Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,427 members, 7,850,513 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 11:44 PM

Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (91) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! (78673 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by MrTA(m): 8:20am On Jun 22, 2011
Seems we missed out on Varane to Real Madrid. No real disappointment, it just seems missing out on some major targets will start to get abit worrying. Especially as there's no movement in midfield our main problem position.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by RuuDie(m): 9:07am On Jun 22, 2011
When Barca let Yaya go I was one of the many that questioned that move and that was when I really began to recognize why ~ Busquets is a CLASS ACT!

If Pique is TOP DRAWER QUALITY ~ calm, composed defending; excellent with the ball at his feet. You hardly see any of the EPL kamikaze, rugby tackling but he does put in his shift ~ & that goal against Inter in the other UCL semis. . . . . my word, how many defenders you know can put 'em away like that!? Seriously, Piques is not just a good defender, me thinks he's a good all-round footballer and way more versatile than FCB are utilizing him!

IMHO, the person who seems to be keeping Cesc out of Spain is not Xavi but Alonso ~ not because he is better; but I just suspect there's something of a quota system to keep Real Madrid a tad mollified!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by RuuDie(m): 9:10am On Jun 22, 2011
Pedro vs Rooney

C'mon guys ~ Pedro is just a more a goal poacher than an artist - in another team, he would be no different from Chicharito, Inzaghi or RVN!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by debosky(m): 11:14am On Jun 22, 2011
RuuDie:

Pedro vs Rooney

C'mon guys ~ Pedro is just a more a goal poacher than an artist - in another team, he would be no different from Chicharito, Inzaghi or RVN!

Sheer madness I tell you. That anyone would even make such a comparison is beyond me.

Rooney is a force of nature - Pedro is simply a skilled footballer who has the fortune of playing in the two best footballing teams on planet earth at the moment - Barca and Spain.

Even Bebe would look world class if he played for Barca and Spain. grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by MrTA(m): 12:37pm On Jun 22, 2011
debosky:

Sheer madness I tell you. That anyone would even make such a comparison is beyond me.

Rooney is a force of nature - Pedro is simply a skilled footballer who has the fortune of playing in the two best footballing teams on planet earth at the moment - Barca and Spain.

Steady now, wink
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by coogar: 3:05pm On Jun 22, 2011
debosky:

except that alexander hleb and theirry henry didn't look world class when they played for barcelona. grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by slimshay(m): 3:11pm On Jun 22, 2011
Henry doesn't need to look world class, he is world class. wink

And Hleb was worl. . .oh wait, you do have a point here.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by debosky(m): 5:59pm On Jun 22, 2011
coogar:

except that alexander hleb and theirry henry didn't look world class when they played for barcelona. grin

Surely you aren't comparing the lowly Henry and Hleb to the homeless world class superstar Tiago 'underbridge' Bebe? shocked cheesy cheesy
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by chamotex(m): 6:59pm On Jun 22, 2011
Young having his medical.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by MrTA(m): 8:07pm On Jun 22, 2011
chamotex:

Dear lord its happening. embarassed
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by coogar: 8:07pm On Jun 22, 2011
chamotex:

i think we should forget alexi sanchez then. . . . .
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by chamotex(m): 8:26pm On Jun 22, 2011
Mr_TA:

Dear lord its happening. embarassed

Young is a good signing whether you like it or not.
It seems you ae just looking at him just as a winger. This guy can play anywhere across the midfield, h ecan play as a striker or even behind the striker. He is very versatile. . .  the kind of player we need at United.

He will set up loads of goals for our strikers. You should be happy.

coogar:

i think we should forget alexi sanchez then. . . . .

I never believed Fergie was in for him anyway.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by coogar: 8:30pm On Jun 22, 2011
chamotex:

I never believed Fergie was in for him anyway.

young completing his medicals.
[img]http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg620/scaled.php?tn=0&server=620&filename=15439894.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640[/img]

i like ashley young. . . .he's very hardworking and i believe he will step up his game when he plays around world class players. one thing is set in stone: young at aston villa >>>>>> valencia at wigan. . . . .if young also improves like valencia did 2 summers ago, then united rivals should beware.

