Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,090 members, 7,835,665 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:12 PM

A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? (61219 Views)

I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? / Boy Fights With His Father In Abia For Not Giving Him Money For Food / My Wife Wants Me To Beg For Intercourse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Equal2DeTask(m): 1:50pm On Jan 23, 2020
virgoquin:
If the friend even has his own money and he wants to assist her I don't see any problem with it, but him going out to borrow money to fund her education is the height of foolishness and stupidity.

He type fit kill himself if the girl say she no wan do again cheesy cheesy

Now I know why some men dey kill thierself along with the girl they train for school if she wan try to leave the relationship. Imagine the sacrifices uncle must have made.

I have an uncle like that....
Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by drmikeadams(m): 1:53pm On Jan 23, 2020
Davash222:

Me?? When I’m not mad.
I’m only vexed on stupidity of some men. Imagine borrowing money to pay for a girlfriend’s school fees. A girl that won’t think twice before fuccking his friend sef.
grin grin I dey tell u some guys foolish

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jan 23, 2020
Sanchez01:

Sincerely, I don't expect him to pay up again. I moved past that episode already. I am quite active on WhatsApp and he sees my status updates regularly and the fact that I completely shut him out is enough. Fiancée is angry and she wants me to take the issue up as the money is weighty someone but I can't. The way I raged when we had a confrontation over what he owes made me realize most of those around me do so because I am non-challant about things.

The clown told another of our friend he was surprised I could ask for the money. Money you borrowed to finance/support your business o. And it wasn't like I owe him for an act or something he did. I doubt he has been beneficial before.

These days, I tell those around me who ask to lend them money that I wouldn't lend money to anyone. If you come to me hoping to lend 100k, I'll whole heartedly give you 10k. That way, I know I gave it rather than have my mind fixated on something that will ruin so many things later.

Same here. I'd rather give what I can afford than lend. The huge sums of money I lost before I learnt my lesson, eh.

Dumb people who don't repay don't seem to realise that funding a business with stolen money is a surefire way to ensure that the business never prospers.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jan 23, 2020
Davash222:
The foolish girl no get parents
You’re even a bad friend for trying to borrow your friend money to pay for a ‘girlfriend’ school fees.
Shame on you both!! You and your friend should use that money and buy sense!

Thank you brother. They're both stupid.
Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by maasoap(m): 1:55pm On Jan 23, 2020
We4all:

No, you're not wrong. But I have one question for you, and I need you to answer genuinely: If the tables were turned, and he asked the same of you, what would you make of it?

By the way, did you ask him to fill a form because you don't trust him to pay you back? Or were you concerned about his motive for requesting a loan from you? Either way, what he does with the money shouldn't be your problem as long as he can afford to pay you back.

Guy, life can be brutal, and no one knows what will happen in the next minute. So if I were you, I'd rather have my friend owe me one than the other way round. Just my two cents.

Not this kind of saving to begin with. Secondly, how will he be sure that he can repay the loan when he is not investing the money?
Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by tiwiex(m): 1:55pm On Jan 23, 2020
Anonymous29:
Borrow him 70k from your own savings? Some people are plain wicked. Let him keep malice but you keep your money!!!

Why didn't he just tell him he did not have. It will shock him that the guy sef get money we pass in savings. He is taking the piss and using this girl friend story to get money because he is aware of the money and knows how loyal his friend can be. Bleep him and keep ya money.

2 Likes

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Ebenezar2020(m): 1:55pm On Jan 23, 2020
affable4:
Borrow money to invest and not to throw away in whatever guise.

@OP izospindle if the money he's borrowing is a capital to invest on a business which will fetch him more income then I'd advise u lend him but since u stated plainly that it's for his girlfriend then there's no assurance he'll repay it.
Just don't give him else you'd regret it
Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Martinez39(m): 1:55pm On Jan 23, 2020
Your friend is a fool. He is borrowing and going into debt because of a girl. A girl that he isn't certain to end up with. A girl that is sleeping around and has many "options" (she will eventually end up with her best option financially).

Why must he be her financial messiah? She no get papa? Her mama no dey? She no fit hustle? Your friend is a fool. undecided

You should have dismissed him right away instead of attempting to give him the money under safe condition. Dismissing him is what he deserves.

