Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,039 members, 7,838,601 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:21 AM

Beyonce Buys $2m Bugatti Veyron Birthday Present For Husband Jay-z - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Beyonce Buys $2m Bugatti Veyron Birthday Present For Husband Jay-z (26387 Views)

Beyonce Posts Pictures From Boozy Date Night With Husband Jay-z / Beyonce Buys Jayz A $3million Watch For His B'day. / EME Crew Plans Christmas Present For Their Fans. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beyonce Buys $2m Bugatti Veyron Birthday Present For Husband Jay-z by buzugee(m): 11:29pm On Dec 11, 2010
apoti:

ok then, you too should sell your car or bike whichever one you ride and donate to starving children, because "much has been given to u" and let's if that would put an end to poverty.
I do it all the time. i feed the homeless almost every other day. it is my duty as a human being not to turn down anyone who asks me for money to eat and i have to tell you that i do an almost perfect job of holding up my end of the bargain. it is because of your kind of mindset that poverty exists in the world in the first place. if everybody took their own share, then poverty will be eradicated. poverty is not God made. It is man-made. man induced by the spirit of darkness called greed.
Re: Beyonce Buys $2m Bugatti Veyron Birthday Present For Husband Jay-z by gerona: 11:33pm On Dec 11, 2010
@Slap 1- operating from a bad belle position will not get you anywhere. Rejoice with those who are successful so u can be better than them.

How can u be talking about a coffin for a birthday gift just because Jay-Z is 41?
Re: Beyonce Buys $2m Bugatti Veyron Birthday Present For Husband Jay-z by slymm(f): 12:22am On Dec 12, 2010
@babsmii, are you sure all is well with your understanding?? I worry for you.
Re: Beyonce Buys $2m Bugatti Veyron Birthday Present For Husband Jay-z by Nobody: 12:24am On Dec 12, 2010
This love is sweet o! Hope the take take naija girls can learn a lesson from this.
Re: Beyonce Buys $2m Bugatti Veyron Birthday Present For Husband Jay-z by slymm(f): 12:41am On Dec 12, 2010
and for those of you getting angry over a car a woman bought for her husband, why dont you just stop. He can have an accident and die the next minute, so what? Do you not know that you that treks the entire lagos can be hit by a car and pronounced dead too Stop trying to tell the super rich how to spend their money and insisting on it being vanity. The only reason you are nagging and ranting is because you do not have the money to spend. Na wa oh. Somer1 can not spend her own money again without the annoying 'all luxury is vanity' card being drawn by certain people.
Re: Beyonce Buys $2m Bugatti Veyron Birthday Present For Husband Jay-z by leuelliot(m): 12:52am On Dec 12, 2010
Good for him!
Re: Beyonce Buys $2m Bugatti Veyron Birthday Present For Husband Jay-z by Tattooboy: 1:02am On Dec 12, 2010
Nice one Queen Bee
Re: Beyonce Buys $2m Bugatti Veyron Birthday Present For Husband Jay-z by Beync(f): 1:13am On Dec 12, 2010
Gosh! is not ur buz wat i buy for my huby embarassed live ur life wink
Re: Beyonce Buys $2m Bugatti Veyron Birthday Present For Husband Jay-z by roymary: 2:18am On Dec 12, 2010
Boys are not Smiling!!! Nigerian women don hear am for una hand. grin
Re: Beyonce Buys $2m Bugatti Veyron Birthday Present For Husband Jay-z by jmaine: 3:12am On Dec 12, 2010
Beyonce try no be small, Chai. . .

