Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,850 members, 7,820,962 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:24 AM

Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! (77720 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by cougar1: 12:27pm On Dec 22, 2010
tkb417:

@Cougar
I'm sayin d midfielders? Do they have to choose according to roles? As a matter of fact, I can choose 4 wingers in d midfield and I know UEFA can do that too

the pfa won't put four wingers in the midfield. remember we are talking about the pfa team not uefa/fifa team.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by tkb417(m): 12:30pm On Dec 22, 2010
@Cougar
Can u remember d PFA team of last season?

Can you remember the names of d those in d midfield? Valencia, Giggs, Cesc and who else?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by cougar1: 12:35pm On Dec 22, 2010
tkb417:

@Cougar
Can u remember d PFA team of last season?

Can you remember the names of d those in d midfield? Valencia, Giggs, Cesc and who else?

there was no giggs there. they were valencia(rm) cesc(cm) fletcher(cm) milner(lm)
the penultimate season had ronaldo(rm) gerrard(cm) giggs(cm) ashley young(lm). . . . .giggs played in the central midfield that season.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by tkb417(m): 12:39pm On Dec 22, 2010
So Nasri plays in Central midfield for me too.

Hehe
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Nobody: 12:45pm On Dec 22, 2010
tkb417:

@starboard
Dey try relax, u no dey provoke reach me oh, but I can drop off when its getting over the top. Can we discuss somethn else?
Starboard u don hear?
Bring it on,dude!!! grin
But seriously,no offense meant,just stating my view.
The only reason it would seem I'm persisting is because no one has defined the "big game"thing for me adequately. . .
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by cougar1: 12:47pm On Dec 22, 2010
tkb417:

So Nasri plays in Central midfield for me too.
Hehe

ahead of which players? cahill? nolan? modric or tiote(the destroyer)?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by kaypumpin2(m): 12:48pm On Dec 22, 2010
Tkb i see you bro cooli don dey help you with that BRF campaign oo,so that when the "post" and its many pecks drop,remember me in thy kingdom. grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by tkb417(m): 1:04pm On Dec 22, 2010
@starboard
No wahala man

@Cougar
Nasri shytes on those people even in their positions

Who is tiote?

@Kay
Hehehe. Oo serious mehn. Lol
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by cougar1: 1:08pm On Dec 22, 2010
tkb417:

@Cougar
Nasri shytes on those people even in their positions

Who is tiote?

nasri shytes on tim cahill?  grin nasri shytes on cheikh tiote? this nasri hype has gotten ridiculous. are we talking about the same samir that rafael da silva kept quiet for 90 mins? i am now sure nasri shytes on messi. grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by tkb417(m): 1:09pm On Dec 22, 2010
Rafa can keep anybody in his pocket

Ask Ribery
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by cougar1: 1:17pm On Dec 22, 2010
tkb417:

Rafa can keep anybody in his pocket

Ask Ribery

rafael won't keep nani quiet.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by ritchboy(m): 1:22pm On Dec 22, 2010
Starboard has some serious daddy-issues. . .

rafael won't keep nani quiet.

Is this the part where i'm supposed to say "is it the same Nani player x put in his pocket"?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by cougar1: 1:27pm On Dec 22, 2010
ritchboy:

Starboard has some serious daddy-issues. . .

Is this the part where i'm supposed to say "is it the same Nani player x put in his pocket"?

there's no defender in the premier league capable of shackling nani. simply put, nani has disgraced all the full-backs he's played against!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by tkb417(m): 1:32pm On Dec 22, 2010
Nani is good one on one but I think Rafa can hold him if its a big game

Rafael knows how to rise up to huge games but can be useless against unsung heroes!

There are times Nani can be useless too. I can also add that Nani is just living up to his worth after a few years in d doldrums
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by cougar1: 1:40pm On Dec 22, 2010
tkb417:

Nani is good one on one but I think Rafa can hold him if its a big game

Rafael knows how to rise up to huge games but can be useless against unsung heroes!

There are times Nani can be useless too. I can also add that Nani is just living up to his worth after a few years in d doldrums

nani can be useless but he never fails to deliver one moment of genius per game. just look at his stats despite his many mistakes and rubbish football brain. if nani sorts his football brain(knowing when to pass and when to deliver a quick cross), he will be better than ronaldo. nani's stats is ridiculous.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by chamotex(m): 1:54pm On Dec 22, 2010
LMAO . . . I don laugh tire.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by ritchboy(m): 1:57pm On Dec 22, 2010
there's no defender in the premier league capable of shackling nani. simply put, nani has disgraced all the full-backs he's played against!

Outside the league nko? cheesy

This your Nani thing is spiraling out of control. Nani had far more space to do his thing than Nasri did. I can also say no defender in the league is capable of shackling Nasri Walcott if isolated with space in-behind. . . WALCOTT!

