Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,145 members, 7,835,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:35 PM

A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? (61221 Views)

I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? / Boy Fights With His Father In Abia For Not Giving Him Money For Food / My Wife Wants Me To Beg For Intercourse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Born2Breed(f): 1:15pm On Jan 23, 2020
izospindle:
A Friend Wanted Me To Lend Him Money I Told Him This. Am I Wrong?

So a friend of mine told me that his girlfriend is about to lose her admission, because school fee deadline is tomorrow. He asked me to lend him 70k.

I know how he loves this girl so I asked him to fill a form before I give him the money. Am I wrong for doing that?

He started saying a whole lot of things and has not spoken to me since. Note this is half of all my savings and I have a purpose for this particular fund just that the time has not come.

Advice is needed please

You did well. Don't feel bad about it. That friend had no intention of paying back.

I'm talking from experience, I don see akpokor na pepper oh.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jan 23, 2020
YOU DID NOTHING WRONG. IF HE CANNOT APPRECIATE YOUR WILLINGNESS TO HELP THEN SO BE IT. SECONDLY, DON'T GIVE YOUR HARD EARNED
SAVINGS TO ANYONE NO MATTER WHAT. YOU CAN'T TAKE DECISIONS BASED ON EMOTIONS.

2 Likes

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jan 23, 2020
Divinelady:
. How is he a bad friend? Cos he wants to help a friend who is in need?

How is the friend in need? Paying a girl's school fees is a need?

He's a bad friend because he did not discourage his friend from borrowing money for such foolishness.

@op. Even if he signs 10 forms don't lend him any money for such nonsense. Obviously he's a financially reckless simp and such people are never allowed by their girlfriends to get enough money for themselves talkless of repaying debt. What will you even do with the form? Carry him to court and spend the other half of your savings on police and lawyers? Lol.

If this leads to a break up of your friendship, so be it. You're better off away from such people.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Jabioro: 1:16pm On Jan 23, 2020
Cash both of them...
Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by valentineuwakwe(m): 1:17pm On Jan 23, 2020
want of if na arrangee? you better dismiss him and damm him if he still refuses to talk to you....odrinary girlfriend school fees, the girl no get parents or relatives.

1 Like

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Sanchez01: 1:18pm On Jan 23, 2020
We4all:

You had that experience because you were buoyant enough to lend a hand. My take is, what happens when the table is turned and you become the one in need? Won't you go to your friends or family members for help?

I am not justifying any act of irresponsibility, but I am experienced enough to know that situations can change any minute, and we can end up at the bottomless pit. And the only ones who may bail us out are the people we know.

Plus, it is easy to castigate others until we find ourselves in the same situation. When we have a good life, it is easy to have a set of rules, and expect people to obey them.

When you are very BROKE without a dime, and you tell me that no one should lend money (that he can't afford to lose) to his friends and family members, then I'll take you seriously.
You're missing the point. I wouldn't ask anyone to lend me a sum they can't part with, not because I wouldn't be able to pay them back but because I wouldn't do so. It's simple. It's the golden rule and that's all that matters.

If I had brought the tale here then and sought counsel, I'm sure you'd have advised to be the help and save the day. It is over a year now and the clown has been sending repeated new year messages on WhatsApp. Someone who clearly told me to my face that I could do what I wanted because he doesn't have my money and he wouldn't kill himself. This is someone who used all of my debit cards when he wanted and would even ask him whether or not he needed to borrow to support his business.

I have learnt the hard way and I know for a fact that emotions won't move a hair on me again.

THE POINT HERE IS WHETHER OR NOT TO LEND SOMEONE A SUM YOU CAN'T AFFORD TO PART WITH. I CAN'T. NO SANE HUMAN SHOULD DO IT!

7 Likes

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jan 23, 2020
We4all:

You had that experience because you were buoyant enough to lend a hand. My take is, what happens when the table is turned and you become the one in need? Won't you go to your friends or family members for help?

I am not justifying any act of irresponsibility, but I am experienced enough to know that situations can change any minute, and we can end up at the bottomless pit. And the only ones who may bail us out are the people we know.

Plus, it is easy to castigate others until we find ourselves in the same situation. When we have a good life, it is easy to have a set of rules, and expect people to obey them.

When you are very BROKE without a dime, and you tell me that no one should lend money (that he can't afford to lose) to his friends and family members, then I'll take you seriously.

Jeremiah 17:5a Thus says the Lord: "Cursed is the man who trusts in man

Family member o, friend o, anybody o. I will only lend money to whom my heart accepts. Because if you are telling yourself, if I do this, perhaps in the future they will help me. The disappointment you will face eh!