Sha make we talk true no matter how Naija babe rich reach ,don't even dream of having such a car. Even  for dream sef, them no fit dash you. An average Naija babe in short black girl get good investment acumen, She gives you =N=1.00 and you reciprocate with =N= 10.00 and bois still dey feel say dem babes dull. Make una wait see how JAY Z go revenge with him gift,
Re: Beyonce Buys $2m Bugatti Veyron Birthday Present For Husband Jay-z by Tolulop001(f): 6:06am On Dec 12, 2010
if i had a chance to do this for ma hubby i would. tongue

p.s im a Nigerian gal . . .
Re: Beyonce Buys $2m Bugatti Veyron Birthday Present For Husband Jay-z by freecocoa(f): 6:13am On Dec 12, 2010
Pretty nice gift,she's got the dough,if i'm dat wealthy,i'll buy more dan that for me hussy.
Re: Beyonce Buys $2m Bugatti Veyron Birthday Present For Husband Jay-z by slap1(m): 6:45am On Dec 12, 2010
gerona:

@Slap 1- operating from a bad belle position will not get you anywhere. Rejoice with those who are successful so u can be better than them.

How can u be talking about a coffin for a birthday gift just because Jay-Z is 41?
Did you use your sense of humour as a collateral?
Re: Beyonce Buys $2m Bugatti Veyron Birthday Present For Husband Jay-z by webplay: 6:46am On Dec 12, 2010
, some boys broke, but we na Billy Gates, grin grin grin
Re: Beyonce Buys $2m Bugatti Veyron Birthday Present For Husband Jay-z by Neoluv(m): 6:55am On Dec 12, 2010
Thank God, now birdman would let us hear word, he even tattoed bugatti on his face, weirdo!
Re: Beyonce Buys $2m Bugatti Veyron Birthday Present For Husband Jay-z by kabukabu50(m): 7:27am On Dec 12, 2010
There is no way on earth that it costs $10,000 to build a Veyron, someone has be smoking that stuff.they actually lose money on every single one built grin grin grin grin grin.

Its got 10 radiators,one-off tires that are specially made for the car, that wear out in minutes at top speed,loads of carbon fiber(the most expensive material that you can use in any car), and brakes that can only be changed in Germany at $30k.

The Veyron's quad-turbocharged W16 engineThe Veyron features an 8.0 litre W16 engine with sixteen cylinders in four banks of four, equivalent to two narrow-angle V8 engines mated in a W configuration. Each cylinder has four valves for a total of sixty four, but the narrow staggered eight configuration allows two overhead camshafts to drive two banks of cylinders so only four camshafts are needed. The engine is fed by four turbochargers and displaces 7,993 cubic centimetres (487.8 cu in), with a square 86 by 86 mm (3.4 by 3.4 in) bore and stroke.

Bugatti Veyron Grand Sport

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The transmission is a dual-clutch direct-shift gearbox computer-controlled automatic with seven gear ratios, with magnesium paddles behind the steering wheel and a shift time of less than 150 milliseconds, by Ricardo of England rather than Borg-Warner, who designed the six speed DSG used in the mainstream Volkswagen Group marques. The Veyron can be driven in either semi- or fully-automatic mode. A replacement transmission for the Veyron costs just over $120,000. It also has permanent four wheel drive using the Haldex Traction system. It uses special Michelin PAX run flat tires, designed specifically to accommodate the Veyron's top speed, which reportedly cost $25,000 US per set.[6] The tires can be removed from the rims only in France, a service which reportedly costs $70,000. Curb weight is 2,034.8 kilograms (4,486 lb).[6] This gives the car a power to weight ratio, according to Volkswagen Group's 1,001 metric horsepower (736 kW; 987 bhp) figures, of 446.3 metric horsepower (328 kW; 440 bhp) per ton.

The car's wheelbase is 2,710 mm (106.7 in). Overall length is 4,462 mm (175.7 in), width 1,998 mm (78.7 in) and height 1,204 mm (47.4 in).

The Veyron's hydraulic rear spoiler in the extended positionThe Bugatti Veyron has a total of ten radiators.[7]

3 heat exchangers for the air-to-liquid intercoolers.
3 engine radiators.
1 for the air conditioning system.
1 transmission oil radiator.
1 differential oil radiator.
1 engine oil radiator.
It has a drag coefficient of 0.41 (normal condition) and 0.36 (after lowering to the ground),[8] and a frontal area of 2.07 square metres (22.3 sq ft).[9] This gives it a CdA value of 8.0 sq ft (0.74 m2).

