Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,071 members, 7,859,875 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 08:33 PM

My GF Lacks Financial Commitment To Me - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My GF Lacks Financial Commitment To Me (2581 Views)

My Lack Of Commitment To Women Is Killing Me Slowly / A Man Who Doesn't Show Financial Commitment Is Not Safe To Marry -bishop Abioye / Lady Shares Unclad Pic Of Man She Just Slept With & Asked His GF To Come Get Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My GF Lacks Financial Commitment To Me by Threedoorsdown: 6:52pm On Feb 12, 2020
Hello Everyone

i just feel the need to share this, i may be wrong on my thoughts or submission but i'm open to corrections and suggestions if any

My GF( of almost a year) and I are working and comfortable . i have a white collar job while she is her own employer . I support her by giving monthly allowance and also helping out on any other needs she may have as a normal guy does to the woman he loves. In situations where i cannot offset the full bill, i give her a significant amount while she adds the rest . Few times she has fueled my car( about 2 to 3 times), other than this she hardly supports me whenever i'm down financially except lending money to me a few times and i pay back at the appointed time . One time we had issues and she threatened to call soldiers on me if i do not refund the money she lent me, i had to pay up before time.

Apart from the fact that she seems proud and ungrateful for the things i do( she once told me i gave her a meagre 20K monthly , money that cannot buy material while her then ex gave her over 50k bla bla bla. ), our major issues started when i became worried that she hardly supports me financially whenever i'm in need ( support here means lending me money o). whenever i ask to borrow money from her, she then gives excuses of bank application network and stuffs like that. i complained and confronted her on her lack of empathy and supporting a man who she claims to love and plan to get married to in the nearest future.

when we argue about this, she tells me that she has discussed this with people and they said i'm entitled to her money. This was after she once told me that she had sworn never to assist any BF financially except her husband because two of her exes who she did things for ended up marrying other women. she says she sees how her friend's BFs do EVERYTHING for them and wish her own also did EVERYTHING for her. she also said she envied her brother's fiancee because he does everything for her( the girl is from a very humble background and does not work, still a student)

i explained to her that i'm in no way interested in her money but i need to know and be rest assured that the lady i'm about to get married to , is willing to support me in our home and not just watch me to suffer when i need help at times and also to show that she can be a pillar. i told her if she could not commit financially while we date, how would she do so in the marriage. This is still someone not ready and willing to accept a modest and less expensive wedding as she feels otherwise since wedding is a once in a lifetime thing she should have a she was not ready to commit rather said we should end things. i agreed and we ended it

i brought this here to know if i was wrong to have complained about her lack of commitment or i did not reason well on the matter . i believe love comes with sacrifices for our partners

2 Likes

Re: My GF Lacks Financial Commitment To Me by budaatum: 6:54pm On Feb 12, 2020
So, all this wahala already and you still want to marry her?

I'm a strong feminist, the sort who will tell you some men are pigs, but in your case I just have to say you have no sense because if you did you'd dump this woman and be out there looking for one who appreciates you for who you are and for what you do.

15 Likes

Re: My GF Lacks Financial Commitment To Me by Homeboiy: 6:56pm On Feb 12, 2020
Na my mouth u wan hear
Break up abi

That's your business and headache to carry
I get more issues than u
Re: My GF Lacks Financial Commitment To Me by Nobody: 6:57pm On Feb 12, 2020
Girlfriend na huge burden.

4 Likes

Re: My GF Lacks Financial Commitment To Me by cRobo: 6:58pm On Feb 12, 2020
Run for you life

You deserve better

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My GF Lacks Financial Commitment To Me by Gynn: 6:59pm On Feb 12, 2020
Problems brought online lack context most of the time.

Here's my online solution to this problem,

Breakup.

She doesn't like you.

