Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,230 members, 7,836,108 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:52 PM

A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? (61227 Views)

I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? / Boy Fights With His Father In Abia For Not Giving Him Money For Food / My Wife Wants Me To Beg For Intercourse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by hebronwebs(m): 2:34pm On Jan 23, 2020
From what you wrote it's clear your friend is working since you requested he fill out some documents for the loan to that effect, if your friend is working what stops him from getting and overdraft from his bank to pay back month end.
Also wasn't this friend of yours aware of the fees before now while wait till the deadline

And for him to be upset and angry because you to him to do the needful makes his request for the loan abit suspicious

Finally the friend and the girl in question don't they have relatives and friends too to ask for this money be very careful hummmm the way 2020 as started is no room for wasters of destiny around you not even this type of friend

2 Likes

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by xavuv: 2:35pm On Jan 23, 2020
CyberWolf:
Immediately you mentioned to pay girlfriend school fees, my intestines turned. So some niggars still make this stupid mistake? Tell him to simply tell the girlfriend that he doesn’t have money to pay her school fees. If she loose the admission because of lack of funds, she should look for work, save up money and try again next year. Nonsense angry

Very cold!
Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jan 23, 2020
Remix10:
That's the best for you, a friend I borrowed 50k for his business to pay me in a week time is still owing me, its a year and 6 months now. Anytime I ask for my money he will say am insulting him because of a lean bar, bro I don see something, so anything you can do to safeguard your hard-earned money. please do and never look back unless you want stories. Friends ain't loyal just likes hoes.
Insulting him grin shocked shocked shocked

He is mad!!!

1 Like

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jan 23, 2020
RisenPhoenix:

How is the friend in need? Paying a girl's school fees is a need?

He's a bad friend because he did not discourage his friend from borrowing money for such foolishness.

@op. Even if he signs 10 forms don't lend him any money for such nonsense. Obviously he's a financially reckless simp and such people are never allowed by their girlfriends to get enough money for themselves talkless of repaying debt. What will you even do with the form? Carry him to court and spend the other half of your savings on police and lawyers? Lol.

If this leads to a break up of your friendship, so be it. You're better off away from such people.
Amen
Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by ridbell01(m): 2:38pm On Jan 23, 2020
izospindle:

She has Mon and elder sister don't know about the dad
guy if the niggar can't sign the document they should go and collect loan from bank

1 Like

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by IMASTEX: 2:38pm On Jan 23, 2020
virgoquin:
One of the unspoken rules of life is that never you lend money to a friend or family member that you cannot afford to lose or that will cause you great financial discomfort

BTW sef, him collecting the money to pay for his girlfriend's education is not an investment that will yield financial return now so how is he planning to pay you back.

If he have intention of paying back then why Is he angry that you are going to document the transaction. Red flag!!

I pray my brothers will not be this foolîsh like your friend
Very sensible analogy. He wants to brake all the rules.
Just this month, I borrowed a friend to assist his uncle. I am such of the cash return but I caution him of borrowing to help others. Especially, when he gave all he had and more was still requested from him, that is unnecessarily putting himself in debt. Even while the person would always see him as a bank without knowing the origin.
I did paid school fees for lady, though I didn't consider it as an investment but an assistance no matter the outcome. Even though I was certain of her loyalty.

1 Like

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by jamesgran02: 2:38pm On Jan 23, 2020
You did the right thing bro.I was in the same shoes back in 2010.a friend came to me complaining about house rent which i knew he almost finished his house so i asked him how much needed to complete the house,he said 500k which i gave to him not lending oo.i gave it to him with all my heart.then a week later,he came asking me he needed some money to put in his account so he could print the statement for embassy purposes.he asked for a loan of 400k.i wanted to draft an agreement but later thought he might get angry so i gave him the money cash because transfer wasnt rampant then.a week later he asked for another 80k that he would deduct all the money for me after 3 weeks the embassy would have confirmed the statement and i gave it to him.up until now,i havent gotten my money.all he kept saying was he would pay.i reported to his family,later they all said they couldnt do anything.
This is 2020,10 years later and not a dime from my money is collected.

so bro,if he doesn't agree to your terms then he is a thief and not ready to return your money.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jan 23, 2020
Sanchez01:

You're missing the point. I wouldn't ask anyone to lend me a sum they can't part with, not because I wouldn't be able to pay them back but because I wouldn't do so. It's simple. It's the golden rule and that's all that matters.

If I had brought the tale here then and sought counsel, I'm sure you'd have advised to be the help and save the day. It is over a year now and the clown has been sending repeated new year messages on WhatsApp. Someone who clearly told me to my face that I could do what I wanted because he doesn't have my money and he wouldn't kill himself. This is someone who used all of my debit cards when he wanted and would even ask him whether or not he needed to borrow to support his business.

I have learnt the hard way and I know for a fact that emotions won't move a hair on me again.

