Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,052 members, 7,835,556 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:41 AM

A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? (61217 Views)

I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? / Boy Fights With His Father In Abia For Not Giving Him Money For Food / My Wife Wants Me To Beg For Intercourse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by nedekid: 1:35pm On Jan 23, 2020
izospindle:
A Friend Wanted Me To Lend Him Money I Told Him This. Am I Wrong?

So a friend of mine told me that his girlfriend is about to lose her admission, because school fee deadline is tomorrow. He asked me to lend him 70k.

I know how he loves this girl so I asked him to fill a form before I give him the money. Am I wrong for doing that?

He started saying a whole lot of things and has not spoken to me since. Note this is half of all my savings and I have a purpose for this particular fund just that the time has not come.

Advice is needed please
You did great.
Next time refare him to paylater, sokoloan etc grin

1 Like

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Zane2point4(m): 1:35pm On Jan 23, 2020
The way naija girls broke eeh,its too alarming.
Give me money for hair.
Money for school fees
Money for pad
Money for accommodation
Money for virtually everything.
Yet there popsi deh alive o.
My brother if you cant afford to loose that money better run for your life,he isnt putting it in an investment just for a girl that can run tomorrow.

3 Likes

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Emperor4tune(m): 1:35pm On Jan 23, 2020
if ur friend is a strong business type & u know his husstle can generate over 150k in a month or less than 2 month,then i see no big deal in lending him 70k,paying for his girlfriend school fee is no big deal,not all women are betrayers,they may have a deep secret & plans you may not no,dont be suprised if the guy ends up marrying the girl,there are still true lovers & true friends on earth,but the wickedness in the heart of most people has made it quite difficult for one to trust another.

1 Like

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Sanchez01: 1:35pm On Jan 23, 2020
vincentjk:
Don't lend him any money cos he won't pay back. About 2years ago I lent a very very close friend 3k and since then he has been avoiding me

He avoided me so much that when I lost my dad he didn't even come to pay me condolence talk more of coming for burial lols... Saw him last month and we greeted, he thought I'd ask him about the 3k but I didn't, allowed him bury his head in shame while i drove past him quietly

After this experience I stopped lending my friends money rather I support them with what i can when they've a problem and they thank me so well
grin grin grin

Story of my life. Mine was super manipulative that he always apologized for not paying up the moment he saw me. I became the one who avoided him just so it wouldn't look like the money made us jam. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by pek(m): 1:37pm On Jan 23, 2020
I want to ask you a rhetorical question.
Which will you lose and you won't feel too bad about it? The money or your friend? If you don't lend him the money, you will lose your friendship with him. However, if you want to GIVE him the money, your choice. But if you lent him the money, you will you lose your money and your friendship cause you ain't getting that money back!

5 Likes

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by holicupp(m): 1:38pm On Jan 23, 2020
things falls apartment
Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Cutehector(m): 1:38pm On Jan 23, 2020
You didnt do wrong. Pls dont give in to emotional blackmail . he should go do obuaja work
Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Baamm(m): 1:39pm On Jan 23, 2020
Hold on to your money... Trust me u won’t regret it. Let him go source for the fund elsewhere

1 Like

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by jaykay68(m): 1:39pm On Jan 23, 2020
Why are you post this trash here, after you have taken your decision why seek for advice? Abeg borrow yourself some brains.
Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by AerialMapper: 1:40pm On Jan 23, 2020
You cannot use the words friend and money in one sentence!

It doesn’t ever end well! Either your friendship goes sour or you lose your money ... depending how desperate your “friend” is... even your life.

Only give the money if you can afford to lose it

2 Likes

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by hollah123: 1:40pm On Jan 23, 2020
in case u really don't understand what u are about to do let me break it down for u. For your friend to come n meet u for school fee which is one of d most important thing in after admission, it shows that your friend is d one shouldering all d responsibility n probably seeing her through school cos where are her parents?

And that translates to the fact that he has other bills to pay too which might affect him paying back your money, n I believe it will affect u.

Bro, I can tell u from experience if u take him to police station for loan default bro I swear down d guy for tell police he will b paying u 1k per month n police will tell u "guy, police no dey draw debt ooo n we no fit detain am, if u mean business carry am go court".Just imagine d stress n d heartbreak.