9 Likes

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by noble71(m): 1:20pm On Jan 23, 2020
tstx:
Borrow someone 70k to invest in a relationship when I am not mad... Baba I no get cash right now.. All my money dey bitcoins..

If I'm borrowing a friend that amount I must be sure that he is putting it in his business.
boss I laughed out loud when In see this your comment. na my favorite line be that grin grin grin grin grin grin "All my money de Bitcoin I'm out of cash presently' grin grin grin.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Longman180(m): 1:21pm On Jan 23, 2020
Davash222:
The foolish girl no get parents
You’re even a bad friend for trying to borrow your friend money to pay for a ‘girlfriend’ school fees.
Shame on you both!! You and your friend should use that money and buy sense!
correct guy.i hail

1 Like

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Longman180(m): 1:21pm On Jan 23, 2020
Davash222:
The foolish girl no get parents
You’re even a bad friend for trying to borrow your friend money to pay for a ‘girlfriend’ school fees.
Shame on you both!! You and your friend should use that money and buy sense!

2 Likes

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Dreyl(m): 1:21pm On Jan 23, 2020
Highest form of stupidity

1 Like

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Emmaoj44: 1:24pm On Jan 23, 2020
you no try at allll
Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by seangy4konji: 1:24pm On Jan 23, 2020
I can lend my nigga moneybifbits for his own personal purpose only.....but for a girls school fees or admission......

I am sure ur nigga is notbthw only one hitting that puzzay.
.let him get sense and telk that howbto go meet her parents or family or other side niggaz.....

She can as well join in message and hunt for dixks for the next one month non stop..

Hoes

3 Likes

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Afodot0022(m): 1:24pm On Jan 23, 2020
I can see this ur friend deserve hot slap for he brain to reboot back to normalcy. wtf will he want to do that. Girl that is not even guarantee he will marry after school. Girls like dat will later dump the guy, and out of frustration your guy will refuse to pay you back the money, and by then, you that didn't have sense will commit suicide for borrowing him the money. Op lay your two hands on your head and say to your brain. Brain ji masu.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by famzynet: 1:24pm On Jan 23, 2020
Don't give him the money. A serious friend who would pay will not mind signing anything and will be happy you agreed giving him the money. My money entered voice mail in same way since last year for someone I thought is a friend.

Don't give him even if he comes back to sign the form. Tell him family issues took the money.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by AlwaysPositive: 1:25pm On Jan 23, 2020
These days, I analyze an individual's capacity and character before I lend..... Maka had I known...

Even when I borrow to my gf, I ensure she pays when due.

1 Like

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by donMIG(m): 1:26pm On Jan 23, 2020
My guy snitching b d way oo!
Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Bimpe29: 1:26pm On Jan 23, 2020
You're absolutely right and correct.
The longest verse in the Holy Qur'an centres on what you are trying to do.
Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by NEROSKY(m): 1:27pm On Jan 23, 2020
virgoquin:
One of the unspoken rules of life is that never you lend money to a friend or family member that you cannot afford to lose or that will cause you great financial discomfort

BTW sef, him collecting the money to pay for his girlfriend's education is not an investment that will yield financial return now so how is he planning to pay you back.

If he have intention of paying back then why Is he angry that you are going to document the transaction. Red flag!!

I pray my brothers will not be this foolîsh like your friend
Amen oo
Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jan 23, 2020
We4all:

never you lend money to a friend or family member that you cannot afford to lose or that will cause you great financial discomfort

And never you ask for a loan from a friend or family member when your condition becomes critical and the future looks bleak. When you become broke and in need of cash, approach a stranger then.

By the way, if you really can afford to lose the money, then why lend it? Why don't you just assist selflessly?

Do you think those who end up committing suicide because they couldn't afford to pay their debts, do it for the fun of it?

While there are bad debtors, there are those who genuinely cannot afford to pay back due to uncontrolled circumstances. And it is only human to write off such debts.

Heed advice, you no go gree.
Amona, omode ni oun se oo.
Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jan 23, 2020
Sanchez01:

You're missing the point. I wouldn't ask anyone to lend me a sum they can't part with, not because I wouldn't be able to pay them back but because I wouldn't do so. It's simple. It's the golden rule and that's all that count.

If I had brought the tale here then and sought counsel, I'm sure you'd have advised to be the help and save the day. It is over a year now and the clown has been sending repeated new year messages on WhatsApp. Someone who clearly told me to my face that I could do what I wanted because he doesn't have my money and he wouldn't kill himself. This is someone who used all of my debit cards when he wanted and would even ask him whether or not he needed to borrow to support his business.

I have learnt the hard way and I know for a fact that emotions won't move a hair on me again.