[edit] Engine output
According to Volkswagen Group and certified by TÜV Süddeutschland, the final production Veyron engine produces 1,001 metric horsepower (736 kW; 987 bhp) of motive power, and generates 1,250 newton metres (922 ft·lbf) of torque.[1][10] The nominal figure has been stated by Bugatti officials to be conservative, with the real total being 1,020 metric horsepower (750 kW; 1,006 bhp) or more.[6]

[edit] Super Sport edition
The Veyron Super Sport features an engine power increase from the standard 1,001 metric horsepower (736 kW; 987 bhp) to 1,200 metric horsepower (883 kW; 1,184 bhp) and torque of 1,500 N·m (1,100 ft·lbf) and a revised aerodynamic package.[4] It was shown publicly for the first time at the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance in August 2010.[3]

Bugatti's official test driver Pierre Henri Raphanel drove the Super Sport version of the Veyron on Volkswagen's Ehra-Lessien high-speed oval to establish the car's top speed. With representatives of the Guinness Book of Records and German Technical Inspection Agency (TÜV) on hand, Raphanel made passes around the big oval in both directions achieving an average maximum speed of 431.072 km/h (267.856 mph).[4] Once produced for sale, the first five Super Sports will sport the same black and orange finish as the first production car, which was used to set the speed record, and all production models will be electronically limited to 415 km/h (258 mph) to protect the tires.[4]

wikipedia
Re: Beyonce Buys $2m Bugatti Veyron Birthday Present For Husband Jay-z by Nobody: 8:42am On Dec 12, 2010
slap1:

Did you use your sense of humour as a collateral?
Dat ws f.uckin expensive bro,u dn't joke wit such a tin.
Re: Beyonce Buys $2m Bugatti Veyron Birthday Present For Husband Jay-z by Nobody: 8:46am On Dec 12, 2010
Neo-luv:

Thank God, now birdman would let us hear word, he even tattoed bugatti on his face, weirdo!
Dat mad man and his mad families,weezy and co.u dn't mind dem jo,i can undastand ur pains lol.
Re: Beyonce Buys $2m Bugatti Veyron Birthday Present For Husband Jay-z by Nobody: 8:50am On Dec 12, 2010
freecocoa:

Pretty nice gift,she's got the dough,if i'm dat wealthy,i'll buy more dan that for me hussy.
Super-story
Re: Beyonce Buys $2m Bugatti Veyron Birthday Present For Husband Jay-z by boolarinwa(m): 8:54am On Dec 12, 2010
naija gurls should learn from this, all they know is to eat and grow more pot bellies & do "suck belle, make d shirt fine"!
Re: Beyonce Buys $2m Bugatti Veyron Birthday Present For Husband Jay-z by kushe: 8:57am On Dec 12, 2010
i would love to look at this from jay z's perspective and project that to us men.jay z is married to a woman who in the past 3 years has earned much more money than him(something i doubt most nigerian men will be content with) and after earning so much last year according to forbes,the veyron is actually chicken feed to beyonce.

for me,she is a gem for adorning her husband with her worldly goods ,and he is a gem for being supportive of her and not being intimidated by her ability to earn mega bucks(countless hollywood romances have gone sour once the woman started experiencing more fame or success in the public's domain)

now to all my megabuck earning sisters,most of u having nothing on beyonce in the looks department,this is how to treat a man.u know he can get it himself,yet u go fetch it in a hurry.you hav any idea how many women wanna off pant for jay z,but then i can bet he is the king in his castle and he definitely wont rubbish his queen

appreciate your man in public and elevate your status and stop being like those good for nothing basketball wives,i wonder how much they must loathe beyonce for this.
Re: Beyonce Buys $2m Bugatti Veyron Birthday Present For Husband Jay-z by olax44(m): 9:08am On Dec 12, 2010
their are million naija girls that are far better than beyonce. my girl friend recently bought me a car as a gift. i was surprised because i didn't discuss anything like that with her. aside that,she has done a lot of wonderful things in my life.
Re: Beyonce Buys $2m Bugatti Veyron Birthday Present For Husband Jay-z by Nobody: 9:13am On Dec 12, 2010
mrinfo:

And wat we have here are mostly cheap and hungry gals who always thinks its the man's place to buy and the gal's part to consume. That's why they all got flabby tummys over here.

