Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,899 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:00 PM

Nigerians Among Highest Bribe Payers In The World - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Among Highest Bribe Payers In The World (5234 Views)

Why Must Tax Payers Feed Buhari And His Family?, Asks Okogie - Thecable / President Jonathan Reelection Campaign: Tax Payers Money At Work. / Nigerians Among 700 Migrants Rescued Off Italian Coast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Among Highest Bribe Payers In The World by justwise(m): 3:46pm On Dec 10, 2010
MzGreat:

y r u calling him a not-so-smart person, he is saying the truth

Whats truth?
Re: Nigerians Among Highest Bribe Payers In The World by MzGreat(f): 3:49pm On Dec 10, 2010
justwise:

Whats truth?

We should be a change agent wherever we are. We are the Government.
Re: Nigerians Among Highest Bribe Payers In The World by Ranoscky(m): 3:50pm On Dec 10, 2010
MzGreat:

y r u calling him a not-so-smart person, he is saying the truth
Exactly my sister, that was why they said 'TRUTH HURTS'.

chrishenzo:

I don't worry about bribing,
I worry about the inferiority complex of most Nigerians
I worry about the lack of patriot of most Nigerians
I worry about how most Nigerians swallow anything that media said but fail to understand that the greatest weapon on earth is not nuclear bomb but THE MEDIA.
I worry about how most Nigerians are still living in modern day slavery
I worry about how most Nigerians like to digest negative news without knowing that it affects them
I worry about how most Nigerians shouts "Only in Nigeria" but failed to notice that the same crime happens everywhere.
I worry about how most Nigerians are internet warriors but physically they don't have balls.

I was an advocate of "One Nigeria" but some weeks back I have to ask myself if  there is anything like "One Nigeria". I was chatting with one Nigeria person some weeks ago, and we were discussing about Nigeria situation and how the country can change. But behold, the person open up his mouth and starts vomiting rubbish. He said "Nigeria is a hopeless country, Nigeria is a silly country, I hate Nigeria. I don't want to have anything to do with the country again. They are silly, they are criminals, frauds, and nothing good will come from the country. I won't go back until they fixed the country, etc. His voice was so loud and to make things worst, there were about 10-15 people from different countries around us. I was so embarrassed and ashamed of myself. I just told him " I'm disappointed in you" and the next time he said was "Who cares. silly hopeless country!"

All the other foreigners was surprised and one of them just told him that he is the most silly person he has ever come across in his entire 47years old. He asked the Nigerian guy, whether the country he is currently living was fixed by God? One of them asked me whether there are other brain dead people like this in Nigeria. My brothers I was confused and transfixed.

Finally don't get me wrong, bribing is ripping dip into the heart of Nigeria but instead of repeating the same issues that even a child knows about, why not find a solution to it. You can start by avoiding bribing from your own side. Fix yourself and you fix Nigeria.

Wisdom write up brov, enjoy!
Re: Nigerians Among Highest Bribe Payers In The World by justwise(m): 3:54pm On Dec 10, 2010
Ranoscky:

Exactly my sister, that was why they said 'TRUTH HURTS'.

Wisdom write up brov, enjoy!

What do you mean by that? Who is hurting here?
Re: Nigerians Among Highest Bribe Payers In The World by justwise(m): 3:54pm On Dec 10, 2010
MzGreat:

Dream on.
Re: Nigerians Among Highest Bribe Payers In The World by MzGreat(f): 3:55pm On Dec 10, 2010
justwise:

What do you mean by that? Who is hurting here?

whoever is negative minded
Re: Nigerians Among Highest Bribe Payers In The World by obicmag(m): 3:57pm On Dec 10, 2010
Haba! Corruption bane of Nigerian underdevelopment. What re we rebranding joo!!!
Re: Nigerians Among Highest Bribe Payers In The World by justwise(m): 3:57pm On Dec 10, 2010
MzGreat:

whoever is negative minded

You obviously need help.
Re: Nigerians Among Highest Bribe Payers In The World by MzGreat(f): 4:01pm On Dec 10, 2010
chrishenzo:

I don't worry about bribing,
I worry about the inferiority complex of most Nigerians
I worry about the lack of patriot of most Nigerians
I worry about how most Nigerians swallow anything that media said but fail to understand that the greatest weapon on earth is not nuclear bomb but THE MEDIA.
I worry about how most Nigerians are still living in modern day slavery
I worry about how most Nigerians like to digest negative news without knowing that it affects them
I worry about how most Nigerians shouts "Only in Nigeria" but failed to notice that the same crime happens everywhere.
I worry about how most Nigerians are internet warriors but physically they don't have balls.

