Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,084 members, 7,821,737 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:30 PM

Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! (77728 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by mojounited(m): 2:58pm On Dec 20, 2010
Fabregas: Arsenal scared of losing

"This championship remains very open,'' he said. ''Don't forget that we have played at United, at City, at Chelsea and at Liverpool, so we are in a strong position. Now the rest of the season will be decided on how much we've learned, how much we improve and how much confidence we can take from our performances so far."
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/855840?cc=5739

@cougar. Mr TA, Dayo, et al. . .The above quote are Wenger's words not mine, If Wenger who coaches the game can afford to grant City alongside other top EPL clubs the acolade of being a big club which Arsenal have so far played this season then I think you lot should reconsider your position of this Big Club thingy as regards City and Spurs (who won against Arsenal at the Emirates). They've got the money, the coaches, the players with the right strength and mentality; these are what matters most when two teams who are challenging for the title play against each other - A BIG GAME . . .The coaches, media, commentators and other fans believe City and Spurs are Title Contenders and Big Clubs now, so deal with it guys and move on. Nuff Said!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by mojounited(m): 3:00pm On Dec 20, 2010
And in other news, Nasri is still yapping about United - Is he not supposed to be worrying about his trophiless "football training center" The Boy's gat issues . . .
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/855910?cc=5739
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Nobody: 4:04pm On Dec 20, 2010
@mojounited,
You're misrepresenting issues.
Arsene Wenger says he blames the pitch for Arsenal's loss on Monday
Therefore,because he is Arsene Wenger,his opinion is always correct.

That doesn't fly with me,bro.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by MrTA(m): 4:08pm On Dec 20, 2010
Slight change in question.

Is Man City V Arsenal as big as Man utd V Arsenal? As simple yes or no answer will suffice.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Nobody: 5:14pm On Dec 20, 2010
Mr_TA:

Slight change in question.

Is Man City V Arsenal as big as Man utd V Arsenal? As simple yes or no answer will suffice.
HELL NAW. . .
Please change topic abeg
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by dayokanu(m): 5:18pm On Dec 20, 2010
Before a team can be considered BIG they must have been consistent for a long while.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by MrTA(m): 5:20pm On Dec 20, 2010
Thank you.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Nobody: 5:26pm On Dec 20, 2010
dayokanu:

Before a team can be considered BIG they must have been consistent for a long while.
Spot on,Munich-man.The thing people failed to see.
I'm surprised some Mancs can vouch for Arsenal vs City being a big game.
How can a team whose best finish is 5th in the last 19 seasons of the EPL lay any kind of claim to being a big team all because they are buying?
A team with no history,and all of a sudden,you label them contenders.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by dayokanu(m): 5:33pm On Dec 20, 2010
Everton was fourth some seasons back then we can say they are a Big team also
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by kaypumpin2(m): 7:10pm On Dec 20, 2010
Big games and big clubs are two different issues.Of course with City's new spending power cum players they have on parade,any game they are involved in can be tagged a big game,especially when it is against the traditional BIG 4.Are they a big club in the real sense of it?NO!(Real sense being a club with history and tradition).But are they a "big" and good enough team to cause upset presently?I say yes.They need to strive for the consistency to attain the tag of a "big club".
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by RuuDie(m): 8:26pm On Dec 20, 2010
mojounited:

And in other news, Nasri is still yapping about United - Is he not supposed to be worrying about his trophiless "football training center" The Boy's gat issues . . .
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/855910?cc=5739

grin grin grin

No mind the yeye boy. . . .
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by duduspace(m): 8:38pm On Dec 20, 2010
Make una dey here dey form big boy, Objects in your mirror are closer than they appear. If Sheikh Monsuru is allowed to keep on pumping money into the club as they've been doing this past 2 years, at some point they would have a strong enough team fo win the league, whether they would be able to sustain it for any reasonable period though is a different matter entirely.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by ritchboy(m): 9:05pm On Dec 20, 2010
The question here isnt whether City are a big club or not, nor whether games against City are as big as United, Chelsea or Arsenal.