And to that your useless friend who have refuse to get sense in 2020,its obvious d girl has little or no back up except your friend n if your friend can't meet up she must lean on other guys for survival which means breaking up with your guy is imminent. the basis of my long Tory is that either way u want to think about it, Na u go lose pass

5 Likes

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Nathan2016: 1:40pm On Jan 23, 2020
coldFLARES1:
Don't dare do it.

Way back, a friend quite particular about my 'progress' as an undergraduate scholar brought his nephew to make a business proposition to me that is supposed to be an equal partnership.

We drew an agreement and I made my equity contribution but was shocked not to find any profits to share as per our agreement, when the date fell due. Of course I took drastic measures which produced a fraction of my investment but ended up destroying the friendship (no apologies).

Not against helping a friend, but rendering assistance for a purpose which doesn't profit him directly is taking a hugely very risky gamble..... and you would lose!

He wants to make up the fees of a gf? Makes it even worse! Let's not talk about monies lost to such enterprise at all. Just tell him to gamble with his money so he can learn his lessons when it's break time.

How young men wilfully take on responsibilities they shouldn't contemplate is beyond me. She no get papa?

My brother, if your friendship should end because you have refused to funnel your funds to take care of your friend's foolishness, let it end! Just take 2k from your savings and get 2 other friends to a roadside bar to drink beer because you would have lost the whole of your 70k.

I literally have to reply this. Last comment was funny AF

Borrowing Nigerians money is like doing Bet 9ja games.

5 Likes

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Temiemmanuel(m): 1:41pm On Jan 23, 2020
It may sound funny, but I see nothing bad in lending a friend that amount for the said reason.

1 Like

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Nasir123(m): 1:42pm On Jan 23, 2020
izospindle:

So a friend of mine told me that his girlfriend is about to lose her admission, because school fee deadline is tomorrow. He asked me to lend him 70k.

I know how he loves this girl so I asked him to fill a form before I give him the money. Am I wrong for doing that?

He started saying a whole lot of things and has not spoken to me since. Note this is half of all my savings and I have a purpose for this particular fund just that the time has not come.

Advice is needed please

Please, just borrow me just 150k, am ready to fill the form correctly.
I'm ready to even pay with interest.

Your friend need to get the money somewhere else if he's so Angry.

1 Like

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jan 23, 2020
RisenPhoenix:

Same here. I have noticed that Nigerians in general don't repay loans unless they are forced to. I will never loan out money ever ever again.
YES!. Most people lend with evil intentions, not that they need the money but they do so in other to thwart the good plans one had 4 him/herself.
Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jan 23, 2020
izospindle:

Advice is needed please
You did not do anything wrong. But i'd have preferred you just tell him you don't have to spare than tell him to fill a form. Best case scenario was not giving him the money and still having him as a friend.
As for your friend, I'm surprised men still commit this much to women when u are not certain she's yours. If as at university level he's still borrowing to pay her fees what's going to keep her from following a man who can do that and more without sweat? Loyalty? faithfulness? Poverty dey clear woman eye o...besides what about her parents? Abi is it the sex that's blinding his eye? Sex that he's not the person that started first and he won't be the last is what he wants to kill himself for and then lose a friend in the process? I sure hope this girl does not disappoint him or else we will see another thread from you.

3 Likes

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Originalsly: 1:43pm On Jan 23, 2020
First of all.... is your friend telling the truth?.... and second.... is his girlfriend telling him the truth?

Bro..... so if he signed the form it means he will pay you back? How much would you have to pay to see the matter go to court?.... and how much would it cost you until judgement day?... and even so... if he is not working... or working for a small amount... the judge is likely to order him to repay you like N1000 per month.

Don't ever lend what you can't afford to lose.

2 Likes

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by amstamon: 1:44pm On Jan 23, 2020
We4all:

No, you're not wrong. But I have one question for you, and I need you to answer genuinely: If the tables were turned, and he asked the same of you, what would you make of it?

By the way, did you ask him to fill a form because you don't trust him to pay you back? Or were you concerned about his motive for requesting a loan from you? Either way, what he does with the money shouldn't be your problem as long as he can afford to pay you back.

Guy, life can be brutal, and no one knows what will happen in the next minute. So if I were you, I'd rather have my friend owe me one than the other way round. Just my two cents.