Nani is a good dribbler, no doubt. It doesnt really matter how good a defender you are, if you are left completely isolated against a very good dribbler(or a very quick player, or both) like Clichy was at times, you'll get owned. If not the first time, then the second, if not the third, then the fourth.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by cougar1: 2:03pm On Dec 22, 2010
ritchboy:

Outside the league nko? cheesy

This your Nani thing is spiraling out of control. Nani had far more space to do his thing than Nasri did. I can also say no defender in the league is capable of shackling Nasri Walcott if isolated with space in-behind. . . WALCOTT!

which walcott? theo walcott? evra is his antidote. once walcott sees evra, the 110 yards of space on the pitch becomes 0.5 yard for walcott. i don't know about other defenders but walcott has never had a good game against evra in 4 seasons.

Nani is a good dribbler, no doubt. It doesnt really matter how good a defender you are, if you are left completely isolated against a very good dribbler(or a very quick player, or both) like Clichy was at times, you'll get owned. If not the first time, then the second, if not the third, then the fourth.

how come clichy can't shackle nani but evra can shackle walcott? it's not only about isolation. a defender must know how to defend. when to stay tight or when to go head on with a winger. rio ferdinand has not committed a foul in the league since april. that is because he's an excellent defender. a good defender must not make more than two tackles per game cos his positioning should be on point to avoid last ditch tackles.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by ritchboy(m): 2:19pm On Dec 22, 2010
which walcott? theo walcott? evra is his antidote. once walcott sees evra, the 110 yards of space on the pitch becomes 0.5 yard for walcott. i don't know about other defenders but walcott has never had a good game against evra in 4 seasons.

Because Fergie will never give Walcott 50 yards between the back line and the goalie. . .

how come clichy can't shackle nani but evra can shackle walcott?

Because:

A. Arsenal always afford United more space than United do Arsenal.

B. Nani is a much better player than Walcott. . . If ordinary Albrighton dey disgrace Evra anyhow, i can only imagine what Nani would do to him.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Cristalz(f): 2:23pm On Dec 22, 2010
@HNIC
Thanks, dearie.

@Tkb
Yeah, among other things.  .  . grin

@cou-gar/Starboard
Remember this is someone's forum, with rules too. Just in case y'all aren't aware.

Anywayz, I don't talk too much. If it's really bad, it goes.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by cougar1: 2:25pm On Dec 22, 2010
ritchboy:

Because Fergie will never give Walcott 50 yards between the back line and the goalie. . .

so why can't arsenal copy that blueprint and stop exposing themselves to counter-attacks?

Because:

A. Arsenal always afford United more space than United do Arsenal.

B. Nani is a much better player than Walcott. . . If ordinary Albrighton dey disgrace Evra anyhow, i can only imagine what Nani would do to him.

a) why afford united the space knowing what united are capable of doing? this isn't rocket science, is it?

b) i am sure nani will be shackled against evra cos evra won't underestimate him like arsenal defenders do against nani. if i were arsenal's manager and i am playing a familiar foe like man utd, i will keep it compact. the forward line and the defence line will not be more than 40 yards away from each other. no silly high lines where the midfielders are 50 yards away from the defence line and leave a space enough to fit the titanic.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by tkb417(m): 2:37pm On Dec 22, 2010
If Nani and Evra play on opposite sides, Evra will probably die at d end of d game cos he never stays in one place! Space or no space, Nanis pace and skillz will be too much for him

But Rafa, that boi dey try! Energy is his middle name

@cougar
So Nani no get footballing brain? Lol. I think he's just a bit selfish atimes when it comes to delivering the killer pass to kill off opponents! I still don't know why he didn't pass the ball to Rooney after clichys howler.

Was pissed!

Sunderland dey come oh!

I don't wanna remember what they did to us in d first leg. That was one of our worst performances so far this season
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by cougar1: 2:49pm On Dec 22, 2010
tkb417:

If Nani and Evra play on opposite sides, Evra will probably die at d end of d game cos he never stays in one place! Space or no space, Nanis pace and skillz will be too much for him

But Rafa, that boi dey try! Energy is his middle name

the thing with nani is his unpredictability. evra will probably shackle valencia cos valencia is a one-way traffic. defenders know where he wants to take the ball to, so are his team-mates. this is why rooney is more likely to score from valencia's delivery than nani. nani on the other hand is so unpredictable. his markers don't know what he wants to do and his team-mates don't know as well. he is a difficult customer to handle.

@cougar
So Nani no get footballing brain? Lol. I think he's just a bit selfish atimes when it comes to delivering the killer pass to kill off opponents! I still don't know why he didn't pass the ball to Rooney after clichys howler.

Was pissed!

nani is an enigma. just like berbatov, he polarizes opinions. you either love him or hate him(especially his theatrics). he has no football brain but it's amazing how he manages to generate stats despite his frustrating attitude. against arsenal, he was average but his tenacity got us the first goal and his relentless effort caused clichy to handle the ball that led to the penalty. had rooney scored, it would have been another nani assist. as at 2nd of november, nani has 23 assists and 10 goals in 31 games for man utd. it's an amazing stat for a player with zero football brain.

