Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,285 members, 7,836,261 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:06 AM

A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? (61230 Views)

I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? / Boy Fights With His Father In Abia For Not Giving Him Money For Food / My Wife Wants Me To Beg For Intercourse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by 2kurupt(m): 5:27pm On Jan 23, 2020
We4all:

You had that experience because you were buoyant enough to lend a hand. My take is, what happens when the table is turned and you become the one in need? Won't you go to your friends or family members for help?

I am not justifying any act of irresponsibility, but I am experienced enough to know that situations can change any minute, and we can end up at the bottomless pit. And the only ones who may bail us out are the people we know.

Plus, it is easy to castigate others until we find ourselves in the same situation. When we have a good life, it is easy to have a set of rules, and expect people to obey them.

When you are very BROKE without a dime, and you tell me that no one should lend money (that he can't afford to lose) to his friends and family members, then I'll take you seriously.

You do know the reason why the person is borrowing is what prompts your desire to help right? The friend's stated reason is totally ridiculous and unjustifiable
Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by TemmyT002(m): 5:27pm On Jan 23, 2020
Step 1: Never let anyone know how much you have in hand.
Step 2: When you can't afford to lend money to anyone, don't ever give it out.
Step 3: Never behave like a rich person.

1 Like

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Pat081: 5:46pm On Jan 23, 2020
izospindle:
A Friend Wanted Me To Lend Him Money I Told Him This. Am I Wrong?

So a friend of mine told me that his girlfriend is about to lose her admission, because school fee deadline is tomorrow. He asked me to lend him 70k.

I know how he loves this girl so I asked him to fill a form before I give him the money. Am I wrong for doing that?

He started saying a whole lot of things and has not spoken to me since. Note this is half of all my savings and I have a purpose for this particular fund just that the time has not come.

Advice is needed please
u have a good heart and what u do is good let him go to any building site to carry blocks at the end of the day he will get like #2500 if he do that 4 some days he will get the money and he can go with the so call gal friend too

1 Like

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Mrpojj(m): 5:54pm On Jan 23, 2020
izospindle:

So a friend of mine told me that his girlfriend is about to lose her admission, because school fee deadline is tomorrow. He asked me to lend him 70k.

I know how he loves this girl so I asked him to fill a form before I give him the money. Am I wrong for doing that?

He started saying a whole lot of things and has not spoken to me since. Note this is half of all my savings and I have a purpose for this particular fund just that the time has not come.

Advice is needed please

My brother keep ur money
Don't give anybody anything
Na so one of my frnd call me too for same tyn
I no even answer

1 Like

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by evidencenews1: 5:58pm On Jan 23, 2020
We4all:

No, you're not wrong. But I have one question for you, and I need you to answer genuinely: If the tables were turned, and he asked the same of you, what would you make of it?

By the way, did you ask him to fill a form because you don't trust him to pay you back? Or were you concerned about his motive for requesting a loan from you? Either way, what he does with the money shouldn't be your problem as long as he can afford to pay you back.

Guy, life can be brutal, and no one knows what will happen in the next minute. So if I were you, I'd rather have my friend owe me one than the other way round. Just my two cents.

You say life can be brutal abi, just tell the guy to send you his friend's number so you send the money to his friend to pay his girlfriend's school fees. Let me tell you, when I was in university, I never had any assistance. I struggled to pay my school fees before the expiration date. I had no good clothes, I was looking malnourished, no girlfriend, still I didn't go around lending money from anyone. I graduated with 2.1 yet no job. Last last education in Nigeria is a scam so you don't get angry because your friend refuse to borrow you money to pay your girlfriend's school fees, it's not reasonable angry

1 Like

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by paix(m): 6:00pm On Jan 23, 2020
virgoquin:
One of the unspoken rules of life is that never you lend money to a friend or family member that you cannot afford to lose or that will cause you great financial discomfort

BTW sef, him collecting the money to pay for his girlfriend's education is not an investment that will yield financial return now so how is he planning to pay you back.

If he have intention of paying back then why Is he angry that you are going to document the transaction. Red flag!!