It's simply a question of whether games between City and the top three are "big". And considering:

A. The managers and players of the top three clubs have ALL conceded games against City are big

B. When Chelsea, United & Arsenal go to the City of Manchester Stadium, they are NOT favorites to win

C. City have the ability to compete for the very same thing the top three are competing for

D. City probably have as good a squad as the top three

. . . Only a simpleton of the highest caliber would say City vs Arsenal/United/Chelsea is not a big game.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by MrTA(m): 9:13pm On Dec 20, 2010
As long as you conceed a game City and Arsenal/Chelsea/Man utd is not as big as a game between Man utd/Arsenal/Chelsea and Arsenal/Chelsea/Man utd. Its all good.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by cougar1: 9:52pm On Dec 20, 2010
Mr_TA:

As long as you conceed a game City and Arsenal/Chelsea/Man utd is not as big as a game between Man utd/Arsenal/Chelsea and Arsenal/Chelsea/Man utd. Its all good.

you kind of nailed it with this theory. the term "big game" is relative. since the pro-city group cannot categorically state a match between man utd and chelsea has the same calibre of arsenal and man city then we should just squash this argument. there are the big games and there are b.i.g. games.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by MrTA(m): 11:17pm On Dec 20, 2010
Top by Christmas, 2 games in hand. half way there. cool
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by cougar1: 11:21pm On Dec 20, 2010
man city are small time. cheesy
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Nobody: 7:57am On Dec 21, 2010
cou-gar:

man city are small time. cheesy
City had the chance to got top for the first time in 81YEARS!!!.
And you folks want me to believe that is a big club.
No matter what submissions you make in favour of City,they still have this small-club wanting to get big by all means mentality.
cou-gar:

you kind of nailed it with this theory. the term "big game" is relative. since the pro-city group cannot categorically state a match between man utd and chelsea has the same calibre of arsenal and man city then we should just squash this argument. there are the big games and there are b.i.g. games.
It should be the end-of-discussion,but trust the frost-bitten brains arguing in favour of City/Arsenal being a big game are still yapping.Yet their captain says they don't win their big games.Meaning he doesn't figure City as a big team. . .even tkb is making issues out of nothing. . .
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by tkb417(m): 8:51am On Dec 21, 2010
@Cougar, TA and Starboard

There are big games and there are big games. That point I agree

@starboard
Making issues out of nothing? How?

Hell no

Can we discuss somethn else?

Rio is really fuming on twitter on the postponed match between us and Chelsea

Is it true Anderson/Vidic woulda missed d match? Hahaha. Na wahala be dt oh.

I just hope we can win that match anytime its played cos its really gonna make us widen the gap between and those pretenders!

We are playing Blackpool in January! Good

Sunderland are here again!!!! I'm scared mehn cos we need 3 points this weekend cos Arsenal and Chelsea might end draw! We must give our best and beat Sunderland. Ill take a one goal victory
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by tkb417(m): 8:57am On Dec 21, 2010
@Starboard
I just read some of your posts

Did I ever call City a big club?

I wasn't gonna be dragged into the big club debate. My arguments are solely the big game discussions we are having.

@Kay Pumping and Ritchie

Ur posts make sense!

Abeg let's discuss another thing abeg

I don tire
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Nobody: 11:28am On Dec 21, 2010
tkb417:

@Starboard
I just read some of your posts
[b]Did I ever call City a big club?[/b]I wasn't gonna be dragged into the big club debate. My arguments are solely the big game discussions we are having.
So how do they get into big games?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by cougar1: 12:17pm On Dec 21, 2010
tkb417:

Rio is really fuming on twitter on the postponed match between us and Chelsea

Is it true Anderson/Vidic woulda missed d match? Hahaha. Na wahala be dt oh.

I just hope we can win that match anytime its played cos its really gonna make us widen the gap between and those pretenders!

