Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,172 members, 7,821,977 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:18 PM

Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! (77733 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Nobody: 10:51am On Dec 23, 2010
Mr_TA:

Im guessing it'll end when people understand what a big game is.
. . .and as it stands. . .a lot of folks are not able to understand it fully/defining it to suit their convenience.
My take is. . you cannot call a game a big one without a sense of HISTORY attached. . .
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by tkb417(m): 11:53am On Dec 23, 2010
TA
let it slide man. Stick to what u know, the other peeps here surely know what they are saying too!

@starboard
Ur opinion bro!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by dipo2much(m): 12:21pm On Dec 23, 2010
@ all.
Sorry,but there really isnt any other tin to talk about now.

@ starboard
If Manu were to play Notts County. Would that be a BIG game? Consider that both clubs have HISTORY.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by cougar1: 12:24pm On Dec 23, 2010
dipo2much:

@ starboard
If Manu were to play Notts County. Would that be a BIG game? Consider that both clubs have HISTORY. 

what history is between man utd and notts county? i hope you don't mean nottingham forest? grin dipo2much, what is it with you and your slow logic process? i have never seen any intelligent comment from you. i am sure someone like you attempted ssce exams 8 times before managing a "d-grade" in english language and mathematics. cheesy
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Nobody: 12:26pm On Dec 23, 2010
This thread is only 10 pages long and guyz are throwing daggers already.
Please for the sake of this season lets cut this outbursts.
There are a million ways to enlighten some1 without removing the hatchet.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Nobody: 12:32pm On Dec 23, 2010
cougar and dipo
drop this argument and act your ages. Since your opinions are apples and oranges.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by cougar1: 12:32pm On Dec 23, 2010
dayokanu:

What happened to great managers like Ottmar Hitzfeld and Louis Van Gaal

Van Gaal seem to be the only manager in Rinus Michel school of total football left. The only real manager left playing it.

Hindick has played defensive in some games, Van Marwijk disgraced the Cryuff-Michel school at the World cup and Advocaat is so inconsistent and atimes adopt swift counter-attacking.

But LvG always and always play Total football. A lot of credit goes to him for the Barcelona play right now. He groomed the Xavis of this world who is the world best Midfielder. Great coaches like Mourinho, Pep and even Rijkaard learn under him.

I would think LvG deserves to be on top. IMO

all the things you have stated here hardly matters on the pitch. that lvg have disciples doing well in europe today is hardly a great achievement especially when those disciples have thrown away the ethos of total football. jose mourinho does not play total football. rijkaard mixes it at times and only pep guardiola is consistent with playing the total football.  now what makes fergie great is his ability to stay relevant throughout these years. fergie is an old-skool manager but he has managed to adapt to the new challenges the game keeps throwing at him. the methods in 1978, the 80s, the 90s up to this decade isn't the method being used now and yet fergie is still challenging. that alone is the reason sir alex will be my number one manager.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by dipo2much(m): 1:13pm On Dec 23, 2010
@ darefestus.

I am sorry that this deliberation (no,its not an argument) is uninteresting to you,but you know this is just a public forum. At least I make efforts to keep it clean and not talk nonsense like 'd-grade in maths and eng'.

@ cougar.

You know I meant Notts Forest. They have history. I am askin starboard,who thinks its a big game if both clubs have history,if a game btw ManU and Notts Forest is a big game.

About d-grades. If you think d-grades can get one admission into a federal university in naija,well I'm not surprised. After all,you think berbatov is a genius and worths L30M
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by cougar1: 1:34pm On Dec 23, 2010
dipo2much:

@ cougar.
You know I meant Notts Forest. They have history. I am askin starboard,who thinks its a big game if both clubs have history,if a game btw ManU and Notts Forest is a big game.

it is a big game. nottingham forest and man utd meeting in a cup game will be televised with the media screaming "the glory days are back".

About d-grades. If you think d-grades can get one admission into a federal university in naija,well I'm not surprised. After all,you think berbatov is a genius and worths L30M

d-grades can get you admission anywhere in nigeria if you rub the right palms. as for berbatov, he is a genius and he's worth 30 million quid. last time i checked, he's the top scorer in the league despite playing fewer games. then again, i managed to stumble on this statistic.