I pray my brothers will not be this foolîsh like your friend
What if you were the one in need of the assistance?
Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Newmans: 6:23pm On Jan 23, 2020
There are friends you should do away with,vthis is 2020
Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by vincentjk(m): 6:25pm On Jan 23, 2020
eni4real:
3K shocked shocked
CC: Stupidity

When I've been offering him help but told him to return the 3k and he decided to avoid me

Just like owning a transaction shop and a friend asked for loan and you granted him

You're the one being stupid

1 Like

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Fantazy(m): 6:29pm On Jan 23, 2020
Call that ur friend down and advice him
He is drowned in love with a girlfriend.
The girl wey go dump am tomorrow... Na I go dey comfort am make him take heart and ur money don enter one chance!

Tell him to fear anything FEMALE

1 Like

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by zichien: 6:35pm On Jan 23, 2020
You sound like one of those folks that are fond of borrowing and not paying back. God is watching your type.

We4all:

never you lend money to a friend or family member that you cannot afford to lose or that will cause you great financial discomfort

And never you ask for a loan from a friend or family member when your condition becomes critical and the future looks bleak. When you become broke and in need of cash, approach a stranger then.

By the way, if you really can afford to lose the money, then why lend it? Why don't you just assist selflessly?

Do you think those who end up committing suicide because they couldn't afford to pay their debts, do it for the fun of it?

While there are bad debtors, there are those who genuinely cannot afford to pay back due to uncontrolled circumstances. And it is only human to write off such debts.

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by BuddhaPalm(m): 6:36pm On Jan 23, 2020
A "friend"...

Here's an interesting thread currently on the frontpage: I Released My House Document To My Cousin To Obtain Loan, How Can I Get It Back?
Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by BluntBoy(m): 6:51pm On Jan 23, 2020
izospindle:

Advice is needed please

If you can afford to lose the 70k, by all means, lend him, form or not.

But I will tell you something, never lend money to friends. It doesn't always end well. It destroys relationships.

So, if you have any amount that you can afford to lose, give him.

For me, I can't afford to lose 70k. Although, there might be exceptions. But I will never lend a friend 70k to pay school fees for a girlfriend.

1 Like

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by izospindle(m): 7:09pm On Jan 23, 2020
Tony142:

https://www.nairaland.com/5647370/released-house-document-cousin-obtain

yes sir I saw it too....I already told him am having withdrawal issues
Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by captain247: 7:36pm On Jan 23, 2020
Davash222:
The foolish girl no get parents
You’re even a bad friend for trying to borrow your friend money to pay for a ‘girlfriend’ school fees.
Shame on you both!! You and your friend should use that money and buy sense!

grin grin my rips o grin grin
Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Opeyemi4real(m): 7:36pm On Jan 23, 2020
If you know he has the source to pay back. Its what anyone can do for his sister. All I see here is poverty. And poverty must die in Jesus name.

Losing admission in this present Nigeria is unthinkable.
Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by chinonsolife342: 7:43pm On Jan 23, 2020
honestly both of them are not normal I swear ����
Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by poweredcom(m): 7:44pm On Jan 23, 2020
That girls is a scam she just want to use his head

Mumu guy wan go borrow money pay a girls sxhool fee imagine how all dese small boys with no brain a gal dat want even look back if she want to dump him for another man

And the slowpoke came to meet you to borrow him money oga just chase him away
Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by kecee99(m): 7:56pm On Jan 23, 2020
izospindle:

Advice is needed please
There's noting wrong in you giving him form to fill. If he has the intension of paying back I see no reason why he shouldn't fill the form undecided

1 Like

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by excanny: 8:05pm On Jan 23, 2020
He shouldn't pay for any girlfriend's school fees, not as much as 70k. That's dumb. A girl you are not married to.

You did well not lending him. Hopefully his brain resets and his eyes gets clear.
Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by MedicH: 8:05pm On Jan 23, 2020
Davash222:
The foolish girl no get parents
You’re even a bad friend for trying to borrow your friend money to pay for a ‘girlfriend’ school fees.
Shame on you both!! You and your friend should use that money and buy sense!