We are playing Blackpool in January! Good

Sunderland are here again!!!! I'm scared mehn cos we need 3 points this weekend cos Arsenal and Chelsea might end draw! We must give our best and beat Sunderland. Ill take a one goal victory

rio has a right to fume cos chelsea got out of jail with that postponement. against sunderland, we must start two strikers. sunderland won't have welbeck so they will be limited going forward. berba and rooney must start. carrick/fletcher. . . . .nani and js park on the wing and the famous four at the back. 4-4-2 is the way to go. we will beat sunderland 2-0. we are not chelsea!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by tkb417(m): 3:41pm On Dec 21, 2010
@Cougar
I can't see Ando in ur list! Is he not fit? He shd be there cos Scholes is out

I agree with you, 2 strikers against Sunderland will be ideal for us: but even without Welbeck, they have Bent and Gyan.

You know what Vidic and Rio are the best in the bizniz so I'm not scared of even a Messi/Torres combo

If we can keep possession and attack dem, we'll kill dem

@starboard
A big game is a game where d 2 teams are evenly matched are both are title contenders!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Nobody: 4:22pm On Dec 21, 2010
tkb417:

@starboard
A big game is a game where d 2 teams are evenly matched are both are title contenders!
And I say City cannot be termed title contenders.Their spending power has brought them almost nothing.A dumb coach and overpaid players wont win anything.A chance to state their title credentials yesterday,and they blew it,losing to a team who played with 10 men for over 30 mins at home.Tell me if that is contendership form.
tkb417:

@starboard
No mention about the history between the two sides involved?Has Man City/Arsenal ever been a title decider or has there been any other thing apart from being "contenders" to add spice to the game?Bragging rights?
Kindly educate me on what a big game is.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by cougar1: 5:30pm On Dec 21, 2010
tkb417:

@Cougar
I can't see Ando in your list! Is he not fit? He shd be there cos Scholes is out

I agree with you, 2 strikers against Sunderland will be ideal for us: but even without Welbeck, they have Bent and Gyan.

You know what Vidic and Rio are the best in the bizniz so I'm not scared of even a Messi/Torres combo

If we can keep possession and attack dem, we'll kill dem

any two of carrick + ando + fletcher should be good enough for sunderland.
meanwhile, what's your mid-term report on the league. can you name your team of the season's first half?

mine will be. . . .

cech

rafael rio vidic baines

nani tiote modric  bale

van der vaart
                  andy caroll
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by dipo2much(m): 6:24pm On Dec 21, 2010
^^
Gawd!! See Beef. You wont put Nasri on that team? Stop being a girl,sharon.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by RuuDie(m): 8:32pm On Dec 21, 2010
tkb417:

A big game is a game where d 2 teams are appear evenly matched are both are title contenders! on paper

I think both spurs and citeh have now earned the right to be considered as "big teams" ----- for me the strength and potential of the current squad is all that matters ----- history, stats, tradition; are all just there for reference!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by tkb417(m): 9:59pm On Dec 21, 2010
@Cougar

Mine is this

Goalie - Hart

RB- Ivanovic
LB- Ashley Cole
CB- Vidic
CB - Rio Ferdinand

RW- Nani
LW- Bale
CM - Van Der Vart
CM - Nasri

CF- Carrol
CF- Tevez

Coach- Owen Coyle

Lol

@starboard
Read what Ruudie just posted

I don tire
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by chamotex(m): 10:09pm On Dec 21, 2010
Gunners celebrating Emirates Cup grin grin grin

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Emperoh(m): 11:49pm On Dec 21, 2010
Tuesday and everywhere is already dryyyyy!!!!
No one wants to stir controversy!!!!

TKBBBBB!!!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by bxg(m): 12:09am On Dec 22, 2010
u guys shld drop dis topic jorr
@tkb417 replace hart - cech
ivanovic-rafael
cole-baines
meanwhile looks kik benitez has been sacked
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by cougar1: 12:17am On Dec 22, 2010
dipo2much:

^^
Gawd!! See Beef. You wont put Nasri on that team? Stop being a girl,sharon.

stop being a lunkhead. nani and bale have been better than nasri this first half of the season.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (100)

Real Madrid vs Barcelona, Spanish Super Cup (2 - 0) On 16th August 2017 / Real Madrid Vs Bayern Munich UCL (4 - 2) On 18th April 2017 / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.