Threatening to call soldiers on you should be a deal breaker anytime anyday

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My GF Lacks Financial Commitment To Me by donbachi(m): 7:05pm On Feb 12, 2020
Nwabiageli na em she be..cat wey no dey kill rat 4 em owner....dat girl don rub u powder for face like photographer...she just dey tell u "pose like dis,do ur face like dis,no,carry am up,no,carry am down"...

2 Likes

Re: My GF Lacks Financial Commitment To Me by CAPSLOCKED: 7:15pm On Feb 12, 2020
Threedoorsdown:
she once told me that she had sworn never to assist any BF financially except her husband

THEY WILL ALWAYS SAY THIS BECAUSE THEY DON'T WANT TO HELP ANYONE, NOT EVEN THE HUSBAND THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT.

YOU BETTER FLEE FROM SELF-CENTERED WOMEN.

She hardly supports me whenever i'm down financially except lending money to me a few times and i pay back at the appointed time . One time we had issues and she threatened to call soldiers on me if i do not refund the money she lent me, i had to pay up before time.
Apart from the fact that she seems proud and ungrateful for the things i do( she once told me i gave her a meagre 20K monthly , money that cannot buy material while her then ex gave her over 50k bla bla bla.

WHY ARE YOU PUNISHING YOURSELF?
AND YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT LOVE... YOUNG MAN, IF IT'S NOT SIMPLE AND BENEFICIAL, THEN IT'S NOT LOVE. YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING BUT IT'S CERTAIN THAT YOU WILL DIE OF HYPERTENSION IF YOU KEEP LIVING LIKE THIS.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: My GF Lacks Financial Commitment To Me by Skmoda360(m): 7:16pm On Feb 12, 2020
angry

Modified: thank God you ended it with that selfish woman........mehn!!! You dodged a pellet bro....
Re: My GF Lacks Financial Commitment To Me by Threedoorsdown: 7:25pm On Feb 12, 2020
Thanks Alot, though i put it there that we ended things( broke up), i just wanted to hear peoples opinion on this experience
budaatum:
So, all this wahala already and you still want to marry her?

I'm a strong feminist, the sort who will tell you some men are pigs, but in your case I just have to say you have no sense because if you did you'd dump this woman and be out there looking for one who appreciates you for who you are and for what you do.

1 Like

Re: My GF Lacks Financial Commitment To Me by CaveAdullam: 7:28pm On Feb 12, 2020
This generation of young men and girlfriend troubles.

Treating your girlfriend well is good, at least to maintain the masculine pride. But my problem is you made her feel entitled not only to a better treatment but to a monthly stipend. Who does that? You of course, because you have allowed yourself to be enslaved by "audio love."

So she works her money and straight to the bank, but you, no. You work your money day and night and use some reasonable percentage to please her. I pity you my friend!

Your girlfriend is an employer of labour, lends you money, and when you failed to meet up with the payment deadline she threatened you with military might. O my Lord! Is this not an indication that the relationship is heading towards the red sea and no Moses rod at sight?

Oga, from this "one side of the story" your girlfriend is using you to play emotional, psychological and financial "ten-ten."

Kit up bro, that lady is not yours except she adjust to a better side.

Why you wait for a reasonable wife material, take some miseducation pills from my oga ubunja and Martinez. The miseducations may not be taken for a gospel but it will definitely relief you in a way you never expected.

Thank you.

God bless.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My GF Lacks Financial Commitment To Me by Preshy561(f): 7:31pm On Feb 12, 2020
Always begging for money? Nawaooo.
Re: My GF Lacks Financial Commitment To Me by Threedoorsdown: 7:36pm On Feb 12, 2020
if only you took time to read the write-up
Preshy561:
Always begging for money? Nawaooo.

1 Like

Re: My GF Lacks Financial Commitment To Me by Chamakh93: 7:41pm On Feb 12, 2020
you know I have no problem with her not being committed to helping you financially and other issues you raised, my concern is that you said she once told you she will call soldiers for you if uno return her money,baba, he good as u end dat kind yeye relationship o, even tho I no wetin happen y she talk say ,she go call soldiers for u.