THE POINT HERE IS WHETHER OR NOT TO LEND SOMEONE A SUM YOU CAN'T AFFORD TO PART WITH. I CAN'T. NO SANE HUMAN SHOULD DO IT!
Why you nor arrest am lock am up for cell grin he go sign agreement with police. That money must comot. Imagine the effortery of his words..
Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Unrated900(m): 1:28pm On Jan 23, 2020
Lol you want to borrow your friend money to pay for a guy woman admission fees
Both of you no get sense.
I pray you receive senses come 2021 senseless people.

4 Likes

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Olumeme: 1:28pm On Jan 23, 2020
You are about to be scammed through your friend.
Borrow them at your own risk.

4 Likes

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by vincentjk(m): 1:28pm On Jan 23, 2020
Don't lend him any money cos he won't pay back. About 2years ago I lent a very very close friend 3k and since then he has been avoiding me

He avoided me so much that when I lost my dad he didn't even come to pay me condolence talk more of coming for burial lols... Saw him last month and we greeted, he thought I'd ask him about the 3k but I didn't, allowed him bury his head in shame while i drove past him quietly

After this experience I stopped lending my friends money rather I support them with what i can when they've a problem and they thank me so well

5 Likes

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Ageco(m): 1:29pm On Jan 23, 2020
I'm afraid! This may ruin your friendship if he can't pay when you want it back. By the way, does he have a genuine means of making income? If yes, you can give him& if no. you know the answer. Don't!
Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jan 23, 2020
Don't even try it! Lending a friend or family members money is very dangerous and unhealthy. They recieved these borrowed stuff with a smile but ask them to pay back then you becomes a bad person. I have lost a whole lot of money to such people.

4 Likes

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jan 23, 2020
izospindle:
A Friend Wanted Me To Lend Him Money I Told Him This. Am I Wrong?

So a friend of mine told me that his girlfriend is about to lose her admission, because school fee deadline is tomorrow. He asked me to lend him 70k.

I know how he loves this girl so I asked him to fill a form before I give him the money. Am I wrong for doing that?

He started saying a whole lot of things and has not spoken to me since. Note this is half of all my savings and I have a purpose for this particular fund just that the time has not come.

Advice is needed please
Guy keep your funds. If he couldn't sign your documents freely he is out to dupe you.

3 Likes

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by omotoyossi(m): 1:32pm On Jan 23, 2020
Abeg u are correct o.. I don't even support u lending him sef. He WILL NOT return it,we can bet. Part with that money and lose it. Be warned. A girl that can't even be trusted when she enters d school,lol.. Your friend is a dunce!

2 Likes

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Bombastically00(m): 1:32pm On Jan 23, 2020
U want to lend a friend ur hard earned money to sponsor his gf... To fall in love dey charming but na breakup go end am las las...

2 Likes

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Sanchez01: 1:33pm On Jan 23, 2020
dumo1:

Why you nor arrest am lock am up for cell grin he go sign agreement with police. That money must comot. Imagine the effortery of his words..
He's too close a friend. Took him as the brother I never had. The whole thing came with one huge blend of shock and disbelief.

As much as I don't have the strength for wàhálà, I figured he preyed on my goodwill and I just couldn't get the police involved because the issue got to someone I respect deeply. Sadly, I was talked out of pushing for the money; that he'd pay on his own if he has sense. Maybe he'll pay tomorrow, I can't tell.

2 Likes

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jan 23, 2020
Lenadiva:
Don't even try it! Lending a friend or family members money is very dangerous and unhealthy. They recieved these borrowed stuff with a smile but ask them to pay back then you becomes a bad person. I have lost a whole lot of money to such people.

Same here. I have noticed that Nigerians in general don't repay loans unless they are forced to. I will never loan out money ever ever again.

Sanchez01:

He's too close a friend. Took him as the brother I never had. The whole thing came with one huge blend of shock and disbelief.

As much as I don't have the strength for wàhálà, I figured he preyed on my goodwill and I just couldn't get the police involved because the issue got to someone I respect deeply. Sadly, I was talked out of pushing for the money; that he'd pay on his own if he has sense. Maybe he'll pay tomorrow, I can't tell.

Hah. He'll pay in your dreams. I have people whom I see regularly, owing me money for over 10 years. They don't even act as if they owe me money. I don't bear grudges sha, but they know; because I have told them korokoro; that even if I see them writhing on the floor dying in hunger pains, I will not help them with shishi.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Sex Starved Husband / My Father Disowned Me For Marrying A Disfigured Man { Photos } / Man Buys Brand New Benz For His Newborn Baby Girl (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.