THE POINT HERE IS WHETHER OR NOT TO LEND SOMEONE A SUM YOU CAN'T AFFORD TO PART WITH. I CAN'T. NO SANE HUMAN SHOULD DO IT!
Before n ko!!!

Bros don't overtalk!!!

You don't owe anyone your hard earned money!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Ileri2020: 2:39pm On Jan 23, 2020
I think one should not lend money you can't forget and leave for the person. As he asked for 70k give him 3-5k u can afford to dash him, if all the people he knows gives him that he will get more than 70k.

1 Like

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jan 23, 2020
vincentjk:
Don't lend him any money cos he won't pay back. About 2years ago I lent a very very close friend 3k and since then he has been avoiding me

He avoided me so much that when I lost my dad he didn't even come to pay me condolence talk more of coming for burial lols... Saw him last month and we greeted, he thought I'd ask him about the 3k but I didn't, allowed him bury his head in shame while i drove past him quietly

After this experience I stopped lending my friends money rather I support them with what i can when they've a problem and they thank me so well
3K shocked shocked
CC: Stupidity

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jan 23, 2020
Ordinary 70K, you can't give your friend to pay for his love subscription grin grin grin grin
Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jan 23, 2020
jamesgran02:
You did the right thing bro.I was in the same shoes back in 2010.a friend came to me complaining about house rent which i knew he almost finished his house so i asked him how much needed to complete the house,he said 500k which i gave to him not lending oo.i gave it to him with all my heart.then a week later,he came asking me he needed some money to put in his account so he could print the statement for embassy purposes.he asked for a loan of 400k.i wanted to draft an agreement but later thought he might get angry so i gave him the money cash because transfer wasnt rampant then.a week later he asked for another 80k that he would deduct all the money for me after 3 weeks the embassy would have confirmed the statement and i gave it to him.up until now,i havent gotten my money.all he kept saying was he would pay.i reported to his family,later they all said they couldnt do anything.

so bro,if he doesn't agree to your terms then he is a thief and not ready to return your money.
This one is very strong!!!

Imagine the value of 900K in 2010 shocked shocked shocked

3 Likes

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Sarah20A(f): 2:49pm On Jan 23, 2020
Davash222:

Me?? When I’m not mad.
I’m only vexed on stupidity of some men. Imagine borrowing money to pay for a girlfriend’s school fees. A girl that won’t think twice before fuccking his friend sef.
please stop talking as if you know it all embarasseddo you if that girl would have done same for him?do you know how much we ladies spend on guys in their time of need?do you know how many ladies have brought out money for their guys school fees,business, house rents ,etc?do you even know how many women are behind their guys and husband success?you should have asked this guy why he asked his friend to fill a form? undecided

1 Like

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by akmath: 2:50pm On Jan 23, 2020
C O what is the name of your union?
Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Russi: 2:53pm On Jan 23, 2020
My Name is LOVE DOCTOR!

First, I have the experience and i just paid for entrance exam for a lady and i keep thinking... what will she do about the entrance fees, books, clothes, hostels, and notes etc etc?? How will she feed daily??

Secondly, Did he explain the relationship to you? ...If he introduced her as gf, then... I AAGREE ANYTHING GOOD CAN HAPPEN BUT LOL!

Thirdly, What is your friends source of income and is this just a coincidence that he has no cash??

Fourthly, Whats the history of yoru relationship...is he someone that you both do this sort of thing??

Fifth, MAn this might only be a crush, or worse still this your Life Savings may give him a few weeks of banging the freshite as she will be soooo grateful.

Essentially you might be buying your friend a good time and bearing ALL the untold risks in an unpredictable relationship..

If she gets to know you are the true hero she may come loooking to thank you sha

FINALLY, As a good fried the first thing would have been to sit him down and listen to the real story, is he okay? is he lovestruck? is he only trying to assist a sista?

BE HUMAN
BE INTELLIGENT!

2 Likes

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jan 23, 2020
izospindle:
A Friend Wanted Me To Lend Him Money I Told Him This. Am I Wrong?

So a friend of mine told me that his girlfriend is about to lose her admission, because school fee deadline is tomorrow. He asked me to lend him 70k.

I know how he loves this girl so I asked him to fill a form before I give him the money. Am I wrong for doing that?

He started saying a whole lot of things and has not spoken to me since. Note this is half of all my savings and I have a purpose for this particular fund just that the time has not come.

Advice is needed please
first of all u try 4 dat amount but at a time bah ,70k no beans oo.i swear that guy no go pay u back and even if e does.him go scatter the money 4 ur hand considering say na stupid investment because him by himself no go see wetin him use d money do.ASK URSELF,WHAT IF THE GIRL BREAK HIM HEART? .as i dey so i know all my friends well,i would say u borrow him half with strong agreement.
Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Manero(m): 2:55pm On Jan 23, 2020
He want to sponsor a girl to skool. By the time the girl finish, she go understand. Learn from ppl experienceeeeeeeeeee.