2 Likes

Re: My GF Lacks Financial Commitment To Me by adegoke4sure: 7:46pm On Feb 12, 2020
the day my gf compares me to her ex,, that's the end of the relationship undecided

4 Likes

Re: My GF Lacks Financial Commitment To Me by Threedoorsdown: 7:47pm On Feb 12, 2020
Chamakh93:
you know I have no problem with her not being committed to helping you financially and other issues you raised, my concern is that you said she once told you she will call soldiers for you if uno return her money,baba, he good as u end dat kind yeye relationship o, even tho I no wetin happen y she talk say ,she go call soldiers for u.
just a normal relationship fight we had, out of annoyance and to spite me, she threatened me with that. i had to pay up before the agreed date
Re: My GF Lacks Financial Commitment To Me by Threedoorsdown: 7:48pm On Feb 12, 2020
adegoke4sure:
the day my gf compares me to her ex,, that's the end of the relationship undecided
i had to make her understand that we are all different and i did not earn as much as her ex. i can only do according to my capabilities moreover, she knows i am the one that supports my siblings so enough responsibility on me
Re: My GF Lacks Financial Commitment To Me by Escodeb(m): 8:07pm On Feb 12, 2020
The handwriting is clearly on the wall.
Re: My GF Lacks Financial Commitment To Me by Threedoorsdown: 8:11pm On Feb 12, 2020
thanks for your submission. we ended it because she was not willing to adjust rather, told me she envied her friends whose Bfs does EVERYTHING for them.
CaveAdullam:
This generation of young men and girlfriend troubles.

Treating your girlfriend well is good, at least to maintain the masculine pride. But my problem is you made her feel entitled not only to a better treatment but to a monthly stipend. Who does that? You of course, because you have allowed yourself to be enslaved by "audio love."

So she works her money and straight to the bank, but you, no. You work your money day and night and use some reasonable percentage to please her. I pity you my friend!

Your girlfriend is an employer of labour, lends you money, and when you failed to meet up with the payment deadline she threatened you with military might. O my Lord! Is this not an indication that the relationship is heading towards the red sea and no Moses rod at sight?

Oga, from this "one side of the story" your girlfriend is using you to play emotional, psychological and financial "ten-ten."

Kit up bro, that lady is not yours except she adjust to a better side.

Why you wait for a reasonable wife material, take some miseducation pills from my oga ubunja and Martinez. The miseducations may not be taken for a gospel but it will definitely relief you in a way you never expected.

Thank you.

God bless.
Re: My GF Lacks Financial Commitment To Me by Nobody: 8:18pm On Feb 12, 2020
comshots:
Girlfriend na huge burden.
many at times it hinders ur development.money you will use to go back to school or expand ur business u go dey use pay girlfriend allowance and they sponsor her siblings for school while u still where u are five yrs ago.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My GF Lacks Financial Commitment To Me by themayor4542(m): 8:22pm On Feb 12, 2020
Bro. For the sake of your sanity. Please let go.
Too many red flags.
A bad girl friend doesn't make a good wife.
Also people don't change. We are who we are.

By the way,why in God's name are you putting her on a monthly stipend? Thought you said she has a business she runs.
What exactly are you trying to achieve by giving her monthly stipend. To prove that you are man enough?