Oga stop saying rubbish!! You're just stupidly getting me pisssed off. I'm very sure you are that stupid and foolish friend that wants to borrow money so as to pay a girl school fees. One question for you,.. How long would this borrowed for school fees last? Are u still gonna borrow for her 200l,300l,400l,projects, feeding allowances and also for miscellaneous also?
And what would be your reaction if she finally dumps you which is certain (by the time she starts making friends, tasting young and perfect dicks, and getting exposed to campus life).
I pity your papa wey born you. U just no get sense.
Coconut head.
Gerrrrrrrrout joor

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Virginkpekus(f): 1:44pm On Jan 23, 2020
Temiemmanuel:
It may sound funny, but I see nothing bad in lending a friend that amount for the said reason.
As dangote wey you be na! Hope you saw where he said that 70k is 50percent of his life savings.

7 Likes

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jan 23, 2020
Temiemmanuel:
The moment you judge based on your own situation or financial power you will mislead people who are not supposed to lend such money.

3 Likes

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by GamalNasser: 1:45pm On Jan 23, 2020
izospindle:

Advice is needed please

Trust me that guy is not your friend but a blackmailer better cut him off now
Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by shineeye1: 1:46pm On Jan 23, 2020
If you understand why Fulani fears Amotekun, you will also understand why your friend hates documentation of loan...
Steer clear from those who abhor taking responsibility for their actions...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Cchuks27(m): 1:46pm On Jan 23, 2020
izospindle:

Advice is needed please

Bro I don't know you but in the name of God don't lend him that money. He won't pay you back! Don't trust people. That was my biggest mistake last year and it has cost me something very important. Don't lend him, I repeat, DONT LEND HIM!

1 Like

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Akinboboz(m): 1:46pm On Jan 23, 2020
As for me oo, don't have much to say, Shebi him get BVN rit , and also android phone, if yes, den ask him to download sokoloan and branch apps, dem fit borrow am, him go get sense laslas

1 Like

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by DexterousOne(m): 1:46pm On Jan 23, 2020
izospindle:

Advice is needed please

You dodged a bullet
Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Kobicove(m): 1:46pm On Jan 23, 2020
izospindle:

Advice is needed please

You were not wrong.

Before lending money to close friends and relations it's always good to agree on repayment terms undecided
Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by stanisbaratheon: 1:47pm On Jan 23, 2020
It is so sad that guys are still training pigeons in this day and age.
Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Meritocracy: 1:48pm On Jan 23, 2020
Don't borrow your friend money you couldn't give, whether filling the form or not, you will regret your action at the end. Beside he's not spending money on business but shameless hole.
Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Originalsly: 1:49pm On Jan 23, 2020
Temiemmanuel:

For the said reason.... would you lend your friend half of your life savings?
Feel free to pretend you didn't read this.

1 Like

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Sanchez01: 1:49pm On Jan 23, 2020
RisenPhoenix:

Hah. He'll pay in your dreams. I have people whom I see regularly owing me money for over 10 years. They don't even act as if they owe me money. I don't bear grudges sha, but they know; because I have told them korokoro; that even if I see them writhing on the floor dying in hunger pains, I will not help them with shishi.
Sincerely, I don't expect him to pay up again. I moved past that episode already. I am quite active on WhatsApp and he sees my status updates regularly and the fact that I completely shut him out is enough. Fiancée is angry and she wants me to take the issue up as the money is weighty someone but I can't. The way I raged when we had a confrontation over what he owes made me realize most of those around me do so because I am non-challant about things.

The clown told another of our friend he was surprised I could ask for the money. Money you borrowed to finance/support your business o. And it wasn't like I owe him for an act or something he did. I doubt he has been beneficial before.

These days, I tell those around me who ask to lend them money that I wouldn't lend money to anyone. If you come to me hoping to lend 100k, I'll whole heartedly give you 10k. That way, I know I gave it rather than have my mind fixated on something that will ruin so many things later.

1 Like

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by cjscon(m): 1:49pm On Jan 23, 2020
izospindle:

She has Mon and elder sister don't know about the dad
where does this ur friend and girl friend stay,i could help
Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by stieyven(m): 1:49pm On Jan 23, 2020
Davash222:
The foolish girl no get parents
You’re even a bad friend for trying to borrow your friend money to pay for a ‘girlfriend’ school fees.
Shame on you both!! You and your friend should use that money and buy sense!
He who calls another a fool shall be in danger of hell. Matthew 5 :22

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

3 Nice Girls. What Do I Do? / Sex Starved Husband / My Father Disowned Me For Marrying A Disfigured Man { Photos }

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.