Goals + Assists in the EPL 2006-2010
1. Rooney 104
2. Drogba 103
3. Lampard 101
4. Berbatov 100
5. Ronaldo 92
6. Fabregas 90
7. Tevez 85
8. Gerrard 84
9. Torres 77

you have to be a fool if you think berbatov has been a flop.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by jaybee3(m): 1:38pm On Dec 23, 2010
Any game between any of the big four/five in the premiership is a big game.
Question is who are the big four/Five?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Nobody: 1:55pm On Dec 23, 2010
@ cou-gar,
Thanks for your answer on Nottingham Forest.
I'm just waiting for the day they come back into the EPL (if they ever do).Then you'll know what a HUGE game Nottingham Forest vs Manchester United really is.Unfortunately most peeps around are modern-day/DSTv converts of football,so I can understand their logic.
@dipo2much,
Kindly try to stop provoking me,because you know very well you are always instigating stuff.When I react,you start labeling me.
If you doubt the History link to the big game thing,then nothing in this world will ever convince you.
I asked a question:does anyone consider Ivory Coast a World power just because they have excellent players all through the side,in relation to Man City buying top players?You haven't answered me,instead your hypocritical approach in attacking me from behind is what you stick to.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by cougar1: 2:05pm On Dec 23, 2010
jay bee:

Any game between any of the big four/five in the premiership is a big game.
Question is who are the big four/Five?

big four: man utd, chelsea, arsenal, liverpool
big five: man utd, chelsea, arsenal, liverpool, tottenham(now a champions league team, topped their group too).
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by HNIC(m): 2:09pm On Dec 23, 2010
You people are still on this 'big game' arguement.
I am so BORED right now that Fulham vs West ham at noon on Boxing day is a freaking big game for me. cool
I can't wait
I hope the crazy weather allows though.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by cougar1: 2:11pm On Dec 23, 2010
HNIC:

I am so BORED right now that Fulham vs West ham at noon on Boxing day is a freaking big game for me. cool
I can't wait

if you are bored, get on your playstation. cheesy
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by jaybee3(m): 2:12pm On Dec 23, 2010
cou-gar:

big four: man utd, chelsea, arsenal, liverpool
big five: man utd, chelsea, arsenal, liverpool, tottenham(now a champions league team, topped their group too).
GBAM
until man-city achieve any notable success then they are still tagged as second tier. Media hype is not enough to get tagged. Success on the field is all that's needed
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Nobody: 2:13pm On Dec 23, 2010
HNIC:

I can't wait
Kindly suggest a better topic of discourse.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Nobody: 2:15pm On Dec 23, 2010
jay bee:

GBAM
until man-city achieve any notable success then they are still tagged as second tier. Media hype is not enough to get tagged. Success on the field is all that's needed
Double-GBAM.
How a team that has won nothing is termed a big team beats me.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by cougar1: 2:18pm On Dec 23, 2010
StarBoard:

Double-GBAM.
How a team that has won nothing is termed a big team beats me.

man city(34 years without a title, they have never played in the champions league since it's inception). people also forget man city lost to tottenham at eastlands last season in a match that would have made football fans take them more seriously. a big team should have beaten a fellow rival at home to be in europe but citeh blew it. they are far from being a big team.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Nobody: 2:24pm On Dec 23, 2010
@cou-gar,
Leave those already  deluded Arsenal people who want to say anything to justify the crippled position their club finds itself where they cannot beat the established title contenders.Drogba is already polishing his scoringboots for next Monday's game,because it's almost certain he will score again.
The game against Spurs was last season.What about Monday night?
At home,a chance to top the table going into Christmas was an opportunity to state their title contendership.
Instead,they blew the chance like the clowns they are,and someone/people want me to believe they are title contenders.
They are a huge joke and an embarrasment to football in general.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by cougar1: 2:26pm On Dec 23, 2010
StarBoard:

@cou-gar,
Leave those already deluded Arsenal people who want to say anything to justify the crippled position their club finds itself where they cannot beat the established title contenders.

