Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,931 members, 7,835,110 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:40 AM

Bayelsa: Diri Sends Message To PDP Members Who Defected To APC - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bayelsa: Diri Sends Message To PDP Members Who Defected To APC (56657 Views)

Prominent Politicians Who Defected To APC After May 29 / 26 Rivers State House Of Assembly Members Who Defected To APC Have Lost / Court Sacks Idongesit Ituen Who Defected From PDP To APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bayelsa: Diri Sends Message To PDP Members Who Defected To APC by deboysben(m): 2:15pm On Feb 14, 2020
johnmartus:
No way leave that shit if you want peace to reign. Useless man who is your brother.

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa: Diri Sends Message To PDP Members Who Defected To APC by Mistaicey2288: 2:15pm On Feb 14, 2020
Confirm
Re: Bayelsa: Diri Sends Message To PDP Members Who Defected To APC by clarocuzioo(m): 2:15pm On Feb 14, 2020
Nigerian politicians are all selfish. No politics of ideology. They all sycophants, hypocrites and asslickers.

The case of Imo and Bayelsa has exposed them so much.

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa: Diri Sends Message To PDP Members Who Defected To APC by ValCon888: 2:16pm On Feb 14, 2020
There's something seriously wrong with our courts. Because of one man's useless certificate, the will of the people is ignored.

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa: Diri Sends Message To PDP Members Who Defected To APC by Soulsymbol99: 2:16pm On Feb 14, 2020
Hope dis one can speak english unlike the Apc man cool
Re: Bayelsa: Diri Sends Message To PDP Members Who Defected To APC by Ayotemide(f): 2:16pm On Feb 14, 2020
I know the two parties have nothing to offer anyone. But the way my belly has been sweeting me since I heard of this otherwise incredulous judgement is just beautiful.

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa: Diri Sends Message To PDP Members Who Defected To APC by bizhop01: 2:20pm On Feb 14, 2020
Why telling them to return, you can't rely on Ashawo they're sex only.
Re: Bayelsa: Diri Sends Message To PDP Members Who Defected To APC by mytime24(f): 2:21pm On Feb 14, 2020
Anywhere Belle face
Re: Bayelsa: Diri Sends Message To PDP Members Who Defected To APC by keleman992000(m): 2:21pm On Feb 14, 2020
please be sworn in first and the get work.
Re: Bayelsa: Diri Sends Message To PDP Members Who Defected To APC by Nobody: 2:23pm On Feb 14, 2020
pickatyou:
Don't mind them, they will run back to PDP and PDP will foolishly accept them.

Will want to see what will play out in IMO, let me see how the HoR members will react

PDP would only be doing itself a lot of good by accepting them. APC won by a landslide and would do it again if they don't come back to support him. He's looking at the future.

3 Likes

Re: Bayelsa: Diri Sends Message To PDP Members Who Defected To APC by Nobody: 2:24pm On Feb 14, 2020
Perfecttouchade:
I don't seem to understand politics anymore, why calling them back since dey decided to leave when things went bad... What kind of system are we running sef

He needs them to win election in 4 years. APC won with about 200k votes. They will do it again if those machinery remain in APC.

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa: Diri Sends Message To PDP Members Who Defected To APC by Comedian2019: 2:27pm On Feb 14, 2020
Perfecttouchade:
I don't seem to understand politics anymore, why calling them back since dey decided to leave when things went bad... What kind of system are we running sef
That tells you a lot about Nigerians. Unsteady at all times.

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa: Diri Sends Message To PDP Members Who Defected To APC by supereagle(m): 2:28pm On Feb 14, 2020
Goldencheese:
What nobody can do, Supreme Court can do and do it with finality.

The sound of the gavel is stronger than voice of the people when we have a true and thorough separation of powers. There was no true separation of powers when PDP held sway.
Re: Bayelsa: Diri Sends Message To PDP Members Who Defected To APC by Annie001: 2:29pm On Feb 14, 2020
There should be a law that once you decamp you can’t go back till after 10years
Re: Bayelsa: Diri Sends Message To PDP Members Who Defected To APC by airminem(f): 2:29pm On Feb 14, 2020
angry political invaders with their bad audience
Re: Bayelsa: Diri Sends Message To PDP Members Who Defected To APC by UnknownT: 2:30pm On Feb 14, 2020
And once they heed the call, we the masses here on Nairaland will hail them saying "Bayelsa is PDP, PDP is Bayelsa"
Re: Bayelsa: Diri Sends Message To PDP Members Who Defected To APC by Perfecttouchade: 2:34pm On Feb 14, 2020
ThreeBlackBird:

He needs them to win election in 4 years. APC won with about 200k votes. They will do it again if those machinery remain in APC.
oh now I get..
Re: Bayelsa: Diri Sends Message To PDP Members Who Defected To APC by wetmenow: 2:34pm On Feb 14, 2020
Shameless politicians will go back to their vomit.
Re: Bayelsa: Diri Sends Message To PDP Members Who Defected To APC by princeade86(m): 2:34pm On Feb 14, 2020
See shading of life
Re: Bayelsa: Diri Sends Message To PDP Members Who Defected To APC by krownjoy97: 2:39pm On Feb 14, 2020
A day will come that Judiciamess will disqualied this kountry Nigeria to a COUNTRY, the judgement sall come from MAry Odili b4 she mess out of the system like her brother.
Re: Bayelsa: Diri Sends Message To PDP Members Who Defected To APC by millionboi2: 2:39pm On Feb 14, 2020
pat077:
Nigeria politicians have no ideology. They are always after their stomach.
Politics in naija is joke

Count me out of Nigeria politics,just discovered i will b stronger not bn in naijapolitics.
Re: Bayelsa: Diri Sends Message To PDP Members Who Defected To APC by Cantonese: 2:40pm On Feb 14, 2020
Can you imagine the technicality used by PDP? No need to tackle Lyon but his deputy. Does it not show that more legally sensible people are in the PDP than the APC?

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa: Diri Sends Message To PDP Members Who Defected To APC by frank417: 2:42pm On Feb 14, 2020
Inec caused all this in the first place by allowing a person with a forged cert to run for governorship. SC only did their job.
Re: Bayelsa: Diri Sends Message To PDP Members Who Defected To APC by Thirteenblood: 2:44pm On Feb 14, 2020
Wow
Re: Bayelsa: Diri Sends Message To PDP Members Who Defected To APC by shineeye1: 2:45pm On Feb 14, 2020
lalajnr:
Douye Diri, the flagbearer of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in November’s governorship election in Bayelsa state, has asked members of the party who left the party to the All Progressives Congress (APC), to return.

He stated this while speaking to reporters, in reaction to the Supreme Court’s ruling, which sacked David Lyon as the governor-elect.

Diri is now expected to be sworn in as the Governor of Bayelsa.

“The members of PDP, who out of one thing or the other got angry and left us to APC, I’m waving the olive branch, please, come back,” he said.

“We have to build Bayelsa state together. I’m also calling on my brothers in APC they are Bayelsans, we cannot continue to be in disunity.

“Being in APC does not remove you as my brother of Bayelsa state. Whether you are Nembe, Okpia, Sabama, or Southern Ijaw, that is the region that God has brought us together and so, I am extending my olive branch even to those of my brothers and sisters in APC,” he said.

Lyon won the elections by polling 352,552 votes, while Diri got 143,172.

However, the PDP and Diri had sought the disqualification of Lyon’s running mate, Biobarakuma Degi-Eremienyo, for allegedly falsifying his results.

A panel of judges led by Mary Odili on Thursday, voided the joint ticket of Lyon and Degi-Eremienyo and set aside their participation in the governorship election.

The apex court also ordered that INEC should issue a certificate of return to the candidate with the second-highest number of votes in the election.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/dailypost.ng/2020/02/14/bayelsa-diri-sends-message-to-pdp-members-who-defected-to-apc/amp/

The voice of a wise man, who understands that he is the choice of the Law at the expensive expense of his rival who is the popular choice of the people! It is a delicate situation, requiring delicate discretion
Re: Bayelsa: Diri Sends Message To PDP Members Who Defected To APC by Nobody: 2:48pm On Feb 14, 2020
oloriooko:
Na hunger dey make person eat wizard food
No be their fault grin
not really, wizard dey force someone to eat their food oh. Them go use drama, use familiface take give you food. Last last, everything go con cast
Re: Bayelsa: Diri Sends Message To PDP Members Who Defected To APC by iamforeveryoung: 2:49pm On Feb 14, 2020
This was atikus game plan until it was reveiled and everything distroyed.
Re: Bayelsa: Diri Sends Message To PDP Members Who Defected To APC by osykull22(m): 2:53pm On Feb 14, 2020
God don't allow us associate with people dt will implicate us. someone dt ws supposed to d governor will nw b looking like zombie very painful

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa: Diri Sends Message To PDP Members Who Defected To APC by Dizzyrascal(m): 2:56pm On Feb 14, 2020
Really? You don't mean it

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

May 29: Preparation In Top Gear At Eagle Square For Tinubu Swearing In (Photos) / President Buhari's 3 Beautiful Daughters Rock Matching Outfits (photos) / List Of Some Powerful Politicians Who "Defied" APC And Went Into Oblivion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.