4 Likes

Re: My GF Lacks Financial Commitment To Me by tunjilana: 8:32pm On Feb 12, 2020
She has a dependent mentality. She has bn groomed to believe you should do all for her while she owes you nothing. A mentality that has its root in the fact that her body or companionship should be enough for you. A sex for your resources mentality, many ladies have it but yours added extreme selfishness to it. You can do 2 things

1. Simply end it (If you are a good guy)
2. Convert her to friends-with-benefit in your mind(If you know how to play games)...stop the abnormal one sided support, let all you give her be simply sex and anything you can afford to loose without breaking a sweat. She will figure out soonest and leave. But if your bed game is sweet, she will move on in her heart but still come around for the D. So u just got yourself a Bleep buddy till you are tired. This is very dangerous thou especially if you are the emotional guy who can simply get back to loving....Use that time to find better gal and do these checks early so you dont waste time unnecsarily

1 Like

Re: My GF Lacks Financial Commitment To Me by Threedoorsdown: 8:43pm On Feb 12, 2020
Many thanks for your suggestion. i did number 1 already since she was not willing to change but gave me examples of how her friends BFs do EVERYTHING for her. she is really not grateful rather feels I aint doing enough. The babe is really Stingy , that i know. i just wanted her to prove she could support me in my time of needs before we venture into marriage but she failed
tunjilana:
She has a dependent mentality. She has bn groomed to believe you should do all for her while she owes you nothing. A mentality that has its root in the fact that her body or companionship should be enough for you. A sex for your resources mentality, many ladies have it but yours added extreme selfishness to it. You can do 2 things

1. Simply end it (If you are a good guy)
2. Convert her to friends-with-benefit in your mind(If you know how to play games)...stop the abnormal one sided support, let all you give her be simply sex and anything you can afford to loose without breaking a sweat. She will figure out soonest and leave. But if your bed game is sweet, she will move on in her heart but still come around for the D. So u just got yourself a Bleep buddy till you are tired. This is very dangerous thou especially if you are the emotional guy who can simply get back to loving....Use that time to find better gal and do these checks early so you dont waste time unnecsarily

1 Like

Re: My GF Lacks Financial Commitment To Me by lilbarracuda(m): 8:46pm On Feb 12, 2020
i didn't even read the post but you dating a wicked girl
Re: My GF Lacks Financial Commitment To Me by Lamanii22(f): 8:52pm On Feb 12, 2020
She threatened you oo, she said she'd inform soldiers imagine! Your relationship looks more like business partnership...

I can't say you should break up, I cannot be in support of a bad thing.. But think about it well, you should know what to do. Your intuition should tell you. . .

1 Like

Re: My GF Lacks Financial Commitment To Me by Westernlove: 9:01pm On Feb 12, 2020
I want to believe this Is only a made up story
Re: My GF Lacks Financial Commitment To Me by Threedoorsdown: 10:26pm On Feb 12, 2020
Westernlove:
I want to believe this Is only a made up story
lols.... Na real life sir. I did not make this up
Re: My GF Lacks Financial Commitment To Me by fatymore(f): 11:01pm On Feb 12, 2020
Okomi, you are blessed to have me
Re: My GF Lacks Financial Commitment To Me by frankkydee(m): 11:01pm On Feb 12, 2020
Threedoorsdown:
i had to make her understand that we are all different and i did not earn as much as her ex. i can only do according to my capabilities moreover, she knows i am the one that supports my siblings so enough responsibility on me

You should have told her to go back to her ex if she feels he is much better than you. Simple!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My GF Lacks Financial Commitment To Me by frankkydee(m): 11:05pm On Feb 12, 2020
fatymore:
Okomi, you are blessed to have me

So you are married and at the same time looking for someone to be your Val, eku ise ooooo!
Re: My GF Lacks Financial Commitment To Me by fatymore(f): 11:06pm On Feb 12, 2020
frankkydee:

I am not...

My future oko

So you are married and at the same time looking for someone to be your Val, eku ise ooooo!
Re: My GF Lacks Financial Commitment To Me by frankkydee(m): 11:07pm On Feb 12, 2020
[quote author=fatymore post=86602381][/quote]

Oh sorry for the misconception then, accept my apologies

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please How Can I Stop Loving, Calling My Guy / "I Don't Deserve This" – Single Mum In Tears As Fiance Cancels Their Engagement / What Can I Do My Fiance Has Alot Of Female Friends In His Facebook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.