#Perruzi
Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jan 23, 2020
eni4real:
3K shocked shocked CC: Stupidity
ahbeg why u insult am?
Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Mummyimbecile(m): 2:57pm On Jan 23, 2020
Davash222:

That uncle is well packaged fool!

70k wey e suppose use buy 3 weeks old Broilers dey train, na em e wan use dey train one local fowl for school.
lol....this one carry voltage pass High Tension
Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Shollay20(m): 2:58pm On Jan 23, 2020
I BROW SOMEONE 20,000 BEFORE HE GIVE IT BACK TO ME, I INVOLVE ELDERS, HE SWITCH IS PHONE OFF HUMAN BEIGN WICKED EHN, STILL HE OWE 2000, MY ADVISE NEVER LEND AMOUNT YOU CANNOT AVOID TO LOSE. Lending is a game of risk.

1 Like

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by noble71(m): 2:58pm On Jan 23, 2020
Emperor4tune:
if ur friend is a strong business type & u know his husstle can generate over 150k in a month or less than 2 month,then i see no big deal in lending him 70k,paying for his girlfriend school fee is no big deal,not all women are betrayers,they may have a deep secret & plans you may not no,dont be suprised if the guy ends up marrying the girl,there are still true lovers & true friends on earth,but the wickedness in the heart of most people has made it quite difficult for one to trust another.
my brother you are still speaking in parables you never see anything yet. which mumu love go make me borrow money for my girlfriend? they never born the babe. my babe broke up with me this December cus I refused to give her 100k for Christmas shopping, i no even send am sef.

2 Likes

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Aladdin1(m): 2:58pm On Jan 23, 2020
Your friend is angry with you simply becos he has no intention of paying you back the money.am afraid you would hardly get back your money becos he may not pay you back.i dont think you did wrong but you should have simply told him that you do not have such money.becos paying a girlfriends school fee does not warrant ur friend disturbing you for. becos both of you are not the ones who sent her to school.

1 Like

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jan 23, 2020
25tolife:
ahbeg why u insult am?
I was calling out moniker known as 'stupidity' to come and see
Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Homguy(m): 3:00pm On Jan 23, 2020
izospindle:

So a friend of mine told me that his girlfriend is about to lose her admission, because school fee deadline is tomorrow. He asked me to lend him 70k.

I know how he loves this girl so I asked him to fill a form before I give him the money. Am I wrong for doing that?

He started saying a whole lot of things and has not spoken to me since. Note this is half of all my savings and I have a purpose for this particular fund just that the time has not come.

Advice is needed please
So if the girl breaks up with him before he pays you back your money, do you think he'll still pay you? Nah!
It becomes your loss
Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jan 23, 2020
jamesgran02:

Did the guy eventually travel out of the country?
Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jan 23, 2020
Sarah20A:
please stop talking as if you know it all embarasseddo you if that girl would have done same for him?do you know how much we ladies spend on guys in their time of need?do you know how many ladies have brought out money for their guys school fees,business, house rents ,etc?do you even know how many women are behind their guys and husband success?you should have asked this guy why he asked his friend to fill a form? undecided
Aunty,only 1% of female spend on their partner and am very sure you are not among.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Shollay20(m): 3:08pm On Jan 23, 2020
FRIEND: my guy please lend me 10k

ME: 10k for what?

FRIEND: I want to use it for something important.

ME: Na 1k i get, even i want to use it for something, when are you returning it back?

FRIEND: I NO NEED AM AGAIN, IT'S NOT UP TO WHAT I NEED OR WHAT I REQUESTED FOR THANK.

ME: THIS IS 2020 BE WISE.

1 Like

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Hwy95: 3:09pm On Jan 23, 2020
izospindle:

Advice is needed please

BRO, YOU did the Right Thing.
Your friendship would DEFINITELY still have been broken.
It's his girl friend, Can't she get money from her parents, family or friends.
What happens if they break up or he catches her cheating ? Would you still be paid back.
You for lend am the money, he will start to dodge you, give you stories and your friendship would vapourize and descend to insults and more.
Please have No Regrets with your decision. MOVE ON.
...hopefully if na true friend he will understand
Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by LINTUNE(m): 3:10pm On Jan 23, 2020
Divinelady:
. How is he a bad friend? Cos he wants to help a friend who is in need?
cos he can't advise his friend,..tell me ,can u borrow ur brother such amount of money,to pay his gf school fees,knowing fully well what that money can do to ur broke brother's life angry
Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jan 23, 2020
By the way @op, read and learn what happens to lenders and loan guarantors...

https://www.nairaland.com/5647370/released-house-document-cousin-obtain

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Sex Starved Husband / My Father Disowned Me For Marrying A Disfigured Man { Photos } / Man Buys Brand New Benz For His Newborn Baby Girl (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.