Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,540 members, 7,770,404 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 10:22 AM

How Do You Cope With Envy? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do You Cope With Envy? (6955 Views)

Ladies, How Do You Cope With Insensitive Husbands? / I Can’t Cope With His Big Manhood- Wife Tells Court / Bearded Ladies, How Do You Cope? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Cope With Envy? by luvkia(m): 2:15pm On Dec 13, 2010
How do you cope with envy? when people wonder why you got it all. You are always sited as a role model among your peer, and every thing you are a part of is a success. How do you manage the feeling of people around you who feel threaten by your personality?

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Cope With Envy? by diyobdw(f): 3:10pm On Dec 13, 2010
help them to feel better by being friendly and also pull them towards attaining success , if you see no change afterward ruuunNNNN!!!! cool
Re: How Do You Cope With Envy? by Blazay(m): 8:37am On Dec 15, 2010
Depends on the degree and the parties involved.

Positive envy like from a loved one, friend or accquaintance(healthy). . . encourage, share and motivate.
Negative envy(from the wickedly jealous people of the world). . .avoid such people entirely, they can kill you.

How do you manage the feeling of people around you who feel threaten by your personality?

I avoid them like the devil himself. They are enemies of progress. The reason they are still where they are. . .always stuck in the mud with both feet.wink

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope With Envy? by Ruq: 12:07pm On Dec 15, 2010
Do nothing the envy bombs the success.
Re: How Do You Cope With Envy? by Sharonf(f): 12:20pm On Dec 15, 2010
Among your pear or among your peers
Re: How Do You Cope With Envy? by hackney(m): 1:30pm On Dec 15, 2010
Sharon_f:

Lmao.
Let's put it down to typo; deal? ok.  (In the midst of UBE cheesy cheesy)

Anyway, envy is toxic and can be very destructive to the point that the envious can do terrible things so beware of it.
Its quite different from admiration where someone aspires to get what you've got. that's cool.

People block your way or try to destroy out of envy.
If you for instance go to a place  (especially back home)where people start getting very antagonistic  and vicious, just drop
that top and ride out (that's what i do).
Re: How Do You Cope With Envy? by larimo(m): 1:35pm On Dec 15, 2010
To envy means to wish that you have what someone else has and that is a vice. You cannot stop people from being envious but you can control how you present yourself before envious people especially friends.

You need to wear the traits of humility, kindness, etc and don't make it appear that you take pride in the things you have (which itself is a vice). I may drive an expensive car but if I know someone is envious, I would encourage him/her by saying things like, "i know that this car will be too small for you when you buy someday".

I must not slap anything in his/her face that would fuel/feed their envy, These are my thots
Re: How Do You Cope With Envy? by hildaa(f): 1:53pm On Dec 15, 2010
firstly, i will thank God for making me who i am. How to cope with envy, if it is in form of admiration i will encourage them to follow suit, but if it is bitterness from their side i.e evil intention, i will simply avoid them and pray for my safety. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: How Do You Cope With Envy? by TeskyMan(m): 2:14pm On Dec 15, 2010
Sharon_f:

Easy Sharon, why the fuse about that? We all know this is a typo error.

Next!!!!
Re: How Do You Cope With Envy? by Dimka76(m): 2:41pm On Dec 15, 2010
Well, at least they wont envy ur spelling skills. U come across as arrogant.
Re: How Do You Cope With Envy? by Nektar(f): 3:01pm On Dec 15, 2010
The best way is to flatter them and never tel them that their own suggestion or whateva is wrong.
Re: How Do You Cope With Envy? by buzugee(m): 3:40pm On Dec 15, 2010
you wouldnt have that problem if you presented yourself with humility. live humbly. speak humbly. dont buy ostentatious things.
Re: How Do You Cope With Envy? by buzugee(m): 3:52pm On Dec 15, 2010
Dimka 76:

Well, at least they wont envy your spelling skills. U come across as arrogant.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Do You Cope With Envy? by Nobody: 3:55pm On Dec 15, 2010
I fed off people's envy of me, because all envious are low down haters who only fuel smart focused people with a drive to succeed,
U see if people aren't envious of u and instead they hail u and sing your praises then u are soon t stumble and fall,be wary whenever people are so quick to praise u at the slightest reason,
but when u know what you are doing, u are focused, disciplined and your very life style makes them reflect on their inadequacies then, they get all angry and envious,
So if u are getting it right in your life they get envious
if u are doing good in the office they get envious
if u just got that hot new car they get envious
if u just got a better job or a raise they get envious
if u were slim and u got fat, they get envious
if u were fat and got slim they get envious
if u were short and got tall, they get envious
if u were tall and got short they get envious

so my fellow NL's envious people or whatever they call themselves these days are there to serve one purpose, to let u know when u are doing it right,
if u are don't have anyone envious of u in your life, then u have a problem, what i am saying is, make sure u have  an envious friend in your life so that whenever they come around and u see them getting all nervous and angry u know that,that new dress u bought must really look good on u, and its killing them inside,
so pls go out and get yourself an envious friend if u dont have one already
The Lord put envious people on this earth to help the rest of us hard working people feel good about ourselves,

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Cope With Envy? by VERYANGRY(m): 3:58pm On Dec 15, 2010
if anybody envy u, abeg envy am back, but if na poor man just bone am grin
Re: How Do You Cope With Envy? by ifyalways(f): 4:02pm On Dec 15, 2010
luvkia:

How do you cope with envy? when people wonder why you got it all. You are always sited as a role model among your pear, and every thing you are a part of is a success. How do you manage the feeling of people around you who feel threaten by your personality?
who are u?
Do u personally think u got it all?
Do u think cos u are fortunate/work-hard to get where u are then others are lazy and shld worship u?
Do u dismiss ppl ard u cos they are not in your class and hence shld not talk ard u and when they do,their opinion matters not?
Do u try to carry everyone along wherever u are or u hang out,gist u only ppl within your class?
Do u possess,flaunt and use frequently the power abi aura of pulling people down?
Who are they?
People that have never really been blessed or fortunate in life regardless of their intelligence,hardwork and background?
People that have issues with their self,lost any form of esteem for themselves,dealing with complex within them?
People that wud want to improve their lives/selves but need someone that wud gently carry them along without insulting or looking down at them?
People that are totally no-hopers,hates to see anything good in others,so busy hating and pulling down that they cant even work on themselves?
diyobdw:

help them to feel better by being friendly and also pull them towards attaining success ,  if you see no change afterward ruuunNNNN!!!!  cool
QED.
Re: How Do You Cope With Envy? by Sagamite(m): 5:13pm On Dec 15, 2010
I fuel the envy by boasting about the thing they envy more.

I then take delight and joy in watching the haters hating more and getting angry. It gives me a personal high cocaine no fit gif me.

Just check me out on NL.  cool

In my opinion, you don't need to envy anybody for what they are gifted in or what they have toiled hard to earn except you feel an inferiority complex about not having the ability you are envying.

For example, only inadequate individuals will envy/hate Mourinho for saying he is the special one. Coaches like Ferguson would just laugh with him and get along with the fun, they know and are confident about their own capability and do not need to envy or be offended.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope With Envy? by Blazay(m): 5:16pm On Dec 15, 2010
^^^

What a psychopath.
Did not take me too long to figure that part out. cry
A good candidate for poisoning.

TeskyMan:

Easy Sharon, why the fuse about that? We all know this is a typo error.

Next!!!!

Ok.
Next!!!! cheesy
Re: How Do You Cope With Envy? by Sagamite(m): 5:17pm On Dec 15, 2010
Blazay:

^^^

What a psychopath.
Did not take me too long to figure that part out. cry
A good candidate for poisoning.

Mooron.
Re: How Do You Cope With Envy? by tboy1(m): 5:22pm On Dec 15, 2010
luvkia:

How do you cope with envy? when people wonder why you got it all. You are always sited as a role model among your pear, and every thing you are a part of is a success. How do you manage the feeling of people around you who feel threaten by your personality?