valencia will miss the start of the season because of copa america. . .anderson/da silva brothers might also be missing. . . .we need a deep squad to get past the difficult fixtures at the start of the season so i welcome ashley young - his opportunity to win big titles at united beckons. tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by chamotex(m): 8:36pm On Jun 22, 2011
coogar:

i like ashley young. . . .he's very hardworking and i believe he will step up his game when he plays around world class players. one thing is set in stone: young at aston villa >>>>>> valencia at wigan. . . . .if young also improves like valencia did 2 summers ago, then united rivals should beware.

valencia will miss the start of the season because of copa america. . .anderson/da silva brothers might also be missing. . . .we need a deep squad to get past the difficult fixtures at the start of the season so i welcome ashley young - his opportunity to win big titles at united beckons. tongue

Young is a good addition to our squad . . . how can anyone not be happy with that?
I like the way he plays (just like me grin) . . . I like players that are prepared to take defenders on and go past them with ease.
He is also very deadly on set-pieces . . . something we've lacked since CR7 departed.
Rooney + Chicharito + Berbatov must be rubbing their palms right now . . . quality delivery at all times.

That is true . . . Valencia will miss the opening weeks but Anderson and the twins didnt make the final cut for Brazil though.'
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by coogar: 8:52pm On Jun 22, 2011
chamotex:

Young is a good addition to our squad . . . how can anyone not be happy with that?
I like the way he plays (just like me grin) . . . I like players that are prepared to take defenders on and go past them with ease.
He is also very deadly on set-pieces . . . something we've lacked since CR7 departed.
Rooney + Chicharito + Berbatov must be rubbing their palms right now . . . quality delivery at all times.

That is true . . . Valencia will miss the opening weeks but Anderson and the twins didnt make the final cut for Brazil though.'

young
07/08 - 8 goals/17 assists
08/09 - 8 goals/11 assists
09/10 - 9 goals/16 assists
10/11 - 9 goals/14 assists

nani
07/08 - 4 goals/11 assists
08/09 - 6 goals/2 assists
09/10 - 7 goals/9 assists
10/11 - 10 goals/20 assists
----------------------------------
alexi sanchez
08/09 - 3 goals/2 assists
09/10 - 5 goals/3 assists
10/11 - 12 goals/6 assists

i think we have to be happy with ashley young, that nucca puts the c in creativity
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by AjanleKoko: 9:28pm On Jun 22, 2011
coogar:

young
07/08 - 8 goals/17 assists
08/09 - 8 goals/11 assists
09/10 - 9 goals/16 assists
10/11 - 9 goals/14 assists

nani
07/08 - 4 goals/11 assists
08/09 - 6 goals/2 assists
09/10 - 7 goals/9 assists
10/11 - 10 goals/20 assists
alexi sanchez
08/09 - 3 goals/2 assists
09/10 - 5 goals/3 assists
10/11 - 12 goals/6 assists

i think we have to be happy with ashley young, that nucca puts the c in creativity

Ain't it weird?
I never heard of Alexis Sanchez prior to this transfer window. Now all of a sudden every big club in Europe wants to buy him, and break the bank no less.
Cat must have a badazz agent grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by coogar: 9:38pm On Jun 22, 2011
AjanleKoko:

Ain't it weird?
I never heard of Alexis Sanchez prior to this transfer window. Now all of a sudden every big club in Europe wants to buy him, and break the bank no less.
Cat must have a badazz agent grin

he's a very good player. his stock rose at the world cup where he took the spanish defence to the cleaners. shame they missed all their chances but they were the only team that gave spain a game throughout the mundial.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by dayokanu(m): 11:16pm On Jun 22, 2011
Alexis Sanche was good in the last season(that just finished).

It was last season that his buzz hit me.

If you watch Serie A on Fox Soccer Channel, they would always bore you with Edson Cavani, Pazzini and Alexis Sanchez
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by AjanleKoko: 11:32pm On Jun 22, 2011
coogar:

he's a very good player. his stock rose at the world cup where he took the spanish defence to the cleaners. shame they missed all their chances but they were the only team that gave spain a game throughout the mundial.

I only saw the first half of that game, and Spain tore Chile to shreds in that half. That was the game where the keeper was dumb enough to run almost to the centre circle line to make a clearance. Villa chipped him from the halfway line.
Chile scored from a deflection early in the 2nd half, but lost a man, and Spain kind of shut the game down. I still don't remember anybody from that team. Weren't they coached by Bielsa?

