentality that I never understand.
We were so suprise to read that from the outgoing governor also.
They have seen pilfering of government properties and looting of public funds while in office as a normal thing.
See how he puts it as if he is doing Imolites some favour!
May God punish all thieving politicians in our nation.

adanny01:

That was just image redemption since it is the last time he will be heard in the official capacity as governor.

The issue is be has done more harm to his reputation such that he will not be coming back to that office without the incumbency advantage.

He has so messed up and blew his only chance of redemption by witch hunting Okorocha without doing any reasonable thing.
You are absolutely right Mr Adanny.
You are so on point sir.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Hope Uzodinma Sworn In As Governor Of Imo State by Badonasty(m): 10:07pm On Jan 15, 2020
Lol....can’t imagine what is going through Ihedioha mind right now

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hope Uzodinma Sworn In As Governor Of Imo State by WalkerMichael(m): 10:07pm On Jan 15, 2020
Only God know how we play politics in this country.. Congratulations to the new governor

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hope Uzodinma Sworn In As Governor Of Imo State by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:07pm On Jan 15, 2020
chiemmanuel:
How many years will he serve since ihedioha has ruled for some time

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Hope Uzodinma Sworn In As Governor Of Imo State by wingmanIII: 10:07pm On Jan 15, 2020
To everybody celebrating/supporting this glaring injustice. May you only experience injustice and pain in your life.

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Hope Uzodinma Sworn In As Governor Of Imo State by miteolu(m): 10:07pm On Jan 15, 2020
Just like that
Re: Hope Uzodinma Sworn In As Governor Of Imo State by RexTramadol1: 10:08pm On Jan 15, 2020
Ion like him but I prefer him to Emeka
Re: Hope Uzodinma Sworn In As Governor Of Imo State by Amuluonyenaego: 10:08pm On Jan 15, 2020
ndi ara
Re: Hope Uzodinma Sworn In As Governor Of Imo State by Shaggy1993: 10:08pm On Jan 15, 2020
kiss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hope Uzodinma Sworn In As Governor Of Imo State by wingmanIII: 10:08pm On Jan 15, 2020
post=85831047:
CONGRATS Imolites

No thanks. Imolites are sad and shocked.

15 Likes

Re: Hope Uzodinma Sworn In As Governor Of Imo State by LUGBE: 10:08pm On Jan 15, 2020
Abrakatabra, the more you look, the less you see is happening in our Judiciary today.

I will study this judgement with that of Osun state cool

2 Likes

Re: Hope Uzodinma Sworn In As Governor Of Imo State by noleflendum: 10:09pm On Jan 15, 2020
My governor my governor
Please I want 2 statues urgently in Imo
1 for Prophet Dr Mbaka and the second one for the loser Emeka ihedioha

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lauretta Onochie On Sowore Arrest: “DSS Saved Him From Setting Self Ablaze” / "The Audacity": Army Deletes Cryptic Post After Killing Of Soldiers In Delta / What Some Americans Think Of Nigeria And Nigerians (Screenshots)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.