Lol the two need sense big time. Min wage is 30k and he wants to pay 70k for vagina that's not his own.

1 Like

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by MedicH: 8:06pm On Jan 23, 2020
captain247:

grin grin my rips o grin grin

Hmm ur gini? U say wetin? Rips ko rest in peaces ni!
Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by atmstyle: 8:23pm On Jan 23, 2020
virgoquin:
If the friend even has his own money and he wants to assist her I don't see any problem with it, but him going out to borrow money to fund her education is the height of foolishness and stupidity.

He type fit kill himself if the girl say she no wan do again cheesy cheesy

Now I know why some men dey kill thierself along with the girl they train for school if she wan try to leave the relationship. Imagine the sacrifices uncle must have made.

Lol at 'uncle'.
Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Miraculously: 8:29pm On Jan 23, 2020
And this said idiot has not paid his siblings fee's ever before..........buffalo
Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Sarah20A(f): 8:29pm On Jan 23, 2020
25tolife:
Aunty,only 1% of female spend on their partner and am very sure you are not among.
it is men like you who sit at home and expect their women to feed them. Women are meant to assist men and not to be the bread winner .if you should do a research on this issue, you might be surprised at the result you might get.
Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by dandostism88(m): 8:31pm On Jan 23, 2020
I rather carry the money play Bet9ja, guy don't fool yourself oo
Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by frozen70(f): 9:28pm On Jan 23, 2020
izospindle:

Advice is needed please

Telling him to fill a form is telling him that you have it but needed a commitment before giving him the money

How come he wants to borrow money to pay for his girlfriend school fees

What happens during registration and feeding, he will become a berger till she graduates

And then finally,, she will settle down with another man who didn't know the cross your friend carried for her

Is that the kind of friends you keep ❓

He didn't give you money to keep so you don't owe him, start withdrawing from him because you will be the one to finance both of them yet you Come out as an enemy

And stop giving people impression that you have money, learn to start complaining about money and they will stay away from you

Nonsense

2 Likes

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jan 23, 2020
Sarah20A:
it is men like you who sit at home and expect their women to feed them. Women are meant to assist men and not to be the bread winner .if you should do a research on this issue, you might be surprised at the result you might get.
if u can show me where it is written ,either in the bible,quran ,anywhere else i will transfer a token of 5k into ur account.
Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Pataricatering(f): 9:49pm On Jan 23, 2020
Do men think twice before fvcking anything they want despite sacrifices their girlfriend/ spouse makes ? What u people dish out u can’t take .
Davash222:

Me?? When I’m not mad.
I’m only vexed on stupidity of some men. Imagine borrowing money to pay for a girlfriend’s school fees. A girl that won’t think twice before fuccking his friend sef.
Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by LORDKing001: 10:25pm On Jan 23, 2020
Divinelady:
. How is he a bad friend? Cos he wants to help a friend who is in need?
Divine respect that name

1 Like

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by joinnow: 10:29pm On Jan 23, 2020
izospindle:

Advice is needed please

the strikethrough ........................... implies he wont pay back

1 Like

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Sarah20A(f): 10:32pm On Jan 23, 2020
25tolife:
if u can show me where it is written ,either in the bible,quran ,anywhere else i will transfer a token of 5k into ur account.
1st Timothy 5vs8,proverbs 31vs 28to 31,Titus 2vs 5,genesis 1vs 27.and please keep your 5k to yourself or for those who need it more than I do embarassed you 21st generational broke ass men wants women to be taking care of all your responsibilities and still want to eat your cakes and have it back.
Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by ADEWUMIMichael(m): 10:34pm On Jan 23, 2020
SouthSouth1914:
Borrow him what you can afford to loose!

Can you borrow me 9,500 sir?? It is very urgent like anything else, I'm ready to fill any form, i can send you proof sir

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Sex Starved Husband / My Father Disowned Me For Marrying A Disfigured Man { Photos } / Man Buys Brand New Benz For His Newborn Baby Girl (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.