Paraguay was the strongest side against Spain IMO. Valdes had a goal unfairly disallowed, and Iker saved a penalty as well.

dayokanu:

Alexis Sanche was good in the last season(that just finished).

It was last season that his buzz hit me.

If you watch Serie A on Fox Soccer Channel, they would always bore you with Edson Cavani, Pazzini and Alexis Sanchez

I hardly watched Serie A last term.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by coogar: 12:06am On Jun 23, 2011
AjanleKoko:

I only saw the first half of that game, and Spain tore Chile to shreds in that half. That was the game where the keeper was dumb enough to run almost to the centre circle line to make a clearance. Villa chipped him from the halfway line.
Chile scored from a deflection early in the 2nd half, but lost a man, and Spain kind of shut the game down. I still don't remember anybody from that team. Weren't they coached by Bielsa?

bielsa was the most inventive manager in the world cup. . . . .the way he set his team was lauded by pundits all over the world. whilst the other teams set up with the boring and negative 4-2-3-1, bielsea went to the world cup with 3-3-1-3 formation. attacking football cryuff never dreamt of. . . .
http://www.zonalmarking.net/2010/06/08/marcelo-bielsa-chile-world-cup-2010-tactics/

this is the match analysis as well. . . . .http://www.zonalmarking.net/2010/06/26/spain-2-1-chile-tactics/
they were the only side who went with attacking tactics against spain throughout the 90 mins. not even germany and  holland were that bold to square up with spain.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by mbulela: 8:24am On Jun 23, 2011
i need an agent.
those crooks can sell a bridge to Dangote.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by AjanleKoko: 8:50am On Jun 23, 2011
mbulela:

i need an agent.
those crooks can sell a bridge to Dangote.

I overfeel you on that, bro grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by RuuDie(m): 11:51am On Jun 23, 2011
Seriously. . . . is there a footie analyzing site that can match ZM.net
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by coogar: 12:04pm On Jun 23, 2011
RuuDie:

Seriously. . . . is there a footie analyzing site that can match ZM.net

i know about a dozen more but you will have to pay for the information. . . .deal?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by v3: 2:16pm On Jun 23, 2011
Young to Utd on a 5-year deal shocked. .good deal!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by nateevs(m): 4:12pm On Jun 23, 2011
120,000 a week for Ashley Young? Someone who hasn't even stamped his authority on the National team. shocked shocked
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by v3: 4:15pm On Jun 23, 2011
nateevs:

120,000 a week for Ashley Young?
shocked shocked shocked Olorun oba oo, I need to find my boots. .
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by nateevs(m): 4:43pm On Jun 23, 2011
I really hope you continue to make signings of his ilk.
Jones, Young, Remember the gulf between Barca and Utd.

Barca sign Guiseppe Rossi, Fab and Sanchez. Utd sign Jones and Young.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by chamotex(m): 4:45pm On Jun 23, 2011
nateevs:

120,000 a week for Ashley Young? Someone who hasn't even stamped his authority on the National team. shocked shocked

Its all speculation . . .
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by debosky(m): 5:20pm On Jun 23, 2011
nateevs:

I really hope you continue to make signings of his ilk.
Jones, Young, Remember the gulf between Barca and Utd.

Barca sign Guiseppe Rossi, Fab and Sanchez. Utd sign Jones and Young.

Dem wan steal Fabregas? cheesy

Brokeass Barca can't afford it.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by nateevs(m): 5:38pm On Jun 23, 2011
debosky:

Dem wan steal Fabregas? cheesy

Brokeass Barca can't afford it.

Bloody lilly-livered ass who uses the press to release info about how he loves Barca yet cannot hand in a transfer request.
He wants to play for Barca sooo bad but he can't do what he has to do. I just hope he moves because it favours Chelsea.
Arsenal get weaker and Thiago Alcantara will move to Chelsea. Everyone's happy!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by nateevs(m): 5:40pm On Jun 23, 2011
chamotex:

Its all speculation . . .

Yeah yeah. If na Chelsea, you go dey shout.
Now you remember the word speculation.

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (100)

Real Madrid Vs Bayern Munich UCL (4 - 2) On 18th April 2017 / Manchester City Vs Real Madrid : UCL (4 - 3) On 26th April 2022 / Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.