6 Likes

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Sanchez01: 1:56pm On Jan 23, 2020
RisenPhoenix:

Same here. I'd rather give what I can afford than lend. The huge sums of money I lost before I learnt my lesson, eh.

Dumb people who don't repay don't seem to realise that funding a business with stolen money is a surefire way to ensure that the business never prospers.
On point, the emboldened! A case of hoping to add weight after eating a meal that is cursed.
Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by missimelda01(f): 1:57pm On Jan 23, 2020
You're smart ma'am
virgoquin:
One of the unspoken rules of life is that never you lend money to a friend or family member that you cannot afford to lose or that will cause you great financial discomfort

BTW sef, him collecting the money to pay for his girlfriend's education is not an investment that will yield financial return now so how is he planning to pay you back.

If he have intention of paying back then why Is he angry that you are going to document the transaction. Red flag!!

I pray my brothers will not be this foolîsh like your friend
Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Cchuks27(m): 1:58pm On Jan 23, 2020
Lenadiva:
YES!. Most people lend with evil intentions, not that they need the money but they do so in other to thwart the good plans one had 4 him/herself.

Baby girl you looking sharp. Permission to slide into your pm?
Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by doncollins84: 1:58pm On Jan 23, 2020
guy if you give him that money your name na sorry
Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by slaypapa: 1:59pm On Jan 23, 2020
Don't give him the money. Full stop!
Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Ebenezar2020(m): 1:59pm On Jan 23, 2020
stieyven:

He who calls another a fool shall be in danger of hell. Matthew 5 :22
mumu stop quoting bible passage ignorantly.
go and acquire education cos religion without senses makes u look stupir

1 Like

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by bluecircle470: 2:02pm On Jan 23, 2020
They should keep a close watch at that friend ooo because him go wan commit suicide sooner the girl go jilt am

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by SocialJustice: 2:03pm On Jan 23, 2020
izospindle:
A Friend Wanted Me To Lend Him Money I Told Him This. Am I Wrong?

So a friend of mine told me that his girlfriend is about to lose her admission, because school fee deadline is tomorrow. He asked me to lend him 70k.

I know how he loves this girl so I asked him to fill a form before I give him the money. Am I wrong for doing that?

He started saying a whole lot of things and has not spoken to me since. Note this is half of all my savings and I have a purpose for this particular fund just that the time has not come.

Advice is needed please
Let him go away. Loan to pay school fees. Country is hard, do not borrow any money except you can afford to lose it or have it repaid in pieces and a very long time.

That form you're even asking him to sign is no guaranty you will get your money back.
Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by overlord77: 2:06pm On Jan 23, 2020
virgoquin:
One of the unspoken rules of life is that never you lend money to a friend or family member that you cannot afford to lose or that will cause you great financial discomfort

BTW sef, him collecting the money to pay for his girlfriend's education is not an investment that will yield financial return now so how is he planning to pay you back.

If he have intention of paying back then why Is he angry that you are going to document the transaction. Red flag!!

Very eloquently and smartly said. Chop knuckle abeg. cool
Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Sirseedorf(m): 2:07pm On Jan 23, 2020
It's easy to borrow money but hard to return it.

People smile when receiving borrowed money, but turn it to fight when you ask them for the return.
My Guy, get sense.
Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by CyberWolf: 2:09pm On Jan 23, 2020
Immediately you mentioned to pay girlfriend school fees, my intestines turned. So some niggars still make this stupid mistake? Tell him to simply tell the girlfriend that he doesn’t have money to pay her school fees. If she loose the admission because of lack of funds, she should look for work, save up money and try again next year. Nonsense angry

3 Likes

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by DexterousOne(m): 2:11pm On Jan 23, 2020
jaxxy:

U have done nothing wrong. Why? Cos the galfrnd is will not even appreciate this great act of kindness once she gets to her 2nd level.

Most Women don’t appreciate nada. Unless ur giving it to him to give her as charity or for God sakes.

True sha

Women
Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by xavuv: 2:13pm On Jan 23, 2020
Huh! Which kind yeye form.

Let us change the question : should you borrow you friend money to pay his GF school fees?

See, it is easy to answer OP with a definite 'NO' but Pls i want us to understand the scenery at play here.