so what are arsenal's chances this weekend? will they defy the odds and spank chelsea at the emirates?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Nobody: 2:31pm On Dec 23, 2010
cou-gar:

so what are arsenal's chances this weekend? will they defy the odds and spank chelsea at the emirates?
Personally,I would like a draw to be possible.
But you an never pin anything on Arsenal getting some kind of result against Chelsea when it matters.
Going by past history,I'm not likely to place any bets on Arsenal even getting a draw,though you can never really tell. . .
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by cougar1: 2:34pm On Dec 23, 2010
StarBoard:

But you an never pin anything on Arsenal getting some kind of result against Chelsea when it matters.
Going by past history,I'm not likely to place any bets on Arsenal even getting a draw,though you can never really tell. . .

with drogba and essien on the pitch, arsenal have not won against chelsea anywhere on the planet. it seems chelsea will tonk them again. arsenal are worse at home than away.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by chic2pimp(m): 2:39pm On Dec 23, 2010
cou-gar:

what history is between man utd and notts county? i hope you don't mean nottingham forest? grin dipo2much, what is it with you and your slow logic process? i have never seen any intelligent comment from you. i am sure someone you attempted ssce exams 8 times before managing a "d-grade" in english language and mathematics. cheesy
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Nobody: 2:48pm On Dec 23, 2010
cou-gar:

with drogba and essien on the pitch, arsenal have not won against chelsea anywhere on the planet. it seems chelsea will tonk them again. arsenal are worse at home than away.
It's more than three years since Arsenal got a point at home against Chelsea.
Shocking statistic.
Even Arsenal should not be called a big club. . . grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by HNIC(m): 2:56pm On Dec 23, 2010
StarBoard:

It's more than three years since Arsenal got a point at home against Chelsea.
Shocking statistic.
Even Arsenal should not be called a big club. . . grin
What's shocking abou t it?

Manure have not won at the bridge since 2002

Shocking statistic

eh?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Nobody: 2:58pm On Dec 23, 2010
HNIC:

Shocking statistic
eh?
Typical short-sighted Arsenal fan.
I mentioned the word "Home" in my post.Big difference,if you don't know
Or are you going to say it is a caveat again or are you not done mis-interpreting me?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by cougar1: 3:00pm On Dec 23, 2010
HNIC:

Shocking statistic

eh?

not winning at the bridge doesn't mean we have not drawn games there. . . .and the bridge is not united's home. the statistic says arsenal have not picked a single point at the emirates against chelsea in almost 3 years. grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by HNIC(m): 3:02pm On Dec 23, 2010
StarBoard:

StarBoard:

Going by past history,I'm not likely to place any bets on Arsenal even getting a draw,
StarBoard:

though you can never really tell. . .
The last phrase would have just been apt
All the other stuff above was what oyinbo will call 'going around in circles'
I bet the next response will be pointless vituperation grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by HNIC(m): 3:03pm On Dec 23, 2010
Typical Scummies
I guess home wins fetch you 3 points and away victories get you 4 points!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by cougar1: 3:04pm On Dec 23, 2010
HNIC:

Typical Scummies
I guess home wins fetch you 3 points and away victories get you 4 points!

stop acting like a dunderhead. every team is expected to win at home. this is why it's called 'home advantage'.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Nobody: 3:05pm On Dec 23, 2010
HNIC:

The last phrase would have just been apt
All the other stuff above was what oyinbo will call 'going around in circles'
I bet the next response will be pointless vituperation grin
You're not worth an answer,I swear.
Voyeurism runs deep in the Arsenal fans' DNA.That's all I'll say to you.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by HNIC(m): 3:06pm On Dec 23, 2010
@starboard
Stick with you 5/6 seasons trophyless mantra
We will laugh at it together
Venturing outside that will be countered.
Every team has statistics that have not favoured them
Point out one and we will bring out yours

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (100)

Real Madrid vs Barcelona, Spanish Super Cup (2 - 0) On 16th August 2017 / Real Madrid Vs Bayern Munich UCL (4 - 2) On 18th April 2017 / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.