Exactly my point,u read my mind and am so much worried about their tummies(isi-ewu,nkwobi,ugba,pepper-soup,big stout,pammy,chairman etc)dis days.
Re: Beyonce Buys $2m Bugatti Veyron Birthday Present For Husband Jay-z by DrKnow1(m): 9:28am On Dec 12, 2010
$2 million into the pocket of Bugatti car makers for a car they don't even need when you have millions of starving children all over the world. Shameless, brainless ghetto to riches accidental opportunists.
Re: Beyonce Buys $2m Bugatti Veyron Birthday Present For Husband Jay-z by Nobody: 9:40am On Dec 12, 2010
Jay-z and beyonce hv bn very terrific in their marriage buh one major tin is stil lackin.Beyonce shuld put her career aside even if its jst for one year and giv dis young man a child cos **wen d money goes,wil d honey stay** ?.if pink can take-in,who is beyonce.
Re: Beyonce Buys $2m Bugatti Veyron Birthday Present For Husband Jay-z by AmAlone: 10:29am On Dec 12, 2010
It Is Actually Less Than 350 Million Naira
Re: Beyonce Buys $2m Bugatti Veyron Birthday Present For Husband Jay-z by snowdrops(m): 10:40am On Dec 12, 2010
apoti:

Absolute rubbish
Help me ask him o, he doesn't even sound like someone who can give a beggar 5naira  undecided  pshew

you are a genetic misfit. You know nothing about me and therefore have no right to cast aspersions.
whether you like it or not, these guys are celebreties and they DO OWE THE SOCIETY who made them who they are in the first place.
Gross display of wealth and reckless spending on frivolities is to say the least irresponsible and undignified given the current global economic predicament.

Same goes for you maballack, Aloy+emeka and slap1
Re: Beyonce Buys $2m Bugatti Veyron Birthday Present For Husband Jay-z by slap1(m): 10:42am On Dec 12, 2010
Loveangel:

Dat ws f.uckin expensive bro,u dn't joke wit such a tin.
Well, I wouldn't call it expensive myself. I apologize all the same, couldn't help it then.
Re: Beyonce Buys $2m Bugatti Veyron Birthday Present For Husband Jay-z by Nobody: 10:56am On Dec 12, 2010
slap1:

Well, I wouldn't call it expensive myself. I apologize all the same, couldn't help it then.
U are a wise man.
Re: Beyonce Buys $2m Bugatti Veyron Birthday Present For Husband Jay-z by slap1(m): 11:05am On Dec 12, 2010
snowdrops:

Same goes for you maballack, Aloy+emeka and slap1
Oga I didn't insult you o, I only told you it wasn't her duty to feed the poor. You could call it a moral responsibility, no qualms. But her duty? Hell NO!
Re: Beyonce Buys $2m Bugatti Veyron Birthday Present For Husband Jay-z by Nobody: 11:09am On Dec 12, 2010
From the last forbes rating, she makes an average of $80 million dollars every yr, so buying her hubby a car worth 2 million dollars is not a big deal, My girlfriend spend on me too, no big deal ok, u stingy NL single sisters
Re: Beyonce Buys $2m Bugatti Veyron Birthday Present For Husband Jay-z by snowdrops(m): 11:10am On Dec 12, 2010
slap1:

Oga I didn't insult you o, I only told you it wasn't her duty to feed the poor. You could call it a moral responsibility, no qualms. But her duty, hell NO!
with responsibility comes a moral duty to society. Both functions are intertwined and cannot be separated. being a public figure, and having made all their money from society, demands that they conduct themselves at all times in a way that defines their status. Any thing short of this surely would raise eyebrows along with justified criticisms.
PS the strong words were meant for apoti.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Junior Pope And His Family In Matching Christmas Outfits / Ice Prince: I’m Looking For A Wife Now, I’m Not Trying To Play Games Anymore / Oritse Femi: I Don’t Invite Strange Women Into My Matrimonial Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.