Be humble and help those you can
P.S: Success has nothing to do with the amount of money you make, but the amount of people you help  wink
Re: How Do You Cope With Envy? by buzugee(m): 8:05pm On Dec 15, 2010
tboy1:

Be humble and help those you can
P.S: Success has nothing to do with the amount of money you make, but the amount of people you help  wink
profound
Re: How Do You Cope With Envy? by Blazay(m): 8:10pm On Dec 15, 2010
Don't mind that psycho up there.
What an irritant.
Re: How Do You Cope With Envy? by Princek12(m): 8:42pm On Dec 15, 2010
poster, distinguish between envy and jealousy
Re: How Do You Cope With Envy? by akanbiaa(m): 8:54pm On Dec 15, 2010
Without people that envy you, you might not suceed in life, name a very sucessfull or great person you know from begining of creation till date that was not envied,Summary "envy is the fuel that fires the flame of sucess" So just mond your business and do what will clear your conscience.As for them leave them to their envy,"Fats requires no oil to fry itself" The envy within them is enough tribulation for them.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope With Envy? by luvkia(m): 9:21pm On Dec 15, 2010
Princek12:

poster, distinguish between envy and jealousy
Pls look it up in ur dictionary
Re: How Do You Cope With Envy? by luvkia(m): 9:37pm On Dec 15, 2010
Dimka 76:

Well, at least they wont envy your spelling skills. U come across as arrogant.
I accept it both as a mistake n a shortcoming. Howeva, what is arrogant about seekin enlightenment?
Re: How Do You Cope With Envy? by Princek12(m): 10:26pm On Dec 15, 2010
luvkia:

Pls look it up in your dictionary

maybe you should have looked it up before you posted an ambiguous thread? And how will you know if people are envying you? The reason is that there is a Biblical definition of envy, which differs from a common definition of envy.
Re: How Do You Cope With Envy? by ShyOne(f): 10:52pm On Dec 15, 2010
larimo:

To envy means to wish that you have what someone else has and that is a vice. You cannot stop people from being envious but you can control how you present yourself before envious people especially friends.

You need to wear the traits of humility, kindness, etc and don't make it appear that you take pride in the things you have (which itself is a vice). I may drive an expensive car but if I know someone is envious, I would encourage him/her by saying things like, "i know that this car will be too small for you when you buy someday".

I must not slap anything in his/her face that would fuel/feed their envy, These are my thots

I love this response.
Re: How Do You Cope With Envy? by Princek12(m): 11:04pm On Dec 15, 2010
I cope with envy by achieving more, thereby giving them more to envy. I cannot sell myself short in order to please the haters, aka those who envy.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope With Envy? by ShyOne(f): 11:09pm On Dec 15, 2010
Princek12:

I cope with envy by achieving more, thereby giving them more to envy. I cannot sell myself short in order to please the haters, aka those who envy.

hmmm

never thought about it like that - ok
Re: How Do You Cope With Envy? by oyinda3(f): 12:35am On Dec 16, 2010
I will never feel envy for someone who I like think has a great personality. I will  always be happy for them and admire them.

the only time i will feel bad belle for someone is when i don't think they deserve their fortune. Like if my most hated teacher won lottery tomorrow, I will bang my head to the wall  angry angry angry angry

so keep that in mind OP. try not to offend too many ppl and don't be too showy or proud. They might come to attack u in the middle of d night. joking.
i mean if time comes when you become humbled ( due to circumstance ex. u have an accident) no one will come to ur side if they think u deserve misfortune. lol
Re: How Do You Cope With Envy? by ellagold(m): 12:42am On Dec 16, 2010
well for me i believe envy should be avoided like HIV IT IS A VERY dangerous DREAM killer

(1) (2) (Reply)

Distress Sale: 5 Bedroom Bungalow Apartment For Sale #6m(Negotiable) / Should A Husband Pay His Wife A Salary Every Month. / Third Party In A Marriage, Would You Intercede When Called Upon?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.