I was an advocate of "One Nigeria" but some weeks back I have to ask myself if  there is anything like "One Nigeria". I was chatting with one Nigeria person some weeks ago, and we were discussing about Nigeria situation and how the country can change. But behold, the person open up his mouth and starts vomiting rubbish. He said "Nigeria is a hopeless country, Nigeria is a silly country, I hate Nigeria. I don't want to have anything to do with the country again. They are silly, they are criminals, frauds, and nothing good will come from the country. I won't go back until they fixed the country, etc. His voice was so loud and to make things worst, there were about 10-15 people from different countries around us. I was so embarrassed and ashamed of myself. I just told him " I'm disappointed in you" and the next time he said was "Who cares. silly hopeless country!"

All the other foreigners was surprised and one of them just told him that he is the most silly person he has ever come across in his entire 47years old. He asked the Nigerian guy, whether the country he is currently living was fixed by God? One of them asked me whether there are other brain dead people like this in Nigeria. My brothers I was confused and transfixed.

Finally don't get me wrong, bribing is ripping dip into the heart of Nigeria but instead of repeating the same issues that even a child knows about, why not find a solution to it. You can start by avoiding bribing from your own side. Fix yourself and you fix Nigeria.

Anyone yo blame for your situation is the one you have given power to control your destiny
Re: Nigerians Among Highest Bribe Payers In The World by MzGreat(f): 4:02pm On Dec 10, 2010
justwise:

You obviously need help.

after you and please prescribe ur physician to me
Re: Nigerians Among Highest Bribe Payers In The World by justwise(m): 4:03pm On Dec 10, 2010
MzGreat:

Anyone yo blame for your situation is the one you have given power to control your destiny

Easy said than done.
Re: Nigerians Among Highest Bribe Payers In The World by justwise(m): 4:05pm On Dec 10, 2010
MzGreat:

after you and please prescribe your physician to me

Its pointless u are incurable
Re: Nigerians Among Highest Bribe Payers In The World by MzGreat(f): 4:05pm On Dec 10, 2010
justwise:

Dream on.

yes yes and yes i will continue dreaming cos that is the only place am not held handicapped neither am i paying for dreaming. so y wont i dream.one day it will come to pass
Re: Nigerians Among Highest Bribe Payers In The World by MzGreat(f): 4:08pm On Dec 10, 2010
justwise:

Its pointless u are incurable

oh! oh! so why tell me i need help i thought are justwise
Re: Nigerians Among Highest Bribe Payers In The World by babsmii(m): 4:08pm On Dec 10, 2010
MzGreat:

nobody is despising that but the fact remains, the story is stale, must he rain insults on people that said the story is a waste of media space, isn't it? did you know there are hundreds on threads on NL that depcts just that so how long should we mull over a failing situation of the country.
the truth is, the post is stale!    expec another story from some body in china with their reports saying the same thing, and another one follows with a ridiculous figures saying 99% of us are corrupt so y must we regard theze news everytime they come on here,
Re: Nigerians Among Highest Bribe Payers In The World by babsmii(m): 4:11pm On Dec 10, 2010
MzGreat and justwise, u fall fell my hand, c ur words battle, this exchange just tells alot bout both of you, find out later! lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerians Among Highest Bribe Payers In The World by justwise(m): 4:13pm On Dec 10, 2010
babsmii:

MzGreat and justwise, u fall fell my hand, c your words battle, this exchange just tells alot bout both of you, find out later! lipsrsealed

Stop smoking cheap drugs, its not helping you.
Re: Nigerians Among Highest Bribe Payers In The World by justwise(m): 4:14pm On Dec 10, 2010
babsmii:

nobody is despising that but the fact remains, the story is stale, must he rain insults on people that said the story is a waste of media space, isn't it? did you know there are hundreds on threads on NL that depcts just that so how long should we mull over a failing situation of the country.
the truth is, the post is stale! expec another story from some body in china with their reports saying the same thing, and another one follows with a ridiculous figures saying 99% of us are corrupt so y must we regard theze news everytime they come on here,

Thanks you!!!!! That is the point some pple don't seem to get.
Re: Nigerians Among Highest Bribe Payers In The World by MzGreat(f): 4:15pm On Dec 10, 2010
babsmii:

MzGreat and justwise,  u fall fell my hand,  c your words battle, this exchange just tells alot bout both of you,  find out later! lipsrsealed

like what? i did not fall your hand, was just replying his comment
Re: Nigerians Among Highest Bribe Payers In The World by MzGreat(f): 4:18pm On Dec 10, 2010
babsmii:

nobody is despising that but the fact remains, the story is stale,  must he rain insults on people that said the story is a waste of media space,  isn't it? did you know there are hundreds on threads on NL that depcts just that so how long should we mull over a failing situation of the country.
the truth is, the post is stale!    expec another story from some body in china with their reports saying the same thing, and another one follows with a ridiculous figures saying 99% of us are corrupt so y must we regard theze news everytime they come on here,

i think you should deal wiv him directly and cos a post is stale, does that mean i shouldnt comment positively
Re: Nigerians Among Highest Bribe Payers In The World by Nobody: 4:26pm On Dec 10, 2010
clickgold:

Can we keep hope alive?

we all cannot live in US or UK (countries that have been fixed by thinking people)

if we all need a change, lets all become the change we seek for.

justwise:

Whats truth?

to these and other quotes like these, no offense peeeps but thats bull [ and y'all know it] . I was once like U fired up and ready to do my part but meeeeeeeeeeen all u get out of  trying to live right in this country is frustration and u get mocked  by people who should know better. ' keep doing what is right ,dont give up' is what most of y'all will say but really do I have to and keep looking stupid? No way. probably the reason people see my efforts as stupidity [and call me mumu]  is because deep down they are comfortable with the way the country is , they may deny it but  I mean if u really want a change so bad U'll work hard to change it right? So since everyone is right and the few people trying to do right are fools then lets carry on.  cool
Re: Nigerians Among Highest Bribe Payers In The World by MzGreat(f): 4:31pm On Dec 10, 2010
Babzilla:

to these and other quotes like these, no offense peeeps but thats bull [ and y'all know it] . I was once like U fired up and ready to do my part but meeeeeeeeeeen all u get out of  trying to live right in this country is frustration and u get mocked  by people who should know better. ' keep doing what is right ,dont give up' is what most of y'all will say but really do I have to and keep looking silly? No way. probably the reason people see my efforts as stupidity [and call me mumu]  is because deep down they are comfortable with the way the country is , they may deny it but  I mean if u really want a change so bad U'll work hard to change it right? So since everyone is right and the few people trying to do right are fools then lets carry on.  cool

Yea Yea bruv! cos it is your responsibility to define your destination in life and the problems you were born to solve
Re: Nigerians Among Highest Bribe Payers In The World by justwise(m): 4:34pm On Dec 10, 2010
Babzilla:

to these and other quotes like these, no offense peeeps but thats bull [ and y'all know it] . I was once like U fired up and ready to do my part but meeeeeeeeeeen all u get out of trying to live right in this country is frustration and u get mocked by people who should know better. ' keep doing what is right ,dont give up' is what most of y'all will say but really do I have to and keep looking silly? No way. probably the reason people see my efforts as stupidity [and call me mumu] is because deep down they are comfortable with the way the country is , they may deny it but I mean if u really want a change so bad U'll work hard to change it right? So since everyone is right and the few people trying to do right are fools then lets carry on. cool

Why are u quoting me?
Re: Nigerians Among Highest Bribe Payers In The World by MzGreat(f): 4:40pm On Dec 10, 2010
justwise:

Why are u quoting me?

maybe he is ministering to you. u know
Re: Nigerians Among Highest Bribe Payers In The World by babsmii(m): 4:44pm On Dec 10, 2010
^^ Mz Great, u're very impossible!!!! argghhhh
Re: Nigerians Among Highest Bribe Payers In The World by Nobody: 4:47pm On Dec 10, 2010
justwise:

Why are u quoting me?
Oops! my bad clicked on tha wrong link sorry cool
Re: Nigerians Among Highest Bribe Payers In The World by MzGreat(f): 4:53pm On Dec 10, 2010
babsmii:

^^ Mz Great, u're very impossible!!!! argghhhh

ehhhhhhh!! y now wink wink
Re: Nigerians Among Highest Bribe Payers In The World by justwise(m): 4:56pm On Dec 10, 2010
Babzilla:

Oops! my bad clicked on tha wrong link sorry cool

No prob.
Re: Nigerians Among Highest Bribe Payers In The World by justwise(m): 4:57pm On Dec 10, 2010
MzGreat:

maybe he is ministering to you. u know

I was right when i said that u need help.
Re: Nigerians Among Highest Bribe Payers In The World by MzGreat(f): 5:01pm On Dec 10, 2010
justwise:

I was right when i said that u need help.

justwise i am trying my best not to be insulting or rude. just be wise with your comments o
Re: Nigerians Among Highest Bribe Payers In The World by justwise(m): 5:05pm On Dec 10, 2010
MzGreat:

justwise i am trying my best not to be insulting or rude. just be wise with your comments o

My comment to you is not an insult, that is the meaning u read into it.
Re: Nigerians Among Highest Bribe Payers In The World by SpinoJ1: 5:17pm On Dec 10, 2010
Dis is no news 1980's 2.8billion naira oil money tell where is it no Baba , carry am. Abeg we know no be news pls.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Efcc Seals Off Igbinedion’s Mansions / modifiedd / EFCC Sealing Diezani Madueke's Home (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.