Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,017 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:43 AM

The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) (24710 Views)

Lives Of Former Governors After Office / Photos Of Arrested Boko Haram + Weapons Recovered By The Nigerian Troops / Picture Of Arrested Isis Leader On Way To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) by angel101(f): 8:38am On Aug 19, 2007
does plea bargain mean that they would not be punished? i think it means that their punishment is reduced. so me i no understand this one o!
Re: The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) by honeric01(m): 2:07am On Aug 20, 2007
well i think its about returning part of the stolen funds without being punished
Re: The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) by BigB11(m): 3:30am On Aug 20, 2007
Plea Bargain is legal and absolutely acceptable under any circumstances. It has been around for ever; and when this deal takes place, everyone benefits from it.
It is simply striking a deal with the prosecutor by submitting and coming clean with an exchange for leniency.

The politicians will give up the stolen money and go free or do less time in jail (between 4 to 12 months)

This strategy will save government some money and headache.
The reason why government might accept this deal: these cases are very messy, will take too long to complete, will cost too much and will be very difficult to win. Why? Too many are too corrupt for too long, even the prosecutors, judges and lawyers are corrupt too.
These cases could further divide the nation and at the end of the day the losers will be the poor and innocent Nigerian citizens.

These cases could also negatively affect the focus of this new administration; instead of focusing on improving standard of living, discovering cure for disease, stabilizing the economy and so on; the attention of this new administration will unnecessarily be divided into various parts and at the end of the day, absolutely nothing is guaranteed.

Hence, striking a plea bargain might not be a bad idea.
Re: The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) by ufobabe(f): 6:56pm On Aug 20, 2007
THE CHIEF OF THIEVES WILL BE THE FIRST PERSON
WHICH IS THE FORMER GOVERNOR OF EDO STATE

LUCKY IGBENIEDON

HE WAS NAME ''CHIEF OF THIEVES''

BY ONE OF OUR POLULAR NEWS PAPER
Re: The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) by honeric01(m): 3:10am On Aug 21, 2007
he deserves that honor, KING OF ALL THIEVES
Re: The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) by champredd(m): 7:22pm On Aug 21, 2007
I don tire waiting for new arrests
Re: The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) by 9ja4eva: 12:01pm On Aug 22, 2007
ufobabe:

THE CHIEF OF THIEVES WILL BE THE FIRST PERSON
WHICH IS THE FORMER GOVERNOR OF EDO STATE

LUCKY IGBENIEDON

HE WAS NAME ''CHIEF OF THIEVES''

BY ONE OF OUR POLULAR NEWS PAPER

Well said
Re: The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) by AminuXXX: 8:01am On Oct 21, 2007
This whole thing is a big joke, and the reason for that is because curruption is rooted deeply in the minds of these top officials. Why do you think these fomer governors run to the court system to get the EFCC off their backs? These former governors also slap these top court officials with some of the money that they embezzled, so that they can beat the case pending against them. Sam Egwu is a prime example of what I'm emphasizing, because back in Feb. of 2007 when he went to court the court system also struck out the case agaisnt him, stating that there was not enough evidence to stand in court against Sam Egwu. My question is, how is a man who was border line dirt poor now a Billionair in U.S. dollars? Even the president of the United States can not simply aquire so much wealth just by serving for a two term tenure, and George Bush makes $400,000 a year as apposed to Sam Egwu who made $80,000 a year. Sam Egwu is worth more than George Bush, and this took place over an eight year period of being the governor of Ebonyi State. And this is why blacks are in such poverty, because of individuals like Sam Egwu who do not care about his people, but simply sees the needs to embezzle millions from his African nation, buying exotic houses in the U.S.A., the UK, and having his children attend the most lavish universities. Why is it that it can't be logical to a thief like Sam Egwu that the more you educate your people, the more your nation will grow in wealth? This exposure is really good for people to see, because God doesn't like ugly, and it was also written, Sam Egwu!
Re: The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) by champredd(m): 5:18pm On Oct 29, 2007
What Egwu and the rest of the politically-selected robbers do not know is that the wealth will never last.
Re: The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) by anfasa3: 7:40pm On Apr 20, 2015
The list could be endless if indeed the president elect meant what he says.
The truth is .....is he gonna be able to do it ? Corruption is the second name for naija.
We are encouraged to be corrupt...... In the office , at home, in the churches and mosques today.... Corrupt men and women dominate all over the places.
With determination and we by God side things can and will change.
The man that track from Lagos to Abuja gives me hope that there are still some men and women that will keep their words comes what.
President elect Buhari .....you can write your name with golden pen if you choose to.
Most if us are looking on to you for the change you promised.
Re: The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) by chat2deen(m): 9:16pm On Apr 20, 2015
BigB11:
I wonder if it's OK to also probe former IG.

Because of Nigerian police Department dirty and corruption tradition or ritual ; I think it is a bigger challenge for any IG to stay clean.
I say, don't let us focus on just the governors, let's include other dirty officials.

I doubt the former IGP embezzled public funds! But he could be indicated by motorist because of the 20 naira egunje at check point. That little money climbs up to the ivory tower grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

The Current State Of Onicha Ugbo Federal Road In Delta State (pictures) / Sanwo-Olu Signs VAT Bill Into Law / Nigerians React To Nduka Obaigbena's Reported Neglect Of Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.