Sunderland dey come oh!

I don't wanna remember what they did to us in d first leg. That was one of our worst performances so far this season

attack sunderland with 2 strikers and they will fold before half-time.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by ritchboy(m): 3:01pm On Dec 22, 2010

You dey mind Cougar? After Albrighton reduced Evra's valuation by $8m, surely he wouldnt relish the prospect of facing an even more skilled player grin grin

b) i am sure nani will be shackled against evra cos evra won't underestimate him like arsenal defenders do against nani.

No be the same Cougar talk say "there's no defender in the premier league capable of shackling nani."? cheesy

Or were you trying to say "no opposing defender", which would make Evra the best full back in the league defensively? cheesy

so why can't arsenal copy that blueprint and stop exposing themselves to counter-attacks?

a) why afford united the space knowing what united are capable of doing? this isn't rocket science, is it?

Shey i resemble Arsene Wenger? cheesy

Anyway, we seem to be in agreement that individual brilliance aside, a lot of it has to do with tactics as well. Afterall Messi was "shackled" by a disciplined Inter side.

My work here is done.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by cougar1: 3:07pm On Dec 22, 2010
ritchboy:

You dey mind Cougar? After Albrighton reduced Evra's valuation by $8m, surely he wouldnt relish the prospect of facing an even more skilled player grin grin
No be the same Cougar talk say "there's no defender in the premier league capable of shackling nani."? cheesy

Or were you trying to say "no opposing defender", which would make Evra the best full back in the league defensively? cheesy

evra is the best full-back in the league defensively - i am not saying this because i am biased towards united but evra is a force when he's not tired. grin did albrighton really reduce evra's valuation? i can't remember him doing anything of note against united. the first goal was a penalty(brown's mistake), second goal was a classic counter attack(macheda's mistake).

Shey i resemble Arsene Wenger? cheesy

Anyway, we seem to be in agreement that individual brilliance aside, a lot of it has to do with tactics as well. Afterall Messi was "shackled" by a disciplined Inter side.

My work here is done.

players can also use their own common sense and do what they think is right in accordance to their strength/weakness. clichy knows he will be roasted against nani if isolated, so why allow such circumstance to happen? why not bark orders at arshavin to track back and help out?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by kaypumpin2(m): 3:16pm On Dec 22, 2010
StarBoard:

Bring it on,dude!!! grin
But seriously,no offense meant,just stating my view.
The only reason it would seem I'm persisting is because no one has defined the "big game"thing for me adequately. . .

Star,

You will get the adequate explanation as per the big game argument if you keep an open mind.Let's get hypothetical here:

Let's assume Barca and Man City do some exchange programe today that made all Barca players turn Man City players and vice versa,will it automatically transfer the tradition and history of Baraca to Man City and turn them into a big club?NO

Will it turn them into a competitive team capable of ensuing in a BIG GAME against any of the established team in the EPL?Oh yes.

With Tevez,Silva and Toure on the parade,you can't call such a game an "ordinary game".

BTW,if Arsenal has gotten whooped against Man City,will you not agree Arsenal can't hold his own in the "big games"?

Will you call a match against N.Forest(with all its tradition and history) today a BIG GAME?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by ritchboy(m): 3:22pm On Dec 22, 2010
evra is the best full-back in the league defensively

I hear you!

did albrighton really reduce evra's valuation? i can't remember him doing anything of note against united.

Really? In the first half hour alone, Albrighton turned Evra inside out like dirty laundry one million and one times grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by cougar1: 3:24pm On Dec 22, 2010
ritchboy:

Really? In the first half hour alone, Albrighton turned Evra inside out like dirty laundry one million and one times grin grin

any video evidence to back this up?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by HNIC(m): 6:42pm On Dec 22, 2010
No be Evra try 'sangalow' against Everton and he kicked dry air and Everton got their first goal
or Where were u when Damien Duff turned him inside out in the game against Fulham? grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by cougar1: 6:49pm On Dec 22, 2010
HNIC:

No be Evra try 'sangalow' against Everton and he kicked dry air and Everton got their first goal
or Where were u when Damien Duff turned him inside out in the game against Fulham? grin

duff was lucky to get the ball back in his stride. his trick didn't really pan out like he planned. against everton, evra was poor but not as a result of a winger tormenting him like clichy who has now become the ho of premier league wingers.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Emperoh(m): 11:11pm On Dec 22, 2010
Didn't i say it!!
Had the Chelsea game taken place, we woulda had enough stuff to talk about!!

When will this big game shyte end?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by MrTA(m): 8:58am On Dec 23, 2010
Emperoh:

Didn't i say it!!
Had the Chelsea game taken place, we woulda had enough stuff to talk about!!

When will this big game shyte end?

Im guessing it'll end when people understand what a big game is.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (100)

Real Madrid vs Barcelona, Spanish Super Cup (2 - 0) On 16th August 2017 / Real Madrid Vs Bayern Munich UCL (4 - 2) On 18th April 2017 / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.