In the OP's case, now let us put on our school day's OT & advise him in that manner.

These guys in the narrative are still in school. We all know what is obtained therein as we take issues girlfriends/boyfriends too serious as if that's what our parents sent us there to do. Yes! We know It is wrong, but that is school life for you.

So there should be no surprises if a guy wants to pay his girlfriend school fees.

Now OP, this friend of yours, if he is a close/tight friend then please lend him IF you can. What he wants to do with the money should NOT SOLIDLY be your concern. That is what tight friends do - support each other, right?

If he's not a close friend then you can easily tell him you don't have instead of asking him to fill a stupid form. Or are you too living a fake life/doing BABA OLOWO in school? grin

______
Me wey i don leave school tey tey, gathered more life experiences, seen ups and downs and OP asks me that kind question then my first response without thinking will be NO just as many that responded here ( as in why should OP borrow his friend money just to pay girlfriend school fees). However, "NO" is a wrong answer.

izospindle:

So a friend of mine told me that his girlfriend is about to lose her admission, because school fee deadline is tomorrow. He asked me to lend him 70k.

I know how he loves this girl so I asked him to fill a form before I give him the money. Am I wrong for doing that?

He started saying a whole lot of things and has not spoken to me since. Note this is half of all my savings and I have a purpose for this particular fund just that the time has not come.

Advice is needed please
Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by munezo(m): 2:15pm On Jan 23, 2020
Nice one. My simple rule is exactly what your bold texts depicts. It settles it all.

virgoquin:

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by therajah: 2:16pm On Jan 23, 2020
izospindle:

Advice is needed please
You gave half of ur savings to some1 just by filling a form!!!!? At this time!!! You dint collect any collareral?? Abeg let him say watever!! That u even borrowed him at all he shld be grateful. He is not ready to pay back that money! If he doesnt talk to you, does it reduce ur account balance? Or does talking with him increases your account balance? If that kind of person 'unfriends' you, God has started answering your 2020 prayers to take away your problems'. You have done the wise thing! I shld have done same in the past. I lost 100s of thousand cos i dint ask pple to fill forms!
Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jan 23, 2020
Temiemmanuel:
It may sound funny, but I see nothing bad in lending a friend that amount for the said reason.

Then send him the money to borrow his friend.

1 Like

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jan 23, 2020
To be broke is a really bad thing
Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by captainking(m): 2:26pm On Jan 23, 2020
You did not.. But next time.. You don't have money.. That should be your response.. Gorrit? If it's for health.. Or something life threatening.. You can borrow..
Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jan 23, 2020
What is the meaning of a girlfriend please??

100L fresher don't have parent to pay her school fees??
Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by redpencil: 2:30pm On Jan 23, 2020
stubbornman:
You are a wise person.... I love that, nah tight pussy dey worry the guy for now, him eye never clear ,maybe nah JARUMA SAUCE the girl use cook yam for am.

If nah me nah after him sign , we go follow go high court go swear affidavit before we go police go sign final agreement with two SARS officers as witness .... Some people no good to borrow money at all..... So if you must borrow them make dem feel the heat
Stubborn man. I hail ooo

1 Like

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jan 23, 2020
imiski:
"Richest Man in Babylon". Best book on wealth ever written.
Noted cool
Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by iso604: 2:31pm On Jan 23, 2020
Davash222:
The foolish girl no get parents
You’re even a bad friend for trying to borrow your friend money to pay for a ‘girlfriend’ school fees.
Shame on you both!! You and your friend should use that money and buy sense!
But the money nor go reach to buy sense
Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by avast01(m): 2:32pm On Jan 23, 2020
your friend is just trying to be smart

borrowing money to fund a shakily flimsy relationship

its a win win for him cos he doesn't have to pay you back, even with your form.
Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by sulaak(m): 2:32pm On Jan 23, 2020
izospindle:

Advice is needed please

You have done the right thing. Friends will normally exploit your relation and refuse to pay back the money.

In future, just say you haven't got the money.

I have four former friends that own me thousand of dollars, there will never be a fifth borrowing friend.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

3 Nice Girls. What Do I Do? / Sex Starved Husband / My Father Disowned Me For Marrying A Disfigured Man { Photos }

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.